Home

Kansas City Dynasty (NFL Head Coach 2009)

This is a discussion on Kansas City Dynasty (NFL Head Coach 2009) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Kansas City Dynasty (NFL Head Coach 2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchecky
get rid of mayo. He always gets hurt. Also nice pick in the tight end( goldman or whatever the hell) and leron james. Something tells me you cheated or watched a spoiler as you got a tonne of sleepers..
I little of both, I have read enough to know some of the players to get, and they tell you who the sleepers are. I passed on some of the players mentioned since I should not know EVERY good player. I tend to go off who they are compared to as much as anything else. I didn't know that James and Bellows would be that high, just that they were good. Beets I went off his comparison.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2009, 10:42 PM   #26
Rookie

A little catchup here. I have played up until about week 10, Some games, like the 1st against the cowboys I wrote stuff down on and some stuff I remembered. Others there was nothing noteworthy to tell other than a few random things and stats.

Week 2 @ Washington.

My 2nd straight NFC West team. When I played my 1st season as the Steelers these games were the hardest, other than Indy and NE. After almost letting Dallas make a game out of it I was hoping for a good game. Starting a game with a new center and I moved Knox over to ROLB to cover for the injured Mayo so I was a little tentative. Especially considering Marrow threw a 94yd pick 6 on the 1st drive. It would be a trend during the entire game. I went 3-8 in the Red zone. With three Red Zones INT's. The crazy thing is it was a blowout. 35-10 at halftime. I spent most of the 2nd half running the ball. Final score 51-16

Marrow 22-33 394 Yds 3/3

Johnson 20- 114 yds
James 11- 72yds 3TDs (Johnson always seemed to get tired in the red zone)

Manningham 11- 250yds 3TD 10,46,69
Goldman 4- 45yds

Jackson 12t 2Sks
Moore 2t 1sk
Surtain 3t 1 int
Lopez Fumble recovery for TD

Campbell 18-33 186yds 1-1

Portis 20- 37yds

Moss 4- 42 1TD

McIntosh 10t 1Sk 1Int ITD
Harbin 5t 2Sk

Next up is the Broncos
Old 03-04-2009, 11:03 PM   #27
Rookie

Week 3 @ Denver

Complete Domination

They score on their last drive of the game to make it 48-10. Was 28-3 at halftime. The three they got in the closing seconds of the 2nd. Running game was great, Morrow didn't turn the ball over. Offence did have 2 fumbles. But in the end it was over after my 1st series. They did run on me a bit, allot in the 2nd half against my 2nd string. I still didn't like it.

Morrow 21-38 348 1-0

Johnson 22- 105 3TD 1,5,2 1Fum
James 7- 48
Hester 2- 18 1 Fum

Bowe 8- 111
Manningham 6- 85 1TD 13
Bellows 6- 98

Jackson 9t
Hamlin 8t 1Sk
Jenkins 5t 1Sk
Hali 4t 2Sk 1 Fumble rec Td 31

Cutler 24-42 276 1-0

Grant 21-99 1Fm

Marshall 8- 96
Simpson 6- 45 1TD

D. Williams 13t
Bailey 10t

My approval is up to 88

I left Marrow in for the full game, wanted to work on playbook knowledge. I also put in my 2nd sting OL. Watching them block I seen something I liked. Beets, my backup RG did a great job. And to increase his playbook knowledge I put Boma at RT. I see an opportunity here

So, during the week I change Boma to RT,
Spoiler
. With Beets high pot at RG I gave it some thought and Put Diehl on the trade black. I get alt of offers, as I would assume from a 90 ov RT. I ask for allot and allot of people tell me no. But I ask for the Bengals 2011 1st and 7th round picks and they tell me they are not against it. I drop it down to just the 1st and they go for it. No one will match it so I pull the trigger. I had to sit and think for a minute. If I get 1 or 2 major injuries I would be hating this decision. But it gets me back the 1st rounder I lost in the Satele trade, Salete btw, gets tired, alot. Boma to. I will have to keep an eye on this. Next week is the dreaded San Diego Chargers. 0-3 last season vs them.....
Old 03-05-2009, 10:45 PM   #28
Rookie

1st full game with my redesigned OL. Beets lack of playbook knowledge showed a little in the beginning but in the end it was a good move IMO.

Week 4 vs the Chargers

This game started out badly for me. They take the opening kickoff 67yds for a TD. Gates hurt, allot. 4 catches, all on 3rd down, all over 10 yards. Letting my DC call the plays he would come out in a base 4-3 even on 3rd down. They would move gates out in motion in the slot which meant D. Johnson or Knox would be covering him. Drive ends with a 5 yards run to the outside by LT for a TD. 1st and 2nd downs were good, I just could not get them off the field.

I get the ball back after the score but do not do much with it. 1 1st down then a punt. 2 runs by LT puts them in a hole. Then I do a little change of pace. I see they would be coming out in the 2 WR 2 RB 1 Te formation they called allot during the 1st series. SO instead of letting the DC call the play I call a nickle Man formation. I flip the play so the extra CB is on the TE side of the ball. When Rivers snaps the ball The corner goes and covers Gates, and the LB on that side slides back with him. Pretty much double coverage. Must have been a mistake because the DC tells me "The Linebacker is out of position". Shuush, works for me... So with him covered they try an out. Incomplete and they punt. This trend of punting follows for the rest of the 1st quarter.

Starting the 2nd Quarter I'm not running the ball very well. Johnson and James are being stuffed or getting 2yd carries. I'm completing a good amount of 3rd down passes, but not for 1st downs. After another punt by Def kicks in. I forget to call a 3rd down play and once again it's that same formation against a 4-3. Gates moves out but the LB does not follow, Polamalu moves up a little at the snap Troy sprint forward. Just as Rivers sets and thrones, right into the SS's hands. 1st down at the KC 35. 1st down run gets me back to the LOS, 2nd down play action to a wide open D. Clark, 65yds later he's spiking the ball for 6. extra point bounces off the post but it's good for a 7-7 tie. We trade a few punts and I give them the ball back with to much time on the clock. They are around the SD 30 at the 2 minute warning. A couple passes and they are on my side of the field. Rivers then throws the next 2 into the stands and it's 3rd and 10. I set up in a dime cover 2, something I rarely do. And they run a 14 yd draw play to LT. Clock is ticking down and they don't call timeout. They hurry-up and run a pass play, incomplete, then throw 2 more times incomplete. They are around the 28 yd line and kick it in for 3. 10-7. The half ends with me running the ball back to the 28, calling a hail mary but Morrow get sacked and I just let the clock run out.

3rd Quarter. Sweet revenge. Here is the quick version of the 3rd quarter. Morrow goes into god mode. I did not have an incomplete pass the entire 3rd quarter, it might have been half way through the 4th before I had a dropped pass. I pass my way down the field and run it in with Johnson 3 times. Rivers throws 2 INT's. One to M. Jackson who was covering Gates. In fact, Gates has not caught a pass since the 1st quarter. In the 4th I try my best to run the ball, but was forced to throw for allot of 1st downs. An 18yd strike to Manningham with 3 minutes left in the game puts me up 35-10. The go back into GOD mode and drive down the field, Gates gets back into the game with a 12 Yd TD pass with 40s left. They go for the 2 and make it, LT to the outside. 35-18. Onside kick, they recover. Down 17 and they feel like they need to do this........ 1st play Bowman picks off Rivers and I kneel to end the game.

Felt great to beat them after getting slaughtered in the playoffs last year.

Morrow 20-28 336yds 2/0

Johnson 23-71 3TD's

Manningham 7-85 1TD
Bellows 5-100
Clark 1-65 1TD

D. Johnson 7t 1Sk
Hamlin 7t 1Int
Jackson/Polamalu 5t 1Int
Bowman 2t 1Int

Rivers 15-36 262 Yds 1/4

Tomlinson 26-54 1TD
Gates 6-115 1 TD
V. Jackson 5-84

Cooper 8t 2Sk
Cromartie 8t

Approval is now 94

Morrow is Off ROY, James and Bellows are 3rd and 5th
M. Jackson is Def ROY
Old 03-05-2009, 11:33 PM   #29
Rookie

Week 5 @ Denver

This game wasn't even close.

And I left mad at my defense.

You would figure I lost.......

But I didn't. 38-14 at the half. I scored 28 points in the 2nd quarter. This was after they led 14-10 after the 1st.

My defenders forgot how to cover for a while there. The Cutler to Marshall connection got me for a ton of yardage, I almost had to put Trufant on suicide watch after the quarter was over.

On their 1st drive I'm not even sure they had a 3rd down. Marshall for 13, Marshall for 25, Marshall for 12..... Down to the goal line. Then Grant punches one in for 6. D. Jackson runs the kickoff back to the Den 40, nice. a few plays later I hit Manningham 11 yds out for the TD. Cutler then throws a Int to Polamalu who runs it back to the Den 22. I can not get the 1st and kick a FG. 10-7. They 3 and out real quick and D. Jackson fair catches a short punt at around the KC 45. I run to about the 50, then L. Johnson decides to give the ball back to them on 2nd down. Marshall then makes Trufant look stupid on a 50 yd bomb for a TD right before the quarter ends. I do a quick swap and make Jenkins my #1 CB and put Trufant in the 2 spot. Trufant isn't much better overall than Jenkins, but at this point it can't hurt.

Then Bowe got in the game. If this were real life I could picture D. Bowe looking at Marshall on the sidelines thinking "anything you can do I can do better". Morrow drives them down the field with some great running help by L. Johnson. I get to the 6 and he hits Bowe on a crossing route for the TD. Had to take about 1:45 to get the points on the board. They three and out and punt. I start around mid field. A few quick passes and I'm at the 19. Marrow drops back and just stands there. 2 defenders are about to clobber him and he throws this crazy pass into what looks like the back of the end zone but Bowe jumps up and catches the ball in the middle and brings it down inbounds for the TD. I kick back off to them, after a few plays I force a punt. They are doing allot of short passes now, where before every pass was over 10 yards. I get the ball back with good position after another great return by D. Jackson. There is about 2:30 left and I have a 3rd and about 8. I run a Draw out of the shotgun and L. James runs it to the 19. I quickly call a play action and get it off before the warning, Another 19 yard TD to Bowe. I kick back off to them and It's GOD mode time. They go back to every play is over 10 yards mode and mix in a few runs. With about 30s left in the half they call a timeout at around my 25. I call a Dime Man Under with the press on. They try and throw a quick pass to the left side and Trufant steps in and makes the Int. he breaks the tackle and starts running. He gets to the Den 40 before he is brought down. I have about 5 seconds left so I figure what the heck, I call a Hail Mary play, 40Td to Bowe. The extra point ends the half.

The 3rd is me kicking field goals and both sides punting allot. I even moved Bowe down to 4th receiver to get D. Jackson some plays in. About half way through the 4th Grant scores a 12yd TD on my 2nd string Def. I get the ball back and drive down the field again. At the 33 yd line Manningham gets hurt for a few plays bringing Bowe back in the game. Next play. 33yd TD pass to him, wide open at around the 10. They take the ball back and score a TD to Simpson, Do an onside kick and get it.... 2 weeks in a row.... 4th pass is picked off by backup SS Barrett. End of story. Final Score 54-28

Marrow 17-24 319 6/0

Johnson 22 105 1Fum
James 8 43
Bowe 8 163 6Tds
Manningham 2 30 1TD

Long 4T 2Sk
O'Neal 6t 1Sk
Lopez 4T 1Sk
Barrett, Polamalu 1Int
Trufant 6t 1Int

Cutler 24-37 305 2-3
Grant 13-47 2Td
Marshall 14 191 1TD
Simpson 4 42 1TD

I Gold 12T
Old 03-06-2009, 07:07 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Good stuff, keep it up.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #31
Rookie

Bye week

There was a guy I missed drafting in the late rounds during the draft LE Redman. He is on the sleeper/overrated list and if a guy is there and I have extra picks at the end I tend to go there and get guys as backups. So I picked him up undrafted for the minimum. I tried not playing him as much as I could. I seen his pot and was hoping he would not get better so I would be able to resign him cheap. Well that theory went out the window when he popped up for a new contract the week before. He wants over 3 mil a year. Hali has been great all year for me, he's young but his pot is lower and their overall is about the same, with Redman being 1 point lower. I took a game week to think about it and watched Redman play vs Denver and was impressed. So I put Hali on the trading block. The lowest I was thinking was a 3rd plus another pick. A few teams offer me 4th and up. I get Oakland to offer me a 3rd and a 7th in 2011 I don't want to trade him to a division rival so I ask Buffalo to increase their offer. They offer a much better deal in a 2010 2nd and 6th. Sold. Cost me 2 mil against next years cap next year, but I'm still in the 20m cap area so It won't hurt to bad. I then sign Redman for 5 years at 3.1 a year with a 3.5 mil bonus. LE Franklin, who I dropped in the preseason is still available, so I pick him back up to fill the roster spot.

Shankleback, my backup ROLB wants 4m a year for 5 yrs. While his ovr/pot may be worth it, I don't need him at that price. Gooden, my backup MLB is a 84/88 ROLB so I switch the 2. It makes Shankleback a 77/86 MLB but I normally only dress 2 and O'neal becomes my primary backup MLB. (Been dressing all my Lb's since Mayo's Injury)

Franklin, my new LE asks for a contract in the 2nd week. Wants a contract a little lower than Redman. He will be gone at the end of the season..... Wilson, a WR that I have yet to dress wants a 2 yr deal, a little more than the 290 I am paying him, I get to work on the details, but I run out of time. Boyd, my 3rd string Qb wants 3.5 mill a year. Don't think so. Shelly and Brackins ask for reasonable contracts, but with their ovr/pot they r not worth keeping.

Next week is @ Baltimore. The only team with a win against me this year in week 3 of the preseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #32
Rookie

Week 7 @ Baltimore

I should remember to write down what the team I'm playings record is.....

As I think I mentioned before, this is not the ravens team you are used to. Gone is the hard nosed slam the ball down your throat and throw enough to win team I had played allot in my Steelers franchise. Not sure who Westgate is, But he has brought the spread attack to Baltimore. They pass allot now, crazy allot as you will see. They also changed to a base 4-3 defense. Just doesn't look right IMO. Anyway, on to a wild game that about drove me nuts.

If this game were a book it would have been called "My day in Turnover Hell"

They win the toss and kickoff to me, something I can say I do not recall the computer ever doing. So I take the ball down and score 1st. I had trouble running the ball, and if anyone has tried to run the ball before Baltimore loses all it's good LB's you would know this. But L. Johnson gets my 1st score of the game. 5 yd run to the corner. Their 1st series is pass, pass, pass, pass, run, pass, pass, pass and did I mention pass. On around my 30yd line Collins goes into his drop and throws a bullet down the middle, which M. Jackson jumps up and snatches out of mid-air at the 25 yd line. 75 Yds later he crosses the Goal Line. 14-0. Sweet. They get a few yards and a 1st down but have to punt and they pin me inside the 20. After 2 plays for me it's 3rd and around 5. I try and get sneaky and call a draw play with L. James. Well, Ray Lewis isn't having any of that. He crushes James who fumbles the ball and it's recovered at the 25. They get no-where and kick a FG. 14-3, no problem. I get the ball back and reach midfield before I have to punt. I put them inside the 20 but a pass play later the get out of my Red Zone. The next pass out of Collins hands is picked off by Jenkins at the 29 and run in to a TD. 21-3. I kick the ball back to them for a touchback. Collins next pass is once again picked off my Jenkins who is down at the 25. There is 2 seconds left in the half and I call a play action. Marrow fakes the handoff and throws it right in the hands of A. Barnes of the Ravens at the 20. 80yds later the quarter ends 21-10. 5 turnovers in 1 quarter, 3 Def TD's. The tend would continue.

I start the 2nd quarter with the ball and am forced to punt. We trade punts for a while, 3rd down for both teams is terrible in this game. On a 3rd and 10 the OC calls a shotgun draw, the ravens come out in a base 4-3. (Side note, ever notice how when u call a run out of a pass formation the always seem to be in a base formation, but when u call a pass from that same formation the are in the nickel?) Well, L. James gets the ball and takes 2 steps before R. Lewis cleans his clock again, how either player was not hurt is crazy. But the ball come out and they recover. James does not get another carry the entire game. The don't get far and have to punt the ball back. It's the 2 minute warning and I go into hurry up mode. I drive down the field and with 15 seconds left I'm at the 10. I have 1 timeout left so i figure 1 more shot into the endzone and I will kick a FG. Unfortunately A. Barnes rips through my line and Marrow throws a duck, which is caught by Ed Reed at the 3. 97 yards later the half is over and it's 21-17. 7 turnovers in 2 quarters, 4 Def TD's........

The 3rd starts out with Collins throwing a pick on his 2nd pass after watching McGahee get carted off the field the play prior thanks to M. Jackson. This one to Polamalu. My next play is a 45 yd TD to Bowe. I send the ball back their way and they send it back to me. But only after D. Knox send the 2nd Ravens Rb to the locker room, this time P.J. Daniels. Punts go back and forth for most of the 3rd until Jenkins picks off his 3rd of the game at my 30. 2 long passed to Bowe and I'm in the endzone. The 3rd ends 38-17, 10 Turnovers 4 Def TD's. (Morrow threw an Int to Reed again during the 3rd as well. but they just punted it back to me.)

4th verse same as the 1st, 2nd and 3rd..........

On my 1st possession of the 4th quarter, R. Lewis once again shows why he is who he is, Slamming the ball out of L. Johnson's hands on an outside run. This leads to a punt, but This reminds me of the reason in my steelers franchise I picked him up when he was a free agent. He never did this for me, but he always seems to do it against me. I'm trying to run as much of the cloak away as possible and L. Johnson is finally finding holes. On a 3rd and short from the 50 I call a play action, and Ed Reed once again picks Morrow off. After a few quick strike out of the backfield to Felix Jones (their only RB) he runs one in from 16 out. They kick the ball back to me and I try and run some more clock out. I get to another 3rd down and try to pass for it, Morrow decides to ignore the wide open D. Clark and throws into double coverage and it's picked off at my 41 and returned of a TD by C. McAllister. 38-31.........4 minutes left in the game. They kick the ball back to me and my 1st play is a play action 1st down, then I run the ball until I'm at the 8 with a minute left. I play action to the 1 and the next play run it in for the score. 45-31. The game ends after 1 pass from Collins....

13 Turnovers

5 Def TD's

I saved the game and shut it off disgusted.

Morrow 19-37 390 2/5

Johnson 26 87 2TD 1Fum
James 4 11 2Fum
Bowe 5 155 2TD

M. Jackson 7t 1Int 1TD
Polamalu 7T 1Int
Jenkins 6t 3Int 1TD
Redman 5t 2Sk
Long 5t 2Sk
Lopez 5T 1Sk
Moore 1t 1Sk

Collins 23-50 256 0-5

McGahee 13 39
Daniels 1 3
Jones 5 18 1TD (7c 57 yds)
D. Williams 6 70

A. Barnes 8t 1Sk 1Int 1TD
McAllister 7t 1Int 1TD
Reed 4t 3Int 1TD
Lewis 7t 3FF

3rd down #'s
KC 3-12
Bal 3-15

Approval up to 96

Next week is vs Cleveland. My next suprise......

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »