Home

The Path to Victory---My Arizona Cradinals Dynasty

This is a discussion on The Path to Victory---My Arizona Cradinals Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2009, 11:55 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: The Path to Victory---My Arizona Cradinals Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC
So just curious then...if you dont have the time to play the game...or dont want to...which is better....supersim or just simming to get realistic numbers and results?
Simming is more realistic than supersim.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:37 PM   #34
Pro

An easy win over the Red skins 29-13, at least it was easy until about 3 minutes left in the game.

In the first two and a half quarters, the Redskins had no success at all. It was like my offensive show. Filzergald had a spectacular one-handed grab TD on my first drive. We added two more field goals before the half, and had a great punt which stopped at the 1 yard line and lead to a saftey by Stockton/Campbell. 15-0 at the half.

I continue to drive with ease in early 3rd, added two more TDs to Boldin. Just after another punt from the Redskins, I thought it was going to end with a shutout again.

Fumble.

Bulluck fumbled on the punt return, and it was taken for a TD. 29-7. Then the Redskins won the onside kick, passed easily down the field, then got a TD off a QB scramble, but filed to tow- point conversion.
They won the onside kick again(WTF!) Luckly I was able to stop them in the redzone, and run out the clock. Final score: 29-13.

Robison was 14-27, 3TD, and 232 yards. Rice had 61 yards on 12 carries, and Norwood had 11 on 2 carries. Boldin had 4 catches, 79 yards and 2 TDs. Filzergald also had 4 catches, 72 yards, and 1 TD.

One of the key factors of winning this game was my run D. It dominated this game, the Redskins had in total only 37 yard on 16 tries. We had 10 tackels for loss in total. The one defensive player who really stood out this game was MLB Stockton, conttrbuting 8 tackels and 4 tackles for loss, plus a sack.

Although we won this week, it kinda worries me cuz of my team's late breakdown in the game. I hope it won't happen again next week against the Cowboys.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #35
Pro

Oh, yah. Wiith this win over the Redskins, I clinched the NFC West with a record of 11-3. But it's still pretty hard for me to get the first round bye, cuz the Gaints and the Eagles are on top of me, both 12-2, plust the Bucs way up at the top who are the only unbeaten team in the NFL. With only two games left, I'm likely out of the first 2 seeds. Here is how the NFC looks now:
1. Bucs 14-0 clinched division
2. Giants 12-2 cliched playoff spot
3. Eagles 12-2 cliched playoff spot
4. Cardinals 11-3 clinched division
5. Packers 9-5
6.Vikings 8-6
7.Rams 8-6
8.Lions 7-7

The Giants are fighting for NFC East with the Eagles, and Packers are fighting for NFC north with the Vikings. Plus the Rams(8-6) are fighting for the last wildcard spot.(Too bad for them I'm facing them on the last week).

Stay tuned for the next game vs the Cowboys!!
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2009, 01:45 PM   #36
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17

Good job on the win. Sounds like our games go about the same...good until 2 minutes to go...
Old 05-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #37
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC
Good job on the win. Sounds like our games go about the same...good until 2 minutes to go...
Lol, I know it get so frustrating sometimes, good thing it doesn't happen often. I think the main reason it that they are probably tired, I had like 5 player showed up in 20% or less fatigue in the 4th quarter.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #38
Pro

Week 16 vs Cowboys
I won the faceoff and started with the ball. Passed a lot on the opening drive and had decent success. But when we were just outside of the redzone, their CB Newman would intercept a pass and take it for a TD. 7-0 Cowboys.

So we had to start all over again. Once again the passing was decent, and we had some good draws and QB sneaks for a 4th down conversion. But, eventually, my drive will be stopped on the 14 with 3 defelcted passes. And I had to settle for a field goal. 7-3 now.

The Cowboys started a good drive, but then my D stepped on big on a 3rd and 2 playaround mid field, which gave me the ball back with about 3 mins left in the half. The passes went well at the beginning, but it would stall again outside of the redzone. Then Serna misses a 51 yarder. Whic gives them the ball back at the 41 with 48 seconds left.

On thier first play, Romo scrambles for 50 yards(WTF!!), then the TD pass to E. James(my former HB) puts the score at 14-3 with 25 seconds left.

I had a few passes that moved me up to my own 40 yard line, then, with 7 seconds left, Boldin would catch a pass over his head on the hail merry and run it about 20 yards for a TD. The score at the half is 14-10.

The Giants would go 3 and out on their opening drive, which gave me the ball at my 44 yard line. I tried to run, but got stuffed, so I passed it all the way to the 4 yard line. On 1st &goal, I tried a play-action pass, and it was completed to my FB K.Johnson.(Wow, usually my FB never gets any passes at all). And the score is now 17-14 Arizona.

The Giants gets a first down after a delay of game penalty(I only got it called on me before, never thought that CPU can actually get it), but that's as far as they are going to get on this drive, cuz my secondary played very well against the passes and almost picked the second one. Now giving me the ball at my own 20.
But I couldn't make any plays neither, and was forced to punt back. Then, somehow, the Cowboys offence got on fire, move downthe field quickly like my D was nothing and scored a TD. 21-17.

Now there is about 3:17 left on the clock, and I have to get a TD on this drive. But Robinson didn't even need to tuch the ball, because my #1 return my Bulluck returned the kickoff for a TD. The score is 24-21 now with 3:00 left. I hope my D can hold......

The Cowboys moved down the field slowly, after the 2 minute warning, a pass interference was called, and then the D just collapsed, giving up three big passes, and ultimatly giving up the TD. The Cowboys lead 28-24 with 1:20 on the clock. It all comes down to the next drive.

With two completed passes, I moved to the Cowboys' 41. Than an incompletion stops the clock at 0:44, I still have all 3 of my timeouts. On 2nd & 10, there was a gain of 4. I used a timeout. Now 3rd & 6, Robinson passes to the left to Randall, and he drops it in traffic. 4th & 6, 34 seconds left, Randall drops another pass in traffic. The Cowboys would run out the clock. Game over, Cowboys win. The final score is 28-24.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:14 PM   #39
Pro

Stats:
Robinson: 21-34, 291 yards, 2TD, 1 INT
Rice: 5 yards on 5 tries, 1 catch, 10 yards.
Norwood: 3 yards on 2 tries.
Randall: 10 catches, 153 yards, 2 drops
Filzergald:5 catches, 44 yards.

Romo was 14-20, 168 yards, 3TD.

This is a very frustrating loss. From the stats, you can see nothing wrong except for the run game, which doesn't matter much for me because I'm pass heavy. Randall had an exceptional great game, catching 10 passes and only droping 2, but ironicly the 2 he droped were the mostt important passes of the game.

Here is the final NFC standing with only my game left to go:
1. Bucs 16-0 (WOW) Z
2. Giants 14-2 X
3. Eagles 13-3 X
4. Cardinals 11-4 Y
5. Packers 11-5 Y
6. Vikings 9-7
7. Rams 8-7

And the Pro Bowl voting is out, only Campball and E.Wilson made it though(sigh).

All right, next is the last game of the season against the Rams, I have a 5-0 record for divisional matchups. I'll make it 6-0 after this game!
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #40
Pro

I simmed the game against the Rams cuz I didn't fell like playing it. We won 28-12. Robinson was 24-31, 321 yards, 2TD and 1 INT. Rice had 51 yards on 12 attempts, and 2TD. Defensively Campball was a beast, contributing 12 tackles.

Here is the final standing for NFC:
1. Bucs 16-0 Conference.
2. Giants 14-2 Division
3. Eagles 13-3 Wildcard
4. Cardinals 12-4 Division
5. Packers 11-5 Division
6. Vikings 9-7 Wildcard

And NFC:
1. Colts 13-3 Conference
2. Broncos 11-5 Division
3. Titans 11-5 Wildcard
4. Bills 10-6 Division
5. Bengals 10-6 Division
6. Jaguars 10-6 Wildcard

I'll play the Vikings in wildcard round. It should be no problem, since I've beaten them in the season and many times before. But who knows what's gonna happen in the playoffs.
2. Cardinals #2
3. Jets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »