Home

Talent Outside the Pocket: An NCAA 10 QB Story

This is a discussion on Talent Outside the Pocket: An NCAA 10 QB Story within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 02:04 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: Talent Outside the Pocket: An NCAA 10 QB Story

HIGH SCHOOL GAME #4--THE CHAMPIONSHIPS: EASTCHESTER HIGH SCHOOL @ IRVINGTON HIGH SCHOOL:

1st Quarter:

5:00: EHS TD: 91 YD KICK RETURN BY EHS KR. 7-0 EHS.

2:32: IHS TD: 57 YD RUSH BY G. PICKARTS. 7-7 TIED.

1:17: IHS TD: 43 YD PASS FROM G. PICKARTS TO TE. 14-7 IHS.

2nd Quarter:

4:25: EHS TD: 17 YD PASS FROM QB TO TE. 14-14 TIED.

2:15: EHS TD: 2 YD RUSH BY FB. 21-14 EHS.

0:41: EHS TD: 24 YD PASS FROM QB TO WR. 28-14 EHS.

3rd Quarter:

2:42: EHS FG: 22 YD FG BY EHS K. 31-14 EHS.

4th Quarter:

4:13: EHS TD: 76 YD FUMBLE RECOVERY FROM G. PICKARTS. 38-14 EHS.

1:55: IHS TD: 4 YD RUSH BY FB. 38-20 EHS (FAILED 2 PT CONVERSION)

FINAL GAME SCORE: EHS 38 IHS 20

GARY PICKARTS' FINAL STATISTICS: 15/29 ATT, 277 PASS YDS, 1 PASS TD, 198 RUSH YDS, 1 RUSH TD, 5 INT.

SCOUTS IN ATTENDANCE:

#16 NORTH CAROLINA
#7 OHIO STATE
#19 TCU
#6 ALABAMA
#13 GEORGIA
#11 OLE MISS
Old 07-28-2009, 02:07 PM   #18
Banned

That's it for my high school career. The championships are over...I can't believe we lost, and it was mostly my fault!!

Luckily, there were a ton of schools interested in me. We had a full out bash when we heard how much interest there was. Coach P even let me have a beer!

Here is a list of some of the top teams that are interested in me, along with the team role they're promising me. The only problem is, I can't decide! They all look so good, and I'm so new at this! Which is why I'm asking for your help, OSers. Help me choose my school, out of the available list.

#1 FLORIDA 3RD STRING
#3 TEXAS 2ND STRING

#5 LSU 2ND STRING

#6 ALABAMA STARTER

#7 OHIO STATE 2ND STRING

#8 PENN STATE 2ND STRING

#10 VIRGINIA TECH 2ND STRING.

I wouldn't mind being a starter at Alabama, of course. But I also think it might be a good idea to be 2nd string the first year, until I learn the ropes. Where do you all think I should go? If I'm going to be 2nd string, I'd like to be behind a Junior or a Senior at the QB position. Any thoughts, anyone?
Old 07-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinderhizzle84
That's it for my high school career. The championships are over...I can't believe we lost, and it was mostly my fault!!

Luckily, there were a ton of schools interested in me. We had a full out bash when we heard how much interest there was. Coach P even let me have a beer!

Here is a list of some of the top teams that are interested in me, along with the team role they're promising me. The only problem is, I can't decide! They all look so good, and I'm so new at this! Which is why I'm asking for your help, OSers. Help me choose my school, out of the available list.

#1 FLORIDA 3RD STRING
#3 TEXAS 2ND STRING

#5 LSU 2ND STRING

#6 ALABAMA STARTER

#7 OHIO STATE 2ND STRING

#8 PENN STATE 2ND STRING

#10 VIRGINIA TECH 2ND STRING.

I wouldn't mind being a starter at Alabama, of course. But I also think it might be a good idea to be 2nd string the first year, until I learn the ropes. Where do you all think I should go? If I'm going to be 2nd string, I'd like to be behind a Junior or a Senior at the QB position. Any thoughts, anyone?
Some nice schools there and from being an ohio boy I say Ohio State but you gotta do whats best for you and go for Alabama.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #20
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

I think you should go to Alabama and be the starter.

However, if you went to Ohio State/Penn State, I'd have to root against you when you play Michigan.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:42 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

where ever you choose, pick somewhere with good WR weapons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 02:44 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

The stars at night, are big and bright, deep in the heart of...

TEXAS!

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Old 07-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #23
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

TEXAS!!!

During practice as your player earns points toward moving up on the depth chart his attributes also increase. And since you'll probably never practice enough to replace Colt McCoy in your first season your player will then be loaded when hes ready to start as a true Sophmore.

Plus all the rivalries and the tough Big 12 schedule with Olkahoma, Ok State, Nebraska, TAMU, TTU! Its a challange every weekend.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #24
Banned

The night was still young, yet Gary Pickarts had foolishly gone to bed.

It may not have even been past 8 O'clock, yet he needed to empty his mind, clear his troubled thoughts, and start to think about moving on with his life.

He lay on his back, over the covers, hands tucked behind the back of his head, elbows out at his sides like giant elephant ears.

He sighed, and thought what am I going to do?

So many schools to choose from, so little time. Where did he really see himself going to school for his life?

Did a big or little campus really matter to him?

And what of academics. He hadn't the first idea what to major in. If football didn't pan out...

Don't think that, he said to himself, slapping himself gently on the cheek, as if to give himself a warning blow. He shook the disturbing thoughts from his mind, and closed his eyes for a moment.

He heard the fight song from Florida U, Go Gators!

Somehow, however, he didn't particularly fancy seeing himself in those gorgeous blue and orange uniforms, in front of one of collegiate football's toughest crowds, rooting him on...from the bench. With the phenomenal depth they had at quarterback, Gary wasn't so sure he would ever be able to break through as the clear-cut starter.

University of Alabama wasn't a bad choice. But Gary didn't want to go to a place he wasn't too unfamiliar with. The word “Alabama” alone gave Gary the shudders, bringing thoughts of large, inbred-hick farmers to his troubled mind.

Howabout not? The deciding voice said in his head.

He got up from his bed, making his way over towards the desk.

A pile of at least twelve thousand pamphlets, booklets, and magazines, covered every square inch of the desk, so it was almost impossible to see the dark brown mahogany wood that lay underneath.

He took a glance at all of them, spread out vertically along the desk, as if they were playing cards in a person's hand.

None of them really appealed to him.

Save one.

Smack dab in the middle was a tiny, minuscule handbook from the University of Texas.

Now there's a thought... the voice said, now seeming to be slightly agreeable.

He picked the smaller pamphlet up, and read through it.

On the inside back cover was a piece of handwritten information.

In black sharpie marker was a phone number, and underneath, a messily scribbled name.

“COACH MACK BROWN.”

Underneath that, in slightly smaller writing, but with the same amount of untidiness was:

“You can call me anytime.”

Gary glanced at his watch. 9 PM.

Eastern time.

He ran across the hall in the upstairs part of his house, into his mother's bedroom, and picked up the phone.

“...And I tell you, Barbera,” his mother said from the other end of the line. “It's just been so difficult for him, especially when he weighs in his football options. I feel so bad for him sometimes, if only Peter had been there for him earlier, especially before he joined the varsity team.”

“And how are things, with you and Peter?”

“They're going well. He's sweet, remarkably funny, and he's actually a lot smarter than he lets on at first.”

Peter? Coach P? Could it be?

“How's he after hours?” Barbera asked his mother.

Gary slammed the phone shut on the base as hard and fast as he could.

Coach P? With...with his Mom?

Gary thought back to the final few minutes before the championship game, when he had a close moment with Coach P.

“You're like a father to me,” Gary had said.

He felt so stupid! Could it be that Coach had strangely gotten the idea that Gary had given him permission—as well as a request—to date his mother, and actually become his father?”

Unless...unless they were dating beforehand?

No.. Gary thought immediately. One of them would've told me a long time ago, if that was the case. Right?

No voice in his head responded.

Quivering with curiosity (or rage, he couldn't tell which one it really was), he picked up the phone once more.

“I tell you, Barbera,” he heard his mother's voice on the phone still. “He's got great hands.”

Gary slammed the phone down once more, panting heavily.

Wrong time to pick the phone up, Gary,he thought to himself.

He counted a good fifteen seconds before picking the phone up once again.

“That's wonderful to hear, Madeline,” he heard Barbera say from the other line.

“Yeah,” his mother said in response. “It's been going on for a couple of months, although Gary doesn't know. We figured we'd tell him once we were approaching the wedding. He's still been very...particular, and somewhat impartial, towards other men that I've gone out with.”

“Still unable to live without his father, huh?” Barbera asked admonishingly.

“Yeah, it's such a shame. He's such a sweet boy.”

Caught in his ire, he slammed the phone down on the receiver multiple times, until the phone began to break off into bits and chunks. Tears streaming down his face, he ran across the hall, back into his room, slamming the door shut, and buried his face in his pillow, where he left fresh tear stains.

He pulled the covers over his body after shuddering once more with disgust, and sleep finally found him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »