Home

The Black Knights and Beyond - NCAA 09

This is a discussion on The Black Knights and Beyond - NCAA 09 within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 03:16 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: The Black Knights and Beyond - NCAA 09

Clutch... Army Defies The Odds - Beats #23 A&M at Kyle Field
17 (4-1)
13 (3-1)

Texas (AP) - Sure, it should have been an easy pick - Texas A&M was 3-0 and ranked #23 in the country. Then again, Army has been turning heads almost every week. Today may have brought some of the non-believers around.

Army's first score was on defense as their big OLB Jon Cohen leaped out of a diving tackle and scored.

Army led the game 14-13 at halftime as Wesley McMahand scored at the end of the half - a proper celebration after missing 3 games.

The Black Knights were able to kick a field goal in the 3rd quarter to go up 17-13.

Finally, Stephen McGee led the Aggies down the field with 1:45 left in the 4th quarter. With the ball on the Army 6 yard line McGee threw a pass that was picked off in the endzone by Lowell Garthwaite.

A&M was able to hold the Black Knights on their own 5 yard line after a holding call pinned Army into a 3rd and 20 situation with 56 seconds left. On one of his best throws of the season, Chip Bowden connected with Mike Wright for a 40 yard play that sealed the Army victory!

NEXT GAME -
#22 Cincinnati (2-1)

Last edited by marktg30; 08-11-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:03 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: The Black Knights and Beyond - NCAA 09

Coach Martin Interviewed In ESPN The Magazine

Q - Your decision to take the coaching position at Army was a bit of a surprise to most of the nation with so many other schools making offers. Did you ever consider a different school?

Martin - You know, Army just came across as a great place to begin my college coaching career. A school with so much history and tradition gives you chills every time you walk out onto the field. Don't forget, these young men will be serving their country in a few years too!

Q - Army is rated 64 out of 100 according to EA Sports, what do you think about that?

Martin - Well (laughs), we are 4-1 right now with a couple big wins over some damn good teams in Texas A&M and Maryland. As far as the ratings go, they can play their game
and we will play ours.

Q- Your team is an Independent School without membership in any conference, do you see the Black Knights joining a conference in the near future?

Martin - To be honest with you, I really don't know. We are able to schedule almost any team in the country because of our independent status. I guess a lot of things would have to make sense in order for us to do such a thing. Our team would need to develop into a more skilled group of players, our recruiting will need to pick up and we will need to put together quite a few winning seasons. There is more to it than some people think.

Q - If you keep winning and turn this program around, will you consider any job offers that come your way?

Martin - Any offers I receive will be an honor, but at this point I am dedicated to this program. My system seems to be taking hold quickly here.

Q - If you had to pick your three ideal coaching jobs, where would they be?

Martin - Wow...
  1. Army
  2. Army
  3. Army
(Laughs), We will cross that bridge when we come to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »