Home

Hammertime! Connor Davies, a Outside Linebackers Perspective

This is a discussion on Hammertime! Connor Davies, a Outside Linebackers Perspective within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 11:35 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: Hammertime! Connor Davies, a Outside Linebackers Perspective

What's a Chippewa? August 29, 2010 - 1:03pm Posted by AllstarMe

Who cares? I think it's native american for crappy. Anyway, our offense started really slow. In fact the defense scored a touchdown before they did, and we scored ours late in the first half, but they really did come alive in the second half. Guys like Tyrod Taylor are going but we do have a lot of weapons still.

Something about playing in the rain just isn't for me, a lot of guys like it but give me 70 degrees and sunny any day of the week.
#5 38

3 Tackles
2 Tackles for Loss
1 Sack

I won't blame the weather for this crappy start, but I will not allow myself to get into a sophomore slump. I'm one of the leaders on this defense, and I need to do that...lead. By example preferably. Hopefully I get it all worked out by the time the real opponents start coming to town.

-Later
Old 08-11-2009, 11:36 PM   #74
Banned

daviesontwitter 9.1.10 6:55am

I don't think I've ever been up this early. Working out before class.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:52 PM   #75
Banned

Lane Stadium September 5, 2010 - 1:03pm Posted by AllstarMe

I absolutely love playing in Lane Stadium. I know I've played in a lot of places, but it's just such a fun place to play. It's quite possibly the loudest place I've ever been in my life, and I thank god that it's my home stadium.

What's with the rain honestly? I hope it stops raining at games because there is almost nothing worse then just being soaked and miserable all game. It's the beginning of September, but it was like 55 and rainy today.

Western Michigan really came to play today. That kid they have in the backfield is one of the best backs I've played against so far in college. They tied it up on us with like 1:30 left, but the offense did great and marched it down the field for a short field goal to win it. It would have been pretty crappy to lose to Western Michigan...at home...this early in the season.
#5 27

7 Tackles
3 Tackles for Loss
2 Sacks

This was my first multi-sack game since last year. I nearly had a few more, but it just seemed every time I was called to blitz there was a lane to the quarterback open for me. Like a highway with my name on it.

-Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #76
Banned

daviesontwitter 9.6.10 7:33am

Looking forward to Georgia Tech this week. Should be good like last year.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:13 AM   #77
Banned

Stung September 12, 2010 - 11:31am Posted by AllstarMe

It was finally sunny. Could actually wear the visor out there yesterday. It felt good to not have to worry about the weather and just focus on the game plan. Apparently our offense didn't take the same advice.

They had trouble moving the ball all day. Worst part was the interception return for a touchdown with 30 seconds remaining. We were moving down the field to set up the game winning field goal...BAM pick six. It was heartbreaking. It's early in the season, but it's going to be hard to win the ACC or play for the National Championship after this game.
#4 10
#10 17

13 Tackles
3 Tackles for Loss

I more then doubled my tackles for the season, but I feel like I could have done more. It just sucks losing to a team we beat so easily last year. If Ty and them were here we would have won by 30.

-Later
Old 08-12-2009, 12:15 AM   #78
Banned

daviesontwitter 9.15.10 12:22pm

Putting the past behind us. ECU this week.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #79
Banned

Something I've Really Begun to Dislike September 19, 2010 - 2:19pm Posted by AllstarMe

Decided to spend most of today studying since I haven't been doing much of that lately. I really want to stay on the Academic All-American team this year, so ya know...gotta keep doing stuff I hate to do it.

So the game yesterday. What to say, what to say. We went up 28-7, only to have ECU storm back and nearly take the game from us. They barely ran the ball, and threw so many incompletions it was really hard to actually make tackles. Cris Hill led the team with 7, but I had the second most with 4.

I hate passing teams, ruins my statistics. Our statistics I should say.
#11 28

4 Tackles
1 Pass Defended

I did what I could, I played positionally against the pass, and they only completed one on me. Not much more I could have done.

-Later
Old 08-12-2009, 01:40 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 1

have any personal goals for the season?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »