Home

Last Time I Promise- A Vikings Franchise

This is a discussion on Last Time I Promise- A Vikings Franchise within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2009, 02:12 AM   #33
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Last Time I Promise- A Vikings Franchise

Not here, it's only 11:11 p.m. :P Anyways cool. Hopefully Favre won't be throwing too many INT's haha. If you don't mind, could you tell us the top 5 or 10 rookies coming out? I just want to see what class you got.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:22 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
Not here, it's only 11:11 p.m. :P Anyways cool. Hopefully Favre won't be throwing too many INT's haha. If you don't mind, could you tell us the top 5 or 10 rookies coming out? I just want to see what class you got.
No prob. I might even make an article about it. Just no spoilers please on the class. I havent done a single draft yet.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:26 AM   #35
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

Okay I won't tell you anything about the draft. I'll have to keep my mouth shut if you get one that I know well haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 02:50 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 7

cant wait til later
Old 08-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #37
Rookie

was this discontinued????? (please say no)
Old 09-01-2009, 11:53 AM   #38
Banned

Dont worry man. It hasnt been discontinued. Ive been slammed on my time lately, with work, school, pregnant wife in third trimester and other things. Its my day off today so I am going to get the Cleveland game in tonight. Oh yea, Im getting a new TV tonight too.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:09 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
Im getting a new TV tonight too.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:50 AM   #40
Banned

MINNESOTA VIKINGS (0-0) CLEVELAND BROWNS (0-0)

Well Viking fans, you don't have to wait too much longer for the 2009-2010 season to get underway. This Sunday will feature the first game of the Vikings season, when they travel to Cleveland to take on the Browns in the Dawg Pound.

The Viking's preseason was pretty abysmal, going winless in four games. But Coach Childress insists that the team will be ready for the season opener, and that preseason means nothing.

Coach Childress-"I have already stated that nobody gets a trophy for the best preseason record. We don't even run a quarter of our playbook and we do not gameplan whatsoever either. Believe me when I say that this team will be ready for the season opener."

We will get our first chance to see if 40 year old quarterback Brett Favre has still got some left in the tank to lead the Vikings to the superbowl. Favre has shown at least that he has fully recovered from shoulder surgery in the preseaon passes, firing passes with some high velocity.

Brett Favre-"I feel good. The guys have been real supportive here and believe me when I say this, this football team is ready to play. The receivers and I, I feel, are on the same page now and Adrian is as good as I have ever seen him."

Favre's talking about Pro Bowler Adrian Peterson, who rushed for 1,760 yards and ten touchdowns last year, pretty much shouldering the Viking's offense for the season. With Favre taking the snaps now, the Vikings look like they have found the missing piece to their puzzle.

On the other side of the field, are the Cleveland Browns now under the coaching of former Jet's coach Eric Mangini. The quarterback spot was the question mark as well coming in, with Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson competing with one another in preseason play. Mangini named Quinn the starter yesterday, giving the reigns to a guy that has only thrown for 563 yards and two touchdowns in his career, along with two interceptions to go along with it. Quinn has shown inconsistency through his brief career, with hints of brilliance to go along with it. The offense however is in a state of flux, especially at receiver. Where tightend Kellen Winslow (traded to Tampa Bay) and wide receiver Donte Stallworth (suspended) are Steve Heiden and Brian Robiske, who doesn't bring to the table the level of talent and consistency.

Behind Quinn will be the aging but dangerous Jamal Lewis. Lewis is coming off an down year, rushing for 1,002 yards and only four rushing touchdowns after rushing for over 1,300 yards and nine touchdowns the year before. Lewis is out to prove that last year was just a fluke.

Jamal Lewis-"I feel good this year and I am ready to go. Last year I don't think this team was ready to be called a contender after going 10-6 the year before. This year I feel that this is a better football team. We have a great coach, and great coordinators, and we are ready to go. They will need to be with an incredible rushing defense with the Pat and Kevin Williams anchoring the line.

INJURIES

MINNESOTA- RG #79 Artis Hicks (Partial MCL Tear) 2 Weeks; RG #64 Anthony Herrera (Herniated Disk) 9 Weeks

CLEVELAND- TE #84 Robert Royal (Torn Tricep) Season; RG #75 Floyd Womack (Dislocated Elbow) 2 Weeks; HB #35 Jerome Harrison (Meniscus Tear) 2 Weeks

Last edited by hatisback; 09-04-2009 at 11:41 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »