Home

Los Angeles Sharks dynasty

This is a discussion on Los Angeles Sharks dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Los Angeles Sharks dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drago
this is not bad. i really like it. hope to see more. also ummm can you take a good pix of there jerseys cuz i wanna make this team
Thanks for the compliments. I would be cool with posting jersey specs if you want to see them, it would probably be easier haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #26
Pro

Sharks Struggles Continue in Loss to Chargers

(Sunday, October 31st, 2010) Los Angeles Stadium; Los Angeles, CA: The Los Angeles Sharks dropped their third straight game on Halloween Sunday, losing to the Chargers at home 31-10. During the course of the game, the defense go beat up and down the field, allowing the 31 points by the Chargers through 3 quarters before new Chargers coach Jim Haslett put his team on vanilla cruise control for the remainder of the contest. On offense the Sharks struggled, as was expected with Quarterback Kellen Clemens getting his first start of the season due to the recent season ending injury to normal starter Chris Simms. "It was a tough game for us all around" said Coach Dean Pees after the loss, "You never want to get beat like that at home, and we just did two weeks in a row. I thought our defense was looking pretty good for a few weeks there, but we seem to have taken a step back now and as a coaching staff it is our job to figure out why. I will have to look at the tape, but I know we need to work on getting to the quarterback and keeping contain and getting downhill on the running plays."

Can't Miss Play: Tomlinson 35 yard run

The Sharks unveiled their newest offensive wrinkle on Sunday, an ultra-conservative 3-pronged rushing attack that featured Danny Ware and Markus Brooks sharing most of the rushing load, grinding and pounding inside for a majority of the game, and the more agile Tyrell Sutton catching screen passes and short outs, with the occasional outside toss or delayed handoff out of spread sets. The Sharks offensive game plan also featured the tight ends catching their highest total of passes of the season so far, with starter Steven Spach and rookie Dante Vincent combining for 5 catches for 65 yards. The catch total is even more if you consider that Clemens completed 17 passes for the game, 5 of which went to the tight ends and of which were caught by Sutton. The short passing game that the Sharks employed was no doubt executed in order to keep Clemens from getting too confused reading the defenses, especially due to his lack of practice with the first team, and also to cut down on sacks. In the second phase at least, the plan worked, as the Sharks allowed just one sack…their lowest total of the season.

On defense the Sharks were pushed back in a harrowing way all game long, allowing the Chargers to gain nearly 400 yards of offense throughout the game, including 178 yards on the ground. They also failed to get off of the field on third downs, alway the mark of success on defense, letting the Chargers achieve a lofty 7-12 on third downs by the end of the game. LA also failed to gain a turnover for the fourth time this season, and failed to gain a tackle for a loss for the first time in 2010. "Our guys had to face a real tough offensive team today, and they failed to meet the challenge" said the Coach on Sunday, "We have some proud vets out there who are upset with the way they have played over the last few weeks, you gotta believe that they are looking to rectify that in the coming weeks. We are looking to get back to work on Tuesday, employ our next game plan and hope for a better showing coming up next week. But I know this: I am positive that these vets on defense will be playing with some real pride. They know what it is they can do."

Game Statistics:

Passing Leaders:

Phillip Rivers (SD): 10/12, 202 yards, 1 touchdown
Kellen Clemens (LA): 17/30, 153 yards

Rushing Leaders:

LaDanian Tomlinson (SD): 15 attempts, 101 yards, 2 touchdowns
Markus Brooks (LA): 12 attempts, 50 yards, 1 touchdown

Receiving Leaders:

Vincent Jackson (SD): 3 receptions, 79 yards
Antonio Gates (SD): 3 receptions, 53 yards, 1 touchdown

Stephen Spach (LA): 4 receptions, 52 yards
Tyrell Sutton (LA): 6 receptions, 22 yards

Defensive Leaders:

De'Anthony Williams (SD): 7 tackles, 1 TFL
Larry Foote (LA): 9 tackles

Sacks: SD: Larry English (2)
Intereceptons:
Forced Fumbles:

Kicking:

Nate Kaeding (SD): 1/1 (23)
Brenden Gentry (LA): 1/1 (32)

Punting:

Mike Scifres (SD): 3 punts, 47.3 AVG
Daniel Sepulveda (LA): 3 punts, 43.6 AVG, 1 inside 20
Old 10-16-2009, 02:13 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantism
Thanks for the compliments. I would be cool with posting jersey specs if you want to see them, it would probably be easier haha.
its evein better
Old 10-16-2009, 11:56 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 36

Love this thread so far. The real thing I love is the realistic players on your expansion team. No stars just crappy players. Have fun rebuilding them.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
Love this thread so far. The real thing I love is the realistic players on your expansion team. No stars just crappy players. Have fun rebuilding them.
Larry Foote and Kellen Clemens are kind of stars
Old 10-19-2009, 12:31 PM   #30
Pro

Sharks lose to Cardinals, fall to 2-6

(Sunday, November 7th, 2010) University of Phoenix Stadium; Glendale, Arizona: The Sharks came to Arizona to play and out forth a strong showing but fell short in the end, dropping their fourth straight to the Cardinals by a score of 22-14. In the game, the Sharks, and particularly starting halfback Danny Ware, looked stronger running the football then they have all season long. By the end of the game the Sharks had totaled 173 yards rushing, 95 of which were attributed to Ware, and the Sharks came within one fourth down conversion with about one minute left of having a real shot to tie the game. "Some games you do what you can out there and just fall short" said Coach Dean Pees after the game, "I thought that our guys gave a strong effort out there. The defense got out and made some big stops when it counted, and our group of backs ran well today, I thought. Hopefully we can take the positives from this performance and carry them over to next week".

Can't Miss Play: Danny Ware 18 Yard Touchdown

In spite of their success in the running game, the passing game led by spot starter Kellen Clemens was woefully unimpressive. Clemens completed just 38% of his passes and was sacked three times in just 21 drop backs. He also threw three interceptions with no touchdowns, making his total 5 interceptions with no touchdowns in 11 quarters so far this season after he replaced injured starter Chris Simms. "You can't make excuses for a game like this" said Clemens, "You know, you gotta go out there and just keep trying, keep trying to build a connection with the guys catching the ball, start getting used to this offense, and even though it's tough you can't keep using those things as excuses. All I got to do is go back to work and practice harder and play better". The Sharks had no receiver with more then one catch, and even before Simms went down, L.A. was missing their number one receiver Chris Henry. It becomes more and more clear with each game that it is a glaring need to have somebody step up and make plays in the passing game when it counts if the Sharks want to win some more games this season.

On defense the Sharks covered up their deficiencies in pass defense with some tight coverage and shut down play every time the Cardinals passed into their territory on Sunday. After a scoreless first quarter, the Sharks defense gave up 62 yard touchdown on a catch and run by Steve Breaston on a blown coverage and missed tackles. After that, however, though Kurt Warner consistently was able to connect with his formidable arsenal for the remainder of the game, the Sharks were able to hold the Cardinals to only field goals for the rest of the game even though they were often caught with a short field. "We need to see improvement in the pass rush" said Coach Pees, "You can't play a veteran offense like we did today and not apply pressure and expect to win". Cornerback Tramon Williams was an exception in passing coverage, however, and even though his assignment for a majority of the game was to cover all-pro Larry Fitzgerald he allowed only two catches and nabbed this third interception in as many games midway through the third quarter.

Game Statistics:

Passing Leaders:

Kellen Clemens (LA): 7/18, 81 yards, 3 interceptions
Kurt Warner (ARI): 21/34, 269 yards, 1 touchdown, 2 interceptions

Rushing Leaders:

Danny Ware (LA): 19 attempts, 95 yards, 2 touchdowns
Tim Hightower (ARI): 15 attempts, 71 yards

Receiving Leaders:

Arnaz Battle (LA): 1 reception, 20 yards
Mark Bradley (LA): 1 reception, 20 yards

Larry Fitzgerald (ARI): 6 receptions, 70 yards
Steve Breaston (ARI): 3 receptions, 60 yards, 1 touchdown

Defensive Leaders:

Larry Foote (LA): 6 tackles, 2 TFL
Darnell Dockett (ARI): 10 tackles, 2 TFL, 2 Sacks

Sacks: ARI: Darnell Dockett, 2 (8) Eric Foster (4)
Interceptions: LA: Tramon Williams (3) Mario Haggan (1), ARI: Antrel Rolle, 2 (3) Adrian Wilson (3)
Forced Fumbles: ARI: Eric Foster (1)

Kicking:

Brenden Gentry (LA): 0/1
Neil Rackers (ARI): 5/6 (23, 25, 18, 46, 53)

Punting:

Daniel Sepulveda (LA): 5 punts, 45.4 AVG, 2 inside 20
Brett Kern (ARI): 3 punts, 46.3 AVG
Old 10-19-2009, 12:34 PM   #31
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
Thanks man. Yeah one of the coolest things that I noticed is that with the sliders that I am using and the coach setting and controlling all 32 teams and such, I am getting some really realistic results. I don't think I have ever had more fun with a franchise before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #32
Pro

Defense Shines as Sharks rout Redskins

(Sunday, November 14th, 2010) FedEx Field; Landover, Maryland: The Los Angeles Sharks were able to shake off a 4 game skid on Sunday, as the team was able to rise to the challenge at Washington to defeat the Redskins 24-6. The game seemed to be in the Sharks control from the first series, a series which set the tone for the entire game with a dominant defensive push. The intimidating message was obviously heard by the Kyle Orton led Redskins, and the Sharks were able to fly to the ball, get downhill in the running game and force 4 turnovers. "I am proud of the way that our defense played today" said Coach Dean Pees, "Those guys really came together and put forth a strong performance. I it was great to see the younger guys contributing, and the veterans really did their part, especially Larry [Foote]. I think that we still need to improve, but I think we took a major step in the right direction this afternoon".

The offense stayed fairly stagnant against a stout Redskins defense, despite the uplifting progress on the other side of the ball. Quarterback Kellen Clemens still isn't being asked to lead the team, and the Sharks ran the ball a staggering 49 times, compared to just 18 pass attempts by Clemens. The running game, however, met a brick wall more often then not, and the large number of running attempts cannot be attributed to a high success rate so much as a tough-nosed "grind it out" mentality brought on by offensive coordinator Tom Rathman. It is a strategy that works as long as you have a tough showing by the defensive team, which was the difference between the Sharks loss to the Cardinals last week and a fairly easy victory for the Sharks against Washington this week. It seems that such a plan of attack best suits Clemens, however, and asking the Quarterback to simply manage the game and not try to press downfield or do too much worked to cut down on turnovers Sunday (1 fumble lost by Danny Ware and no interceptions).

Can't Miss Play: Ware for the hat trick

On defense the star of the game was without a doubt rookie FS Taylor Bernard, who came into his own on Sunday forcing two turnovers and flying to the ball carrier in both pass and run defense. When all was said and done the Sharks had picked off Orton 4 times, including one amazing interception made by utility defensive lineman Fred Hurd, who caught the ball off of a deflection by blitzing LB Larry Foote to seal the deal with just over one minute in the fourth quarter. The Sharks also held the Redskins to just 77 rushing yards on 26 attempts, and they had a shut out going until Kyle Orten connected with receiver Santana Moss on a streak play to set up a 7 yard touchdown pass to Malcom Kelly with 1:22 left on the game clock. The near-shutout effort included a tough four down goal line stand inside of the 5 by the Sharks, where a touchdown saving tackle was made by safety Clinton Hart on fourth down. "You really get excited after a game like this" said Hart following the game, "You really do start to feel like you can go out and take down anybody in the league. We have a very good mix of young guys and older guys here, I like this defense. I think we can do great things".

Game Statistics:

Passing Leaders:

Kellen Clemens (LA): 6/13, 65 yards
Kyle Orton (WAS): 14/34, 209 yards, 1 touchdown, 4 interceptions

Rushing Statistics:

Danny Ware (LA): 26 attempts, 96 yards, 3 touchdowns
Clinton Portis (WAS): 18 attempts, 61 yards

Receiving Leaders:

T.J. Hurley (LA): 2 receptions 15 yards
Markus Brooks (LA): 1 reception, 15 yards

Santana Moss (WAS): 3 receptions, 74 yards
Antwaan Randle El (WAS): 3 receptions, 58 yards

Defensive Leaders:

Taylor Bernard (LA): 8 tackles, 1 interception, 1 forced fumble
Rocky McIntosh (WAS): 12 tackles, 3 TFL, 1 forced fumble

Sacks: LA: Leon Williams (1)
Interceptions: LA: Fred Hurd (1) Stanford Routt (1), Taylor Bernard (1), Clinton Hart (1)
Forced Fumbles: LA: Taylor Bernard (1), WAS: Brian Orakpo (1) Cornelius Griffin (2) Rocky McIntosh (2)

Kicking:

Brenden Gentry (LA): 1/1 (38)
Garrett Hartley (WAS): 0/0

Punting:

Daniel Sepulveda (LA): 8 punts, 37.3 AVG, 6 inside 20, 1 touchback
Hunter Smith (WAS): 5 punts, 40.6 AVG, 1 inside 20

Last edited by tarantism; 10-19-2009 at 04:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »