Home

Wenkinator's TCU Horned Frogs!

This is a discussion on Wenkinator's TCU Horned Frogs! within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
Rookie

Wenkinator's Arena

OVR: 4
Wenkinator's TCU Horned Frogs!

Wenkinator's TCU Horned Frogs

Sliders: OS Legends Heisman Sliders (anything AA is no challenge)
8 minute Quarters

This is a story... A work of fiction. Sit back and enjoy it. I'm hoping to implement a couple of stories from the HC point of view, as well as news reports, tv/radio interviews etc.

I'm not sure how to post screenshots or videos. Please send me a PM about this if I go on for a post or two and haven't gotten it down right. lol

Head Coach - Malachi Andrews
Coach Bio: Was a high school coach for 4 years before landing a job as linebackers coach of TCU, his alma mater. He is one of the up and coming coaching stars, and he is only 38 years old. His emphasis on a strong defense and ball control offense is exactly what the TCU Athletic Department felt they needed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #2
Rookie

Wenkinator's Arena

Re: Wenkinator's TCU Horned Frogs!

2009-2010 Schedule

Week 1: Bye

Week 2: @ Viginia - If the Horned Frogs execute, TCU fans can expect a W to start their season. Our Pick: TCU

Week 3: Arizona State - Coming into town will be a team that is looking to replace Rudy Carpenter. With this game coming so early in the season, TCU could take advantage of a QB that isn't quite comfortable with the starting job just yet. Our Pick: TCU

Week 4: @ Clemson - This game will let us know if TCU is the real deal or not. Clemson is coming off of a disappointing season, but Spiller is a dangerous weapon on both offense and special teams. The key to this match up is containing Spiller. We don't see that happening. Our Pick: Clemson

Week 5: SMU - We expect SMU to put up good numbers in the air. However, Coach Andrews is confident in his ability to stop pass happy offenses. How? Bring the blitz, and run the ball. Our Pick: TCU

Week 6: @ Air Force - We'll see what happens here. If TCU is playing up to their ability we expect them to win this match up. Our Pick: TCU

Week 7: Colorado State - TCU is a more talented team. We'll take them. Our Pick: TCU

Week 8: @ #17 BYU - Will the preseason hype of BYU matter by week 8? Maybe. Maybe not. Will TCU be able to win games on the road? It is tough to answer all of these quesetions in preseason. We'll buy the BYU hype. Our Pick: BYU

Week 9: UNLV - A game where TCU's backups might get a chance to shine. Our Pick: TCU

Week 10: @ San Diego State - See UNLV. Our Pick: TCU

Week 11: #24 Utah - After Utah played last season you have to wonder if they'll repeat their success. We can't expect TCU to go undefeated at home can we? Our Pick: Utah

Week 12: @ Wyoming - See UNLV. Our Pick: TCU

Week 13: New Mexico - This game might be dangerous. TCU should be thinking Bowl Game, and with so many consecutive games, they might be a bit worn down. We'll see. We give TCU the advantage just because they are at home, but don't say we didn't warn you if they put another L into the column. Our Pick: TCU

Week 14: Open
Old 10-02-2009, 06:25 PM   #3
Rookie

Wenkinator's Arena

Position Breakdown
(offense)
Bold = Starter
Red = Redshirt

• Quarterback
    - Andy Dalton JR(RS) - The undisputed starter. He is a leader of this football team, and should have a good year.
    - Marcus Jackson SR(RS) - Will provide Coach Andrews a feeling of relief in case Dalton goes down. he is the most mobile of the quarterbacks on the roster so you may see him in for some packages if TCU decides to get creative.
    - Casey Pachall FR - The true freshman has the strongest arm out of the group. His accuracy is on par with Jackson and Gallegos. The problem is that he is young and inexperienced. He'll take the redshirt this season, but don't expect him to be sitting long.
    - Yogi Gallegos FR(RS) - Hey Boo Boo... Sorry. Lame joke. Yogi may want to consider transferring at the end of this season. Rumor has it TCU is looking for another Qb, and it looks like unless Pachall shows nothing over the next year, Gallegos will be a lifetime backup.
  • Halfback
    - Joseph Turner SR(RS) - JT won the starting spot in camp. He will have to perform well to keep it. He has the ability to make plays, and that is exactly what TCU's offense will need.
    - Ryan Christian SR(RS) - The Team Captain. RC will be the 3rd down back for TCU. He can catch out of the backfield like some of the best running backs in the country. Look for him and JT to split time this year. We could see him with over 1000 yards total offense.
    - Jai Cavness SO(RS) - This speedster may have to sit behind the two talented vets for another year. He could also be thrown in a for a couple of plays a game to be a change of pace back. He's a burner. We could see him line up at WR to create a spark.
    - Matthew Tucker FR - This true freshman will be redshirted his first year, but not for lack of talent. TCU is deep at running back. His time will come.
    - Ed Wesley FR(RS) - The last back on the depth chart. He may get some time during the 4th quarter. Expect him to ride the pine throughout most of the season however.
  • Fullbacks
    - Chris Smith SR(RS) - Though Shivers has more upside, Smith is the better goal line runner. Not much else to say.
    - Luke Shivers SO(RS) - He'll be the starter next year... He's a good kid that won't see a lot of time except for maybe special teams this season.
  • Wide Receivers
    - Jimmy Young JR(RS) - The speedster. He is a great route runner, and has some electrifying moves. Look for him to make an impact as a returner. He'll be the number 1 receiver for Dalton to throw to.
    - Jeremy Kerley JR - A versatile player. Has the best hands on the team, and he can throw the football. Very fast as well. Ran a high 4.3 in camp. Both him and Young will be tough to defend.
    - Bart Johnson JR(RS) - A solid possession receiver. He'll be playing the slot. Not the fastest. More like an undersized receiving tight end. Runs greats routes, has great hands, and he can catch in traffic. Don't expect him to be making 80 yard TD receptions though.
    - Antoine Hicks S0 - All the depth at WR has Hicks redshirted this season.
    - Josh Boyce FR - Boyce will be redshirted his first year. Coaches love his upside. They see him as a future number 2 receiver. For now, we have to wait to see what happens.

- Jonathan Jones JR(RS) - At 6'4" JJ is the tallest receiver on the team. He could be a huge redzone threat. He will be the number 4 receiver primarily, but don't be surprised if he comes in as the X receiver for throws to the endzone.
    - Curtis Clay JR(RS) - Curtis will be a reserve primarily unless there is an injury. He may be used on special teams as well. Don't expect him to make a big impact this year.
    - Garrett Winsett SO(RS) - Undersized and slow. TCU is hunting for receivers to turn around the bottom of the roster. We hate to say it, but I'd think GW will be gone next season.
    - Patrick McDonald FR(RS) - Good size but no speed. He's another player that will not make an impact, and should be out of here by next season, unless he gets his feet out of molasses.
    - Skye Dawson FR - The coaching staff thinks the Skye is the limit for this freshman. However, the solid depth at the first 4 positions on the depth chart leave Skye grounded... Redshirt.
  • Tight Ends
    - Logan Brock SO(RS) -Logan is the most solid tight end of the trio. He also has the best size. We'll see what he can do.
    - Walker Dille SO - Redshirted. He's built like a WR. He's just really slow and eligible for a redshirt. Coach Andrews seems to be taking advantage of that.
    - Evan Frosch JR(RS) - The JR will be second on the depth chart. He is definitely a step below the other two, and this should be his last year getting significant play time unless he proves he can outplay Dille when he gets back from his RS.
  • Tackles
    - Marshall Newhouse SR -The big guy will start as the LT. Could be a late round NFL draft pick next year. Solid player that can do it all. Expect him to be mauling Defensive Linemen all season.
    - Nic Richmond SR(RS) - The giant will be a solid backup at the LT position.
    - Marcus Cannon JR(RS) - A great run blocker. His skills aren't as refined as line mate Newhouse. He'll be depended on to hold up the right side of the line.
    - Jeff Olson SO(RS) - Maybe one day he'll get to start. We project him to be a serviceable backup his senior year though.
    - John Woolridge FR - May be considered undersized under the new coaching regime. I don't see him getting the boot after this season, but if he doesn't bulk up he'll be gone before his JR year.
  • Guards
    - Kyle Dooley SO(RS)
    - The best interior lineman. Will start as the LG. The fact he is a SO makes it more exciting. He should become dominant over the next couple of years. Hopefully TCU doesn't have to suffer much from growing pains.
    - Justin Trejo FR(RS) - If he works on his upper body strength he'll be the starting RG next year. Until then he'll be 2nd string.
    - Zach Roth JR(RS) - The behemoth keeps his starting spot at RG. But he'll have to perform well to keep it.
    - Tyler Marrou SR(RS) - will be a candidate for starting RG if Zach Roth doesn't take care of business.
  • Centers
    - Jake Kirkpatrick JR(RS) - He is by far the best option at Center for the Horned Frogs. The success of the middle of this line will be based on his abilities to keep DTs from stopping up the middle.
    - Spencer Thompson SO(RS) - A serviceable back up, but TCU doesn't want Kirkpatrick to go down. The drop off would be pretty noticeable.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:07 PM   #4
Rookie

Wenkinator's Arena

Position Breakdown
(defense)

• Defensive End
    - Jerry Hughes SR - Captain of the Defense. An All American Jerry Hughes is by far the anchor of this defense. Will start as the LE.
    - Clarence Leatch JR(RS) - If TCU loses Hughes for any amount of time they will be in trouble. Leatch won't be able to put up the production. But who can really math up with the future pro?
    - Braylon Broughton SO(RS) - He will be awarded the start at RE for now. If he fails to produce, expect him to be a situational pass rusher for the remainder of the year.
    - Wayne Daniels JR(RS) - Almost won the starting position from Broughton. A sprained ankle in the offseason nagged him through camp. He may be able to become the starter if he shows his worth when he subs in for Broughton.
  • Defensive Tackles
    - Kelly Griffin JR - The most talented of the DTs. His ability to destroy the pocket will be key against some of these pass happy opponents.
    - Jeremy Grant SO - Redshirted. He is extremely talented, but Coach Andrews would like him to progress a bit further with his technique before he hits the field.
    - Cory Grant JR(RS) - The reason Jeremy Grant was RS. Cory can clog the middle. His amazing strength and ability to force his way into the backfield should help Griffin avoid some double teams.
    - Henry Niutei JR(RS) - The fastest of the DTs. He is athletic but not all of the tools are in the box. He struggles to rush the passer which is what TCU needs.
    - Stansly Maponga FR(RS) - An undersized DT. If he puts on the pounds he may one day start for this team.
  • Outside Linebackers
    - Daryl Washington SR - A broken collarbone in a car accident over the summer has led to a redshirt for Mr. Washington. Buckle up kids.
    - Kris Gardner SO(RS) - Will be the primary depth for the OLB position since everyone else has been redshirted. Expect him to get a little bit of time on the field this year.
    - Justin Isadore FR - Just seems to be depth at this point. Well he will be next season. Like all the other true freshman he is redshirted.
    - Corderra Hunter SR(RS) - Lightning fast. He would play safety for any other team. Expect him to have a great year.
    - Kenny Cain FR - One of the more talented true freshman. Coach Andrews seems to have something against them. He is faster than some WRs in the NCAA and he'll be starting next season. No worries.
  • Middle Linebacker
    - Tank Carder SO(RS) - The coaching staff loves him. The media loves the name. He will be known by many by the end of the season. Bank on it.
    - Tanner Brock FR - Like every other freshman... he finds himself with a redshirt.
  • Cornerbacks
    - Rafael Priest SR(RS) - A great corner. The leader of this group. He'll be on the oppositions best receivers and picking QBs from the Left Side of the Defense.
    - Nick Sanders SR(RS) - This kid has the ability to break receivers in half. He has so much confidence and great intangibles. We should see him on the field all season long making huge plays.
    - Greg McCoy SO(RS) - Will play the nickle corner position. He's good. And he'll be getting primed to start next season.
    - Alex Ibiloye JR(RS) - The dime corner. He'll start next year for sure. This year will just be about refining his abilities.
    - Evan Kern SO - Redshirted due to all of the depth.
    - Jason Teague SO(RS) - George Teague's boy will be a special teamer this year and may do a bit on special teams.
    - Brian Venson FR - Reshirted due to so much depth.
    - Michael Venson FR - Redshirted due to so much depth.
  • Free Safety
    - Tejay Johnson JR - The starting FS will hold onto his position this year... We'll see what Malcom Williams and Johnny Fobbs can do in the offseason.
    - Malcom Williams JR(RS) - Just got beat out as the starter but he'll get plenty of playing time.
    - Johnny Fobbs - Will compete with Malcom for the 2nd string FS position all season long. We'll see what happens.
  • Strong Safety
    - Sir Demarco Bledsoe SO(RS) - Rangy safety. He'll be valuable to this teams success. Definitely a lot of upside with this kid.
    - Colin Jones JR(RS) - Solid depth. Will be number 2 on the roster.
    - Jurell Thomson FR - Guess what? Redshirted.
    - Trenton Thomas FR - I don't need to say it do I?
  • Special Teamers
    - Ross Evans SO - The starting kicker. He has a strong leg. Should help TCU win the close ones.
    - Anson Kelton SO(RS) - A solid punter. Coach Andrews emphasizes that field position is key. He has a big job.
    - Jimmy Young JR(RS) - He will handle KR and PR duties. Expect him to have some good returns.
    - Jai Cavness SO(RS) - Will handle KR duties. He gets to prove his worth this season afterall.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #5
MVP

Hushroom's Arena

OVR: 10

Following
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
Rookie

Wenkinator's Arena

September 10th, 2009

(Coach Andrews does an interview the with campus radio station's sports show to answer questions about the upcoming season)

Student: Hello Coach Andrews, how are you today?
Andrews: We'll I'm doing great. Excited about the new season.
Student: Awesome. Everyone, we're here with the new head coach of our Horned Frogs, Coach Andrews. Sir, what are your expectations this season?
Andrews: I want to win the conference. I want to win the conference big.
Student: A sweep?
Andrews: Yes. I want to sweep this conference. I have confidence in this team. Am I saying we will? No. Am I saying we can? Yes. The BCS won't know what to do with us in December I promise you that.
Student: What is your biggest concern coming into this season?
Andrews: Well we have a great offense. I think it is very underrated. We have a solid secondary and we have play makers on the defensive line. I guess my biggest concern isn't personnel but consistency. If you want to be successful you have to execute consistently.
Student: What player would you say isn't getting a lot of attention on the national stage that should?
Andrews: Well you know I don't really care about the national stage. Remember the media only cares about TTU and Texas. We might as well be the red headed step child (laughs). What I urge our fans to look at is the game changing ability of Jai Cavness. He really came into his own at camp, and I feel like he will have a great year working special teams and coming in on some third downs.
Student: What opponent are you most worried about Coach?
Andrews: Your greatest enemy is yourself. You can tell yourself if you can win or lose before even stepping out on the football field. I want this team to be confident no matter who we face. Hell give us Florida, and we'll fight them 4 quarters like we are in the game. You just need confidence no matter what down, what quarter, what situation. Lack of confidence will lead to lack of execution, which will lead to lack of points on the board, which leads to lack of w's in the win column.
Student: Alright folks. You heard it here first from your best source of TCU sports news. Keep your dial on The Frog!
Old 10-02-2009, 07:23 PM   #7
Rookie

Wenkinator's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyNaStY JOSH
Following
Thanks It is my first attempt after reading 50 others lol. My girl friend is out of town all weekend so I get the chance to play a lot, and take the time to make really detailed posts. I hope you enjoy it.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:48 PM   #8
Rookie

Wenkinator's Arena

2009-2010 TCU Recruitment

Committed = Bold

1. Albert Brown: Tyler, Texas, 3* OT(#17) 6'4" 345 lbs - Coach Andrews said he has been watching this kid since he was a sophomore in high school. When offered a scholarship Brown didn't even hesitate. This monster could be competing for a starting job in camp.
2. Luke Wall: Mercedes, Texas, 2* DE(#83) 6'3" 250 lbs - Does anyone else thing this name is fantastic for a run stopping defensive end?
3. Brian Adams: Rowlett, Texas 3* QB(#15) 6'4" 221 lbs - A scrambler with decent arm strength and accuracy.
4. Mark Ryan: Addison, Texas 3* WR(#60) 6'7" 179 lbs - With that height there is no doubt in our mind why Coach Andrews is targeting this kid.
5. Kyle Huggins: First Colony, Texas 3* CB(#76) 5'10" 166 lbs - This kid could be recruited to replace the bottom of the CB depth chart. Has good speed and good coverage ability.
6. Eric Johnson: Mercedes, Texas 2* MLB(#31) 6'0 224 lbs - Luke Walls teammate. He was captain of the D in his junior year. Has pretty good speed for a MLB.
7. Jason Eaton: Highland Park, Texas 2* DT(#41) 6'3" 324 lbs - It is impossible to overlook a kid this size. Eaton is one of the bigger boys in this recruitment class, and he should be eating (see what I did there) space in the middle if he comes to campus.
8. Joe Robinson: De Queen, Arkansas 2* OG(#63) 6'3" 361 lbs - A huge guard that could turn into a mauler by his junior year.
9. Kirby Young: Cloverleaf, Texas 2* DE(#70) 6'3" 260 lbs - A run stopping defense end. His size and ability to force his way into backfields is highly coveted by the coaching staff.
10. Josh Davis: Highland Park, Texas 2* HB(#81) 6'0" 176 lbs - A speed back. Will probably get the redshirt if he comes to TCU.
11. Bo Everett: Zapata, Texas 2* OG(#99) 6'3" 320 lbs - Possibly better than Mean Joe Robinson. We'll see them compete if they come commit.
12. Nick Brewer: Wharton, Texas 2* FB(#13) 6'2" 270 lbs - A giant fullback. We'll see him lead blocking here eventually... well hopefully.
13. David Skinner: Houston, Texas 2* CB(#155) 6'1" 179 lbs - Speedy corner with solid coverage skills.
14. Travis Charles: Athens, Texas 2* OLB(#119) 6'3" 213 lbs - Not the fastest OLB, but he'll provide depth in the future.
15. James White: Fort Worth, Texas 2* WR(#177) 6'6" 188 lbs - Just like the other receiver on the board... look at that height. The best part: Doesn't take a lot of gas to watch him play since he is about as local as you can get.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »