Home

The Coaching Legacy of Alonso Torres (M10)

This is a discussion on The Coaching Legacy of Alonso Torres (M10) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2009, 11:52 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: The Coaching Legacy of Alonso Torres (M10)

55 38

Tampa Bay Secondary Murdered; Trent Edwards is the suspect

No, Tampa Bay's secondary wasn't actually murdered, but it did seem like it on Sunday afternoon. Not many people would've been surprised if their was a police report filed.

Buffalo had over 500 yards total offensively today in this compelling shootout. Trent Edwards passed for 360 yards and 5 TDs. He connected with Terrell Owens 3 times in the endzone and for 176 yards. Stevie Johnson also had a touchdown for the second straight game. Even Marshawn Lynch decided to join the offensive beatdown. He ran for 143 yards and 2 TDs, breaking tackle after tackle.

Defensively, Buffalo didn't go so well, but it was enough to come out on top. Josh Johnson looked like Joe Montana out there passing for 350 yards and 4 TDs. He found his favorite target Kellen Winslow twice, B.J. Askew once, and Straughter on a deep connection. Cadillac looked solid running for 75 yards and a TD.

Overall, the Bills offense under Torres looks explosive. Their passing attack is one to be feared and Lynch is plowing through defenses. Buffalo moves to 1-1 facing the Saints next week, while Tampa Bay drops to 0-2.

Last edited by RayAllen20; 10-25-2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:09 PM   #10
MVP

Around the NFL

Falcons slip past Panthers
Michael Turner and the Falcons defense win in a struggle 10-6 against their heated rival, the Carolina Panthers. DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart, couldn't find the endzone, and Delhomme threw 3 picks. Both teams are 1-1.

Vikings romp the Lions 44-14
Brett Favre put up numbers Vikings fans wanted to see, dominating the Lions defense. This new was great news, but Adrian Peterson out for the next 3 weeks is not. The Vikings are 1-1, while the Lions are winless.

Packers squeak by Bengals; 27-20
Aaron Rodgers had a great performance against the Orange & Black, with 320 passing yards and 2 TDs. Without many weapons offensively, the Bengals couldn't keep up. The Pack is 2-0, while Cincy is 0-2.

Texans dazzled by Chris Johnson
23 carries, 136 yards, and 3 TDs by Chris Johnson lead the Titans to a close 37-34 victory. The Texans drop to 0-2 as the Titans move to 1-1.

Chiefs blowout their arch Rival 45-14
The Raiders had no answer for Matt Cassel who put up 3 touchdown passes. The Chiefs get their first win of the year, while the Raiders are winless.

Patriots shutdown Jets offense
Mark Sanchez looked like a rookie this Sunday. He threw 2 interceptions, as the Patriots won 24-9. The Jets defense contained Brady, but in the end the Patriots moved to 2-0, while the Jets are at 1-1.

Philly tops the Saints in OT
Drew Brees struggled against the Eagles as he threw 3 interceptions, one that lead to the game-winning field goal in Overtime. Both teams are at 1-1.

Rams shock the Redskins
After a tough loss to the Giants, the 'Skins didn't come prepared and the Rams won 14-9. Jason Campbell threw 3 interceptions and Steven Jackson rushed in 2 touchdowns. The Rams move to 1-1 and Washington is 0-2.

MJD runs all over the Cardinals
The Jaguars beat Arizona 27-20 thanks to Jones-Drew's 2 touchdowns and 107 yards rushing. The Cardinals are now 0-2 while the Jaguars are .500

49ers move to 2-0, down Seahawks
Shaun Hill drove his team downfield and threw the game-winning TD with 30 seconds left to stay undefeated. The Seahawks are now 1-1.

Cutler struggles, Pittsburgh beats Bears
Cutler will have nightmares of this Steeler Defense. He only thre for 160 yards and 2 interceptions. Roethlisberger had no such trouble against the Bears tossing 2 touchdown passes. The Steelers move to 2-0 while the Bears are a dissapointing 0-2.

Chargers win on last second Hail Mary
The game seemed like it would go to OT tied at 14-14. Yet Phillip Rivers found Vincent Jackson in the endzone for a 50 yard TD as time ticked off the clock to beat the Ravens. The Ravens are 1-1 and San Diego is undefeated.

Denver downs the Browns
Derek Anderson found no answers against this Denver defense. He was picked off twice and Kyle Orton lead his team to a 30-13 victory. The Broncos are now 2-0 while the Browns are 1-1.

Giants ruin Texas Stadium Opening
Sorry Jerry Jones, but your Boys couldn't get it done against the Big Blue. The Giants dominated the Cowboys defensively in a 20-13 victory. The Giants are 2-0, Cowboys 1-1

Manning destroys the Dolphins 39-10
Peyton Manning once again dominates a defense, throwing 4 TDs and over 400 yards passing. The Wildcat was shut down also, and the Dolphins are 1-1. The Colts are 2-0.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:53 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 9

All your stuff is really good and detailed and this does not disapoint.

BTW, those helmets are sick!!

R.I.P Paintball BAP and the Mess.
^^^ Check it out for a good read!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kessthemess
All your stuff is really good and detailed and this does not disapoint.

BTW, those helmets are sick!!
Haha thanks man. I got the helmets from an OS member on the front page of the dynasty forums. Btw if there's anything you'd like to see included tell me. I love feedback. How is my writing so far?
Old 10-26-2009, 03:10 PM   #13
MVP

Two 1-1 teams do battle in Buffalo

At 1:00 today an intriguing match-up will kick off between the Buffalo Bills and New Orleans Saints. The Bills have started off the season 1-1, under coach Alonso Torres, with a heart-breaking loss to New England week 1, and a shootout victory against the Buccaneers. Meanwhile, the Saints started the season by smashing the hapless Detroit Lions 30-3, but were then beaten by the Philadelphia Eagles in Overtime. This is a big game for both teams, as one will go above .500, and the other beneath.

Buffalo' offense has been outstanding so far. Trent Edwards has 5 touchdowns and only 1 interception. He and T.O. have built up a wonderful connection, meeting 3 times in the endzone last week. Lynch has also been a tough matchup for defenses averaging 119.5 yards a game and has 3 scores. While the offense is firing on all cylinders, their defense hasn't looked so great. They are giving up 32.5 ppg.

The New Orleans Saints offense has looked a little shaky as of late. In the opener, Drew Brees picked apart the Lions secondary, but last week the Eagles picked him off 3 times, one which lead to the game-winning field goal in OT. On the ground, the Saints are average as Pierre Thomas has ran for 146 yards and a TD. Suprisingly the Saints defense has stepped up only giving up 15 ppg, although one game was against the Lions.

Due to these team's explosiveness I expect a shootout. Drew Brees and Co. should come out on top thanks to a better defense.

Prediction: New Orleans Saints 45, Buffalo Bills 35
Old 10-26-2009, 06:04 PM   #14
MVP

Bills storm out the gate, avoid furious comeback

Thanks to Marshawn Lynch tearing up the Saints defense for 156 yards and 2 TDs, and Trent Edwards TD pass, the Bills had a 28-14 lead in the 4th quarter. Then the game started to get interesting.

Despite Drew Brees throwing 3 picks including a 100 yard interception for a TD, he connected with Marques Colston and Devery Henderson for 2 long touchdowns, 65 and 70 yards. The Bills secondary had coughed up the lead, but Trent Edwards would not dissapoint with only 4 minutes left.

Edwards started the drive from his own 24 and found Owens twice for 31 yards. A 15 yard catch from Derek Fine put the Bills into field goal range. But that wasn't enough for Trent Edwards as he found Robert Parrish, who just returned from injury, streaking for a 30 yard TD! The 2 point conversion failed, but so did the Saints comeback, as Brees' hailmary attempt harmlessly hit the ground.

The Saints have dropped to 1-2 and have a lot of work to do in the NFC South, while the Bills are 2-1 trying to catch up to the undefeated Patriots. Next week the Saints visit the Jets while the Bills meet their AFC East rival, Miami Dolphins.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:37 PM   #15
MVP

Around the NFL

Redskins rebound, narrowly escape vs. Lions
Thanks to the Redskins defense, Washington has got their first win of the season. They held the Lions to 7 points, and their offense managed 14. The Redskins are 1-2, while the Lions are winless.

Rams win 2nd straight; shock Packers
Steven Jackson couldn't be stopped against a weak Packers run defense, and barreled over Packer defenders for 22 carries 156 yards and 3 TDs. The final score was 31-21. Both teams are 2-1.

Vikings risky 2 pt. conversion pays off
Down 17-10 Favre pulled of another miracle, engineering a 73 yard drive and finding Visanthe Shiancoe for a 14 yard TD. Once the game was tied, Brad Childress risked it all and attempted the 2 pt. conversion. Adrian Peterson didn't disappoint running in for the victory to beat the 49ers. Both teams are 2-1.

New England drops Atlanta 41-27
Once again, Brady left a defense dumbfounded. His 4 touchdown passes lead New England to a 14 point victory. Matt Ryan and Michael Turner did well also, but couldn't match the Patriots. The Patriots are undefeated, but the Falcons are a dissapointing 1-2.

Titans win in defensive battle
The Titan defense swarmed Mark Sanchez and the Jet offense all day Sunday. A Cortland Finnegan 27 yard interception for a TD sealed the deal late in the game for a 17-14 victory. The Titans are 2-1, while the Jets are 1-2.

Eagles dominate K.C.
McNabb had a field day against the Chiefs throwing for 4 TDs and over 400 yards. Cassell couldn't keep up as they lost 38-20. The Eagles move to 2-1, while the Chiefs are 1-2

Giants rout the Buccaneers
This Buccaneer defense hopes to never see Brandon Jacobs again. Jacobs ran for 3 TDs and 128 yards. Josh Johnson had a terrible day in the 31-3 loss. The Giants are undefeated, while the Buccaneers are 0-3

Baltimore breaths a sigh of relief; beat Browns 17-16
The Ravens defense came up big, intercepting Derek Anderson's pass late in the 4th quarter to stop Cleveland's game winning drive. The Ravens move to 2-1, and the Browns are 1-2.

Jaguars beat rival Texans 14-10
The dynamic offense of Houston, didn't look so dynamic today. Matt Schaub threw 2 picks and Steve Slaton fumbled twice. MJD controlled the game on the ground helping the Jaguars to a 2-1 record. The Texans are a shocking 0-3

Seattle's lime green jerseys prove as lucky
The Bears wanted to puke looking at the 'Hawks new jerseys. Yet most Bear fans wanted to puke while watching the Bear defense attempt to contain the Seahawk offense. Matt Hasselbeck looked fantastic throwing 3 TDs and Julius Jones ran for 2, in a 38-24 victory. The Seahawks are now 2-1, while the Bears are a big dissapointment at 0-3.

Dolphins offense continues roll
This time it wasn't just the Wildcat, but just Ronnie Brown running through the Charger D, and Chad Henne playing solid. The Phins put up 35, while the Chargers only managed 24. Both teams are 2-1.

Bengals upset defending champs
The Bengals defense finally stepped up and intercepted Roethlisberger's last heave to seal the surprising victory. Big Ben had a terrible day throwing 2 picks and fumbling once. The Bengals get their first win, while the Steelers get their first loss.

Broncos top Raiders in close one
The Raiders are close, but no cigar. Their heated rival Broncos came up with the victory 21-13. Kyle Orton once again came up big, throwing 2 touchdowns and no turnovers. The Broncos are still undefeated, while the Raiders are winless.

Colts beat Cardinals 34-20
No differences this week, Peyton Manning shatters the Cardinal defense, with 3 TDs and 360 yards passing. The Cardinals explosive offense was contained and the Colts came up with the victory. The Cardinals are a shocking 0-3 (Super Bowl losing curse anybody?) while the Colts, to no surprise, are 3-0.

Carolina beats up on Cowboys; 27-6
For Tony Romo this was a day to forget. 4 Turnovers for Romo and he couldn't put a touchdown on the board. Deangelo Williams had 134 yards rushing and 2 TDs in the rout. Carolina is 2-1, while the Cowboys are 1-2.

19-0 Watch
New England Patriots
Indianapolis Colts
New York Giants
Denver Broncos

Last edited by RayAllen20; 10-28-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 04:57 PM   #16
MVP

Two AFC East Rivals Face Off In Miami

After last year's 0-6 record in the AFC East, it is extremely important to Buffalo that they get any win possible in their division. They already lost to New England in a heartbreaker, and Miami is now on the schedule.

Buffalo is coming off a victory against the explosive New Orleans Saints. They have looked dominant on offense, but their defense seams to be their weak spot. Now comes in Miami, 2-1, after thrashing Atlanta and San Diego. Ronnie Brown has started the season averaging 99.3 ypg, making the Wildcat even more effective.

Miami's defense hasn't been impressive either. All teams they have faced have scored over 24 points in each game. Trent Edwards and T.O. will try and exploit this, while Miami will run the Wildcat all day in this match-up.

Prediction: Miami Dolphins 27, Buffalo Bills 24

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »