Home

Soaring in St. Louis: A St. Louis Rams Chise' (M10)

This is a discussion on Soaring in St. Louis: A St. Louis Rams Chise' (M10) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Soaring in St. Louis: A St. Louis Rams Chise' (M10)

Game: Madden NFL 10
Sliders: Playmaker's
Minutes: 15 minutes
Acc. Clock: 25 seconds
Goal: Have a record at .500 or above.

What's up guys. This will be a franchise that I plan on doing for a long time and I felt like I've found the perfect team, slider set, and especially, the right website to post it on. This franchise will have a lot of detail, game recaps will be long but not like the ESPN ones. My goal is to make recaps easy to read and that everyone will enjoy following my chise'.

I chose the Rams because they have a new head coach, they are in a rebuilding process, and they have some good talent. Now I know Marc Bulger is getting up there but with the right pass blocking and recievers, he can still deliver. And of course you have a beast in Steven Jackson. Anyway, the Rams are a fun tea,, not the greatest Madden Team but are fun and have loads of potential to build around.

Hopefully this will be a nice chise' and hopefully you guys follow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Soaring in St. Louis: A St. Louis Rams Chise' (M10)

St. Louis Rams Team Preview

Offense

Quarterback
The Rams quarterback position is in most parts locked up. Marc Bulger is the starter and probably will remain the starter. Kyle Boller and rookie Keith Null will be his backups. Boller and Null, according to Steve Spagnoula, will battle for the back up position.

Backfield
Steven Jackson. A beast. Jackson needs to be a leader and represent that letter "C" on his jersey and try to get this team back to form. Of course, he'll need a little help. The Rams acquired Samkon Gado from Green Bay to backup Jackson and also have Kenneth Darby, who contributed last year alittle. Their fullback is Mike Karney, who had a good career in New Orleans.

Recieving Core
The Rams don't have a very good recieving core but their young and have a lot to learn. Donnie Avery explauded on the scene last season but Tory Holt was there and he was getting majority of the passes. Now it's his turn. They got a big blow when Laurent Robinson went down in training camp and is done for the season. Keenan Burton, Ruvell Martin and Danny Amendola look to fill the role left out from Laurent Robinson. Randy McMichael is a productive tight end and should get his share of catches.

Offensive Line
The line for the Rams is decent, could defintaly be better though. They gave up 38 sacks last season and Bulger isn't the most mobile guy. The tackles for the Rams are Alex Barron and Jason Smith, their first round draft pick. Those two are big guys but the question is are they fast enough for those top notch defensive ends in the league. The guards are Jacob Bell and Richie Incognito, both good guards. Bell is the best of the guards but Incognito is big and has some speed. The center is former Raven, Jason Brown. Brown is the best lineman but your center won't help the whole line. They need to play very good this season for the Rams to get back on track.

-----------------------------------------

Defensive Line
The defensive line for the Rams has talent but do have some problems. Chris Long is young and has great potential at the end spot. But 11-year pro end Leonard Little is getting up there and injuries are catching up to him. The defensive tacklesare young in Cliff Ryan and LaJuan Ramsey but don't provide enough push in the middle of the line.

Linebackers
Have some potential at this position, drafting James Laurinaitis for the middle linebacker spot and still have capitan Will Witherspoon. But Paris Lenon doesn't provide a good, solid outside linebacker and the Rams will look into that in the off-season or maybe IN the season.

Defensive Backs
O.J. Atogwe is the leader and heart of this defense and he is a free-safety. Nearly got 100 tackles last year and like I said before, he's a safety. Ronald Bartell and Jonathan Wade are the corners and Wade has a lot of improving to do but Bartell is a solid cornerback for the Rams. James Butler is their strong safety but is out with an injury and he is out until Week 4. Craig Dahl takes over at his position.

Special Teams
The Rams have one of the best kickers in the league in Josh Brown but he barely gets any chances because of the lack of production by the Rams offense. They also have a very good punter in Donnie Jones. Kenneth Darby returns kicks and Donnie Avery will be the punt returner.

Offense: 80 (B-)
Defense: 78 (C+)
Overall: 79 (C+)
Old 10-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Soaring in St. Louis: A St. Louis Rams Chise' (M10)

Looks good so far, I'll definitely be keeping up with it. I'm doing a Rams Franchise right now too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »