Home

Michnati WolveCats (NCAA 10)

This is a discussion on Michnati WolveCats (NCAA 10) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2009, 06:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Michnati WolveCats (NCAA 10)

I've been reading alot of forums and strongly following along with a few. One thing I noticed though about the football section is that there is not one Michigan dynasty active, which suprised me. I decided to change that & to bring a Big Blue dynasty to the OS Forum. I'll also be using my my hometown Cats though; do to wanting a slight challenge of building a program. I hope you follow along as I help Rich Rod rebuild the Wolverines & continue to build the BearCat program with Brian Kelly.

Michigan Wolverines
&
Cincinnati BearCats
Sliders: Normal Heisman Difficulty
Quarter Length: 10 Mins
Recruiting: I will recruit anyone but after week 6 has to be in top 5

Last edited by Jnort3; 11-11-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2009, 06:53 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Michnati WolveCats (NCAA 10)

Michigan Wolverines 2009 Outlook
Michigan hopes to become a en"Forcier" of the Big 10 again
08 REVIEW
Year one of the Rich Rodriguez Era couldn't have gone any worse.It jus seemed like nothing clicked for Michigan on either side of the ball. As expected the offense would struggle to be learned but no one would have thought it'd be that bad as Michigan only scored more than 28 points twice. Then what was suppost to be a top 25 defense never really got it started, a lot had to do with being on the field due to lack of offense, only holding the opposing team under 28 four times.
As a result the Michigan Wolverines finished with the worst record in school history of 3-9 (2-6 in Big 10). It was the first losing season in Michigan football since 67' and to make matters worst the season ending embarrassing 42-7 loss to Ohio State. It was the fifth straight loss to OSU, making it the most consecutive losses in UM historic history to OSU.
OFFSEASON MOVES
Not suprising after the disappointing year Michigan fans were already calling for Rich Rodriguez head. Coach Rodriguez was not fired though and in fact the AD stood strongly behind him.
A firing did happen though, on December 16, when Coach Rodriguez announced that defensive coordinator Scott Shafer had resigned. In Shafer's only season at UM the Wolverine defensive unperformed vastly ranking 68th in total d, 87th in pass d, and 80th in scoring d among all Division I teams. The Wolverines allowed 28.9 points per game, which was the first time in the schools history that its defense had allowed even 24 points per game.
The man replacing Shafer will be Greg Robinson. Greg is the former head coach at Syracuse, finished 10-37, and man well known for being a defense of genious at the NFL level. Rumor has it that he will slowly bring in the 3-3-5 style of defense that Rich Rodriguez ran at West Virginia.
The transfering woes also continued as nine more players left Michigan for qutie a few different reasons; with agian a player bringing up "family values". The two biggest names were last years starting QB Steven Threet along with the highly profiled HB Sam McGuffie. Sam left due to personal reason while Steven knew his time was up as starter and the system just wasn't right. WR Toney Clemons along with massive OT Dan O'Neil left due to not feeling the system either. WR Zion Babb, S Artis Chambers, ATH Avery Horn, and ATH Justin Feagins decided to leave due to depth at the postions they play. Feagins also had off the field problems that led to coach Rodriguez suspending him. The player bringing up family values was OL Kurt Wermers.
"I really didn't get along with the new coaches," Wermers said. "They were bringing in a lot of different kids that were not my kind of crowd. Coach Carr's staff was a whole different ballgame. It was like a family. But when Rodriguez came in it was a whole different feeling. It was more of a business. I figured I'd get out while I could."
Despite all those losses and the negative light on the progam many high schoolers have bought into Rich Rodriguez. Michigan 2009 recruiting class is full of talent with quite a bit being thrown into the fire right away. Rivals.com, Scout.com, and ESPN ranks Michigan recruiting class in the top 10. The top name on defense of end to commit was DT Will Campbell. Standing at 6'5 317 pounds, he'll become a dominate force along with last years star Mike Martin. The biggest key to Michigans offense and possibly the whole season will be Freshman QB Tate Forcier. Maybe not have the speed of a normal Rich Rod QB but after enrolling early he has done nothing but impress coaches. Tate will be thrown straight into the fire and has been named starter. Two players to keep your eye on are Craig Roh and Anthony Lalota. They both will look to steal playing time at LB/DE. Both are strong pass rushers and could help get to the QB on the other side of Preseason All American Brandon Graham. The player to watch on the offense of side will be the other QB Denard Robinson.
He may be redshirted but when Rich Rod was interviewed he stated, "The kid is such a good athlete we maybe not able to redshirt him."
PREDICTION
8-4 (5-3 in Big 10)

Last edited by Jnort3; 11-11-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:00 AM   #3
Rookie

Cincinnati BearCats 2009 Outlook
UC is the "man" in the Big East

Cincinnati, OH- Now that Cincinnati has posted back-to-back 10-win seasons for the first time in school history, can it capitalize and keep the momentum going?

These are heady times for the Bearcats, which won the Big East championship, the school’s first outright conference title since 1964. However, that team was clearly built for 2008, brimming with returning starters and getting a stunning six players drafted by the NFL in April. Now that 14 starters have departed, including 10 on defense, Cincy will be trying to avoid slipping back into national anonymity.

The biggest reason to smile around the Queen City is that head coach Brian Kelly continues to be on the sidelines, despite being the target of top-shelf programs following each of the last two seasons. In fact, he recently signed a contract extension designed to keep him around through the 2013 season. He’s been nothing short of a gem for Cincinnati, leading the school to a 22-6 mark and that high-profile appearance in January’s Orange Bowl. He can flat out coach kids up, which is a good thing because most of the region’s brightest talent usually ends up in Columbus.

So where do the Bearcats go from here? The offense should be fine now that QB Tony Pike has developed into a pro prospect and incendiary WR Mardy Gilyard put off the NFL for one more amateur season. This unit won’t have many problems scoring points. This unit better not have many problems scoring points because the defense is a work-in-progress. Gone from last year’s group are all but one starter, four all-stars, and defensive coordinator Joe Tresey. New coordinator Bob Diaco has young talent at his disposal, like DE Derek Wolfe and SS Drew Frey, but it’s going to take time before everything comes together.

Is Cincinnati rebuilding or restocking in 2009? That’ll be answered pretty quickly with a September schedule that includes trips to Rutgers and Oregon State, and a visit from Fresno State. While it’ll be hard to match last year’s success, expecting less from Kelly-coached teams is perennially becoming a humbling sentiment.

*Brought to you by Scout.com
09 Prediction
10-2 (5-2) 3rd in Big East

Last edited by Jnort3; 11-12-2009 at 02:04 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:02 AM   #4
Rookie

DATEOPPONENTSCOREPLAYER OF GAME
5-SepWestern Michigan Broncos00-00
12-SepNotre Dame Fighting Irish00-00
19-SepEastern Michigan Eagles00-00
26-SepIndiana Hoosiers00-00
3-Oct@ Michigan State Spartans00-00
10-Oct@ Iowa Hawkeyes00-00
17-OctFCE East00-00
24-OctPenn State Nittany Lions00-00
31-Oct@ Illinois Fighting Illini00-00
7-NovPurdue BoilerMakers00-00
14-Nov@ Wisconsin Badgers00-00
21-NovOhio State Buckeyes00-00

Last edited by Jnort3; 11-11-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:03 AM   #5
Rookie

DATE
OPPONENT
SCORE
PLAYER OF GAME
7-Sep
@ Rutgers Scarlet Knights
00-00
12-Sep
FCS SE
00-00
19-Sep
@ Oregon State Beavers
00-00
26-Sep
Fresno State Bulldogs
00-00
3-Oct
@ Miami Ohio RedHawks
00-00
15-Oct
@ South Florida Bulls
00-00
24-Oct
Louisville Cardinals
00-00
31-Oct
@ Syracuse Orange
00-00
7-Nov
Connecticut Huskies
00-00
13-Nov
West Virginia Mountaineers
00-00
27-Nov
Illinois Fighting Illini
00-00
5-Dec
@ Pittsburgh Panthers
00-00

Last edited by Jnort3; 11-11-2009 at 07:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »