Home

The Greatest Manning of Them All (NCAA RTG/Madden SS)

This is a discussion on The Greatest Manning of Them All (NCAA RTG/Madden SS) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2010, 03:14 AM   #17
Rookie

SHaynes23's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: The Greatest Manning of Them All (NCAA RTG/Madden SS)

Quote:
Sorry for the delay guys, I haven't been home at all over break, my girlfriend has been sick and I've been at her house almost the entire break. I'll start posting games tonight and try to move this along quickly now that it's game time.

USC Season Opener Upcoming, Starting QB Named

Before you know it the USC Trojans will be marching on the field for the 2009 football season. The team faces off with the San Jose State Spartans this week in it's opener, and Coach Pete Carroll has announced that the starting QB for the game will be the true freshman out of Las Vegas, Andy Manning. Manning, who recently revealed that he is the youngest of the Manning quarterback dynasty looks to start what will hopefully be a stellar college career Saturday afternoon.

San Jose State should be a good game for Manning to get broken in with as they pose no real threat to the Trojans. This game should be one where Manning can develop a relationship with his receivers and get timing and the college game down. Carroll shows a ton of confidence in Manning, as he has never started a true freshman under center in his tenure at USC. Look to see if he made the right move this Saturday as Trojan football kicks off another great season.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:59 AM   #18
Rookie

SHaynes23's Arena

San Jose State Spartans (0-0) vs. 4 USC Trojans (0-0)

Another season has begun in the storied history of the University of Southern California Trojans. This seasons looks to be a special one as the Trojans are lead by a confident, but very talented young freshman quarterback, Andy Manning. The Trojans start the season at number four in the polls, and with many great teams around them they don't have room for a slip up. They look to get their legs stretched in this opening day matchup against the totally outmatched San Jose State Spartans.

Final Score
San Jose State 5
Southern California 54

Andy Manning's Stats
23-31, 331 Yards Passing, 4 TD's

Nobody expected this to be a close game. The packed house in Los Angeles was a little tense after the first quarter and the Trojans were only up 7-3, but in the second quarter the powerhouse USC team turned the afterburners on. Coach Carroll opened up the passing game and allowed his freshman QB to throw the ball all over the field, and he racked up the yards in a hurry. Quickly into the second quarter he hooked up with his favorite target Damian Williams for a score, followed quickly by a touchdown to tight end Rhett Ellison on a goal line play. After driving down the field in the final seconds of the half to lead to a field goal, the Trojans had a 24-3 lead at halftime.

The third quarter was dominated by the Trojans. Ronald Johnson returned the opening kick of the half back for a touchdown. The Trojans did surrender a safety, but Manning rebounded with two more touchdown passes within a minute, one of them going to Williams for his second score of the day. C.J. Gable left with a minor injury on the last drive of the third, but Joe McKnight came in and ran the clock out very effectively, even punching it in for a score once. When all was said and done, the Trojans walked away with a 54-5 victory, and Manning had a very impressive debut in the red and yellow.

Here's what Manning had to say about his college debut.

Andy Manning
The atmosphere out there was crazy, like nothing I've ever played in. And it was only against San Jose State. I can't wait to see what it's like with titles up for grabs. I'm very proud of my performance, and I'll look to keep it up as we go into Columbus next week and prove to the country that we are contenders this season.

After the weekends games Manning was named the Pac-10 Offensive Player of the Week.

Next Week
4 USC Trojans (1-0) vs. 6 Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0)

Old 01-11-2010, 04:41 AM   #19
Rookie

SHaynes23's Arena

#4 USC Trojans (1-0) vs. #6 Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0)

The eyes of the country are on Columbus, Ohio this Saturday night. Terrelle Pryor will lead his sixth ranked Buckeyes into battle on their home turf against Andy Manning and the fourth ranked USC Trojans. These two powerhouses are going to lock horns on the big stage tonight. Many analysts point to USC's freshman quarterback as possibly the reason that USC will go out of Ohio with a loss. Many feel he's never experienced anything like this, while Ohio State's quarterback, and a very good quarterback in his own right, Terrelle Pyror has seen all this before. If there were any questions about Manning and the Trojans, they will be answered tonight on a national stage.

------

This game started as a disaster for the Trojans. On the first play from scrimmage, C.J. Gable broke a run to the outside and as he was about to gain a first down he was hit from the side, coughing up the ball to Ohio State. Pryor then led a short drive down the field and Ohio State scored on a run my Jermil Martin but missed the extra point to put them up 6-0. The Trojans got the ball back and went about halfway down the field, but went for it on fourth down and couldn't get the yard they needed. Again Pryor lead a drive down the field leading to another touchdown run, this time by Boom Herron to put OSU up 13-0. Ohio State was able to add a field goal to finish the first quarter up 16-0, and it looked like the blowout was on. USC was able to compose themselves in the second quarter and stop the bleeding, and the only score of the quarter was an Andy Manning pass to Ronald Johnson to finish the half 16-7.

Ohio State wasted no time in the second half as right out of the gates Pryor marched his team down the field and found Ray Small for the touchdown in the back of the endzone. After a two point conversion the Buckeyes were up 24-7 with only 3:15 left in the third quarter. Coach Carroll stayed calm and allowed Manning to go to work against the Buckeye defense, and he quickly found Anthony McCoy for a touchdown, closing the gap to 10. Almost immediately the Buckeyes turned the ball over, and in the closing seconds of the quarter Manning found Damian Williams for their third touchdown connection of the season, and USC was only down 3. Ohio State couldn't score on the next drive, but when USC got the ball Manning connected on a deep pass, but was injured on the play, a bruised knee, and he was unable to return to the game. Aaron Corp came in for USC, and with 1:49 left on the clock he connected with Damian Williams for the last score of the game, giving USC an amazing 27-24 come from behind victory.

Final Score
#6 USC Trojans 27
#4 Ohio State Buckeyes 24

Andy Manning's Stats
19-29, 267 Passing Yards, 3 TD's

Here's what Manning had to say:

Andy Manning
That was the most amazing football game I've ever been a part of! I would have loved to been able to stay in there and finish it off, but Aaron did a great job filling in for me and getting us the victory. Don't get too comfortable though Aaron, I'm not going to miss any time, I'll be back for next weeks game. Now maybe this will answer everybody's questions about if I can lead this team. Age is just a number, and the numbers are looking good for me so far.

Next Week
#2 USC Trojans (2-0) vs. Washington Huskies (2-0)

Old 01-12-2010, 06:32 PM   #20
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

OVR: 7

Nice W vs OSU. I tried the same thing once, played QB at SC on RTG and My defense just couldnt stop them. I lost 68-70 is 4OT when we couldnt get a 2-pt conversion. Lol
Old 01-17-2010, 03:05 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Looking forward to some more updates. Great read so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2010, 11:52 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 13

Good read. Can I ask you what level you are playing on? I was doing this in 09 with a guy I created at QB. I was beasting all over with SMU and won the National Champ first year. Bumped the level up and took a few tough losses.

Steel City Defense - http://www.operationsports.com/forum...franchise.html
Old 01-20-2010, 05:32 PM   #23
Rookie

SHaynes23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt314hew
Good read. Can I ask you what level you are playing on? I was doing this in 09 with a guy I created at QB. I was beasting all over with SMU and won the National Champ first year. Bumped the level up and took a few tough losses.
I'm playing on All-American.

And in terms of updates, I just got done moving back into my dorm at school and had internet issues the first couple of days, but it's back up and running now so I'll try to get a few games up in the next couple of days.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:39 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHaynes23
I'm playing on All-American.

And in terms of updates, I just got done moving back into my dorm at school and had internet issues the first couple of days, but it's back up and running now so I'll try to get a few games up in the next couple of days.
Yeah, I am also playing on All-American now. First season was on the default (i can't remember what it was). I am 4-3 in my 2nd season now. with all 3 of those losses coming on a last minute TD by the other team. What stinks is I only control the QB and the problems were on D.

Steel City Defense - http://www.operationsports.com/forum...franchise.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »