Home

Virginia Tech Hokies: Road to Turning Around Misfortune

This is a discussion on Virginia Tech Hokies: Road to Turning Around Misfortune within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2010, 12:00 AM   #65
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Virginia Tech Hokies: Road to Turning Around Misfortune

BREAKING NEWS: In a press conference earlier today with Coach Bud Foster, head coach of the Virginia Tech Hokies, it was announced that senior quarterback Trey Gresh, whom was injured in the opening game of the season against Texas, has taken a back seat in this week's contest, and sophomore Brandon Reid will get the start against ACC foe Georgia Tech. Gresh had a great statistical performance in the game against the Longhorns, but overall his performance was not enough in comparison to the career day that Reid had, leading the Hokies back from a 3 touchdown deficit to send them into over time.

Foster - "...today, I will only address our quarterbacking situation because it is something of importance, and something that needs to be cleared up. Trey injured his shoulder pretty good against Texas, and it allowed for Reid to take over the game, and prove what he has to offer to this football team. I loved the heart and drive that Reid brought to this offense, and I believe if we can stick with him and give him a shot to mesh with the other players, that it will be for the better of the team. Trey is still nursing his badly strained shoulder, and I just do not feel confident in putting him back in the starting role at this point. After reviewing film, it came down to the amount of time that he held onto the ball, and not making the proper decisions. Ulimately he got hurt, and that is something that we never want to see. Initially we placed the blame solely on the offensive line, but after reviewing the film, it appears as if his reluctance to get rid of the ball and make quick decisions ended up putting our offense in a disadvantage. On paper, his statistics in the game looked very solid, but what those stats did not show was the "happy feet" in the pocket, as well as the amount of sacks that was accumulated by not getting the ball out and making a play.

Trey will be waiting in the wings, and will definitely get some playing time throughout this season at some point. But right now, Reid is our man. I love the poise, determination, leadership and drive that he possesses, and I believe that this will help us with a tough road ahead in the long run. Trey is supportive of Reid, and has been working with him each day in practice to become a better overall quarterback. This is something that I am very proud of, and shows the type of character that this young man has. Everyone on the offense has been supportive of this transition from Gresh to Reid, especially after Reid had a helluva good freshman season for us. We are preaching consistency to these young men, and we as coaches believe that Reid gives us the best opportunity at establishing that consistency.

So to answer all questions . . . Trey is out as the starter, Reid is in, and I have no further comments on the situation. We are getting prepared for Georgia Tech this weekend, and no distractions or controversy is needed. Now that this is all out in the open and clear, we have a gameplan to attend to for the Yellow Jackets. Thank you for your time . . ."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2010, 12:17 AM   #66
MVP

mm boost's Arena

Week 3 - 2014

-The road to the ACC Championship Game in Charlotte, NC begins this week, as two ACC powerhouses face-off in the first conference game of the season-

What do the experts say?:
Corso = Virginia Tech
Herbstreit = Virginia Tech

___________VS._____________
(1-0, 0-0)________________________________(0-1, 0-0)

Lane Stadium - Blacksburg, VA

Saturday, September 13, 2014 at 1pm E/T

Only on:

Old 12-23-2010, 12:41 AM   #67
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Should be an easy W since the CPU sucks at the triple option.

Cowboys and Hokies fan? Nice.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 12-23-2010, 08:26 AM   #68
MVP

mm boost's Arena

well, idk man, last year they were like less than 20 yards away from beating me, and it was by use of their passing attack. It is neat how Georgia Tech has transitioned more into a dual threat offense, both passing and running on my dynasty.

And yes, Cowboys and Hokies...is there any other way to go?

Old 12-23-2010, 11:14 AM   #69
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

CPU seems to panic and go into passing mode in an option offense when that doesn't really happen irl, and GT's playbook only has like 3 passing plays lol.

And yes, there's other ways to go but I refer to those as the wrong way.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 12-23-2010, 01:25 PM   #70
MVP

mm boost's Arena

you have VT and Dal in your sig, how are they the "wrong way?"

And yes I know, I wished for once they made Georgia Tech dangerous with their option attack. Although in NCAA 2010, it seemed as if I got my wished because I had several really close games (one of those games is posted at the beginning of this thread. But the last season's game against Georgia Tech, they were able to run it decently, but killed it on screens and underneath passes. Connected with a couple of playaction deep passes, and that's where they got me, because I had my gameplan to come in an shut down the run. I am interested to see how today's game goes - I am playing it when I get home from work at 3:30. Results and recap to follow tonight.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:28 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
you have VT and Dal in your sig, how are they the "wrong way?"
He's saying he calls any other way besides VT and Dallas the wrong way.

But it's all about the Packers anyway.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2010, 01:43 PM   #72
MVP

mm boost's Arena

gotcha...my b.

and um...go Hokies! That's what this is all about anyway

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »