Home

Defense Wins Championships: Madden 10 Patriots Dynasty

This is a discussion on Defense Wins Championships: Madden 10 Patriots Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Defense Wins Championships: Madden 10 Patriots Dynasty

Coach: Bill Belichick
Def. Coordinator: Dean Pees

Sim Injuries: ON
Injuries: ON
Salary Cap: OFF
Quarter Length: 7 MIN
Fantasy Draft: ON
Difficulty: ALL-PRO

With the fourth overall pick in the NFL Fantasy draft, the New England Patriots select Troy Polamalu - Safety.

Drafted Roster (First 25 Picks) 4th Overall Pick
Troy Polamalu - SS
Joey Porter - ROLB
Walter Jones - LT
Marcus Stroud - DT
Chris Johnson - HB
Stacy Andrews - RG
Pat Williams - DT
John Carlson - TE
London Fletcher - MLB
Antoine Winfield - CB
Matt Birk - C
Darren Howard - RE
Cooper Carlisle - RT
Ryan Tucker - RG
Amani Toomer - WR
Mark Clayton - WR
Shaun Hill - QB
Bryan Thomas - OLB
Eugene Wilson - FS
Nick Harper - CB
Nate WashinMgton - WR
Jameel Cook - FB
Julius Jones - HB
Martin Gramatica - K
Jeremy Kapinos - P

Starting Squad
QB - Shaun Hill - 76
HB - Chris Johnson - 90
FB - Jameel Cook - 73
WR - Amani Toomer - 77
WR - Mark Clayton - 77
WR - Nate Washington - 75
TE - John Carlson - 89
LT - Walter Jones - 93
LG - Cooper Carlisle - 79
C - Matt Birk - 88
RG - Stacy Andrews - 91
RT - Shane Olivea - 76
LE - Reggie Hayward - 75
RE - Darren Howard - 78
DT - Marcus Stroud - 92
LOLB - Bryan Thomas - 75
MLB - London Fletcher - 90
ROLB - Joey Porter - 94
CB - Antoine Winfield - 89
FS - Eugene Wilson - 74
SS - Troy Polamalu - 99
K - Martin Gramatica - 66
P - Brandon Fields - 62
KR - Chris Johnson
PR - Greg Lewis

Schedule

VS Bills
AT Jets
VS Falcons
VS Ravens
AT Broncos
VS Titans
AT Buccaneers
BYE
VS Dolphins
AT Colts
VS Jets
AT Saints
AT Dolphins
VS Panthers
AT Bills
VS Jaguars
AT Texans

PLEASE FOLLOW

Last edited by fenwayfaithful; 12-30-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2009, 09:49 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Defense Wins Championships: Madden 10 Patriots Dynasty

First Round Pick Polamalu proves not to be a bust

BUF: 0 - 3 - 0 - 16 30
NE: 10 - 0 - 7 - 13 19

FOXBORO, MA-The game began with 10 un-answered points by the Pats. They ran in to the final 5 minutes of the fourth quarter with a lead of 24-7. However, Antonio Gates racked up 4 straight receptions, and a touchdown. The Bills quickly made it a one possession game in less than 3 minutes. However, the Patriots held on and sealed the deal with a 12 yard touchdown pass from Shaun Hill to Nate Washington to 0:49 left in the game.

Troy Polamalu had 2 interceptions and one for a touchdown. Many questioned the Patriots and their choice to pick Palamalu as their first overall pick. In the past, the Patriots are recognized as an offensive juggernaut, and they are not known for a dominant defense. So why pick a defensive stud over an offensive stud? "We saw an opportunity to pick one of the best young safeties of all time, and we couldn't let go." says Patriots defensive coordinator Dean Pees. "We thought about Ed Reed, but Palamalu has hurt us in the past, and we've seen better from him."

Troy Polamalu

"We definitely made success of all of our opportunities, but defensively we made mistakes that almost cost us the game. Fortunately, those mistakes didn't cost us the game, and we walked away with the victory. Right now we're focusing solely on the Jets."

Carson Palmer

"We didn't have much success near the endzone which really was the reason we lost tonight. We showed a lot of heart at the end of the ballgame, but as it turned out we didn't do enough before that to come out with a victory. I really gotta' give credit to Troy - he's a one of a kind personality and player. 3 turnovers is too much for us to expect to win, and right now we gotta' hone our offensive strategy."

Shaun Hill - 14/23, 172 yards, 2 TD
Chris Johnson - 23 carries, 168 yards, 1 TD
John Carlson - 3 catches, 61 yards, 1 TD

Carson Palmer - 18/29, 293 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT
Willis McGahee - 14 carries, 41 yards
Darrell Jackson - 4 catches, 106 yards, 1 TD

Defensive Stars

Troy Palamalu - 2 Interceptions, 1 TD

Jonathan Vilma - 6 tackles, 1 assist

Last edited by fenwayfaithful; 12-30-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:24 PM   #3
Rookie

AROUND THE NFL

Week 1's Best Performances:

Steven Jackson (HOU) - 178 yards, 3 TD, 4 catches, 23 yards, 1 TD
Michael Boley (TB) - 11 Tackles, 4 Sacks, 1 Interception

News:

Patriot's LE Reggie Hayward out for season with Broken Fibula. Coach Bill Bilichick states, "Reggie could be back by week 13 at best if his rehabilitation goes best."

49'ers beat Cardinals in overtime, 34-31. Cardinals scored 17 unanswered points in the fourth quarter, but unfortunately couldn't come out victorious in the overtime period. Frank Gore had 268 yards of total offense along with 3 touchdowns.

Mark Clayton: New Ochocinco?Patriot's Wide Receiver Mark Clayton was thrown out of the game in the 4th quarter and fined $250,000. This was obviously overshadowed by Polamalu's spectacular performance. Clayton started out vicious with referees after a blown call on whether Clayton was in bounds during a catch. Bill Bilichick refused to challenge the call, even though it was obvious that Clayton was inbounds. They got in to an argument, and Clayton was pulled by Bilichick. In the fourth quarter, Clayton re-entered the game, but began arguing with the ref's once again. Clayton proceeded to threaten the referee, and he was tossed with a $250,000 bill included. "I wish I would be supported by my own coach in the future", says Clayton. "It's ridiculous...The fact that I can't even get my own coach to agree with me on a call that was obvious. I want out." Bill Bilichick responded, "Mark is a good guy. He gets heated at times. It was a 8 yard pass, and it wasn't worth a challenge flag. I apologized, and he needed to be punished and that's the end of it."

Last edited by fenwayfaithful; 12-30-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 9

Cool idea going with the fantasy draft!! Dean Pees...lol, how could you not like the guy?!

Keep it up!! Good job getting Polmalallaulaulau...or however you spell it

Edit: Polamalu

R.I.P Paintball BAP and the Mess.
^^^ Check it out for a good read!
Old 12-31-2009, 06:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Patriots win another
Patriots 27
Jets 10

RUTHERFORD, NJ-The New England Patriots traveled to the Meadowlands with little concern because of recent visits. This visit, however, was no problem for the defensive juggernaut Patriots. They quickly jumped out to a 10-0 first quarter lead after a field goal and Julius Jones' first touchdown as a Patriot. They had a commanding 17-3 halftime lead. Troy Polamalu looked like a stud once again, recording 4 tackles in the first half. Even after a quick 45 yard run by New York's Steve Slaton, the Patriots retaliated as Shaun Hill threw a 6 yarder to Amani Toomer. The Patriots glided through the Meadowlands with a 27-10 win.

Shaun Hill, Patriots QB
I'm happy with the team right now. We played excellent today. Scratch that, we've played excellent this season. I'm really happy with the chemistry of my teammates, and the defensive discipline that we've shown. We really executed well today....We just need to come back next week and do the same against the Falcons.

Bill Bilichick, Patriots Head Coach
We only had 3 penalties today, definitely a plus. Shaun called a great game. Um, CJ (Chris Johnson) could definitely improve, but he just had an off afternoon, nothing to get stressed out about. He's a young guy, he'll figure it out. As of right now, we're focusing on the Falcons, and nothing but the Falcons.

Passing
Shaun Hill - 20/35, 269 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
Rushing
Chris Johnson - 24 att, 43 yards, 1 TD
Julius Jones - 5 att, 21 yards, 1 TD
Jameel Cook - 2 att, -3 yards
Shaun Hill - 1 att, 0 yards
Receiving
Nate Washington - 6 rec, 69 yards
Chris Johnson - 5 rec, 77 yards
Mark Clayton - 3 rec, 49 yards
Amani Toomer - 3 rec, 21 yards, 1 TD
John Carlson - 2 rec, 44 yards
Brian Finneran - 1 rec, 9 yards
Defensive Standouts
Troy Polamalu - 5 tackles, 1 assist
Marcus Stroud - 4 tackles, 1 sack
Antwan Barnes - 3 tackles, 2 sacks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2009, 11:33 PM   #6
Rookie

Around the NFL

Players of the Week

Clinton Portis (DEN) - 23 att, 247 yards, 2 TD
Terrell Suggs (TEN) - 4 tackles, 1 sack, 1 int
Chester Taylor (WAS) - 32 att, 142 yards, 2 Total TD
Michael Lewis (CHI) - 7 Tackles, 1 int

Chargers shut down Ravens
Charger's CB Nate Clemens dominated the Baltimore Ravens. He finished with 9 tackles, 2 assists, 1 sack, and 1 interception. The Ravens started out hot with a quick field goal to open the game, but then the Charger's secondary shut down Matt Hasselbeck and the young Ravens. The Chargers then proceeded to score 27 unanswered points to win 27-3.

Patriot's DT Pat Williams placed on trading block
Seeing barely any playing time, Pat Williams asked for a trade and it looks like he'll be getting one. In exchange, the Patriots will be looking for a premiere wide receiver, or a defensive end.

Patriots News

New Captains
New Captains were announced for the Patriots in Foxboro on Tuesday morning. Shaun Hill, Troy Polamalu, and Joey Porter were named the three captains for the Patriots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »