Home

Not Likely, But Playable:Matt10's Memphis Tigers

This is a discussion on Not Likely, But Playable:Matt10's Memphis Tigers within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2010, 01:54 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Not Likely, But Playable:Matt10's Memphis Tigers

YOU GUESSED IT, THE D!

Scanning over the roster, it seems we are facing an identity crisis of the interior everything. My middle linebacker is supposedly the Impact Player, but is only rated a 74 OVR. However, the best rated player on defense is my defensive tackle, Justin Thompson, and 84 OVR junior who can really pack a punch.

If anything, I'll put Thompson as the captain for the defense - the scheme will be a 4-3 without a doubt. There's no chance we could get away with a 3-4 with the inside linebackers of Bowens and then sophomore (rs) Terrence Thomas.

Despite all that, our speed on the outside linebacking core is pretty impressive. Starting with Greg Jackson (also a potential captain), who respectfully displays an 80 overall rating, and solid 84 spd (with 82 acc) - it's all in the numbers here, folks - this guy could be the game changer.

Now if only I could have some more practice time to develop Corderick Govan, a red-shirt junior with a misleading 72 OVR decision, despite a 84 spd and 82 acc - his weakness lies within his tackling at 74, but damn that speed is impressive. In front of Govan is Ricky Holloway, who I am really going to push hard this year because he will need to feel the breath of competition that Govan puts on him. Holloway may be rated slightly higher (76 OVR), and is a sophomore, but his breaking tackle bugs me a bit - his form just doesn't seem right from the film I've watched.

Let's jump into the secondary - my favorite part.

One of those exciting cornerbacks in D.A. Griffin (sr, 82 OVR) leads the charge for the secondary, backed up by Lavaris Edwards (rs SO, 80 OVR) on the other side. I can already tell though that seniors Alton Starr and Deante Lamar (both 76 OVR) want to beat out Edwards for that spot like nobody's business.

Completely uncontested though will be Deron Furr (rs SO 78 OVR), my free safety - a mad man they call him, he has an adequate awareness rating of 78, with the notion that he will come at you hard if he getst here with his 86 speed. The closest to "snagging" his job would be Jermaine Richardson (rs SO, 68 OVR) but I do not see that happening ever.

Lastly - Darius Davis.

Davis is one of those players who believe he can play in the NFL already. He'll go for the big hit 9 times out of 10. He may stand six-feet tall, and 180 lbs of nothing but muscle - but the strength arises in his heart - and yeah that's cheezy, or whatever - but he's something special and as a junior, he very well could be on his way out after this season. The only thing that I would hope for him would be to stay, and improve that 82 OVR into the high 80's or even 90's.

Forgot that our offense rating: C
Defense Rating: C+

We pick on the speciality players next.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:50 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

SPECIAL MEN, BAD NUMBERS

Quick snippet here, our kicker, Matt Reagan, is a man with high potential - but considering he's a senior, and only 84 OVR - he won't be a draftee. What's good is that he will get the job done for us from medium range, but I'm obviously more concerned with that lil thing called accuracy.

I decided to change his number from #43 to #2 - I just feel kickers should wear lower numbers, it's more respectable to be perfectly honest.

Josh Booker (rs JR, 85 OVR) is our punter. He has decent kicking power at 88 KPW, and 85 KAC kick accuracy. The way our offensive line looks, unless my quick screens don't work, Booker will see quite a lot of playing time.

Same as Reagan - Booker is getting a number change from #48 to #17.

Other than that, there are no more number changes.

Special Teams Rating: A

Team overall: a whopping B- (93rd in the nation)
Old 01-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

CRUEL SUMMER?

We put Arkelon Hall as the "starter" for the summer camp drills - his option plays were a novelty, but man he's got a shaky arm. With that said though, Tyler Bass - our expected star - under performed greatly - dropping back down to a 76 OVR. The passing skeleton drill just did not seem to be his forte - so....I guess that could be an issue, huh?

Curtis Steele is our running back, he showed some silky moves in the trenches - evading some pretty sure tacklers. Diving into the deep end a bit, we tried out Mr 3rd-string, Lance Smith - and after 3 back to back fumbles, we called it a day with the running backs. If he hadn't already red-shirted, he would've joined Odom and Hall down there.

I gave Alton Starr and Deante Lamar a chance at defending the skeleton QB drill - both seemed like they were the same person despite their physical differences. Nothing was impressive enough for me to consider bumping sophomore, Lavaris Edwards, though.

SEEING RED

WR #29 Brian Hall (SR) - 80 overall
LB #42 Derrick Odom (SR) - 68 overall

Wanting to give both of these guys a rest, I could definitely use Hall next year - plus academically, he's nowhere near where he needs to be.

Derrick Odom is a great name, it's just on the wrong guy. His academics are worst than Hall's - got some shaping up to do, and told him to cut his hair.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

can i get your sliders i just decided to get this game a month ago and its enjoyable but the sliders i'm not sure are user friendly
Old 01-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlstar
can i get your sliders i just decided to get this game a month ago and its enjoyable but the sliders i'm not sure are user friendly
As soon as I figure my own out, I'll label these "set".

In the meantime - here is what I got:

AA, 7 mins

Hum/CPU

QBA 50/50
PBL 65/80
WR CAT 50/50
RBA 50/50
RBL 50/60

Defense is 50 all for HUM, except CPU 20 for INT

Haven't tweaked special teams just yet.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:48 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

GOING TO THE MATTRESSES

The first three games of our season will be the toughest stretch this program has ever seen. I am here to bring some much needed confidence to the side - should I start by inevitably getting their asses handed to them?

Damn straight.

Week 1: at #21 Nebraska
Week 2: at Florida International University
Week 3: vs #8 Penn State
Week 4: Marshall [C-USA]
Week 5: at University Central Florida [C-USA]
Week 6: University Texas El-Paso [C-USA]
Week 7: at Southern Mississippi [C-USA]
Week 8: OPEN
Week 9: East Carolina University [C-USA]
Week 10: at Tennessee
Week 11: University of Alabama at Birmingham [C-USA]
Week 12: at University of Houston [C-USA]
Week 13: at Tulsa [C-USA]
Week 14: OPEN

Wish us luck - Nebraska is only a week away and I haven't got the depth chart completely figured out yet. Hell, I haven't even signed the papers on our new offensive coordinator, Clark Ruffkin.

So little time so much to do...

Old 01-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

GAME DAY

Week 1 - Memorial Stadium - Lincoln, NE

Memphis @ #21 Nebraska

Week number one was going to be our biggest test yet, and in fact - it most certainly was. I chose to play Arkelon Hall because I'm sure the likes of Suh and Dilliard - and pretty much every other damn Cornhusker in the stadium was going to come fast and hard. So Hall's "escapability" would be useful in preventing such things - and maybe even throwing a couple good throws once in a while.

I don't believe in the term "tale of two halfs" - so my summary is by quarters - an inspirational speech may happen during half time, but I feel motivation comes from the environment (the field, the sidelines).

First Quarter: Early Commitment

I told the defensive line to jump the snap on every play. I told them this was an "early commitment". Basically no matter what the count was, when they felt it was time to break into the trenches - do so - I couldn't care less abou the penalties (which never arrived).

It was no surprise to me then, when we took the lead via a safety by Turner grabbing at the shoe strings of Zach Lee -- Mem 2, Neb 0.

Looking like a soccer scoreboard, Nebraska felt embarrased, Mr. Lee more than anyone I'm assuming. The reason being, on the next possession he drove his team down the field before slotting a perfect pass into Niles Paul (argh!) numbers, who then left my defense in the dust for a 22-yard score -- Mem 2, Neb 7.

Second Quarter: Lights

Niles Paul did not slowly punch our lights out - he ravaged our hopes of a good half immediately beginning the second quarter when he returned Booker's punt 82-yards, completely untouched.

Zach Lee found his underperforming running back, Louis Castille with a perfectly placed pass over Edwards' shoulder for a 10-yard score.

Henery, their kicker, didn't have any trouble witha 45-yarder to end the half, and to blank us in the second quarter -- Mem 2, Neb 24.

Third Quarter: Sweet Jebus

I remember saying something positive in the half time "speech", yada yada "you boys are playing your heart out"...yada yada..."keep giving it to them"...yada yada "they are scared of you".

All of what I said was extinguished in the third quarter, even the "yada..yada's".

Their backup running back, Roy Helu, decided he would put his mark on the game - and on his one and only carry - he bolted past the d-line, the linebackers and the secondary - untouched of course - for 47-yards.

Niles Paul, 65-yard catch and pass from Lee...don't ask. Touchdown.

Hall threw his first interception of the game, he was being pressured by Suh - but then I guess realized that if he tries to throw the ball directly at Nebraska's #93 in the face, the onslaught would stop.

Wrong - Hall chucks the ball in the direciton of Suh, and straight into the hands of linebacker, Dilliard - who then proceeds to go 38-yards, untouched of course into the endzone -- Mem 2, Neb 45.

Curtis Steele said to me at half time that he would try to get more yards. Great, Curtis - thanks for the mission statement. Curtis was stifled yet again, a theme that had been prominent to the Cornhusker linebacking core - and finished his day with a -1 total yards achieved (or dechieved?).

The latest stop on our beloved RB, resulted in one last possession for the home side before the quarter was up - and of course Lee found Gilleylen on another quick slot pass - the received torched up the field for a blister 84-yard touchdown -- Mem 2, Neb 52.

Fourth Quarter: Long Duck Hall

Arkelon Hall took off his panties and started throwing the ball down the field - and the 22-yard pass in tight coverage to Baker for our first touchdown of the season was a blissful feeling.

And then of course, after Henery's chip shot to give them another point, we had the final say.

Hall tossed up a prayer which found Singleton sreaking down the sidelines, marked tightly by Anthony West, but the ball was a perfectly thrown one - and it was another touchdown.

Too bad, so sad, the backups were put in on their side - and they did a good job to run the clock out.

I shook hands with Bo: "Got some ******s there, huh?" he says - and I replied something to the effect of eat some wheat.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2010, 02:59 PM   #16
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I shook hands with Bo: "Got some ******s there, huh?" he says - and I replied something to the effect of eat some wheat.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »