Home

J. William Randolph's College Coaching Career

This is a discussion on J. William Randolph's College Coaching Career within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

OVR: 7
J. William Randolph's College Coaching Career

San Diego State hires new Head Coach

San Diego State announced today the hiring of J. William Randolph, the former Arena Football League head coach, LSU Quarterbacks coach, and Texas Tech Assistant Head Coach/Recruiting Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach. Randolph played QB for Div II Abeline University from 1997-2000 and for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 2000-04, where he made the move to tight end. Randolph never saw significant playing time with the Bucs and retired after a dispute with Coach Jon Gruden over his coaching tactics. Randolph still holds Tony Dungy, the man who signed him as an undrafted Free Agent in 2000, in high esteem and tries to emulate his coaching tactics. Randolph then interviewed for the vacant Quarterbacks Coaching position at LSU and shocked the other Candidates by getting it. Randolph returned to Tampa in '07 when he accepted the Head Coaching job with the AFL's Tampa Bay Storm, where he brought a great defensive attack to the AFL. When the league announced it would close for the 2008 season, Randolph immediately bolted for Texas Tech, where he spent the next 2 seasons learning offense from the erratic Mike Leach and helping recruit top-notch players to Tech. Randolph plans to run a similar offense to that of Texas Tech here at SDSU. Randolph will be formally announced later today at a press conference scheduled for 3 PM PST.(7 PM EST)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Re: J. William Randolph's College Coaching Career

Randolph addresses media for first time as Aztec Coach

San Diego State's New Head Coach, J. William Randolph, looks on as he is introduced by interim AD Don Oberhelman
Opening Statement By J. William Randolph:
Hello, its great to be here addressing you today as the newest head coach in the history of this great school. I am extremely excited to bring this football program back to where it needs to be. I am grateful to Mr. Oberhelman for allowing me this opportunity in a great town and area. My plan This pre-season is to recruit like crazy, get the guys in the weight room, recruit, install our new plays, recruit, raise fan support for this university, recruit, instill a sense of respect and discipline in the young men on this football team, recruit, and give our team the best possible chance to beat UCLA in week 1. I want to thank the fans in advance as they support our team throughout this time of transition.

Q&A
Reporter: Coach Randolph, do you honestly think your team has a chance vs UCLA in week 1?
Coach Randolph: First off, call me Will. Second, I believe with all my heart that we do. As long as we are fundamentally sound and win the turnover battle, we have a good chance of hanging with UCLA.

Reporter: Coach, how long do you expect to be here at SDSU. There has already been talk that you will leave for a better job if offered.
Coach Randolph: Well, that's new to me. I intend to be at San Diego State for the foreseeable future, and as long as they will have me.

Reporter: Coach, have you had any luck assembling a Staff?
Coach Randolph: Well, as you can see, I already have some new coaches with me here today. The tall gentleman to my right is our new Wide Receivers coach, Coach Josh Washington and to his right is Arick Lane, who will be our new Offensive Coordinator/RB Coach, he was the Runningbacks coach with me at Texas Tech. Though he cannot be with us, on account that he is assembling his own staff, I have hired my brother, Ron Randolph, as the Defensive Coordinator/DB's coach, the same position he held with me in Tampa. As a matter of fact, he sent me a text before I got up here that he got an agreement from Bradley Dale Peveto, the former LSU linebackers coach, to join us here, and is close to an agreement with Alabama D-Line coach Bo Davis to come here in the same capacity. We are very excited for this season to come, thank you for your time and goodnight. Go Aztecs!
Old 01-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Mougey to start at QB?

Coach "Will" Randolph has already caused a stir in the College Football world. Today, Randolph name Wide Receiver Darren Mougey as the team's starting Quarterback. Mougey was a QB in high school, but has played a snap from under center since 2007. Mougey was the starting QB at SDSU for a few games in 2007, but then was switched to wide-out when Kevin O'Connell won his position back. Said Randolph "Well, Ryan (Lindley, projected starting QB) went down in practice, Darren ran over and asked for a shot at Quarterback. I love his size and mobility, so I let him have a go. He definitely gave it his all and his speed adds a whole other dimension to our offense. Trust me, I know quarterbacks, and I sure can coach 'em up, just ask Jamarcus Russell, Matt Flynn, or Graham Harrell. Darren is our captain and he shows promise in there as our leader on offense." The Aztecs play their season opener in 2 weeks vs UCLA.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:00 PM   #4
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

SDSU falls in Randolph's first game as Coach

UCLA QB Kevin Craft was a stud, completing 21-35 for 247 yards and 2 touchdowns, as UCLA escaped with a narrow 24-17 win over SDSU in their first game under new coach Will Randolph. Randolph's controversial decision to start WR Darren Mougey at QB seemed to work OK. Mougey was 28-47 for 272 yards, 2 touchdowns, and 2 interceptions with a 113.7 passer rating. UCLA scored on their first drive of the season, scoring from 14 yards out on a pass from Craft to Tailback Milton Knox. But, SDSU answered on their second drive of the game, scoring on an 8 yard pass by Mougey to WR Mekell Wesley. UCLA then scored with 0:47 seconds left, and after Mougey threw a pick, kicked a FG to make it 17-7 with 5 secons left in the first half. SDSU began dominating on defense, not allowing a score during the third quarter, and at the end of 3, it was 17-10, with the Aztecs in the red zone. Mougey scored with 9 minutes left when he connected with TE Alston Umuolo. When Craft was sacked and stripped by Freshman DB Nat Berhe with 5 minutes left, it looked to be over. UCLA received the ball on their own 49 with 1:19 left. Then, WR Jerry Johnson made an incredible play off of a Berhe deflection, and ran down to the 1 yard line before he was caught by Berhe. Craft then scored from 1-yard out to win the game for UCLA and make Randolph 0-1 as an NCAA Head Coach.

Last edited by Jefferson2Lafell; 01-14-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:48 PM   #5
Rookie

Jefferson2Lafell's Arena

Ok im ending this... got bored a few more games in, idk if ill do another madden or NCAA, im thinking Michigan or ND and build em back up? Or another one idk... i like idea of ND more but idk. Other suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »