Home

Tulane Dynasty (NCAA 2010)

This is a discussion on Tulane Dynasty (NCAA 2010) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2010, 11:37 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Tulane Dynasty (NCAA 2010)

Clutch Win In Opener
Tulane Wins A Close One At Home

The game started off pretty sloppy for Tulane especially on special teams giving up a 96 yard kick return for a touchdown after several missed tackles. Their offense wasn't much better driving down the field and then stalling out twice when they got inside Tulsa's 40 having to settle for two field goals. Tulanes defense held up and stayed strong the whole first quarter not allowing a score and forcing three and outs. That changed when Kevin Moore threw an interception setting Tulsa up at the Tulane 25 yard line it only took them three plays to get into the endzone.

In the second quarter Tulane's defense still stayed strong forcing three and outs left and right. Finally Tulane got its first touchdown, Charles Harris picked off quarterback G.Kinne's pass, returning it for 44 yards and a touchdown. With minutes left in the first half Tulanes defense finally showed some weakness eventually tiring out due to the fact Tulane's offense didn't have much success moving the ball in the first half allowing Tulsa's offense to have the ball pretty much all of the the 2nd quarter. G. Kinne was sacked by Logan Kelley on a busted up screen play and they were left at there 10 yard line. Many were thinking they would just run down the clock but no they bombed a 90 yarder to D.Johnson and he went untouched into the endzone with 1:22 left in the half. Tulane wasn't going down without a fight though, Kevin Moore finally looked comfortable in the pocket completing two long passes to Williams and a dump off to Helm which went for 17 yards setting up the final score of the half a 34 yard FG by Thevnot to make it 21-15 going into the half.

After a great last drive performance by Moore coach Toledo put the ball in his hands Tulane was a passing team most of the 3rd quarter. Moore was being blitzed all day long Tulsa brought two linebackers on the blitz on the opening drive and Moore scrambling in the backfield got the ball off late in the middle and it was picked off by Tulsa's cornerback K.Sims II returning it for 67 yards and a score. Kevin frustrated wasn't shaken and he led his team down the field for his first passing touchdown of the game to true freshman D.J. Banks the next drive. Finally, their offense had gotten them on the board but their special teams suffered allowing another long return Shelly bringing it out to the 50 and Tulsa again got another score a 24 yard FG by Fitzpatrick.

Going into the 4th Moore knew what he had to do they had to score they couldn't afford mistakes. They drove down the field like usual but stalled out Thevnot kicked his fourth field goal a 42 yarder to make they game in reach for Tulane (31-25). Tulane stayed tough on defense and forced another three and out. Tulane drove down the field into Tulsa territory after an incomplete pass and a 7 yard sack Tulane was faced with a 3rd and 17. Moore dropped back and released the ball before getting drilled by the Mike linebacker blitz it was a rocket to Jeremy Williams in the back of the endzone a 40 yard touchdown giving Tulane the lead (32-31). Tulane got the ball back after an interception by safety Harson. True freshman Stephen Barnett who had been playing for the injured Andre Anderson caught fire and ran 62 yards to put Tulane up by eight points. Tulane seemed to have Tulsa stopped 4th and 14 but G.Kinne connected with the playmaker Shelly for a 24 yard touchdown and then finding him again in the back of the endzone making it a tie game.

Tulsa won the toss and elected to recieve but didn't pick up a first down settling for a 42 yard field goal. Tulane however didn't suffer the same fate a dump off to Helm set them up with great field position and Barnett eventually ran it in on 3rd down and goal winning the game for Tulane.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:58 AM   #10
Rookie

Scoring

1st quarter
Tulsa TD- S.Shelly 96 yard kickoff return (XP good)
Tulane FG- 39 yards by R.Thevnot
Tulane FG- 36 yards by R.Thevnot
Tulsa TD- J.Meyer 18 yard pass from G.Kinne (XP good)

2nd quarter
Tulane TD- C.Harris 44 yard interception return (2-pt conversion failed)
Tulsa TD- D.Johnson 90 yard pass from G.Kinne (XP good)
Tulane FG- 34 yards by R.Thevnot

3rd quarter
Tulsa TD- K.Sims II 67 yard interception return (XP good)
Tulane TD- D.Banks 7 yard pass from K.Moore (XP good)
Tulsa FG- 24 yards by K.Fitzpatrick

4th quarter
Tulane FG- 42 yards by R.Thevnot
Tulane TD- J.Williams 40 yard pass from K.Moore (XP good)
Tulane TD- S.Barnett 62 yard run (XP good)
Tulsa TD- S.Shelly 24 yard pass from G.Kinne (2-pt good)

Overtime
Tulsa FG- 42 yards by K.Fitzpatrick
Tulane TD- S.Barnett 3 yard run

Injuries
(HB) Andre Anderson- bruised ankle should be able to play next week but since Barnett did such a good job I might just rest him

Stats
Most impressive team stat:
Tulane rush yards allowed -53
Tulane had 9 total sacks

Player of the Game:
S.Barnett 26 carries 138 yard 5.3 average 2 TDs

Passing:
K.Moore 118.6 38-61 402 yards 2TD 3INT 2 Sacks

Rushing:
S.Barnett 26 carries 138 yards 5.3 average 2TD 0Fum
A.Anderson 5 carries 16 yards 3.2 average 0TD 0Fum

Recieving:
T.Helm 14 receptions 115 yards 0TDs YAC 77
J.Williams 10 receptions 174 yards 1TD YAC 30
A.Mitchell 5 receptions 68 yards 0TD YAC 16
D.Banks 2 receptions 18 yards 1TD YAC 5

Blocking:
A.Nierman 3 pancakes, 0 sacks

Defense:
C.Ledford 5 tackles 2 TFL
I.Harson 1 tackle 1INT 0 yards
C.Harris 1 tackle 1INT 44 yards
O.Ponce de Leon 4 sacks
D.Moses 5 tackles 3 sacks
L.Kelley 4 tackles 2 sacks
T.Bryant 3 tackles 1 sack

Kicking:
R.Thevnot 4/4 Long 42

* NEW Record- Tulane 4 sacks /most in a single game O.Ponce de Leon
Old 02-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #11
Rookie

After The Game
Week 1 Win Against Tulsa

Interview:
Coach:

Q: How impressed are you with your guys right now?

A: I'm very proud of them we never gave up like we would have last season I'll admit I didn't think we were going to win especially with the way we were playing in the first half but Charles (Harris) had a little speech in the lockerroom to keep the defense motivated and to keep our minds set on what we wanted to accomplish (win).

Q: Did you know that Tyler Helm was this big of a part of the offense.?

A: In terms of athletism no I know that he is probably one of the fastest tighends in the NCAA but in terms of consistency and the 14 receptions tonight I never imagined that he would play that big of a role.

Q: Last question coach would you have considered yourself underdogs here tonight?

A: Yes Tulsa is a great football team and many were wondering if we could stop their offense and we proved that we could. I don't think anybody gave us the win tonight but hopefully people don't think this was a fluke and that we have a much better team this year.

Kevin Moore:

Q: Moore what was the difference from the first half from the second half for you?

A: I'll be honest I had butterflies alot of people had high expectations from me and Tulsa brought the pressure I just didn't feel comfortable. I made bad reads and instead of throwing it away I was trying to squeeze the ball into coverage. In the second half my offensive line did alot better picking up the blitz and I had the time to make my reads.

Q: How big of an impact was Helm to you in this game?

A: He really showed up tonight he is part of the reasons we won even though he didn't make it to the endzone he providing an extra man on the line and he helped me when I was getting blitzed he was always oppen in the flat or down the middle I could just dump it off and he would catch it and break a tackle and make a 2 yard pass into a big gain.

Q: Does it help that he is unusually fast for his position?

A: Yes it creates mismatches its like having an extra reciever that can block for you and he can out run most linebackers so if he stays consistent defenses will have to do something to stop him and that is an inconievence anytime you have to change your style of play to cover a specific guy.

Oscar Ponce de Leon:

Q: How does it feel to have set a record he at Tulane?

A: It's an honor to be apart of history here at Tulane and to have people looking back on your performance as an example.

Q: How did you have so much success?

A: Well two of my sacks came from busted up screen plays and they barely bumped me so I had a clear path to the quarterback I saw where the runningback was going and got in the middle of the passing lane I threw my arms up and the quarterback hesitated just enough for me to be able to bring him down for the sack.

Q: Last question for the day, if you would have to say what your best attribute is what would you say?

A: My first step I may be big but I usually beat the guard and center off the ball and I usually am in the backfield before they even get a hand on me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #12
Rookie

sorry im new to this so i know it probably sucks i am going to take a little break and hopefully get a better layout i probably won't continue the tulane dynasty instead i will probably be doing a bengals franchise instead maybe i will do better if it is a team i actually know sorry again but if you are interested i should be starting that dynasty either later today or in a couple of days

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »