Home

The Next Big Thing

This is a discussion on The Next Big Thing within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

OVR: 15
The Lone Star

"Oliver takes the snap, moves around, he is scrambling, they got him, noo, breaks the tackle, and he is gone, the thirty, the twenty and touchdown, I'm telling you, this kid is amazing, he is the next Michael Vick. I will quit my job right now to be this kid's agent, he is the next big thing"

Interview with Chris Mayock
"Welcome, Tavares, good to have you here"
"Pleasure is mines, Chris"
"Let's talk about your future. Many scouts say that you were underrated college player, but not a NFL player, what do you have to say? cause I personally like you as a quarter-back"
"Thank you, I think i could revolutionize my position. Since Vick, no one has had success as a scrambler, I'm ready for the next step. I believe in my abilities, and I believe my abilities are the best. "
"Thank you for your time"

(Please tell me if you're following. give me comments on how to improve)

Last edited by Thugger Jackson; 02-20-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
Rookie

DRose131's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The Next Big Thing

sounds good
Old 02-20-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

The Beginning of A Legend
Tavares Oliver's Early Childhood

Born and raise in Dallas, Texas, Tavares was a fan of the Cowboys. His dad worked in a factory and his mom was a kinder garden teacher. At the age of 8, Tavares older brother, Tito, was diagnosed with leukemia cancer. His dad couldn't afford treatment so he was under public care. He died one year later. Tito, who was fourteen at the time, was the star quarter-back of Southern High Mustangs. Tavares wanted to follow his brother's footstep but was too small to play football. He excelled in both tracks and baseball. At the age of thirteen, tragedy stuck the Oliver's again. Tavares' dad , Eugene, had died of a heart attack. The family moved to Austin where Tavares mom got a job as an assistant. There, Tavares' academics and athleticism got him a scholarship to Southern Methodist University. He participated in tracks. It was during one fall practice that a scout for the SMU Mustangs saw Tavares running.
"He was the fastest guy I had ever seen" said the scout.
Tavares was brought into the football team as a receiver. During a conference game, Tavares was placed in as a running back since the starting running back came down with an injury. It was during a trick play that everyone realize how good Tavares is. It was supposed to be a half-back pass that usually gains five yards. Tavares threw the ball 55 yards down the field for a touchdown. A legend was born. He was placed under center for the next 33 games at SMU. He never won a award, nor a championship. Tavares was hungry for victory.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:42 PM   #4
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

Welcome to the NFL

With the 79th overall pick in the draft, the Houston Texans select Tavares Oliver from SMU.

It was more like a insurance pick. Matt Schaub's health was in question, so the Texans brought home state native Tavares Oliver as the janitor to clean up if Schaub was to once again get injured. For Tavares, he was just happy to play in the NFL. He knew that this was no longer college and that school spirit and brotherhood don't exist here. He wasn't looking for the second string spot, he was looking to be the next big thing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MyBannerMaker_Banner(2).jpg (72.2 KB, 43 views)
Old 02-20-2010, 04:46 PM   #5
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

Unfortunate Events

For so long, Taveres has been on the wrong end of unfortunate events. This time, he is one the other side. Quarterback Matt Schaub is injured and it is Taveres time to shine.

(How you guys like it so far? I don't like the way I tell the story, will you prefer Taveres point of view?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2010, 04:51 PM   #6
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

tell me if you;re following so that i don't drop it. i'm gonna play some games in the season and give a season recap. as the superstar gets deeper and better, i will do month by month analysis.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:11 PM   #7
Rookie

DRose131's Arena

you should do olivers point of view if youd like and im following so dont delete it, I dont read any other RTG's so it would be cool to read this one from scratch.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:13 PM   #8
Rookie

DRose131's Arena

And also most people who follow don't comment so don't get worried if noone is telling you their following it

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »