Home

The Diary of Matthew "Rust" Peterson (NCAA Football '09)

This is a discussion on The Diary of Matthew "Rust" Peterson (NCAA Football '09) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2010, 11:33 PM   #1
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29
The Diary of Matthew "Rust" Peterson (NCAA Football '09)

A while back, I started a Diary of a quarterback by the name of Jordan Mooney. I almost played through a full season with him at the University of Michigan, and ended up not having the time to finish it up. He was doing pretty well too.

Anyway, this is going to be my new Diary, of Matthew "Rust" Peterson. A quarterback originally from Ohio, who had to move to Kentucky for reasons that you will find out later.

I'm hoping to not only make this about football, but fun life stuff as well. Hopefully it'll be entertaining for you guys to read, and I really hope you all enjoy it, and follow as Matthew goes through life as a college football quarterback.

Thanks for reading. I look forward to getting this thing going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2010, 11:35 PM   #2
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

Re: The Diary of Matthew "Rust" Peterson (NCAA Football '09)

[Stats]

Name
: Matthew "Rust" Peterson
Hometown: Edgewood, Kentucky
High School: Edgewood High School
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 208 lbs.
Favorite College Football Team: Tennessee Volunteers (not real die-hard however)

Position: Quarterback

Last edited by WWF80sKid; 03-31-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:53 PM   #3
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

OVR: 15

i will be following
Old 03-30-2010, 11:55 PM   #4
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesleypro
i will be following
Thank you. I appreciate it - and hope I entertain you.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:07 AM   #5
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

[Wednesday - November 14, 2007]

I'm trying to think of a nice way to start off writing in this thing, but it's been so long since I've had a diary, or "journal" if you want to be manly about it...

All I can keep thinking about, is the beginning of Varsity Blues...Mox, looking at his picture of him and his buddies playing football. And thinking about all of those years, where football was a way of life...

This is a little different though. You see, football hasn't always been a way of life for me, it was just a game to play, when me and my buddies got bored. However, it quickly became something that I did to take my mind off the pain.

Football causes pain, doesn't it? That's what most people would think. But to be honest, nothing could cause more pain than what happened to me on July 28, 2002.

On that day, my mom and dad - Linda and Jack Peterson, were killed by a drunk driver, coming home from a nice night out, having dinner, on their anniversary. 25 years...a long time to be together nowadays.

Back then, I lived in Troy, Ohio, which is about 15-20 minutes North of Dayton. But on that day, when my parents were both taken from me in a blink of an eye, life changed.

I changed schools, I changed homes, I changed my way of thought. I had to move to Kentucky. Edgewood to be exact. With my Uncle Randy, who is one of the nicest people you could ever meet, but could also be an a*****e if you did him wrong.

My Uncle Randy was my dad's brother, and they were very close in age. Him and I went through this horrible accident together, talking it out, crying, and just fighting to get through it.

After moving to Kentucky, I continued to play football, just like I had all through elementary school, and the part of junior high that I spent in Ohio.

But something was different in Kentucky. Was I better? Or was everyone else worse? I guess we'll see, because Edgewood High School is in the state playoffs, and Friday night, we take on Florence.

I'm dedicating this game to my parents of course...but that doesn't make it different from any other game, as I dedicate all of them to my parents. But this one is special. Because this is the first year that we've made it to the playoffs. We usually get beaten out by Jeffersontown, who for some reason always has our number. Of course Jeffersontown plays Harrodsburg, and if they win (which they will), we'll have to play them next round - if we win...which we will as well!

Now I hate to run, but Celeste is here, and I don't want her knowing that her quarterback boyfriend has his very own girly diary...

Last edited by WWF80sKid; 03-31-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2010, 12:21 AM   #6
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

[The Diary of Matthew "Rust" Peterson]
[Saturday - November 17, 2007]

Well, we're past the first stepping stone. Florence went down without much of a fight, 55-14. Our team has always been solid, but I was pretty proud, and surprised. The biggest thing I hate about our team, are the uniform colors...we look like the damn Steelers out there.

Anyway, I didn't fair too bad. Only throwing one pick, and scoring two passing TDs, and two rushing. Not much of a rushing guy, but if I can find a hole into the endzone, I'm in there...that's what she said...

Also got to see my best friend in the whole world, Myron Kelly have one hell of a game, running the ball for well over 150 yards, and scoring two rushing touchdowns, and one receiving.

Myron is a little younger than me. He's obviously are starting running back, and he took me under his wing the minute I arrived in Edgewood. He lost his dad when he was about eight, so him and I had something in common, that many people don't understand - until they're older. His mom is still up and kicking it though. And she's the sweetest lady in the world.

While I'm talking about everyone, I might as well mention Celeste. I mentioned her a little in my last entry, but wanted to make that a little more clear.

Celeste is my girlfriend, and has been for about two years now. She's one of our cheerleaders, which is awesome, because she gets to see all of our games. She's such a sweet and caring person, and she's also hot as hell! Don't just ask me, ask anyone...I lucked out when I got her. Don't know what I did to get her, but I'll do everything I can to hold on to her. She has both of her parents, and they are awesome. A little strict, but it's all good.

Anyway, back to the game...here are my stats...

Passing
15/19 • 333 Yds • 2 TDs • 1 INT

Rushing
2 TDs

Scouts Visiting
#25 Wake Forest
Purdue
North Carolina

I honestly think that Coach Fowler should have taken me out way before he did. But he likes to run up the score - something that I think is unsportsmanlike and basically just a prick thing to do.

Like I mentioned Varsity Blues in my first entry - Fowler reminds me of Kilmer, the coach from that movie. Just a big old prick who will do what he can to win, and will try to make the other team look foolish. I'm not like that, but we've got to listen to the old jackass.

Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention, Harrodsburg ended up upsetting Jeffersontown, who usually has our number...so next Friday night, we'll suit up against Harrodsburg.

And one more thing, I have a cousin who plays linebacker for Hazard, and if they win their next game, and we win ours, we'll have to play them. I'd really hate to make my cousin look bad in the state playoffs, but hey, I've got to go out there and get the W! Just ask Coach Fowler...

Last edited by WWF80sKid; 03-31-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:31 AM   #7
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

OVR: 15

very good, will you import this to madden 10(if not, rent madden, import him into a superstar and send me the file and i will finish it for you) then you could make him a coach in Head Coach 09(which i have), its the fun cycle!lmao. anyways, here is a tip, don't enter an entry after every game, it will get boring, when you get in college, do one every month or after a big game, good job so far, ad pics and vids if possible
Old 03-31-2010, 12:39 AM   #8
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

Yeah, I would love to do pics and vids, but not exactly sure how to get all of that hooked up to make it possible. If it's easy, I'll do it. I don't have XBox live, which is a bummer, but it's okay.

I may import it into Madden '09 - this is NCAA '09. We'll see. If so, it'll be interesting to see what all he does.

Thanks for the comments man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »