Home

The American Football Association

This is a discussion on The American Football Association within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2010, 10:36 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: The American Football Association

Name : Isaac Eggleton
Position: TE
Jersey Number: 85
Height: 6-8
Weight: 265
Hand: Right
Team: Columbus
Skin Color: Light
TE Style: Big with decieving speed still not very fast but can break away and has exceptional hands (Jason Witten)
Addtional info:brown Buzzcut,elbow wrist bands small blue, white half sleeves, white small tape on ankles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 2

Guys he already cut off the created players check the last page. So please stop adding new ones.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:45 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DATJ717
Guys he already cut off the created players check the last page. So please stop adding new ones.
Unfortunately for a couple of you, DATJ717 is correct. The last created player that I will be adding to start the season was the RB Rizzo from page 4. And I don't want to ruin anything, but I might have a little bad news for him as well...

A couple of things regarding this franchise, some good news and some bad:

1. After doing a lot of reading and reviewing of Backbreaker, I have decided against purchasing for the time being. This means that this 'chise won't continue on Backbreaker.

2. The good news is that I did create all 32 teams on Create a Team in Madden 10, have begun the season, and will be continuing to post the 'chise through that. I wanted to be able to upload some highlights and things, and I wasn't sure if BB would let me do that, so I thought I would just play in Madden 10. The only downside to this is that there is a lack of logos, so a few of the teams have really crappy logos, or a few duplicated.

3. Like I said before, a handful of the created player requests didn't make it in before I started the season. However, I will create these players for the draft, so you all will be on year 2. I will do my best to ensure that you get drafted by your selected team.

4. I am going to sim most of the pre-season, and get right into it.

Thanks for all of you who are following, and sorry that you all didn't make it in this first season!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:01 AM   #44
Rookie

Knights, Rage Open Pre-season for AFA

The AFA kicked off their inaugural game of the season last night in New York City, albeit just a pre-season affair. The New York Knights fell to the Los Angeles Rage 29-20 in a game AFA Commissioner Larry Page called "the start of the new generation of football in the USA."

From the opening kickoff, the Rage looked dominant. Rage QB Dustin Clayton completed this pass for an early first down, and LA jumped out to an early 10-0 lead after the first quarter.

It was the LA defense, however, that looked to be the most dominant. LA defensive end Heath Kemp looked virtually unblockable, securing two sacks and a number of hurries in the first 2 quarters. NY Knights starting QB Ryan Simms found himself on the ground early and often...

Early in the third quarter, LA continued its defensive prowess, recording this safety to increase the lead to 22-7.

New York managed to close the gap as both teams brought on second and third string players throughout the second half. NY backup QB Kraig Burney hit Courtney Mincey on this pass to cut the lead to 22-20, but the Rage scored once more late to close out the scoring.

All AFA teams will play a quick 2 game pre-season schedule before the season officially gets underway.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:08 AM   #45
Rookie

Springfield WildCats Dealt Major Blow Before Season Begins

The Springfield Wildcats suffered the first major injury of the season, as starting running back Adam Rizzo suffered a torn ACL in the Wildcats 20-10 preseason win over the San Antonio Wranglers.

"I heard it pop, and I knew it was bad. I don't know how long it will be, but I may be out all year. It's disappointing." Trovon Snead will take over as the feature back in Springfield's offense.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2010, 10:21 AM   #46
Rookie

Pre-Season Over, Teams Ready for the Real Thing

It's finally here -- what AFA players, coaches and fans alike have all been waiting for: The Regular Season. Enough of this pre-season exhibition garbage, it's time for some real football!

The Orlando Nighthawks and Baton Rouge VooDoo will kickoff the regular season tonight in a battle of two teams who each went 1-1 in the pre-season.

What we know about each team:

Orlando maintains a balanced offensive attack, led by RB Emmitt Ambles and WR TJ Sizemore. QB Corey Best has been solid, but unspectacular in the preseason. The Nighthawks' D is led by their athletic secondary, but the run defense may be suspect.

Baton Rouge is a defensive minded squad, led by LB Jay Richardson. Richardson recorded one INT and 2 sacks in his short time playing in the pre-season, and could be a game-changer. The Voo Doo showed promise in the pre-season, but QB Melvin Tanner was often careless with the football, turning the ball over far too often for liking. We don't know much about either of these teams yet, but give the early edge to Baton Rouge, as this will be a home game for them.

Prediction: Baton Rouge 24, Orlando 20

Old 05-24-2010, 10:32 AM   #47
Rookie

Nighthaws Outlast Voo Doo in Week 1 Game of the Week

Defense and special teams ruled for Orlando in their opening week match against Baton Rouge, as the Nighthawks defeated the Voo Doo 27-17 in Baton Rouge.

The Voo Doo looked to jump out early, as LB Jay Richardson forced this fumble on Orlando's opening possession:

However, it would be the Nighthawks' D who made the first major play of the game. CB JR Bishop intercepted this Melvin Tanner pass and returned it 104 yards for the game's first score:

Orlando's offense was paced by RB Emmitt Ambles, who finished the game with 117 yards a 1 TD, and WR TJ Sizemore, shown here. Sizemore caught 4 passes for 58 yards in the contest.

With Orlando led 20-17 with just over three minutes to play, Baton rouge looked to have one last chance to tie the game up. However, this punt was fumbled, and Edwin Stratton picked it up and glided in for the Nighthawks score, sealing the victory.

Orlando will face the Columbia Pirates next week, and Baton Rouge will battle the Akron Kings.

Last edited by nashvegasryan; 05-25-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:55 AM   #48
Rookie

Recap of Other Week One Action....(a couple highlights to be added shortly)

Memphis HoundDogs 31, Syracuse Storm 13

Memphis QB Gino Epps completes 18 of 31 passes for 249 yards, 4 TD and 1 INT as Memphis jumps to a 17-0 lead in the first quarter, and never looks back. Donny Barkley adds 116 yards and a score on the ground for the HoundDogs

Columbia Pirates 15, Springfield Wildcats 7

Springfield looks as if they sorely miss HB Adam Rizzo, as they only can manage one score on the day. Backup HB Trovon Snead rushes for 60 yards on 19 carries, but Springfield can not overcome Columbia QB Harlos Mason's 171 yards passing and one score on the ground.

Birmingham Rebels 45, Columbus Dynamite 21

Columbus only produces 130 yards on offense, as starting QB Chris Cannon is still nursing an ankle injury from the pre-season. HB Maurice Clarett rushes 8 times for 35 yards in his first game after his long layoff in jail. The Rebels are led by QB Shane Appleton, who completes 15 of 27 passes for 157 yards and 3 TD's

Boise Stallions 23, Omaha Warriors 16

The Stallions score 10 points in the fourth to come from behind for the victory over Omaha. Boise rotates in two quarterbacks in a game that I didn't write many details down.

Jacksonville Crocs 33, Louisville Express 21

Express QB Justin Bolt threw for 303 yards and 3 TD's, but also handed out 3 picks. The Crocs used a balanced attack, as QB Fernando Bennett threw for 161 yards and 2 scores, and Boar Irvin rushed for 110 yards and 1 TD of his own.

Scranton Miners 24, Jackson Dragons 17

Both teams lose their starting quarterbacks early in the game due to injury, and Scranton holds off a late Jackson rally to take a touchdown victory. Scranton RB Anthony Trapp rushes for 111 yards and a TD, and Bam Boston leads the Dragons with 6 receptions for 116 yards.

Little Rock Vikings 34, Portland Pioneers 0

Either Little Rock is very good, or Portland is very bad...or maybe both? Regardless, Little Rock QB Ted McDowell throws for 223 yards a 2 scores in a blowout. Portland only managed 105 yards total offense, and QB Carnell Law throws 4 picks before getting benched.

Madison Beavers 34, Wichita Bulls 7

Beavers QB Cody Hayes throws for 275 and two scores, both to WR Jack Mason. Wichita turns the ball over 3 times, and never really had a chance in this contest.

Atlantic City Gamblers 34, Tulsa Fury 7

The Gamblers win big, but it may prove costly as starting QB Johnnie Mitchell is lost for several months due to a dislocated hip. Moe Kato fills in for Mitchell and goes 20 for 44 for 195 yards and a score. Amusingly-named Tulsa QB Jamal Love throws three picks in defeat.

LA Rage 30, Las Vegas Vipers 3

Vipers QB Graham Harrell was supposed to be one of the bigger names in the league, but sure didn't play that way in his opener, going 15 for 34 for 88 yards and 4 INT's. The Rage defense looked unstoppable, as DE Heath Kemp recorded 4 sacks. LA HB Stacey Norris rushed for 132 yards and 2 TD's in the blow-out victory.

Provo Crusaders 13, Spokane Loggers 6

A boring game deserves a boring write-up. Neither team scores in the second half. Provo QB Gerald Pullard throws for 178 yards.

San Antonio Wranglers 34, Santa Fe Road Runners 24

Road Runners QB Barron Jacobs throws for 333 yards and 3 TD's, but 3 INT's prove too much to overcome. San Antonio rides the arm of Darrien Hill to victory, as he goes 20 for 36 for 210 yards and 3 scores.

Flint Mustangs 21, Akron Kings 17

In one of the most exciting games of Week 1, Flint scores 21 unanswered points in the fourth quarter to come from behind and defeat Akron. QB Jay McLaughlin struggled most of the day , but ends the game 15 for 28 for 185 yards, 1 TD and 2 INT's, including the game winning strike to WR Bruce Bishop. HB Devon White was held in check all game, rushing 13 times for 26 yards.

Hartford Bandits 51, Providence Surge 10

The Bandits jump to a 48-0 lead in one of the most lopsided games of Week 1. QB Dwight McMullen rules, throwing for 358 yards and 6 TD's. Three Bandit's WR's go for over 90 yards: Julian McGwire, Kirk Dufree, and Tre Penn.

Richmond Gorillas 36, NY Knights 21

New York appeared to outplay Richmond, but three turnovers from NY QB Ryan Simms proved to be costly. Simms throws for 263 yards, but throws 1 INT and fumbled twice, and Richmond pulls away late. Gorillas QB Rich Gardwin throws for 202 yards in the victory.

Last edited by nashvegasryan; 05-24-2010 at 11:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »