Old 06-07-2010, 02:00 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 26
Re: Vol Nation

Scenario Set up
6:30pm
April 2010
Knoxville TN

Jim and his son Travis are setting at home going over some game film from the past few years of all the SEC competition. They have been so busy over past couple months that it is nice to get to set down and relax. They are talking about coverages and stuff that defenses are running.

Jim: Son do you care to run those tapes that we done watched over to Joes? He needs to go over them so he can figure out what Offense he thinks will be best for spring.

Travis: Naw. I'll take em here in a little bit, but uh dad theres something I have been wanting to talk to you about.

Jim: Yea sure son, whats been on your mind?

Travis: Well you know Brandon and me are a year apart. I have been thinking a lot about it and I realized that I'd like to play all 4 years with him. So i wanted to see what you would think about me possibly redshirting my freshman year. I just want us to be together all 4 years of College and this way we can develop chemistry even more then we did in Highschool.

Jim: Well, son we can do that if it's truly what you want. I can understand you wanting to play with your brother all 4 years. I'll go get the paperwork monday and we will redshirt you this upcoming season.

Travis: Thanks dad I appreciate it. I'll practice and do everything to the best of my abilities. I'll practice and study just as if I was getting to play. You can count on me dad, this is great! Well I am going to run thos etapes over to Joe i'll see ya in a bit.

Jim: Your welcome son, and yea make sure he gets those.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:36 AM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakan31
March 2010

Team Meeting
5:00pm

Everyone on the team has gathered at mid field to await the arrival of there new head coach. They are all talking and discussing what to expect and such then all of the sudden a whistle blows loudly!!

Coach: Why hello men, How are we this evening?

Team: Good evening,

Coach: Now we got to get to know one another, I am your new head coach Jim Carswell and along side me are your Offensive Coordinator and Defensive Coordinator Mr. Joe Cuningham and Mr.Robert Burns. We have printed out copies of Each one of us's history as a coach and give you details of our life up til this point. I would like it if everyone on you will do the same for me, Just write up a biography of yourself and give it to me when we come to practice this coming monday.

Coach: Now if you need to get in contact with me my cell number is on there as well as my email. So do not be afraid to contact me. I am your coach I am here and I am dedicated to big Orange football. I will dismiss you by saying this, We will practice like a team, Play like a team, and above all Win as a team! Bring it in.........Ok now on the count of 3 I wanna hear Vol Pride! We are going to rebuild this program and get it going again I hope you boys will follow me and allow me to lead you the best I can.....Ok 1.....2......3......VOL PRIDE!!!!!

Coach: Alright it's great meeting you guys and have your Biography ready monday and we will meet at 5pm for weight training I'll see you then.

[Coach exits and heads back to his office it's time to get the practce regimen ready]

March 2010
Team Meeting/First Practice
5:00pm
Tennessee Vols

Team is gathered around inside the weight room awaiting coach Carswell. They have all done as he ask and wrote up biographies for him. as they talk and so on.........whistle blows loudly!!!

Coach: Good Evening boys, How is everyone today? Now today's session is going to be a little bit longer than our first meeting, and I see you all have your biographies. (Begins to collect them) Now today I want to talk with you about what our plans are for the next 4 months, Today we will have an hour of weight training, you will split up into groups and do chest and back.

Coach: Also, we will be timing you in the 40 yard dash. Then on top of that we will spend the last hour or so talking about this upcoming season and just what we are going to do to prepare for it. So, everyone get into groups begin working out me and the other coaches will be walking around to help you and guide you. Boys remember we are in rebuild mode........you wanna win championships it starts today! Everybody in........on the count of three Vol Pride....1......2......3......VOL PRIDE!!!!!

Coach: Now let's get to work.

Last edited by Trakan31; 06-07-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:02 AM   #19
Pro

May 2010
CSBN 2010 Season Outlook
SEC
Tennessee Volunteers

2010 Schedule:

Sept. 4, 2010Tennessee Martin
Sept. 11, 2010Oregon
Sept. 18, 2010Florida
Sept. 25, 2010UAB
Oct. 2, 2010at LSU
Oct. 9, 2010at Georgia
Oct. 23, 2010Alabama
Oct. 30, 2010at South Carolina
Nov. 6, 2010at Memphis
Nov. 13, 2010Ole Miss
Nov. 20, 2010at Vanderbilt
Nov. 27, 2010Kentucky

2010 Recruiting Board
Top 5

1. Travis Carswell 6'2 183 WR
2. Antonio Pritchett 6'0 192 RB
3. Jason Reynolds 6'5 291 T
4. Brandon Ball 6'3 311 G
5. Peter Hartman 6'3 227 MLB

SEC Pre Season Standings

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. LSU
4. Georgia
5. Auburn
6. Tennessee
7. Arkansas
8. Ole Miss
9. South Carolina
10. Vanderbilt
11. Kentucky
12. Mississippi State

Last edited by Trakan31; 03-09-2011 at 06:10 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:37 AM   #20
Pro

CSBN Report
May 2010
College Recruiting Central

Rockwall High Star to Announce Decision
# 9 WR T. Carswell Host Press Conference
Rockwall High Gym at 6pm

Coach Sawyer: Welcome everyone here tonight and thank you for coming out to support one of Rockwall Highs finest young men. So now let me introduce you to our leading WR in Rockwall High history and the all time leader in Receiving Yards and TDs. I give you Travis Carswell!!!!!
(Crowd Applauds and Cheers as he makes his way to podium!)

Travis: Thank you Thank You! First of all I want to say thanks to my family and friends for pushing me and letting this day become a reality. I also want to thank my school and the teachers and staff, and last but not least I want to thank my dad and also coach for believing in me and giving me the oppurtunities to achieve all these goals. These past four years have been the best of my life to this point and I am truly going to miss those friday night lights. Some of the best times ever happened on that field down there, I remember when I was a freshman and coach put me in towards the end of one of our games as a kick returner and i was praying they wouldn't kick it to me haha....but they did and i took off and the next thing I knew I looked over and I was on the sideline and seen everyone running and screaming for me to go go go!! Then in the next weeks game I returned 2 kickoffs for TDs and also had a receiving TD. If it wasn't for all the hard work and dedication from my coaches and family I don't know if I would be here today. But I'm not going to run you through the history of my HS days because now it's time for me to move on to bigger and better things. Now as you all know I have got offers from top schools and it's been a long and tideous time going through all the recruting and visits and such. I have cut my list down to 3 schools and they are as follows 1. Tennessee 2. Texas 3. Miami

Now as most of you already know my father Jim Carswell became the new headcoach of the Tennessee Volunteers. So with that being said and knowing how awesome it will be to play for my father for the next 4 years I will be attending the University of Tennessee!!!

So I wanna thank everyone and thank god for the oppurtunities ahead of me and my coach. So on the count of 3 lets here Go Big Orange!!

1......2.....3.....GO BIG ORANGE!!! GO BIG ORANGE!!! GO BIG ORANGE!!!

Old 06-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

You're putting a lot of effort into this. It looks amazing. Keep it up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 04:59 PM   #22
Pro

CSBN REPORT
May 2010
Depth Chart 2010
Tennessee Volunteers

Headcoach: Jim Carswell
Team Color: Orange & White

Tennessee Volunteers - 2011 Depth Chart - Regular Offense
Starter2nd3rd4th
WR#4 Gerald Jones#10 Marsalis Teague#83 Zach Rogers
TE#88 Luke Stocker#39 Ben Bartholomew
LT# 71 Dallas Thomas#70 JaWaun James
LG#75 JerQuan Schofield#74 Jarrod Shaw
C#77 Cody Pope#52 Victor Thomas
RG#74 Jarrod Shaw#60 Carson Anderson
RT#70 JaWuan James#76 Daniel Hood
WR#6 Denarius Moore#80 Ted Meline#89 Matt Milton
QB#2 Matt Simms#8 Tyler Bray
FB#45 Kevin Cooper#23 Sam Edgemon
HB#28 Taurean Poole#27 David Oku #33 Toney Williams
Tennessee Volunteers - 2011 Depth Chart - Base 4-3 Defense

Starter2nd3rd4th
LDE#99 Ben Martin#57 Gerald Williams
LDT#58 Marlon Walls#98 Rae Sykes
RDT#93 Montori Hughes#97 Chase Nelson
RDE#84 Chris Walker#96 Willie Bohanon
WLB#42 Lamarcus Thompson#45 Shane Reveiz
MLB#48 Greg King#34 Herman Leathers
SLB#56 Nick Reveiz#40 Austin Johnson
CB#24 Eric Gordon#36 Anthony Anderson
SS#3 Darren Myles
FS#15 Janzen Jackson
CB#25 Art Evans#12 Nyshier Oliver
Tennessee Volunteers - 2011 Depth Chart - Special Teams

Starter2nd3rd4th
K#26 Daniel Lincoln
P#96 Chad Cunningham
H#8 Tyler Bray
PR#4 Gerald Jones
KR#4 Gerald Jones#10 Marsalis Teague
LS

Last edited by Trakan31; 06-08-2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:53 AM   #23
Pro

Scenario Set Up
May 2010

The house the Carswell family has been waiting on to be built is finally finished, it was built in Farragut Tennessee along with a barn and horse stables. They have bought 37 acres of land and own it is goign to be their family farm along with there home.

Diane and Brandon have came all the way from Rockwall TX to Farragut TN to meet up with Jim and Travis so they can all go visit the home and farm together. This is big for the family and they all cannot wait to move in it together and begin their new life in Tennessee.

Last edited by Trakan31; 06-08-2010 at 08:09 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:24 AM   #24
Pro

CSBN Report
Tennessee Volunteers
Position Outlook

The Tennessee Volunteers have had ups and downs but this past offseason they acquired a new headcoach in Jim Carswell. The vols have been practicing and training very hard and now this is the first look at each position with coaches thoughts on them.

Quarter Backs:
It was a bitter fight between two JR Matt Simms and Freshman Tyler Bray for the starting job. Matt Sims won the job even though Tyler has been working very hard and making great progress. Simms seems to have the better grasp of running the plays leading to better decisions. Now these two QBs are both good just one posesses more qualities then the other.

Running Backs:
Sophomore Tuarean Poole has won the job at running back which is one of the better jobs in all of college football. Tennessee is a run 1st, pass 2nd team and Poole will see a lot of carries in each game. David Oku will also see a lot of time in the backfield to spell Poole here and there and will play extended amounts of time when the game is out of hand. Freshman Toney Williams will also get some play time, but it will be limited as he is #3 on the depth chart. Kevin Cooper will start at fullback and being a Junior will for sure help the team to run more 2 tight end and fullback led offense sets since he is such a big experienced Fullback.

Wide Receivers:
Tennessee has 4 pretty decent wide receivers for Simms to throw too. Gerald Jones will be the main target at wide receiver, but Junior Denarius Moore will no doubt get his looks as he has the most talent, but the fastest of the 4. Zach Rogers will be the slot receiver, but he may get chances to start or see extended time on the field as he is the more possesion type guy. Look to see him in during a lot of must need 3rd down conversions. Marsalis Teague will be the #4 receiver and will not see much time on the field, but his return ability will get him in there any way possible.

Tight Ends:
Luke Stocker is the best weapon the Vols have on offense being so big and agile. The Senior is expected to make waves this season and move his stock up in the NFL draft next year. Sophmore Ben Bartholomew will also see quite a bit of time on the field. He is not real tall but he is real strong and has great hands and is the best blocker of the TEs. Matchups will be his strengths as well as a change of pace.

Offensive Line:
The hogs are a staple of Tennessee football. Tennessee is known for producing quality offensive linemen for the NFL and this group is no different. If all goes well this group will still be around in tact next season as well.

Defensive Line:
This is the area where the least experience is, but the vols are strong in this area of the team. Montori Hughes and Marlon Walls will be the main hogs in the middle and they should do well as the season goes along. Sykes and Nelson are upperclassmen but lack on the filed experience.

Linebackers:
Arguably the strongest part of the defense. Nick Reviez will be the driving force of the linebackers coming back from a knee injury last season and along side him is Senior Lamarcus Thompson. It shouldn't be a tough time for Tenessee seeing as they can hold their own through out the season.

Secondary:
The secondary for the Vols is not great or flashy, they are lacking experience at every position. They are young in the secondary with 3 true freshman starting and if one guy goes down there may not be someone that can step in and have the ability to rotate in an to play any position this will be a shaky secondary throughout the season.

Special Teams:
This group will be able to give the offense short fields quite often. The kickers are looking well in tact, the return game isn't all it could be as Tennessee just doesn't have a big threat to take it to the house.

Last edited by Trakan31; 06-08-2010 at 08:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »