Home

The Diary of Benjamin Taylor

This is a discussion on The Diary of Benjamin Taylor within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2010, 02:16 PM   #9
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The Diary of Benjamin Taylor

This looks good.. Keep going with it
Old 06-10-2010, 02:33 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplaya2724
This is really good I can't wait to see what college you go to
Thanks for following. I hope to have everytyhing written through Signing Day today...
Old 06-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #11
Rookie

December 25

Merry Christmas! I’ll give you an update of everything that has been going on these last couple of weeks since our loss in the Championship Game….

I’ve been working out a lot, trying to get bigger and stronger. I’m not that big, like 6’3, and I’m still pretty skinny – only like 185 pounds. Dad said it would be good if I could get to up to 200 before next year.

Other than that, I’ve had a lot of help putting together my highlight tapes and sending them out to various schools. Dad keeps telling me that MTSU has me on their radar, and that I shouldn’t worry about trying to get any other offers…unless of course, Notre Dame comes calling. I think that’s the only school he would be okay with me moving away to. I don't think I'm really on Notre Dame’s list, though, so that may be a bit of a fairly tale. Who knows, though?! Rudy did it, maybe I can too.....lol.

The good news is that I have received a few D1 offers. Kent State, Western Kentucky, Akron, and Navy have all offered me a scholarship. I would love to make an official visit to Kent State or Western Kentucky. They are both probably in my Top Five right now, although Dad says it’s pretty much MTSU and everyone else. I have talked to some of the coaching staff over at Vanderbilt, too. They are at least still located in Nashville, and I wouldn't be too far from home. I don’t know what they think of me, but maybe I could convince them to give me a shot. Oh well.

I still have at least a couple of months before I really have to make a decision. Hopefully, these next few months go well, and I find a good home for the next four years!

Last edited by A_True_Fan; 06-10-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2010, 02:59 PM   #12
Rookie

January 12

Hey...I just got back from a long trip of visiting some campuses with the family during Winter Break. Dad drove me up to see a bunch of schools in Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana. We hit Notre Dame, Kent State, Akron, Western Kentucky, and Indiana. My head is spinning, and its hard to keep all the schools apart. Here's what I remember, though:

Notre Dame: This place was awesome. A whole lot of tradition, and just cool to walk around and see the really old buildings and the stadium and everything. Dad really enjoyed it, and said that if I wanted to come here instead of MTSU, he'd understand.

Kent State: It was nice and quiet. The coaching staff really seemed interested in me, and definitely made me feel at home. I really felt that Kent State wanted me to be there and to be on their team.

Akron: I liked it well enough, and there was a really cute girl who helped show me around campus The campus seemed cool, and everything seemed very nice. I can't remember much else, though, except for the cute girl....

Western Kentucky: Western seemed to be a decent place, but I didn't really feel like I fit in there. I got the feeling that I was being recruited as an afterthought, like a couple of other guys they really wanted had backed out. Oh well. They are still on the list, but maybe down a couple of notches....This was supposed to be our last stop, but I convinced Dad to go over to Indiana and check out their campus.

Indiana: I really liked everything about Indiana -- the town, the campus, all of it seemed really cool and how a college town is supposed to feel. Dad mentioned several times that Indiana has not offered me any type of scholarship like most of the other places we had visited, and if I was going to walk on, it should be to MTSU or Notre Dame. He's probably right. But maybe I can strum up some more offers before signing day....

Last edited by A_True_Fan; 06-10-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #13
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

Wow you're dad is obsessed with Notre Date and MTSU
Old 06-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #14
Rookie

Feb. 1

Hey...Well, I think I have narrowed this thing down to a couple of schools. My high school coach has really been helping me try to get some more scholarship offers, and it seems that Vanderbilt, MTSU, and Indiana are all at least considering making me an offer. That would be great! Notre Dame still hasn't budged, but that's not really surprising...

I guess my Top Five is:

1. MTSU
2. Indiana
3. Vanderbilt
4. Notre Dame
5. Kent State

I really think it will come down to one of the first three schools. If I can get a scholarship offer from one of those three, I'll probably sign there...

Oh yeah, my coach says that Rivals has me listed as a 2 star recruit....I was hoping for three stars, but whatever, that's cool. It just means I will have more motivation to prove everyone wrong once I get on the field!
Old 06-11-2010, 10:56 AM   #15
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

Out of those three I say Vanderbilt, but it's your choice. Keep this going and have fun with it, this is great
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2010, 11:27 AM   #16
Rookie

Well, it's finally here...Signing Day. After a lot of soul searching, talking with my family, coaches, and college folks, I had a pretty good idea where I was going to head, but still didn't feel 100% confident about anytyhing...I knew I could put off making a decision if I wanted to, but I just wanted to get it over with. I told my parents last night where I was going to go, and they both congratulated me on my choice....

I checked the Rivals website this morning to see where they had me projected....MTSU. The listed Vanderbilt second, and Indiana third. Would they be right? My official decision was only a few minutes away...

Our school had a big ceremony in our gym, where all of the guys from our team made their announcements. There were about five of us, but only me and one other guy had D1 offers. We all sat down at a table, and we started going down the row announcing. I was last in line.

When it got to be my turn and they announced my name, I was short and succint with my choice. "Hey everybody, I have decided to go to...Indiana University..."

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »