Home

Clemson Tigers: Getting back to the late 80's. (NCAA11)

This is a discussion on Clemson Tigers: Getting back to the late 80's. (NCAA11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #65
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Clemson Tigers: Getting back to the late 80's. (NCAA11)

Great updates man, it was really cool to see Harvey on the Rush Leaders considering I'm doing a dynasty with him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #66
Rookie

TigerRag's Arena

OVR: 4

A Leader Emerges?
As offensive leader RB Jamie Harper goes down for three weeks, redshirt freshmen QB Tajh Boyd steps up in wet, defensive game. Coach Danny calls game "Mistake Filled"

(I'm going to be doing more subtle reports. I doubt anyone actually read the old ones anyways)

First Quarter
Defensive Slugfest. We scored off a muffed punt by Miami, and Miami drove down the field with relative ease and put up three. Ending of the first was 7-3 Clemson.

(DaQuan Bowers crushing QB Jacory Harris in the first quarter)

Second Quarter
Was dominated by Miami. They kicked a 50 yard field goal to bring it within one. 7-6 Clemson. We drove down the field and Jamie Harper got knocked out...For three weeks, which is a major hit to our offense. This is where Tajh Boyd stepped up. He drove the Tigers down the field and hit TE Dwayne Allen at the one yard line and he fumbled the ball.. Giving Miami back the ball.

(Dwanye Allen Fumbles the ball at the one yard line, giving Miami the ball back)

Miami then scored on that drive after great offensive play calling, with a 12 yard TD rush by Greg Cooper to put the Hurricanes on top. Miami 13-7. Clemson had to punt the ball on it's next drive, and Miami once again drove down the field. Capping it off with a 44 yard field goal. Miami 16-7.

We get the ball in FG range with one second left on the clock and we kick a FG to make it 16-10 going into half time.

Third Quarter
We got the ball back after half time. Tajh Boyd lead the drive with his passing and with his speed down the field. It looked like Clemson was going to go up until Andre Ellington fumbled the ball at the three yard line. ANOTHER MISTAKE.

(Andre fumbles the ball at the four yard line...ANOTHER REDZONE TURNOVER.....)

We force Miami to punt the ball back to us. Tajh drives us once again, and we start to actually find some running room on this defense and Andre caps it off with a four yard TD rush. Clemson 17-16.

(Andre with the go ahead score with 1:42 left in the third quarter)

Fourth Quarter
Defenses rule. Punts are exchanged. Clemson eventually runs the clock out.

GREAT GAME.

NCAA Scoreboard - MIami (2-1) at Clemson (3-0)
July 18, 20111234F
#17 MIami3130016
#23 Clemson737017
Top Performers
MIami - Stats
Greg Cooper - 12 att 76yards 1TD
Shayon Green - 10 Tackles
Clemson - Stats
Tajh Boyd- 16/28 191 yards,52 yds rushing
DaQuan Bowers-5TKLs, 3sacks
Team Stats Comparison
MiamiClem
First Downs1631
3rd Down Efficiency15%53%
4th Down EfficiencyNR50%
Total Yards249394
Passing Yards108191
Rushing Yards76137
Penalties-Penalty Yards2-204-45
Turnovers12
Time of Possession19:1111:19
MIami
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
Jacory Harris7/1410800
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
Graig Cooper12766.31
Damien Berry21.50
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
Leonard Hankerson3680
LaRon Byrd1220
Travis Benjamin2210
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
Shayon Green10000
Adewele Ojomo6000
Vaughn Telemaque5000
Ray Ray Armstrong3000
KickingFGM/AXPM/APTSLONG
Jake Wieclaw3/31/11051
Clemson
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
Tajh Boyd16/2819100
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
Andre Ellington21783.71
Jamie Harper 471.70
Tajh Boyd55210.00
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
Dwayne Allen6640
Xavier Dye3470
Marquan Jones1 310
Terrance Ashe3290
Brandon Clear1180
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
DaQuan Bowers5300
DeAndre McDaniel5000
Scotty Cooper4000
KickingFGM/AXPM/APTSLONG
Richard Jackson1/12/2534
Old 07-18-2010, 09:22 PM   #67
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

WOW! That's all I can say, what a game. Even if you beat the Canes
Old 07-18-2010, 09:40 PM   #68
Rookie

TigerRag's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigman815
Same ones I used. & no problem
I used the sliders in the Miami game which obviously gave me a really nice tight score. Thanks, i'll probably be keeping these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arton86
HAHA! Is that really a LOLB from Illinois with 900 passing yards? :P
I thought the same thing! It's really weird. I guess their QB went down and he had the highest pass ratings or something. Who knows? But it's definitely there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplaya2724
Great updates man, it was really cool to see Harvey on the Rush Leaders considering I'm doing a dynasty with him.
Yeah, I saw Harvey did great in your first game of your dynasty. He's definitely a good RB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplaya2724
WOW! That's all I can say, what a game. Even if you beat the Canes

Yeah, it was definitely the best game i've had on NCAA11...No ESPN score though, wtf?

Also, is there anything I can add or do to make the presentation better? Thanks for the comments guys.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:52 PM   #69
Who we upset this year?

Clonefan84's Arena

OVR: 21

Good stuff man, not sure there's much to add that will make it any better. Glad to see you've found a slider setting that will give you a competitive football game now (except when playing FCS).
Old 07-18-2010, 10:57 PM   #70
Rookie

TigerRag's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonefan84
Good stuff man, not sure there's much to add that will make it any better. Glad to see you've found a slider setting that will give you a competitive football game now (except when playing FCS).
Exactly, i'm hoping these will continue to give me good games. Heisman was good and all but it really just pissed me off when some of the "cheating" that occurred by the CPU
Old 07-19-2010, 12:19 AM   #71
Rookie

TigerRag's Arena

Coach Danny's State of The Team Address

It's five weeks into the college football season and Clemson's head coach discusses how the team is faring with Tigerillustrated's own Roy Philpot for Roy's monthly side article interview. This is Coach Danny's first short interview with him.

Roy Philpot: Danny, I just have to say that you have done a remarkable job thus far. You're 4-0 and off to a fast start. Can you tell me how the team is adjusting to your style of play?

Danny Ford: Well Roy, let me tell ya' somethin', these boys play dare asses off everygame. It all comes down tah wantin' it more and I can see they want it in each 'n every practice.

Roy Philphot: I agree, I have watched a lot of your practices and you have a no non-sense type of approach there. The first game, you blew out North Texas and then top #25 ranked Cincinnati. The past few games though Clemson has had it's hands full. What's changed?

Danny Ford: Well let me tell ya somethin' Roy, Auburn and Miami are no cupcakes, thar veryy good teams. In tha Auburn game we had a 17-0 lead goin' inta halftime, and in tha Miami game we had two chances tah score in the redzone but we fumbled tha ball away.

Roy Philphot: Well said. Anyways on to our final question, how is top rushing back Jamie Harper's injury going to affect the team? And how is the team going to replace his output?

Danny Ford: Well it was jus' unfortunate what happened in tha' Miami game tah him. He got knocked slap on his ***. Jamie is doin' alright and he wishes he could be on tha' field. I reckon Mr. Ellington is goin' to have to carry the mainload and back up Rodderick McDowell. We burned McDowell's redshirt in the Miami game so we're lookin' forward to seein' what he can do. Also, Tajh Boyd really stepped up his game in tah absence of Harper, with strong passes and his quick feet. It's gonna be hard but we'll manage.

RP: Thanks Coach for your time.

Danny Ford: Mah pleasure.

Last edited by TigerRag; 07-19-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2010, 01:42 AM   #72
Pro

OVR: 10

What a game against Miami, that convinces me if I don't like the way heisman treats me next game in mine I am using those sliders.

Like the interview can't wait to see how you do with recruiting, all those recruits visiting for one game can really make or break a class.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »