Home

Panthers on the Prowl: Carolina Panthers Franchise

This is a discussion on Panthers on the Prowl: Carolina Panthers Franchise within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
Rookie

ko8e24gold's Arena

OVR: 1
Panthers on the Prowl: Carolina Panthers Franchise

Roster: Week 5 update
Sliders: Jd_Seven
Quarters: 15 minutes (25 sec clock runoff)
Injuries: On
Sim Injuries: On
Trade Deadline: On
Salary Cap: On

Feel free to leave feedback and questions. I'm not going to stack my team during the offseason and will use the draft trade value chart for draft day trades. I will probably trade a little bit because i'm trying to rebuild this franchise to a super bowl contender.

Last edited by ko8e24gold; 10-17-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #2
Rookie

ko8e24gold's Arena

Re: Panthers on the Prowl: Carolina Panthers Franchise

2010 Offseason Recap

By Pat Yasinskas

Charlotte, NC --- After a disapointing 8-8 record and no playoff apperance in 2009, the Carolina Panthers decided to keep Coach John Fox and most of his coaching staff. John Fox did not have a good offseason, as he signed only three players. The only player he signed that had a start last year was strong safety, Aaron Francisco, with 2, for the Indianapolis Colts last year. Coach Fox let 16 players leave for free agency, which includes Julius Peppers (to Chicago) and Jake Delhomme (to Cleveland).

The Panthers didn't have a pick in the first round, but did have a strong draft. They landed Jimmy Clausen, who could be a steal, in the second round to challenge the inexperienced Matt Moore. Another rookie who could challenge a Panther, is wide reciever, Brandon LaFell, from LSU. He slipped on most team's boards because he is prone to injury, but in the third round, he was the right guy for the Panthers.

Will Matt Moore be able to be Carolina's franchise quarterback?

Below are the offseason moves made by the Panthers:

Additions
WR Wallace Wright - NYJ (0)
CB Marcus Hudson - SF (0)
SS Aaron Francisco - IND (2)
WR David Clowney - NYJ (4)

Departures
QB Josh McCown - FA (0)
QB AJ Feeley - STL (0)
QB Jake Delhomme - CLE (11)
FB Brad Hoover - FA (4)
WR Muhsin Muhammad - Retired (13)
LG Keydrick Vincent - FA (16)
DT Damione Lewis - NE (16)
DE Julius Peppers - CHI (14)
DT Hollis Thomas - FA (13)
DT Ma'ake Kemoeatu - WAS (0)
LB Landon Johnson - DET (3)
LB Na'il Diggs - STL (11)
CB Dante Wesley - DET (0)
SS Chris Herns - CHI (13)
SS Quinton Teal - FA (3)
K Rhys Lloyd - MIN (15)

2010 Draft
2nd round
48th pick: QB Jimmy Clausen (Notre Dame) - Never lived up to the hype coming out of high school. Could challenge Matt Moore for the starting job.
3rd Round
78th pick: WR Brandon LaFell (LSU) - Will challenge Dwayne Jarrett for starting job.
89th pick: WR Armanti Edwards (Appalachian State) - Multi purpose athlete who could be used as wildcat QB or slot wide out.
4th Round
124th pick: LB Eric Norwood (South Carolina) - Will more than likely fill in for the departed, Na'il Diggs.
6th Round
175th pick: DE Greg Hardy (Mississippi) - Was a projected top 5 pick in the 2009 NFL Draft but elected to stay for his senior season and was injured for over half of the season, causing his stock to drop way down.
198th pick: WR David Gettis (Baylor) - Dangerous return man. He will need time to develop into a reciever.
202nd pick: S Jordan Pugh (Texas A&M) - Will compete for a backup role.
204th pick: QB Tony Pike (Cincinnati) - Heisman hopeful in '09, but was injured in the middle of the season. He might make the practice squad.
7th Round
223rd pick: CB RJ Stanford (Utah) - Had a great pro day allowing him to be a late round draft pick.
249th pick: CB Robert McClain (Connecticut) - May play linebacker at the NFL level.

Last edited by ko8e24gold; 10-17-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
Rookie

ko8e24gold's Arena

Training Camp Wrap Up

By Pat Yasinskas

Charlotte, NC --- The Carolina Panthers wrapped up training camp today. Coach John Fox said, "We had an excellent month of training camp. Many players stood out among others. I wish all of these players the best, but as we all know, only so many can travel with, and be on this team."

It was a dream come true for the rookie, Robert McClain. "I've worked my tail off to get to this point, and all of my hard work has paid off." Others were disappointed. Rookie cornerback RJ Stanford said, "I worked hard, but unfortunately, that wasn't enough. I'm not going to let this stop me, and i'm going to continue to work hard, and hopefully make a practice squad somewhere else."

Other noticable cuts:
WR Wallace Wright - Sat out the first week due to a pulled hamstring and never showed much promise when he did play.
SS Aaron Francisco - The battle came down between Aaron and Marcus Hudson for the final strong safety.

Final Roster
Quarterbacks: Jimmy Clausen, Matt Moore, Tony Pike
Running backs: DeAngelo Williams, Jonathan Stewart, Mike Goodson, Tyrell Sutton, Tony Fiammetta (FB)
Wide Recievers: Steve Smith, David Clowney, David Gettis, Brandon LaFell, Charly Martin, Armanti Edwards
Tight Ends: Jeff King, Gary Barnidge, Dante Rosario
Offensive Linemen: Jordan Gross (LT), Garry Williams (LT), Travelle Wharton (LG), Tim Duckworth (LG), Ryan Kalil (C), Chris Morris (C), Mackenzy Bernadeav (RG), Duke Robinson (RG), Jeff Otah (RT), Geoff Schwartz (RT)
Defensive Linemen: Charles Johnson (LE), Greg Hardy (LE), Everette Brown (RE), Tyler Brayton (RE), Ed Johsnon (DT), Derek Landri (DT), Nick Hayden (DT), Andre Neblett (DT)
Linebackers: Jon Beason (LOLB), Jordan Senn (LOLB), Dan Connor (MLB), Nic Harris (MLB), Thomas Davis (ROLB), James Anderson (ROLB), Eric Norwood (ROLB), Jamar Williams (ROLB)
Defensive Backs: Chris Gamble (CB), Richard Marshall (CB), Captain Munnerlyn (CB), CJ Wilson (CB), Robert McClain (CB), Sherrod Martin (FS), Jordan Pugh (FS), Charles Godfrey (SS), Marcus Hudson (SS)
Kickers: John Kasay, Rhys Lloyd
Punter: Jason Baker

Positional Outlooks
Quarterbacks - Matt Moore and Jimmy Clausen will battle each other for the starting job during the preseason. When I spoke with Coach Fox, he said he wants each of them to start two games. Final Grade: C-

Running backs - It will more than likely play out just like last year, DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart will split carries. This is the best running back group in the NFL. Mike Goodson is very under rated. He should be in the mix to get some touches too. Final Grade: A+

Wide Recievers and Tight Ends - This is the weakness for the Panthers. Steve Smith is still the number one reciever, but has not been a very big factor for this team since the playoff run in 2005. After Steve Smith, this unit is very weak. Jeff King will be a good check down reciever for whichever young quarterback is the starter, come week one.
Final Grade: C-

Offensive Linemen - This is a very strong offensive line. A lot of the running game credit should be given to this unit. Jordan Gross has established himself as one of the best offensive linemen in the NFL. Ryan Kalil and Jeff Otah are very strong and under the radar. Final Grade: B+

Defensive Linemen - Charles Johnson has not disappointed since he was drafted in the 2007. However, after him, the depth drops off. The loss of Julius Peppers is really going to hurt this unit. They will probably address this during the 2011 off season. Final Grade: C+

Linebackers - This is the corner stone of this defense. The Panthers have one of the best line backing cores in the NFL. Jon Beason and Dan Connor have proven that they can carry the defense. Eric Norwood will be a star, he just needs time to develop and good coaching. Final Grade: A

Defensive Backs - This unit has the makings of being elite, but inexperience is holding this unit back. Chris Gamble has been inconsistent in the past, Richard Marshall is getting better with experience, and Captain Munnerlyn has not performed to his ability. Charles Godfrey is good, but needs more experience. Final Grade: C+

Special Teams: Kicker John Kasay will more than likely be playing his last year in the NFL, so the Panthers went out and signed Rhys Lloyd to be his replacement. Punter Jason Baker has been a very consistent punter for Carolina. The X factor for this team is the return man, Mike Goodson. He is quick and when he finds a seam, he is off to the races.

Last edited by ko8e24gold; 10-17-2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:32 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Always follow Panther franchises.. Jordan Gross is a friend and former youth group student of mine. Good luck..
Old 10-15-2010, 01:53 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Go Panthers! Hopefully, you can guide them to a better record than their real-life counterparts, which shouldn't be too hard given that Carolina is 0-5!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 02:33 AM   #6
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

good start, maybe make the font a tad bigger?
Old 10-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
Rookie

ko8e24gold's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
Go Panthers! Hopefully, you can guide them to a better record than their real-life counterparts, which shouldn't be too hard given that Carolina is 0-5!
Haha. I hope so. I'm not that good at madden but I think I can do better than 0-5. Lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Always follow Panther franchises.. Jordan Gross is a friend and former youth group student of mine. Good luck..
That's awesome deuce! Im a big fan of jordan. I'm in north carolina this weekend so that's what gave me the idea to start a franchise with carolina.
Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
good start, maybe make the font a tad bigger?
Yeah. I will. Lol. Sorry about that. My zoom on the CPU is at 150%.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:56 PM   #8
Rookie

ko8e24gold's Arena

2010 Carolina Panther's Schedule
Preseason
8/12/10 8:00 P.M. @ Win 37-20

8/21/10 8:00 P.M. Win 36-6

8/28/10 8:00 P.M. Win 26-10
9/2/10 7:30 P.M. @ Win 59-27

Regular Season
9/12/10 1:00 P.M. @

9/19/10 1:00 P.M.

9/26/10 1:00 P.M.

10/3/10 1:00 P.M. @

10/10/10 1:00 P.M.

10/24/10 1:00 P.M.

10/31/10 1:00 P.M. @

11/7/10 1:00 P.M.

11/14/10 1:00 P.M. @

11/21/10 1:00 P.M.

11/28/10 1:00 P.M. @

12/5/11 4:15 P.M. @

12/12/11 1:00 P.M.

12/19/11 1:00 P.M.

12/23/11 8:15 P.M. @

1/2/11 1:00 P.M. @

Last edited by ko8e24gold; 10-18-2010 at 08:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »