Home

Fight On: A USC Trojans Dynasty (NCAA11)

This is a discussion on Fight On: A USC Trojans Dynasty (NCAA11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2010, 11:36 PM   #33
Banned

theant1h3ro's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Fight On: A USC Trojans Dynasty (NCAA11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codyjohnpaul
I would like to hear angle on the punishment,and on new coach Lane Kiffin also do you write these yourself?
I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the punishment because I've already decided I'm not going to follow the Scholarship reductions....yea I write them myself I'm a freelance sports writer in Charlotte so it's actually great practice for me....
Old 06-29-2010, 11:39 PM   #34
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

OVR: 38

You could sim the bowl games during the probation
Old 06-30-2010, 12:38 AM   #35
Banned

theant1h3ro's Arena

Breaking News: Trojans Receive Two Year Bowl Ban, Will Appeal Ruling

Today the investigation into the USC Trojans Athletic Program concluded after more then four years, and if you're a USC fan the news wasn't very good. The NCAA Committee of Infractions found the program guilty of a Lack of Institutional Control and has banned the Trojans football team from the postseason for two years. The investigation, which centered around impermissible benefits that former Trojan tailback Reggie Bush received produced a 67 page report noting the infractions by Bush and his accomplice Lloyd Lake. According to the NCAA Bush received over $300,000 worth of impermissible gifts.

"We acknowledge that there were infractions that took place, however the evidence the COI presented in the report does not warrant the penalties placed on our University," said President Steven Sample. "While we agree that the student athletes in questions received improper benefits we do not feel the committee provided sufficient evidence to say without a shadow of a doubt that a school official was involved." "We have already begun filing the paperwork to appeal the ruling and we are suggesting the postseason ban be reduced to one game." "We are hopeful that the Appeals Committee will agree with our stance that the COI acted without discretion and unjustly," added Sample.

Added to the heartbreak of the two year postseason ban was the NCAA ruling that allows any junior or senior players to transfer from USC without sitting out a year. Many of the players have already been contacted by schools around the nation. "I've already received calls from several schools, I told them all the same thing USC is my home and missing out on one game isn't going to change that," said senior CB Shareece Wright. Allen Bradford has also received several calls, "I've had a couple of the Pac X schools call me, but I'm not going anywhere I've been through too much with these guys to leave them now," said Bradford.

Also included in the sanctions was the vacating of 13 games including the 2005 Orange Bowl in which the Trojans won the BCS championship defeating Oklahoma 55-19. Although the records will be erased from the books former Trojans say the NCAA cant take the wins away. "You cant erase people's memory," said former WR Dwayne Jarrett who now plays for the Carolina Panthers. "It doesn't matter if the books show it or not, everyone saw the game they know we dominated Oklahoma from start to finish." Jarrett's fellow WR Steve Smith feels the same, "the NCAA can take whatever they want from the the record books, all anyone has to do is turn on the tape," said Smith.

Matt Barkley addressed the team during a players only meeting after the morning throwing session. "I just told the guys to keep their heads up, the NCAA hit us hard for sure but we cant let it get to us we just have to focus on going out there and winning every game." "I also assured the team I wasn't going anywhere and that I hoped everyone would stay because they are like family to me, finally I just told the guys to do what we always do, Fight On."

Coach Kiffin had very harsh words for reporters when asked about the ruling. "It's an absolute joke, these penalties are completely unprecedented." "The NCAA wasn't able to find one piece of concrete evidence to tie this to the school and yet we are getting just as harsh a penalty as Miami in the 90's or Alabama earlier in the decade.....it's a travesty if you ask me." "I told the team to be ready for the season because I want to make the postseason uncomfortable for the BCS and NCAA." "My hope is we can go out there and win every game and make sure the entire country knows the best team in the nation isn't playing for the title." "I think the guys are going to work even harder now because they want to prove something..."

Last edited by theant1h3ro; 06-30-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2010, 01:00 AM   #36
Banned

theant1h3ro's Arena

USC Commit Deanthony Thomas Responds To NCAA Santions: "I'm Not Going Anywhere"

After the NCAA dropped the hammer on USC with a two year Bowl ban most Trojan fans feared five star Crenshaw athlete Deanthony Thomas would decommit. Today he told all USC fans that was not the case. Speaking with Erik McKinney from wearesc after a local track meet Thomas reassured his commitment. "I'm not going anywhere, I will be at USC next year sanctions or not," said Thomas. "Sure the sanctions are harsh, and in my opinion unjust but its one game and it's only going to affect me at most for one year." "I called Coach Kiffin, and Coach O. and told them not to worry about me I will be wearing Cardinal and Gold next year." "I've actually been talking to a a lot of guys I've played with doing a little recruiting on my own the last few days." "I've also decided to cancel all my visits, so SC fans can rest easy....the Mamba will be playing in the Coliseum next year."

Last edited by theant1h3ro; 06-30-2010 at 01:17 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:22 AM   #37
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

So how you going to handle the probation?
Old 06-30-2010, 01:34 AM   #38
Banned

theant1h3ro's Arena

Freshman RB D.J. Morgan Gets the Greenlight For Practice

Just days after the sanctions were announced the USC Trojans received another bit of good news to go along with Deanthony Thomas' statements. Freshman RB D.J. Morgan was cleared by USC's training staff for practice, a sign that makes USC fans hopeful he could play this season. "It feels great to get back out there," said Morgan "the knees getting there I would say I'm about 85-90 percent." Morgan the former Taft High standout tore his ACL in a playoff game against Garfield last November. "It was hard, as soon as I felt the pop I knew I was done, I just wish I could have played so we could have advanced further," said Morgan. Morgan participated in non contact throwing sessions and agility drills but has yet to be cleared for contact. "I'm anxious to get popped that first time, we'll just have to see how it goes." Morgan was expected to be fourth on the depth chart although that spot could go to Curtis McNeal if Morgan is not ready. "Coach Kiffin already told me not to rush anything, that if I'm not good to go they will redshirt me." "I want to play but I also want to do whats best long term for myself, we'll see what happens." No matter what happens at the start of the season with Morgan it is certainly a welcome sign to all Trojan fans to see the speedy Taft star out on the practice field.

Last edited by theant1h3ro; 06-30-2010 at 01:41 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:36 AM   #39
Banned

theant1h3ro's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codyjohnpaul
So how you going to handle the probation?
I'll just sim the bowl games, not going to worry about the scholarship reductions as there are ways that USC will cope with that IRL that cant be replicated in the game (early enrollments) to make sure the roster doesn't get scalped.

Last edited by theant1h3ro; 06-30-2010 at 01:42 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:57 AM   #40
MVP

Buckeye's Arena

This is looking really good so far

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »