Home

From Worst To First: An Eastern Michigan Dynasty

This is a discussion on From Worst To First: An Eastern Michigan Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2010, 07:33 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: From Worst To First: An Eastern Michigan Dynasty

Yearly Recruiting Recap:

Last edited by Getty51; 07-14-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:34 PM   #10
Pro

Pre Season Info Post

Preseason Ratings: Eastern Michigan
Overall: 56
Offense: 55
Defense: 62

Pre Season Roster By Position:
QB:
Alex Gillett, Sophomore, 60 Overall
Devontae Payne, Freshman(RS), 56 Overall
Austin Karcher, Junior, 55 Overall
Tyler Benz, Freshman, 46 Overall
Position Breakdown:
Well not a strong showing at QB from the looks of it, Gillett will be the opening day starter as he has the best Throw Power/Accuracy rating with a 76/73 but be on the look for Payne throughout the season as he has the highest throw power on the team at 80. Likely will need to bring in a new arm in recruiting in the next year or two.

RB:
Dwayne Preist, 69 overall, Senior
Corey Welch, 65OVR, Junior(RS)
Dominique Sherrer, 59OVR, Junior
Joe Fleming, 49 OVR, Freshman(RS)
Breakdown: Preist and Welch may very well split time in the backfield and will try and carry the offense and the team, Preist has a good sped rating (86). Not sure where Welch gets his overall but he seems to be one of those guys that gets the job done no matter what.

FB:
Ben Axon, 52OVR, Freshman(RS)
Breakdown: Look for a lot of dual RB plays as Welch likely is as good as Axon when it comes to blocking and catching out of the backfield.

WR:
Kinsman Thomas, 66OVR, Sophomore
Tyrone Burke, 63OVR, Senior
Corey Manns, 60OVR, Sophomore(RS)
Nick Olds, 57OVR, Sophomore
Trey Hunter, 54OVR, Junior(RS)
Lshane Bynum, 50OVR, Sophomore(RS)
Terrance, Gourdine, 48OVR, Freshman(RS)
Kevin Wheeler, 46OVR, Freshman
Brandon Boyle, 46OVR, Freshman(RS)
Julius Shelby, 44OVR, Freshman
Breakdown: This may be a great bright spot for the team, with Kinsman Thomas and Burke leading the first season things can only get better when three of your top four guys are sophomores and have another two years to develop. Look for this group to get good and fast.

TE:
Ben Thayer, 65OVR, Senior(RS)
Josh LeDuc, 59OVR, Senior(RS)
Breakdown: Well it will make things a little difficult having two senior tight ends but Thayer looks to be a truck to bring down while LeDuc brings a little more speed to the position.

LT:
Bridger Buche, 71OVR, Junior(RS)
Scott Macleod, 50OVR, Freshman(RS)
Lavon Mccoy, 48OVR, Junior
Breakdown: Well one of our four players over 70 overall rating is at this position, and he is a captain as a junior, I would be willing to be good money we won't be getting blindsided too often during this season.

LG:
Andrew Sorgatz, 66OVR, Sophomore
Brian Moore, 50OVR, Senior(RS)
Breakdown: Wow, after first glance at this roster so far, Sorgatz is looking to team up with Buche and protect the blindside of whoever happens to be in the backfield at the time. Hopefully he progesses well and can get into the 80 range by his senior season.

C:
Eric Davis, 71OVR, Senior(RS)
Corey Watman, 53OVR, Sophomore(RS)
Breakdown: Well if we can't move the ball from the center to the Left tackle we are going to have a very long year, with two of our four players over 70OVR rating on the offensive line this is going to be a must, we may even get through a few games without a QB breaking anything(Which I have seen before the other way where your looking to find anyone to play back there).

RG:
Dan Demaster, 65OVR, Senior(RS)
Orlando McCord, 53OVR, Freshman(RS)
Bobby McFadden, 40OVR, Freshman
Breakdown: Ill be honest with you I am starting to get excited at the possiblities of running the ball this season, each time I click positions over I see another offensive lineman with a better raiting than my quarterback.

RT:
Corey Neal, 60OVR, Sophomore(RS)
Doniel Gambrell, 53OVR, Freshman
Breakdown: Well our worst offensive line position is equal to that of our quarterback. I think we should be able to control the ground game in most of the games and even hit some of our good receivers late.

LE:
Brad Ohrman, 58OVR, Sophomore(RS)
Andy Mulumba, 48OVR, Sophomore
Jeremy Curry, 46OVR, Freshman
Breakdown: Well I hope that the speed Ohrman has will be able to help get around the wide frames of opposing lineman (72spd) if not look for it to be a rough year defending the run.

RE:
Javon Reese, 68OVR, Junior
Kalonji Kashama, 63OVR, Junior(RS)
Devon Davis, 54OVR, Sophomore
Breakdown: Well upon seeing this, look for Kashama to play a lot of LE in front of Ohrman if he stuggles, I personally love having an End that is an impact player and will look to get some quick pressure on QB's from Reese.

DT:
Tyler Palsrock, 58OVR, Senior
Jabar Westerman, 58OVR, Junior
Brandon Slater, 56OVR, Junior(RS)
Matt Price, 56OVR, Freshman(RS)
Ryan Leonard, 55OVR, Senior(RS)
Breakdown: Well on a positive note, there is not any real drop off from starter to our #5 guy, look for there to be a constant rotation to keep bodies fresh in hope of wearing down opponents in the trenches.

LOLB:
Darrius Moffett, 67OVR, Freshman
Tim Fort, 61OVR, Senior(RS)
Desdan Hester, 50OVR, Freshman
Breakdown: Moffett is one of those guys that has me excited and has a 79HitPower rating, look for Fort to get some snaps not only at LOLB but at the other two positions as well.

MLB:
Marcus English, 65OVR, Junior(RS)
Nate Paopao, 59OVR, Senior
Matt Boyd, 56OVR, Sophomore
Breakdown: Marcus English, hmmmm, wonder if he is related to Ron English at all? It would be worth checking out, look for Paopao to get some quality reps as well. (Really with a name like Paopao how can I not put him in? Think of all the Tough Actin Tinactin commercials I could have with "PAOPAO" instead of "POW")?

ROLB:
Steve Brown, 63OVR, Junior
Neal Howey, 55OVR, Senior
Colin Weingrad, 49OVR, Freshman
Breakdown: Brown is our worst starter and this is where PaoPao and Fort will likely share reps with him, Howey has solid speed and will contribute on special teams, if we could just teach Weingrad how to tackle in the next two or three years he may just be a star.

CB:
Marcell Rose, 71OVR, Junior
Brandon Pratt, 66OVR, Senior
Jaron Gillespie, 65OVR, Sophomore
Arrington Hicks, 63OVR, Senior
Willie Williams, 55OVR, Freshman
Kelip Goodwin, 44OVR, Freshman
Marcus Penn, 44OVR, Freshman
Breakdown: Rose is our Impact player and a Captain, he is another one of the four players with 70 or higher OVR, (for those of you counting, the 3rd so far). The rest of the group looks solid, I contemplated redshirting Williams but figured he may be best suited to get some reps with the others wear down or late in some games.

FS:
Latarrius Thomas, 64OVR, Senior
Maratavius Cardwell, 51OVR, Junior(RS)
Malcolm Thomas, 42OVR, Freshman
Breakdown: Thomas is the only one here that should have a job, Cardwell seems like a better cover guy but consistently will give up the deep ball.

SS:
Ryan Downard, 64OVR, Senior(RS)
Alex Bellfy, 56OVR, Sophomore(RS)
Jonte Lewis, 48OVR, Junior
Breakdown: Downard is solid next to Thomas for this year and hopefully Bellfy progresses enough to take the job next season.

K:
Thomas Baertchi, 75OVR, Junior
Breakdown: Ya, that is right, for those of you keeping score, Baertchi is our final player over 75OVR. At first I thought EA had to be kidding me with the top player on the team being a kicker, then I though about it and maybe they threw me a bone here, think of all the 40yard field goals i'll be able to hit instead of punting for a year or two.

P:
Jay Karutz, 67OVR, Freshman
Breakdown: Well these Eagles sure now how to get their special teams ratings. If Baertchi can't put it through the uprights I am sure Karutz can put it somewhere inside the 20.

Red=Redshirted Player
Gold=Impact Player
Bold=Captain

Army @ #120 EMU
Preview: The Black Knights are led by Senior Impact Outside Lindebacker Andrew Rodriguez (76OVR) and Sophomore QB Trent Steelman also an Impact player (75OVR).

#120 EMU @ Miami University
Preview: The First confrence game for Getty51 against a Miami University team that has seen better days. Miami is led by 81 OVR Jerrell Wedge, Junior Middle Linebacker and Impact Player as well as 74 OVR Sophomore QB and Impact player Zac Dysert.

Central Michigan @ #120 EMU
Preview: The first taste of a rivalry game for Getty51, look for this game to get nasty, the Chips are lead by 91OVR Nick Bellore at MLB and Matt Berning 86OVR LOLB.

#120 EMU @ #2 Ohio State
Preview: As someone who lives in Ohio and hates Ohio State, I must say this game is one that I not only want to win but want to ruin any hopes OSU has at a BCS game. OSU is led of course by Terrelle Pryor (94OVR)

Ohio University @ #120 EMU
Preview: Ohio is led by Senior Impact Linebacker Noah Keller (84OVR) and Senior Impact Quarterback Boo Jackson (83OVR)

#120 EMU @ Vanderbilt
Preview: Getty51's first run in with a team from the SEC, will he be able to throught the Football Confrence SEC like he does the Securities and Exchange Committe? Vandy is let by Junior MLB Chris Marve (88OVR) and 87OVR sophomore WR, John Cole.

#120 EMU @ Ball State
Preview: Ball State is always underrated but comes out as a top comptetitor, rumor is that Getty51 has a personal vendetta against them, no one is sure why or if it is true but we shall see. Ball State is led by 76OVR Miquale Lewis, Senior Running back and Impact player, as well as Koreen Burch a senior and impact player corner with a 70OVR.

#120 EMU @ Virginia
Preview: Another big conference school looking to get an easy win from a poor EMU team. This is also the 3rd straight away game in a row, will that have any affect on the players? The Cavs are led by 89OVR Corner Ras I Dowling and 88OVR MLB Steve Greer who is a Sophomore.

Toledo @ #120 EMU (Homecoming)
Preview: Another school Getty51 is rumored to have a vendetta against, (who doesn't he in the MAC at this point?). The Rockets are led by Senior ROLB Archie Donald (84 OVR) and Sophomore WR Eric Page (84OVR)

#120 EMU @ Western Michigan
Preview: The second of two rivalry games this season, look for getty51 to pull out all the stops this game. The Broncos are led by 85OVR Junior Anthony Parker at LT and 81OVR Senior Mario Armstrong at SS.

#120 EMU @ Buffalo
Preview: Can the Bulls compete without Turner Gill? Our thoughts are no they can't and this may be the best chance EMU has to get a win. The Bulls are led by 84OVR Senior Impact SS Davonte Shannon and 75OVR Senior LG Peter Bittner.

Northern Illinois @ #120 EMU (Senior Night)
Preview: Last game of the season, Getty51 has vowed that every senior will start and play at least half the game being that it is their last hoorah. Will that affect the outcome of the game? NIU is led by 85OVR Senior Jake Coffman at LE and 84OVR Senior RB Chad Spann.

Strength of Schedule: C-

Last edited by Getty51; 07-16-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:35 PM   #11
Pro

Thank you for your patience, you may now post if you are inclined to.

Updates will begin as soon as rosters are finished.
I Will also begin updating the first page all night, I hope you enjoy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 11:29 PM   #12
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

This looks REALLY cool, living in Michigan I'll be very interested in this.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:46 AM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyplaya2724
This looks REALLY cool, living in Michigan I'll be very interested in this.
Glad that your following, looks like Ill be starting this friday morning by the looks of Blocko's thread. That means it is gonna be a long weekend of playing and updating.

Ill be honest, im not the greatest at putting pictures on here but I will do what I can.

Thanks again for reading.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #14
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getty51
Glad that your following, looks like Ill be starting this friday morning by the looks of Blocko's thread. That means it is gonna be a long weekend of playing and updating.

Ill be honest, im not the greatest at putting pictures on here but I will do what I can.

Thanks again for reading.

No problem.

If you want to make it easier create a file and then save pictures in there from google images, then go on tinypic.com and you can choose what size you want them to be and once you do everything it will show a fiew url's, choose the second one down and post it in here.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:55 PM   #15
Rookie

TigerRag's Arena

OVR: 4

Man this is going to be tougher this year than any other year because of the new recruiting system. I'll be following man, loving the story/layout.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2010, 04:52 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerRag
Man this is going to be tougher this year than any other year because of the new recruiting system. I'll be following man, loving the story/layout.
Glad to have another follower, ill pry begin some sort of update to keep things moving until the rosters are done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »