Home

Little Big Man

This is a discussion on Little Big Man within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 12:57 AM   #9
Rookie

JC QUICK's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Little Big Man

Sophomore year
My sophomore year was pretty much a waste for my football career, even though I did play football during the year. The problem was I got suspended for the first 6 games of the season on the JV team because of poor grades, so I was sent down to play for the Freshman team. Being a sophomore on the freshman team is embarrassing, but I immediately started at wide receiver and cornerback for the rest of the season.

Unfortunately for me, my high school runs the option and often plays with 2 tight ends, which means no wide receiver at all at times. My playing time was incredibly scarce, as was our team ever passing the football. Our coaching staff was straight out of 19th century football, as they believed all players should be like Bronko Nagurski, and pound the rock down the field even if it was 3rd and 20. That led to me rarely, if ever, touching the field.

I didn't catch any passes on the freshman team, because we hardly threw the ball, and our quarterback had a weak arm. To make matters worse, we went 0-10. We lost to Pine Creek 66-0 at the beginning of the year. Most of the other games were blowouts, I'm just pointing out that one because it was the worst.

Otherwise, I was being the same old me. I still hung out with my friends, but I got obsessed with football, and I started to watch a ton of it. So my sophomore year was pretty much a waste of my football career, and playing with the worst team I think I've ever played with, ruined my reputation as a good athlete around Air Academy High School.

My hope was that our starting wide receiver was graduating as was my brother. I felt I had a good chance at playing varsity for my junior year…
Old 07-28-2010, 01:07 AM   #10
Rookie

JC QUICK's Arena

Authors note: I have this story on another site so Im just gonna catch up to were I am now.

Kadets who went on to College
All my life, I wanted to play in the NFL. But first you have to go to college, and there were a few players from my school who I wanted to model after and hope one day I too would be playing college ball.

Matt Slauson, Class of 2004, Played at Nebraska and now plays guard for the New York Jets.

Jeff Kendall, Class of 2004, Played at Oregon

Sam Zimmerer, Class of 2005, Played at Colorado

Brennan Price, Class of 2008, Currently plays at CSU

Ryan Burton, Class of 2009, Currently plays at KU

That's just a few of the more recent players that play college now. My school is a small 4A school, and hardly any recruiters come to our games, so it was going to be tough to get some exposure, but my junior year was coming up, and if you ask any of those players that play college now, your Junior Year is a pivot part of your recruitment. It's an important season. It's where it is time to get real or get gone. It's where reality starts, so with camp coming up its time to get to work....

Old 07-28-2010, 01:08 AM   #11
Rookie

JC QUICK's Arena

Junior Year Week 1 Pre-Game: Air Academy vs Pine Creek

I sat in the locker room in silence as we prepared for our first game of the year. I wasn't starting at any position, but I was hoping that maybe late in the fourth quarter, they'll put me in if were up by a god margin.

Logically, I shouldn’t have been to pumped up about this game. Last year our opponent, Pine Creek, went 10-0, completely destroying teams, before they lost in the quarterfinals. They had some good players coming back, like they're QB/WR Joshua Chance, and their linebacker Connor Stephens.

“Guys, I’m going to ask you for two things tonight. Toughness, and hustle. If we execute those 2 things, then everything else will fall into place. Every play needs to be at full speed," coach said right before the game.

Our senior captain and offensive guard Andrew Vaughn stood up in front of us.

“Guys, all I’m going to say is that is that we need to pop these Pine Crek Eagles in the mouth. They out there and they think they're going to destroy us. Lets upset some people tonight. Lets shock the world by beating these guys. KADETS ON 3! 1-2-3”

“KADETS!”
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 01:13 AM   #12
Rookie

JC QUICK's Arena

Junior Year Week 1 Pre-Game: Air Academy vs Pine Creek

I sat in the locker room in silence as we prepared for our first game of the year. I wasn't starting at any position, but I was hoping that maybe late in the fourth quarter, they'll put me in if were up by a god margin.

Logically, I shouldn’t have been to pumped up about this game. Last year our opponent, Pine Creek, went 10-0, completely destroying teams, before they lost in the quarterfinals. They had some good players coming back, like they're QB/WR Joshua Chance, and their linebacker Connor Stephens.

“Guys, I’m going to ask you for two things tonight. Toughness, and hustle. If we execute those 2 things, then everything else will fall into place. Every play needs to be at full speed," coach said right before the game.

Our senior captain and offensive guard Andrew Vaughn stood up in front of us.

“Guys, all I’m going to say is that is that we need to pop these Pine Creek Eagles in the mouth. They out there and they think they're going to destroy us. Lets upset some people tonight. Lets shock the world by beating these guys. KADETS ON 3! 1-2-3”

“KADETS!”
Old 07-28-2010, 01:14 AM   #13
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

Very cool updates, so are you a Wide Receiver or a Quarterback?
Old 07-28-2010, 02:02 AM   #14
Rookie

JC QUICK's Arena

Im a wide receiver sorry I didnt specify. He tried QB as a freshman but was too small and instead switched to WR
Old 07-28-2010, 02:21 AM   #15
Rookie

JC QUICK's Arena

Week 1
Air Academy Pine Creek

“Running out on the field now…the visiting Air Academy Kadets!”

As we ran out onto of the field, boos came from the crowd. We were playing at a neutral site, but the number of Pine Creek fans were overwhelming compared to our fans. There was a sea of green on the home side.

“And now, come out and cheer for your Pine Creek Eagles!”

The crowd began cheering wildly for their Eagles. The Eagles won the toss and elected to receive.

After the kickoff return, Pine Cree got the ball on their 30 yard line. I stood on the sideline looking on.

The Kadet defense lined up against the great Pine Creek Eagles. I felt chills go down my back, even though I wasn't playing. The Eagles hiked the ball, and right off the bat it was a sweep to their running back Nick Markowski who broke outside for a 66 yard touchdown.

I watched in awe as I saw how fast these guys were. They were so much faster and better then us. But the ensuing drive, the Kadets drove down the field and scored on a 1 yard run by our quarterback Trent Reifstahl to tie the game up 7-7. Our sideline went crazy, as our offensive guard started shouting, "It ain't over, we can hang with these guys. We got a ball game fellas!"

But our celebrations were pre-mature, as Pine Creek drove right down the field again, and scored on a 3 yard run by Kris Kentera. And for the rest of the night, the Eagles pounded us. Kentera had three touchdowns in the first half, to make the score 37-14 at halftime.

We trotted inside the locker room. I looked at every player inside the room, and everybody looked depressed and shocked with how good these guys were. Coach Hillstrum walked in on silence.

"I don't know what to say. Lineman you guys are getting pushed back and bullyied. You guys NEED to stay low, how many times have we told you guys all season. What have we worked for all summer. This is why we lift all them weights, for moments like these, so that we don't get shoved around! Guys, I want you to go out there and show the Eagles, that were not a push-over. Hit them in the mouth on every play!"

We went back out there, and I noticed a lot of Kadet fans gone, but the Pine Creek fans were just living it up. They were cheering "Warm up the Bus" before the kickoff.

Our offense, came out onto the field, as we tried to run the option with our quarterback, but he was stuffed for a 5 yard loss. Then to make things worse, he jogged off the field, with an injured ankle, and we had to play with our backup.

The rest of the game was a blur, as Kris Kentera scored a fourth touchdown, and Josh Chance added another one in the third quarter, before a Pine Creek safety in the end zone finished the game with the final score, Pine Creek 53, Air Academy 14.

It was a tough way to start the season, and our coach was not happy. I went home, with my jersey completely dirt free, because I didn't play a single down.

James Carnes statline:
0 catches, 0 yards

Friday, September 04, 2009

Q1Q2Q3Q4Final
Air Academy770014
Pine Creek211614253

Game Summary
Colorado High School Football - Air Academy routed by Pine Creek

(September 4, 2009: Colorado Springs, CO 80908) In Friday's non-league game, the Pine Creek Eagles smashed the visiting Air Academy Kadets by a score of 53-14.

The Eagles (1-0) will now prepare for their game against Liberty. The Lancers come into the non-league game with a 1-0 record. In their last game, Liberty overwhelmed Widefield 35-14, in a non-league game.

The Kadets now sport a 0-1 record. They take the field next when they travel to Cheyenne Mountain for a 4A Foothills game on Friday, September 11. Air Academy will meet a Indians team coming off a 27-7 non-league win over Coronado. The Indians record now stands at 1-0.

Scoring Summary
First Quarter Summary:
PC 1 11:35 Markowski 66 TD Run
AA 1 5:46 Riefstahl 1 TD Run
PC 1 4:22 Kentera 3 TD Run
PC 1 1:17 Kentera 3 TD Run

Second Quarter Summary:
PC 2 10:00 Lockley 33 TD Run
PC 2 9:09 Team Safety
PC 2 8:15 Kentera 25 TD Run
AA 2 2:22 Price 1 TD Run

Third Quarter Summary: