Home

The Tim Tebow Experiment - Broncos 'chise, Madden '11 [COACH MODE]

This is a discussion on The Tim Tebow Experiment - Broncos 'chise, Madden '11 [COACH MODE] within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2010, 07:11 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 25
The Tim Tebow Experiment - Broncos 'chise, Madden '11 [COACH MODE]

The Tim Tebow Experiment
Franchise Settings
Game: Madden '11 / System: PS3
Settings: 12 Min Quarters, 15 Sec Runoff
Sliders: modified default All-Pro, COACH MODE
Fatigue: 60 / Gamespeed: SLOW / Player Treshhold: 45

Untitled by mkrayz, on Flickr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
Banned

Re: The Tim Tebow Experiment - Broncos 'chise, Madden '11 [COACH MODE]

I just want to say welcome and thank you for reading my Madden '11 chise aka "The Tim Tebow experiment".

As the title says this is basically an experiment..

I want to see whether or not it's possible to build and coach a team to win the superbowl with Tim Tebow at the helm.

I am giving it a 4 year timeframe.. and in those 4 years I will not draft a QB unless I manage to scout an unpassable prospect and even then, Tebow will be my starting QB regardless of the outcome on the field..

'Tis an experiment after all. I will be simming the 1st year (his rookie year) just so I can get a headstart with the team-building aspect with the NFL Draft but will be coaching thereafter.

4 years.. Tim Tebow as the QB.. is it possible to build a team around him and coach it to the superbowl?

the journey begins..
Old 08-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Sounds good. Let's see what happens.

I'm going to make a prediction right now and say you get that superbowl in the third season.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:52 PM   #4
Banned

3 years? the sim had the Broncos going 5-11, so I don't know, I'm just looking over the roster right now and they have a *TON* of gaping holes to fix.. so we'll see how it goes..

I'm basically going to go the Tuna route and hope I can build a killer defense, a dominant offensive line to run the ball down their throats and not have to rely on Tebow because that would lead me to trouble.. so far I'm going to have fun with this because as many "needs" as I see in this team, it will take at LEAST 2 drafts for me to stamp it in my image

but that's the whole point of this experiment I can tell you this though.. if in year 3 or 4 I scout an amazing QB prospect.. I'm grabbing him haha!
Old 08-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #5
Pro

Patriots1996's Arena

OVR: 9

FOLLOWING! Finally a Tebow based Broncos franchise !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2010, 11:55 PM   #6
Banned

NFL DRAFT Team Evaluation:
I'll be blunt.. the Broncos are not the most talented of teams. Compound that with "the Tim Tebow experiment" and I am pretty certain that a tough bumpy road is to follow.
Here are the team needs as I see them: WR, FB, LG, C, DT, LE, RE, LOLB and SS

There's just far too many positions to be filled in 1 draft and it's not like the FA market is loaded with talent. I do know I have a plan and I have to stick to it.. my philosophy for this upcoming draft is simple

Pick whoever is best for a needed position.. we cannot change the cards we're dealt only the way we play them.

the Broncos pick 4th overall and I expect to be able to draft at least 1 foundation player to which I can build and mold my team around.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:27 AM   #7
Banned

I have all 7 of my picks and with the 4th overall pick, I am honest to say that if I pick up 2 starters from this draft then I will be a very happy coach.

here are the results of my first ever draft

NFL DRAFT RESULTS Year 1:

round 1 pick: DT Kase Mitchell - 82ovr, A potential - I was not joking around when I said I wanted to establish a suffocating defense. With all the options in all the world and my pick of the lot, why did I choose a Defensive Tackle with the 4th overall pick? Let's face it, winning games begins with dominating the line of scrimmage and considering I have NO DE's worth noting, I would be a fool if I did not adress my line .. or in my case, the lack of a line. There were other DT's as highly rated as Kase but what set him apart was his BSH being rated off the charts. (Block shedding).. I am so thankful that my pick is a stud and I can see him being the cornerstone of my defense for years to come!

round 2: Kasheem Kendrick--RE 72 ovr, B pot : horribly dissapointed with this pick.. he cannot even start for me and a round 2 picking as high as I do (4th overall, 36th?) I should've picked better.. he had a "FMV, finesse move" rating off the charts, I was thinking maybe he'd be like the Colts' Freeney and that's why I chose him but this was a dud pick.

round 3: Bingo Johnson--CB 85 ovr, A pot: a round 3 STEAL! In my opinion he should've left the board earlier, his charts was up there and you cannot beat his name, Bingo? Bingo Johnson!? BINGO INDEED! I call it now he is the heir to one Champ Bailey.

round 4: Montario Diamond--HB 69ovr, A pot - Diamond in the rough!! A 4th round draft pick with 95spd, 97agi and 99acc. What drew me to Montario Diamond was his ratings-chart.. his ELU was off the charts! I knew right away there's gotta be something there if he had that much talent and sure enough he has a 94elu rating as well as a 91spinmove and 96jukemove.. what I did not expect was his speed, agi and acc to be so beastly! Knoshown Moreno is my undisputed starter but it is nice to know I have a 2nd RB that is going to be great.

round 5: Brian Buck--TE 66ovr, A pot - another diamond in the rough! what caught my eye with Buck was his speed. He had the fastest chart rating for speed and I need a TE badly for Tim. TE's are the qb's safety net after all. This pick is going to be a good one.

round 6: Ken Whitehouse--WR 74 ovr, B pot - He had the best graph/chart ratings out of the WR's left.. I rolled the dice and he's not that bad, but not that good either. Probably going to end up being a journeyman.

round 7: Damion Car--LOLB 61 ovr, D pot - it's round 7.. what'd you expect?

Draft Reflections:
I am psyched overall with the draft results.. out of 7 picks, I have selected 4 young players with A potentials and they should be able to start in a year or 2. I could have selected better during the 2nd round but those are the breaks, they're not all meant to be superstars. I chose players who fit my scheme and came away with 2 immediate starters in Kase and Bingo. My Diamond is going to be great on special teams and Brian Buck is a more than adequate 2nd string TE for now.

Bring on the games!
Old 08-16-2010, 12:47 AM   #8
Banned

Post Re: The Tim Tebow Experiment - Broncos 'chise, Madden '11 [COACH MODE]

Denver Broncos Depth Chart
TIM TEBOW EXPERIMENT - 1 Depth Chart - Regular Offense
Starter2nd3rd4th
WRD. Thomas 87E. Royal 82
TED. Graham 81B. Buck 66 (r)R. Quinn 78
LTR. Clady 98H. Taylor 72
LGL. Walker 77Z. Beadles 73