Home

Western Michigan~A Bronco's Dynasty (NCAA 11)

This is a discussion on Western Michigan~A Bronco's Dynasty (NCAA 11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2010, 02:31 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Western Michigan~A Bronco's Dynasty (NCAA 11)

Western Michigan huh? I'm definately interested.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:35 PM   #10
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm following, can't wait to see how good you do with the Broncos
Old 08-17-2010, 03:29 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy5885
No lol sorry

Well that's okay. I will still be following. I am a Bronco fan myself. Of course it's the Boise State Broncos, but still a Bronco.

I actually ran a dynasty with EMU back in 06 and enjoyed my time building them into a powerhouse. Hopefully you can do the same with WMU.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2010, 01:53 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7

Big Shoes To Fill

www.westernmichiganuniversity/football.com

Alex Carder under center

Kalamazoo, MI- The Broncos come into their 2010 season following a 5-7 mediocre season. The good news is they will be returning fifteen starters from last year giving them room for much improvement. However, one of the seven starters not returning was the face of the offense and an amazing leader, quarterback Tim Hiller. Hiller threw for 11,338 yards and 99 touchdowns in his collegiate career, setting records and bringing home many prestigious trophies and awards. "This team will definitely not be the same without him (Tim Hiller). He was a leader, a friend, and we are all going to miss him and we wish him the best of luck." Senior right guard Nick Clemens answered when asked about Tim.

With that said who is set to take on the big responsibility of replacing one of the greatest stars to walk the halls of Western Michigan University. "Alex (Carder) has been showing a lot of promise," stated head coach Bill Cubit. A (RS)Sophomore, Alex who was expected to come in the 2010 season and back up (RS)Senior QB Drew Burdi. Alex hasn't let the experts convince him as he is becoming a quick team leader in the locker room and on the field. "He has amazing work ethic...he has really worked on his accuracy and precision as a thrower. We like to see guys that have heart and come out here and give it their all everyday, and that is what Alex has done since day one and that is why he is going to suit up as the starter against Michigan State this Saturday." Offensive Coordinator and Quarterback coach Mike Grant told reporters on Thursday after practice.

[Video Clip]
Reporter: While nothing is set in stone yet it appears Alex Carder will be the man starting against Michigan State this Saturday. We will see how Carder reacts when he takes the field Saturday against a hungry Michigan State team that went 6-7 last year, a disappointment for most fans. I'm here with wide receiver Jordan White, Jordan what do you think about Alex Carder as your starting quarterback?
Jordan: I believe in Alex he's a competitive guy and I hope the 80,000 screaming fans don't get to him... *laughs* no but seriously I think he really wants to play it means a lot to him and you can see that when he plays. He has been sharing a lot of snaps with Drew, (Burdi) and Tyler (Van Tubbergen) in practice, which means I don't think the coaches are entirely sold on him yet. I think he is going to take that doubt and tear it up out there this Saturday and turn doubters into believers.
Reporter:I couldn't have said it better myself we will just have to wait and see what the future has in store for the Western Michigan Broncos 2010 season. Thanks again Jordan.

Last edited by cincy5885; 08-18-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:43 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7

Western Michigan Gets Shut Out!

NCAA Scoreboard - Michigan State Spartans (0-0) at Western Michigan Broncos (0-0)
September 4, 20101234OTF
Michigan State Spartans771414-42
Western Michigan Broncos0000-0
Top Performers
Michigan State Spartans - Stats
D. Legrier- 7 total tackles 6 solo 1 atk 1 TFL 1 FF
C. Ravenell- 5 rec 67 yards 13.8 avg
Western Michigan Broncos - Stats
K. Cousins- 21/26 272 yards 3 TDs 1 INT
G. Jones- 6 total tackles 5 solo 1 atk 2 TFL 1 int 1 def TD
Team Stats Comparison
WMUMSU
First Downs1415
3rd Down Efficiency5-109-11
4th Down Efficiency1-10-0
Total Yards393342
Passing Yards240272
Rushing Yards2970
Penalties-Penalty Yards0-01-15
Turnovers81
Time of Possession13:04!4:56
Scoring Summary
First QuarterWMUMSU
MSUB. Cunningham 6 yard pass from K. Cousins (D.Conroy kick)7
Second QuarterWMUMSU
MSUA. Setterbo 11 yard pass from K. Cousins (D.Conroy kick)14
Third QuarterWMUMSU
MSUL. Caper 2 yard run (D.Conroy kick)21
MSUG.Jones returned interception 46 yards (D.Conroy kick)28
Fourth QuarterWMUMSU
MSUA. Setterbo 1 yard run (D.Conroy kick)35
MSUK. Martin 17 yard pass from K. Cousins (D.Conroy kick)42

Signs Of Hope

Alex Carder didn't have the best debut ever against the Michigan State Spartans. Of course what (RS) Sophomore would have a good game against a hard nose Michigan State defense at the Spartans home field. Alex Carder made good reads and moved the ball down field better than Drew Burdi and he was much more precise with his passes. It will be interesting to see how he plays next week against a less talented secondary. Alex Carder made good passes but the reason he was picked up four times was because the talented Michigan State secondary jumped up and made plays on the ball. Alex Carder was hit hard and taken out of the game late in the third quarter and never came back in but is expected to play next week as he just had the wind knocked out of him. Western Michigan held Michigan State's offense very well but as the game progressed you could see the team wear down. Aaron Winchester had moments of brilliance and was very physical falling forward after the hit he maybe small but he packs a punch, expect to see Winchester get the ball and help Alex move the ball down the field later on down the road as they face less physical defenses. Another thing the coaches were impressed about was the pressure on defense the defensive line got to the quarterback three different times and forced Cousins to get rid of the ball faster than he wanted causing him to throw an interception. If it was any other quarterback it would have been a field day for the Bronco's defense. The Bronco's also did a good job wrapping up and not missing tackles they were very discipline committing no penalties on offense or defense. It was still a tough loss but WMU showed some great signs of a rebuilding team and expect to see more touchdown's next week from this offense.

Can't Wait Until Next Week

Michigan State is a tough team to beat especially at home, non the less and being shut out Western Michigan is looking forward to next week and hoping to put some points up on the score board. Expect to see a hungry offense and an offensive coordinator trying to get Alex Carder more touchdowns than interceptions, if Western Michigan's defense has another good showing WMU fans could see a W on the board next week.

Injuries:
N/A

Most Impressive:
C. Ravenell was the big target for WMU and leading receiver for the team he was able to make big plays and rack up a lot of yards after the catch expect him to move up the depth chart if he keeps making plays

Least Impressive:
A. Scriven was moved up to 2nd string to help with the run and pass on third down and be a big play running back but was unimpressive when on the field he better kick it into gear in these next few games or he won't see the field much this year ( had negative yards rushing)
Old 08-25-2010, 05:28 PM   #14
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

Thank you for losing to my Spartans, feel free to win the rest of the season now

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »