Home

Commitment to Excellence - The Oakland Raiders

This is a discussion on Commitment to Excellence - The Oakland Raiders within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2010, 08:43 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 3
Week 6 2011 Results

2011 - Week 6 - Oakland @ Buffalo

Raiders defense nearly collapses, but hold on to go 5-0

It seemed this would be another week, another blowout for the Raiders. That was until the defense decided the game was over a little too early.

It was 24-6 going into the fourth quarter when Buffalo started to mount a comeback and it then seemed the Raider's winning streak and Buffalo's losing streak would both be coming to an end.

We were lucky enough to hold on in the closing minutes, but it certainly revealed a hole in my defense. We seem to be giving up way too many big plays. Each week we give up at least one, sometimes two or three.

We are getting our takeaways, but it is still not what I'm looking for.

As far as the other two phases of the game (offense & special teams) go, it's not bad. Special teams is outstanding, actually. Jacoby Ford returned his second TD this year off of a kickoff - props to him. I'll definitely consider him when going into re-signing players this year. He isn't a very reliable receiver, but he doesn't need to be when he can change the game in other ways.

Offense as I said isn't too bad, but we didn't get any big splash plays this week, which is disappointing against the worst team in the league so far with the 0-4 Bills.

Whatever the case, we move onto Week 7 with an undefeated record at 5-0.

NFL Scoreboard - Raiders (4-0) at Bills (0-4)
, 20111234F
Raiders3717027
Bills0601723
Top Performers
Raiders - Stats
Nnamdi Asomugha - 5 tck, SCK, INT
Bills - Stats
Daunte Culpepper - 13/26, 220 yds, TD, INT
Team Stats Comparison
OAKBUF
First Downs148
3rd Down Efficiency8-193-14
4th Down Efficiency0-11-1
Total Yards494414
Passing Yards113199
Rushing Yards17473
Penalties-Penalty Yards3-305-40
Turnovers23
Time of Possession42:5617:04
Raiders
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
Charlie Whitehurst12/2412711
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
Demarco Murray26983.70
Darren McFadden10585.80
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
Zach Miller22110.50
Louis Murphy33612.01
Danny Amendola4297.20
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
Rolando McClain8000
Nnamdi Asomugha5110
Fabian Washington4000
Kick ReturningNO.YDSTDLONG
Jacoby Ford4144196
KickingFGM/AXPM/APTSLONG
Sebastian Janinkowski2/43/3939
Bills
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
Daunte Culpepper13/2622011
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
CJ Spiller20572.81
Daunte Culpepper11414.00
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
Jerome Felton4194.70
Marcus Easley38428.01
Davone Bess3279.00
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
Paul Posluszny6000
Donte Whitner5000
Leodis McKelvin2010
KickingFGM/AXPM/APTSLONG
Rian Lindell3/32/21148

Game Highlights

Spoiler

Nothing noteworthy for highlights this week lol, sorry.

---------------------------------

Next Game:
Week 7 2011:
@
(3-3)

Injury Report:

OAK: Brandon Myers - TE
CIN: Andrew Whitworth - RG
Bobbie Williams - LG
Andre Smith - RT
Old 09-20-2010, 09:14 AM   #74
Rookie

Week 7 2011 Results

2011 - Week 7 - Cincinnati @ Oakland

Defense shuts down again but Raiders stay undefeated

The game started out with a surprise onside kick. I felt I wanted to be agressive early and we got the ball, but our offense couldn't even pick up a first down so we had to punt.

Good thing our defense plays well early. Palmer's first pass was picked off which got us a field goal and took away their first two posessions. Their offense came back though, getting a touchdown at the end of the 1st quarter.

Murray had another game over 100 yards, but with just 3.9 yards per carry, it's not too impressive since he had 30 touches this game. He got a touchdown and also had 5 receptions.

Whitehurst had a good game, throwing for 244 yards, 2 TDs and no interceptions. He completed just 44% of his passes, however. I'm not too sure what our offensive identity is. We run a lot, but we aren't getting the yards I expect and our passing game is lackluster, at best.

As far as defense goes, it's hard to be happy when we let leads slip away late in the game. We again got some takeaways, but i'm not impressed with our defense, to be brutally honest.

It might sound weird, but we may be 6-0, but beating 4 teams below .500, including a winless Bills team and two teams in a row with barely any offensive line starters playing, it's hard to be happy or impressed. Especially with the bull**** defense we have late in games.

NFL Scoreboard - Bengals (3-3) at Raiders (5-0)
, 20111234F
Bengals7371027
Raiders31113734
Top Performers
Bengals - Stats
Carson Palmer - 22/41, 361 yds, 3 TDs, 2 INTs
Raiders - Stats
Charlie Whitehurst - 13/29, 244 yds, 2 TDs
Team Stats Comparison
OAKBUF
First Downs1712
3rd Down Efficiency4-146-20
4th Down Efficiency1-21-2
Total Yards499559
Passing Yards327259
Rushing Yards64148
Penalties-Penalty Yards4-263-30
Turnovers22
Time of Possession26:1233:48
Bengals
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
Charlie Whitehurst13/2924420
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
Demarco Murray301183.91
Darren McFadden4317.70
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
Zach Miller38929.61
Louis Murphy39331.01
Demarco Murray5285.60
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
Tyvon Branch6100
Michael Huff4010
Kamerion Wimbley4010
KickingFGM/AXPM/APTSLONG
Sebastian Janinkowski4/52/21452
Raiders
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
Carson Palmer22/4136132
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
Cedric Benson17583.40
Naufahu Tahi242.00
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
Jordan Shipley79413.41
Jermaine Gresham611819.60
Chad Ochocinco36120.31
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
Dhani Jones7000
Keith Rivers7000
Ray Maualuga5000
KickingFGM/AXPM/APTSLONG
Jeff Reed2/23/3943

Game Highlights
Michael Huff intercepts a pass
Spoiler

Again, nothing really worth taking time to record, upload and show, but I will show at least one per game.

Next Game:
Week 7 2011:
@
(2-4)

Injury Report:

Peyton Hillis - FB
KC: Brian Waters - LG
Thomas Jones - HB
Branden Albert - LT
Demorrio Williams - MLB
Old 09-20-2010, 02:12 PM   #75
Rookie

Week 8 2011 Results

2011 - Week 8 - Cincinnati @ Oakland

Chiefs stun Oakland - Charles runs past Raiders

This was just an overall embarrassing game to be a part of. The Chiefs got a huge 70+ yard run early in the 1st with Charles for his first TD. Then when Cassel gets knocked out of the game, Seneca Wallace comes in and literally picks apart our defense. Nnamdi Asomugha wasn't even playing up to par.

That was the defensive side. Offense was even worse. A total disaster. Charlie Whitehurst is beginning to show me why he was a backup his whole career. Our running game was crap, we couldn't pass, we couldn't block, we just sucked. And that's what it comes down to.

I won't even go on, other than to say I pulled Whitehurst at the half, only for Marc Bulger to not do any better. Tyrelle Pryor went in when it was obvious we weren't coming back so I could see what he could do - which wasn't too much more.

I don't know where this team is going or how we got the record we do. Our offense hasn't been good all year, and our defense doesn't know whether it wants to show up or not.

Up next is New England in Fox Borough so no matter if we win or not, I won't know what to think of this team.

We'll see where this goes. It's not pretty.

The box score doesn't matter, it's hard to look at, let alone type out.

Game Highlights
Whitehurst throwing one of his two interceptions
Spoiler

Our defense letting Seneca Wallace pick us apart
Spoiler

Jamaal Charles' with one of his big runs in the game
Spoiler

Next Game:
Week 9 2011:
@
(4-3)

Injury Report:

NE: None

Last edited by Downgoesfrazier; 09-20-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2010, 03:49 PM   #76
Rookie

Week 9 2011 Results

2011 - Week 9 - Oakland @ New England

Oakland loses 2nd straight, Welker & Brady tear up
OAK 24 - NE 38

Alright. I have now realized that my team isn't as good as my 6-0 record had indicated. We were playing teams that didn't seem to be playing until when it was garbage time at the end of the game and my defense was tired.

Last week? I don't know what happened besides telling you my team did what it is doing all year: giving up one too many big plays.

This week? We got slapped in the face with reality: We aren't as good as we thought we were. Again, there is next to no offense, and our defense must be the laughing stock of the league.

Nnamdi Asomugha has had two tackles the past two weeks that would've saved touchdowns, but he was left lying in the dust of the opponents receivers. He isn't playing as the athlete everyone knows.

Wes Welker had 13 receptions for 199 yards and a touchdown. Who was covering him? Asomugha. They didn't need Randy Moss it seems. At least not on this day.

We are playing in San Diego against the 4-4 Chargers next week. Throw records out the door for this one. And for every other game we play from this point forward.

It's sad to say, but I saw this coming.

Game Highlights
Wes Welker catches a 50 yard pass from Brady and gets away for a TD- Out of bounds?
Spoiler

Even if he got some passes of, I made sure we got to Brady
Spoiler

Next Game:
Week 10 2011:
@ (4-3)

Injury Report:
SD: Marcus McNeil - LT
Ryan O'Callaghan - RT
Jeremy Williams - WR
Chavis Williams - LOLB
Old 09-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #77
Rookie

Re: Commitment to Excellence - The Oakland Raiders

I hate to do this, but I have to let you know if you're following that I'm not sure if I'll continue this franchise. I've done some things I would sort of like back (not losses, I'll take those like a man lol) and wish I did some things I didn't. Not to mention I've always disliked the Raiders uniforms and am just plain sick of them and the stadium right now. Add to that the QB mess I've had for 2 seasons and just a general lack of interest thats been growing in me for this franchise. I also would like a more consistent layout - small things like that bug me.

I've been inspired by Tomriddle's and Bichettehappens' franchises and the way they're layed out and what they have included.

I'm not sure whether or not I'll keep this one, but if I don't, I'll most definitely have one with another team that I will make sure to keep for a long time and make it much more interesting than this one has been - It's a mess as of right now.

So I'll be back soon to let you all know what I'll do with it, for those of you following and thanks for doing so.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:37 PM   #78
Rookie

Re: Commitment to Excellence - The Oakland Raiders

I've decided to CTRL+ALT+DEL this franchise in favor of a new one. As I said in the previous post, I've lost interest in it, it's become somewhat of a mess, the scores are way too high, I made major tweaks to my sliders and lowered the game time to give better scores, stats and games for me to be a part of.

I've got some things for my new franchise I will be doing that I should have done here, and hope my followers will come follow my other franchise that will be posted soon - and I will be sticking with it. Should be fun.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »