Home

London Gladiators

This is a discussion on London Gladiators within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
Rookie

Severus21's Arena

OVR: 9
London Gladiators

After several days of negotiation in order to avoid a lockout which would be damaging to both sides the owners, bar one, & players of the NFL managed to come to an agreement over the terms of a new labour deal between them. The one owner who refused to approve the deal was Buffalo’s Ralph Wilson, who announced his intention to sell the Bills as to the highest bidder as he’d grown weary of the NFL and wanted out.

Many big names ranging from 50 Cent to Rush Limbaugh were touted as being interested in purchasing the Bills, but to the distress of all Buffalo fans every single prospective buyer was intent on a relocation of the franchise to a bigger television market or city. There was also interest for the franchise from Mexico and Canada and further afield from Italy, England & Germany, which while being long shots were considered viable because of the man who was to make the final decision’s, drive to globalise the NFL meant he was likely to favour the 1st international franchise in the NFL.

The man in question is of course Roger Goodell, who is charged with the task of finding a new owner and most likely new home for the Buffalo Bills.

The bids submitted for consideration were as follows:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
Rookie

Severus21's Arena

Re: London Gladiators

The deadline for submission had passed and Roger Goodell was faced with the job of coming to a decision with regards to the identity of the new owner and franchise. The 2 popular favourites were the Toronto franchise and the New York franchise, a pairing many current Bills fans felt were the lesser of the 2 evils compared with moving the team to Europe, which was the only other choice due Santa Fe & Mexico City bids being all but discarded early on for reasons unknown.

This meant the three European bids, although nowhere near as popular the frontrunners were regarded as having a slim shot at being awarded the franchise due to all 3 potential franchises willingness to be as flexible as possible in terms of scheduling to make it easier on the US franchises when it came to travelling. Indeed travelling was the only concern for these bids as each had a fan base for American football bigger than Buffalo's was, each had a wealthy owner who were deemed suitable to own a NFL franchise, and most of all each had brand spanking stadiums with London's being particularly impressive.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
Rookie

Severus21's Arena

New York City, 26th April 2010.

Absolute pandemonium in sports news halls up and down the nation as word filters through that the NFL commissioner was preparing to release a press statement naming the new franchise and city to replace the Buffalo Bills in the AFC East.

As rumours spread like wildfire, with some news outlets report that the favourite bid for the new franchise, Toronto, is set to lose out while others say it did win the bid, Roger Goodell walks on to the set of NFL Total Access and relays the stunning news that would rock the NFL.

Roger Goodell: First of all I want everyone watching to know this wasn't an easy decision to make for me, it cost me a lot of time, effort and emotion but i have finally made the decision, in fact I've made two very important decisions.

From the beginning I felt the new franchise to replace the Buffalo Bills needed to be the franchise that I feel allows the NFL to expand globally in a way that is most beneficial to the NFL's global ambitions right now and in the future & needed to bethe franchise that will add the most to the NFL's cultures and traditions, both assets that I value very much.

To that end I'm pleased to announce the new franchise to replace the Buffalo Bills in the AFC East will be the London Gladiators, because I felt this bid satisfied my criteria better than any other and so I look forward to joining the rest of the league in welcoming London to the NFL fold.

Don't rush off yet people, because I have also come to the conclusion that following the negative atmosphere that was evident during the bitter negotiations between the players & owners I have decided to institute a league wide draft so as make a clean break from the past and to underscore our new international appeal, I have spoken to the owners and this proposal has been ratified by the required 24/32 franchises, anyway enough from me and I'll see you again soon for the draft!
Old 09-04-2010, 03:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Severus21's Arena

LONDON GLADIATORS

Game: Madden NFL 11
Team: London Gladiators
Sliders: Jd_Seven's
Trade Deadline: On
Qtr. Length: 12 mins.
Acc. Clock: 25 secs.