Home

*Brining the noise back to arrowhead* A Kansas City Chiefs Franchise

This is a discussion on *Brining the noise back to arrowhead* A Kansas City Chiefs Franchise within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2010, 12:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
*Brining the noise back to arrowhead* A Kansas City Chiefs Franchise

Back in 1969 The Chiefs claimed their very first superbowl against the Minnesota Vikings. That win was the most memorable win in franchise history and is the only time Chief fans can say they have won the super bowl, on top of that its been 17 years since the team has won a playoff game.

But there is hope as The Chiefs axed Carl Peterson and Coach Herm Edwards, and hired former Patriots general manager Scott Pioli, and former Arizona offensive coordinator Todd Haley to be the coach to hopefully restore Kansas City's tradition and bring them back to relevance.

Running Back Jammal Charles emerged last year in week 8 after Larry Johnson was traded due to being a cancer for the team. Coach Haley needed a weapon a spark for the offense and thats what he got as Charles in just 8 games rushed for over 1000 yards including a 240 yard with 2 td's performance against the Denver Broncoes.

The Chiefs have what it takes now lets see if they can bring the noise back to Arrowhead.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
whats up guys this is my very first attempt at a franchise and I could use whatever advice you may have because i want this to be the best it can be.

I read other Chises on here along with ones on IGN and it inspired me to do my own.

I know the intro was short and i will try and make it longer from now on.

once again if there are any pointers you guys have post them please.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Arrowhead.jpg (14.6 KB, 49 views)
File Type: gif Kansas City Chiefs Primary Logo.gif (7.6 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by Chiefs25; 09-05-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 01:08 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: *Brining the noise back to arrowhead* A Kansas City Chiefs Franchise

alright so here is the info

GAME: Madden 11
System:Xbox 360
Quarter Length: 15 mins
Acc Clock:25 secs
Sliders:Cowboys63 Coach Sliders
Sim Injuries:ON
Injuries:ON
Salary Cap:ON
Trade Deadline:ON
Old 09-05-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
Rookie

im not good at story like franchises so im gonna do what Tom Riddle does and just fill you in on what im doing with the team and how they did againt the other team etc.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
Rookie

Alright im going to be using my boys the Kansas City Chiefs. I think they have what it takes to go 8-8 or better this year.

Strengths: The Running Game: With Jammal Charles who came in week 8 and just sparked the Chiefs offense by finishing the season with 1,000 yards rushing he will be the vocal point of my offense. Thomas Jones was released from the New York Jets after finishing the season with 1,400 yards rushing I will use Jones as a 3rd and short/goal line type back unless Jammal needs a breather of course.

Secondary:This group has me really excited as it includes rookies Eric Berry who is gonna be a flat out stud for me as this franchise progresses,after ranking near dead last in pass defense Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli decided to do something about my taking Berry at 5th Overall. Berry has everything needed to be a star in this league as he draws comparisons to Safety Ed Reed in the way that he is a ball hawk like Reed,he also draws comparisons from Troy Polumalu who is known for his closing speed and tackling ability some think that Berry has even better closing speed and tackling ability than Polumalu. Brandon Flowers, this kid is also a stud and has what it takes to be a shut down corner in the league his first two years in the league combined he has had 8 ints. Three the first year and five the second year respectively Flowers is a huge part of this secondary and without him this unit struggles as he is the leader of this group. Kendrick Lewis, with Jarrad Page not happy about his contract situation Lewis will battle Jon Mccgraw in the preseason to decide who will be starting opposite of Berry Lewis has good man coverage skills and is a great tackler.Mccgraw has been know the past few years by Chief fans as someone that always gets burnt if he wants to keep his starting Job he better have a great preseason.

Weaknesses: This teams main weakness was stopping the run last year as they ranked 31st in the league against the run. Coach Todd Haley decided that player progression was the most important part for this front 7 with Glenn Dorsey entering his 3rd year and Tyson Jackson entering his second it will be up to them to produce this year for the Chiefs. Also keep an eye on the middle linebacker position as the preseason will determine a clear cut starter at the spot.

Players who have to make an immediate impact:

Matt Cassel: Entering his second year with the team Cassel looks to take advantage of new weapons Dexter Mccluster,Tony Moeki. Last year Cassel had an average year he threw for 2,000 yards and had 16 tds and 16 ints with a year under the system pay attention to Cassel as many feel this is his make or break year.

Eric Berry: I have no doubts that Berry is a stud, but him immediately making plays is gonna be important for this secondary as they have not had a true safety like Berry in a while.

Dexter Mccluster: This kid is quick plain and simple and he needs to be a play maker right off the bat because this Offense has lacked a explosive play maker at WR ever since Dante Hall left town a few years ago. If he can contribute right away and put up good numbers and Cassel stays standing this could be a scary team

Dwayne Bowe: First two years in it looked as if the Chiefs had an elite WR on there hands. However with Bowe struggling the past two years some feel its time to move on from Bowe and trade him. I say not so fast and that if he can focus on football he still has what it takes to be an elite WR in the league.
I plan on Shipping Jarrad Page anybody got some teams that i could get a good deal from?
Old 09-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #5
Rookie

Todd Haley has announced the starting depth chart here is how it looks.

QB:
(1) Matt Cassel
(2) Brodie Croyle

RB:
(1) Jammal Charles
(2) Thomas Jones
(3) Jackie Battle

FB:
(1) Mike Cox

WR:
(1)Dwayne Bowe
(2)Chris Chambers
(3) Dexter Mccluster *R*

TEs:
(1)Tony Moeki *R*
(2)Leonard Pope

LT:
(1)Branden Albert
(2)Barry Richardson

LG:
(1)Brian Waters
(2)Jon Asamoah *R*

C:
(1)Casey Wiegmann
(2)Rudy Niswanger

RG:
(1)Jon Asamoah *R*
(2)Ryan Lilja

RT:
(1)Ryan O'callaghan
(2)Ikechuku Ndukewe

Left Defensive End:
(1)Wallace Gilberry
(2)Tyson Jackson

Right Defensive End:
(1)Alex Magee
(2)Glenn Dorsey

Defensive Tackle:
(1)Shaun Smith
(2)Dion Gales
(3)Ron Edwards

Left Outside Linebacker:
(1)Andy Studebaker
(2)Mike Vrabel
(3)Cameron Sheffield *R*

Middle Linebacker:
(1)Corey Mays
(2)Derrick Johnson
(3)Demarrio Williams

Right Outside Linebacker:
(1)Tamba Hali
(2)Pierre Walters
(3)Cameron Sheffield *R*

Corner Backs:
(1)Brandon Flowers
(2)Brandon Carr
(3)Javier Arenas *R*

Free Safety:
(1)Eric Berry *R*
(2)Rashard Langford

Strong Saftey:
(1)Kendrick Lewis *R*
(2)Jon Mcgraw

Kicker:
(1)Ryan Succop

Punter:
(1)Dustin Colquitt

KR:
(1)Javier Arenas *R*
(2)Dexter Mccluster *R*

PR:
(1)Javier Arenas *R*

*Subject to change*
*R*indicates Rookie

Last edited by Chiefs25; 09-05-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #6
Rookie

if anyone is following this can you let me know please it feels like im talking to myself when im posting instead of a community.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs25
im not good at story like franchises so im gonna do what Tom Riddle does and just fill you in on what im doing with the team and how they did againt the other team etc.
haha thanks

imo every chise is different and that in itself is the beauty of it.. because every team's season IS the story

one thing i can say is don't do resets.. if you win great if you lose even better! if you lose key players to injury, hey that's the game for ya

but it makes it fun when you chronicle your team win or lose

pretty much the key to it all, just have fun

edit: adding one more thing.. YOU have fun, don't do your chises for others n such it's a chronicle of your team after all so just keep posting/etc.. lol sometimes i get a bigger headstart than i want to it's hard to catch back up to the updates because i've played X games ahead already.. so i try to at least make notes of how each game went/etc so it's easier to update

Last edited by tomriddle; 09-05-2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:27 PM   #8
Rookie

NFL Scoreboard - Chargers (0-1) at Chiefs (1-0)
September 13, 20101234F
Chargers3703
Chiefs2114721
Top Performers
Chargers - Stats
Philip Rivers 68.0 QB rating 18-32 166 yards 56 % completion TD INT
Antonio Gates 7 Rec 69 yards
Chiefs - Stats
Jammal Charles 20 carries 200 yards rushing,rushing TD
Thomas Jones 13 carries 116 yards TD
Team Stats Comparison
SDKC
First Downs1511
3rd Down Efficiency4-14(28%)6-10(60%)
4th Down Efficiency0-0(0%)0-1(0%)
Total Yards297759
Passing Yards152102
Rushing Yards145312
Penalties-Penalty Yards5-504-31
Turnovers2(-2)0(+2)
Time of Possession28:5319:07
Scoring Summary
First QuarterSDKC
KC11:46(KC)Jammal Charles, 76 yard Touchdown run(Ryan Succop)07
KC7:08(KC)Bradon Carr, 49 yard interception return(Ryan Succop kick)014
SD3:03(SD)Nate Kaeding, 29 yard FG314
KC0:38(KC)Javier Arenas, Returns punt 77 yards for Touchdown(Ryan Succop)321
Second QuarterSDKC
KC8:58(KC)Dexter Mccluster 55 yard pass from Matt Cassel(Ryan Succop kick)328
SD3:13(SD)Buster Davis 1 yard pass from Phlip Rivers(Nate Kaeding kick)1028
KC2:45(KC)Javier Arenas, Returns kickoff 97 yards(Ryan Succop kick)1035
Third QuarterSDKC
KC3:05(KC)Leonard Pope 5 yard pass from Matt Cassel(Ryan Succop kick)1042
Fourth QuarterSDKC
SD11:37(SD)Nate Kaeding,41 FG1342
KC8:16(KC)Thomas Jones,34 yard Touchdown run(Ryan Succop kick)1349
KC3:37(KC)Dwayne Bowe 24 yard pass from Matt Cassel(Ryan Succop kick)1356
KC0:00Maurice Leggett, Returns Punt 81 yards(Ryan Succop kick)1363
Chargers
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
Philip Rivers18/3216611
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
Ryan Matthews18985.4
Darren Sproles8475.8
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
Antonio Gates7699.80
Vincent Jackson23015.00
Buster Davis22311.51
Randy McMichael22914.50
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
Shawne Merriman6000
Darrel Stucky5000
Shaun Phillips5100
Luis Castillo3000
Kick ReturningNO.YDSTDLONG
Marcus Mason5129027
Punt ReturningNO.YDSTDLONG
Buster Davis110010
Darren Sproles1707
Chiefs
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
Matt Cassel6/810830
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
Jammal Charles2020010.01
Thomas Jones131168.91
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
Dexter Mccluster15555.01
Dwayne Bowe12424.01
Tony Moeki11818.00
Leonard Pope155.01
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
Derrick Johnson8000
Corey Mays8000
Brandon Carr40491
Mike Vrabel2100
Kick ReturningNO.YDSTDLONG
Javier Arenas4156196
Punt ReturningNO.YDSTDLONG
Javier Arenas4108177
Maurice Leggett181181

The Chiefs Players were hungry for a win and they showed it here. Jammal Charles went off like a mad man and had 20 carries for 200 yards and a score. The Chargers were 40 point favorites and the Chiefs sent them packing. Heres what Head Coach Todd Haley had to say.

"Now thats how you kickoff the season! I felt we did all the things right and we just went out and had fun.Before the game I talked about how no one had they favored to win and they should take that underdog persona and come out here and give these loyal fans something to cheer about and im happy we were able to do that for them."

I was very happy with this win because I hate the Chargers with a passion almost as much as I hate the Raiders.

Im proud of the D for containing Rivers to under 200 yards but we defiantly need no find away to keep them from moving the chains even if they are a "high powered offense".

for the draft im going to do use generic draft classes and rename the players to the players entering the 2011 NFL Draft. I feel like the imported ones are broken as alot of people do so thats why i chose to do it this way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »