Home

Life after Joe Pa: A Penn State Dynasty (NCAA 11)

This is a discussion on Life after Joe Pa: A Penn State Dynasty (NCAA 11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2010, 02:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Exclamation Life after Joe Pa: A Penn State Dynasty (NCAA 11)

I have been following Deuce 2223's dynasty and I decided that I want to give this a second shot.

Dynasty Rules:
Quarter Lenght: 9 minutes
Difficulty: All American, SN's sliders
Recruiting Difficulty: All American
Rosters: Roman Caesars as of Spt. 18
Please leave questions, comments, and feedback. I am doing this for the OS community, not for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Life after Joe Pa: A Penn State Dynasty (NCAA 11)

A Little Bit of History of The Penn State Nittany Lions

The Legend and Tradition of The Nittany Lion
Penn State's athletic symbol, the Nittany Lion, was chosen by the student body in 1906. The lion once roamed the central Pennsylvania area. H.D. "Joe" Mason, a member of the Class of 1907, conducted a one-man campaign to choose a school mascot after seeing the Princeton tiger on a trip with the Penn State baseball team to that New Jersey campus. A student publication sponsored the campaign to select a mascot and Penn State is believed to be the first college to adopt the lion as a mascot. Due to the fact that Penn State is located in the Nittany Valley, the lion was designated as a Nittany Lion.

The Nittany Lion Shrine
The shrine of Penn State was dedicated on October 24, 1942, during the Homecoming Weekend. Animal sculptor, Heinz Warneke, and stonecutter, Joseph Garatti, molded a 13-ton block of Indiana limestone into the most recognizable symbol of Penn State. The shrine was chosen from six models submitted by Warneke. The shrine is a gift of the Class of 1940 and rests in a natural setting of trees near Recreation Building. The site was chosen, because of the accessibility, the surrounding trees, and the fact that the sculpture would not be dwarfed by nearby buildings.

Blue and White
Penn State's student-athletes are instantly identified by their blue and white uniforms. However, those weren't the original school colors. A three-member committee representing the sophomore, junior and senior classes was appointed in October, 1887, to develop color options from which the student body would select the school's official colors. Dark pink and black was the undisputed choice of the student body, after considering the color combinations presented by the committee. Soon many students and the baseball team were wearing pink and black striped blazers and caps. However, problems arose when the pink faded to white after several weeks of exposure to the sun. The students then decided to go for blue, rather than black, and white. The official announcement of the new choice was made on March 18, 1890.

Old 09-18-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
Rookie

The Penn State Nittany Lions ended their 2009 -2010 campaign with a win against LSU in the Outback Bowl by a final score of 19 - 17. After the game, Penn State fans never saw this coming. Joe Paterno announced he would not return next year because he wanted to go out on a good note and wanted to spend time with family. Penn State AD released a statement when Joe Paterno announced his retirement: "The University is very saddened to here that Joe has decided to retire. However, we respect his decision. We thank him so much for what he has done for this University. He will never be forgotten, and we are speaking to him and his family about celebrating his legacy at the home opener against Youngstown State. We will begin a coaching vacancy search, and will try to have a coach in before spring, to implement the coaches philosiphy. We wish Joe the best with his family, and will, forever, be a Nittany Lion."

Last edited by Braves21; 09-21-2010 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:54 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Good luck. You know I will be following along.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
Rookie

thanks deuce. im a big fan of your boise dynasty. i hope you dont mind if i kinda use the same format of your dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2010, 01:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Breaking News, January 21

Penn State Athletic Director Timothy M. Curley is stepping down as the Penn State University Athletic Director. He will be taking over the Athletic Director position at the University of Wisconsin. "I was offered to become the AD at the University of Wisconsin. They came to me a few days after Joe retired, and asked if I would be interested in being there Athletic Director. I told them I would take some time to think about it, and have decided that it is an oppurtunity I can't turn down. It's a school with a lot of history and a powerhouse in all of their sports." Penn State's school president, Graham Spanier, released a statement on Timothy Curley's leave. "I am very dissapointed in Tim and the University of Wisconsin. We lost our hall of fame coach earlier this month, and now we lose our Athletic Director. We won't forget this when our athletic teams play Wisconsin. We will put our search for a head coach on halt, and begin searching for an athletic director immediately. I am sorry for the student body at this University, and promise you we will have an athletic director and head coach by the time the football season kicks off."
Old 09-19-2010, 01:44 PM   #7
Rookie

Penn State finds new AD, many surprised but happy

9 days after former Penn State AD, Timothy M. Curley, stepped down to take the same position at The University of Wisconsin, Penn State has introduced their new AD. Graham Spanier announced today," I am very happy to announce that we have found our new athletic director of Penn State University. After the news broke that Tim was leaving for Wisconsin, Lloyd Carr reached out to me and said "I can't believe Tim would do something like that" and "I would love to be the athletic director at Penn State". When he first reached out, I said, are you sure you have the right number? He laughed and said yes. He said, he always wanted to be an athletic director, and said we can put the rivalry from when we used to play each other on the football field behind us. At first I was not sure it would be such a good idea, but after I though about it for a while, I called him back and said, I would love for you to be the new athletic director at Penn State University. He accepted and said he would get on the coaching search as soon as he stepped into his office. So, now I would like to introduce our new AD, Lloyd Carr."

"I would like to start off and say that I am honored to be Penn State's new athletic director. There is so much history and tradition at this program. I promise you all that we will restore our athletic departments to a powerhouse. I know that many of you are surprised, but I will make this one of the greatest college athletics program ever. I will start our coaching search for the football team after this press conference. He will have the choice to keep the coaching staff, or replace them with other coaches of their choice. Now, how about we get this thing started?"

Many people find this hiring as a surprise, but it may be one of the best possible moves for the Penn State athletic department. Hopefully, they can put aside the fact that he coached Michigan, and let him start fresh.

Last edited by Braves21; 09-19-2010 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

good luck man

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »