Home

The Music City Miracle [Titans Madden 11] [Take 2]

This is a discussion on The Music City Miracle [Titans Madden 11] [Take 2] within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #65
MVP

Adam14's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Music City Miracle [Titans Madden 11] [Take 2]

Tennessee Titans - Draft Recap

The Tennessee Titans had a stellar draft early, but seem to have missed a bit in the late rounds. They worked throughout the first fifteen picks trying to make a move up in the draft to select LSU cornerback Patrick Peterson, but were unable to come to a deal and watched him get selected by Chicago with the sixteenth overall pick. Eight picks later, the Titans selected cornerback Devon Torrence out of Ohio State. In need of a defensive end, the Titans began looking to trade back into the first round or even potentially the early second round and finally came to a deal with the Detroit Lions. The Titans received the second pick in the second round [34th overall] as well as the second pick in the fifth round [130th overall] in exchange for the Titans twenty-fourth pick in the second round [56th overall], safety Chris Hope, receiver Justin Gage and a third round selection in the 2012 NFL Draft. Gage is slated to start opposite Calvin Johnson and Hope will be in a battle for the starting strong safety position. The Titans used the pick to select Pittsburgh defensive end Greg Romeus. Without a third round pick due to the Albert Haynesworth trade, the Titans picked again in the fourth round, when they selected linebacker Keenan Robinson from Texas. Ten picks later, the Titans had Detroit’s second pick when they selected TCU defensive end Wayne Daniels. They then traded up again, surrendering their sixth round pick, defensive tackle Sen’Derrick Marks and a 2012 sixth round pick to the Indianapolis Colts for the Colts fifth round selection. The pick was spent on Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor. In the final round, the Titans selected UAB safety Hiram Atwater.

Draft Pick Recap

Round 1 – Pick 24
Ohio State CB Devon Torrence | 77 Overall, A Potential
Round 2 – Pick 2 – From Detroit
Pittsburgh DE Greg Romeus | 72 Overall, B Potential
Round 4 – Pick 24
Texas LB Keenan Robinson | 64 Overall, B Potential
Round 5 – Pick 2 – From Detroit
TCU DE Wayne Daniels | 63 Overall, B Potential
Round 5 – Pick 29 – From Indianapolis
Ohio State QB Terrelle Pryor | 59 Overall, C Potential
Round 7 – Pick 24
UAB S Hiram Atwater | 47 Overall, F Potential

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #66
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJTurneR
Always love reading your dynasty. Keep it up CJ.
Thanks! Finally got myself caught up, whew, a lot of typing.. haha.

So, here's my slight dilemma. I franchised Cutler on the Bears because he had another poor season. Injury ridden, more interceptions than touchdowns, etc... So, a trade is on my mind. There's a lot of teams that would be interested in him, but I'm curious as to what to ask for. They traded away two first round picks for him, but his stock has certainly dropped since then. Is a first and second too little? Too much?

Personally, I've always like Cutler and would love to trade for him on the Titans. However, if I was to give up a first and second, my first pick in the draft would be a fourth round pick, which is just horrible. Thus, if I was to make the move within the Titans, here's the trade I would present. Let's hear your comments.

Titans Trade | R1, R2, QB Vince Young
Bears Trade | R3, QB Jay Cutler

Thoughts?

Old 10-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #67
Banned

outspoknpoet's Arena

OVR: 0

Pryor in the 5th could be awesome!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:54 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ-Titans
Thanks! Finally got myself caught up, whew, a lot of typing.. haha.

So, here's my slight dilemma. I franchised Cutler on the Bears because he had another poor season. Injury ridden, more interceptions than touchdowns, etc... So, a trade is on my mind. There's a lot of teams that would be interested in him, but I'm curious as to what to ask for. They traded away two first round picks for him, but his stock has certainly dropped since then. Is a first and second too little? Too much?

Personally, I've always like Cutler and would love to trade for him on the Titans. However, if I was to give up a first and second, my first pick in the draft would be a fourth round pick, which is just horrible. Thus, if I was to make the move within the Titans, here's the trade I would present. Let's hear your comments.

Thoughts?
To be honest, I think you're giving up too much for him. At most I would say, at this point, you could get him for just a 1st. but I think a 1, 2 and Vince is too much, given it's clear that he's not in the "elite" group of QBs currently.

I would even say a 2nd and 4th would be more than sufficient. But I don't know, you might want to get a couple other opinions.

By the way, liking the franchise as usual, glad the Cowboys took a safety (or you took one for them lol), good stuff
Old 10-08-2010, 10:11 PM   #69
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ-Titans

Thoughts?
I'm finding it tough to balance things out in my franchise when controlling all e32 teams. Obviously, you want somewhat realistic trades... but you don't want to swing things too far in your favor.

I would say that you should take the first round hit for Cutler. He will do better with you than he did with the CPU Bears. If you think that trade is a bit too lopsided against you, then just drop the other picks involved.

Titans Trade | R1, QB Vince Young
Bears Trade | QB Jay Cutler
Old 10-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
I'm finding it tough to balance things out in my franchise when controlling all e32 teams. Obviously, you want somewhat realistic trades... but you don't want to swing things too far in your favor.

I would say that you should take the first round hit for Cutler. He will do better with you than he did with the CPU Bears. If you think that trade is a bit too lopsided against you, then just drop the other picks involved.

Titans Trade | R1, QB Vince Young
Bears Trade | QB Jay Cutler
That sounds fair enough, won't have much use for Young with Cutler (could pick up a scrambler in FA easy if you need someone for that) and it gives the Bears someone to put under center until the QB of the future is drafted/ready
Old 10-09-2010, 12:05 AM   #71
MVP

Adam14's Arena

Thanks for the comments guys, I do appreciate it. I've always been a Cutler fan, so I'd really like to get him on my team if at all possible. Personally, I almost feel like just a first and Vince Young [who is an 81 overall] is almost not enough. I'd love to give a first and third, but my third is already gone from the previous draft. Maybe a First, 2013 Third, and VY for him?

Although his stock has drastically dropped, I still think he's worth two draft picks.

Hell, maybe even Chicago could toss in a late [4/5] round pick too?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just read through the whole thing, such a good chise. Can't wait to see what you got in year 2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »