Home

BryanJayyy's Chicago Bears Franchise

This is a discussion on BryanJayyy's Chicago Bears Franchise within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2010, 11:32 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: BryanJayyy's Chicago Bears Franchise

Browns Prove Too Much in Final Quarter
LeFevour strong in first NFL appearance
By: BryanJayyy

Cleveland, OH - Rookie QB Dan LeFevour led the Chicago Bears (2-2) at the start of the third quarter with a touchdown drive to take a 17-10 lead, but the Cleveland Browns (2-2) offense prevailed in the fourth quarter with two touchdowns to win the game, 24-17. In the coaches eyes, LeFevour's play out shined the loss and they were very happy with what they saw.

On LeFevour's opening drive, he connected five out of five times for 60 yards, including a 15 yard touchdown pass to WR Juaquin Iglesias to take the lead halfway through the third quarter. His drive caught eye of coaches Lovie Smith and Mike Martz. LeFevour later went on to throw one pick of a tip pass and failed to get a good passing drive going, but that didn't seem to faze the coaching staff.

"Dan did a great job out there today," stated Smith. "We honestly didn't think he had it in him and since we never gave him a chance, we didn't really know what he was all about. He seemed to look at Juaquin a lot and those two really worked well together. It's good to know we have some back up in case something happens."

Browns' QB Brett Ratliff smoked the Bears completing 17 of 28 passes for 226 yards and two touchdowns. Ratliff played the entire game due to both other quarterbacks being injured. He took full advantage of Smith's patented cover 2 defense throughout the game which resulted in the Bears' defense scrambling for a new way of stopping the quarterback. After upping the pressure by more blitz packages, the Bears' defense began making more plays but by that time it was a little too late.

Most of Ratliff's yards came off the big play which has been something the Bears' have been having trouble not giving up. The Browns had 4 plus 20 yard passes throughout the game, including Mohamed Massaquoi's game winning 45 yard touchdown. This Bears' defense must find a way to limit these big plays, whether it be on the ground or through the air, if they want to be successful as a unit.

After the game, CB Charles Tillman had this to say, "We got burned on a few plays and we can't allow that. We had the game in our hands, but next thing you know there is a guy open down field with none of us around. It sucks and I know its pre-season but every time we come out here we expect to win and not give up easy points like we did today. We just have to hit the practice field and get ready for Detroit."

Although finishing 2-2, the Bears got a little glimpse of what they will be seeing come the regular season. This loss to Cleveland now means nothing as the season opener is right around the corner. The Bears will face off against the Detroit Lions and look for them to come out swinging.

NFL Scoreboard - Chicago Bears (2-2) at Cleveland Browns (2-2)
September 11, 20101234F
Chicago Bears0107017
Cleveland Browns7301424
Top Performers
Chicago Bears - Stats
Dan Lefevour - 11/21 79yds 1td 1int
Juaquin Iglesias - 3rec 34yds 1td
Cleveland Browns - Stats
Brett Ratliff - 17/28 226yds 2td
Mohamed Massaquoi - 3rec 69yds 1td
Team Stats Comparison
CHICLE
First Downs1115
3rd Down Efficiency5-153-10
4th Down Efficiency1-20-0
Total Yards254312
Passing Yards188219
Rushing Yards6693
Penalties-Penalty Yards0-02-15
Turnovers11
Time of Possession21:5926:01
Scoring Summary
First QuarterCHICLE
CLE0:06M. Hardesty, 1 Yd run (P. Dawson kick)07
Second QuarterCHICLE
CHI6:47R. Gould, 22 Yd FG37
CLE2:36P. Dawson, 44 Yd FG310
CHI1:28G. Olsen 15 Yd pass from C. Hanie (R. Gould kick)1010
Third QuarterCHICLE
CHI4:13J. Iglesias 15 Yd pass from D. LeFevour (R. Gould kick)1710
Fourth QuarterCHICLE
CLE11:54P. Hillis 21 Yd pass from B. Ratliff (P. Dawson kick)1717
CLE1:23M. Massaquoi 45 Yd pass from B. Ratliff (P. Dawson kick)1724
Chicago Bears
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
C. Hanie5/1310510
D. LeFevour11/217911
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
C. Taylor15422.80
M. Forte7202.80
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
C. Taylor4112.70
J. Iglesias33411.31
D. Hester34414.60
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
L. Briggs7000
M. Wright4000
P. Tinoisamoa3000
H. Hillenmeyer3000
Kick ReturningNO.YDSTDLONG
J. Knox121021
D. Manning477022
Punt ReturningNO.YDSTDLONG
D. Manning1101
J. Knox0000
KickingFGM/AXPM/APTSLONG
R. Gould1/12/2523
PuntingNO.YDSAVGIN 20
B. Maynard415939.70
Cleveland Browns
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
B. Ratliff17/2822620
J. Delhomme0/0000
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
M. Hardesty12514.21
J. Harrison10434.30
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
M. Massaquoi36923.01
J. Harrison2126.00
P. Hillis23216.01
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
E. Barton5000
E. Wright4000
T. Ward4000
C. Geathers3000
Kick ReturningNO.YDSTDLONG
J. Harrison126026
J. Cribbs234017
Punt ReturningNO.YDSTDLONG
C. Stuckey215012
J. Cribbs1404
KickingFGM/AXPM/APTSLONG
P. Dawson1/13/3644
PuntingNO.YDSAVGIN 20
D. Zastudil620233.62

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 11:41 PM   #26
Rookie

Note: I'm so glad the preseason is over! Depending on how late I stay up, either today or tomorrow I will do a BIG preseason wrap-up with the latest news mainly focusing on the Bears, but I also plan to throw some headlines in from around the league. Then after that an article and game one preview. I'm so stoked for the regular season. Go Bears!
Old 09-29-2010, 01:05 AM   #27
Rookie

2010 Preseason Review
By: BryanJayyy

Chicago, IL - The Chicago Bears finished the 2010 preseason with a record of 2-2 with every game being fill with both highs and lows. Some players stood above the rest while some sunk to the bottom. Injuries were minimal and spirits remained high. As the Bears enter into the regular season, this team must stick to their game plans and play football the only way they know how; Chicago style.

Final Scores Preseason Weeks 1-4
Week 1: Chicago 27, San Diego 31
Week 2: Oakland 17, Chicago 25
Week 3: Arizona 7, Chicago 26
Week 4: Chicago 17, Cleveland 24

Standouts
QB Dan LeFevour - 11/21 // 79 YDS // 1 TD // 1 INT
---> Although only playing in the preseason finale, LeFevour impressed coaches and teammates with his first drive of the NFL. His arm strength is unquestionable and is quick on his feet. Accuracy problems hurt at times, but Dan has great potential of being the number 2 quarterback.

WR Devin Hester - 10 REC // 194 YDS // 19.4 AVE // 1 TD // 151 return yards // 1 TD
---> After making the transition to wide receiver, Hester has slowly worked himself into a solid player on the offensive side of the ball. He is quick, better at catching than previous years and making sure he stays as the Bears #1 receiver. His punt return skills are better than anyone else in the NFL and will always be a threat as long as he is kicked to.

CB Tim Jennings - 13 TACK // 1 FF // 1 FR // 1 TD
---> Tim Jennings has been everywhere in the past four preseason games forcing fumbles, scoring touchdowns and making tackles. His confidence on and off the field make him an explosive player that will get the job done. He finished second in tackles behind LB Lance Briggs and one of two players to score touchdowns this preseason. (DE Julius Peppers also returned a fumble) Look for Jennings to be the number one or two receiver.

Disappointments
HB Matt Forte - 61 ATT // 200 YDS // 3.2 AVG // 1 TD
---> After proclaiming after the first week that he desires a bigger leadership role, Matt Forte failed to deliver on his expectations. Averaging 50 yards a game, Forte must step up and provide this team with a ground game. The talent is there, but it's up to Forte to make sure plays happen. Forte will be spending time with Chester Taylor, but must put up more numbers if he wants to stay at number 1.

DE Julius Peppers - 6 TACK // 0 SACK // 0 FF // 1 FR // 1 TD
---> The big off-season acquisition of defensive end Julius Peppers promised to add a push to the Bears' already strong defensive line. However, after 4 preseason games, Peppers never found the quarterback, racked up many tackles or forced any fumbles. With a big contract comes big responsibility and Peppers needs to step it up during the regular season and make an impact.

Position Battles
Head coach Lovie Smith spoke briefly about any position battles that he has currently been debating and it's safe to say that he has made up his mind for the starting lineup on opening day. Here is what he had to say about the following position battles.

1st String CB - Charles Tillman vs. Tim Jennings
---> Winner: Tim Jennings

Lovie: "Tim just had a way better preseason and it's nothing again Tillman. Charles is a very talented cornerback and we're glad we have him. When it came down to it, Jennings was the better choice. He is quick and physical, the perfect combination. We're going up against some good receivers at the beginning of the season and we need Tim to do him and keep those receivers locked down. We have total faith in him."

2nd String QB - Caleb Hanie vs. Dan LeFevour
---> Winner: Dan LeFevour

Lovie: "After the Cleveland game, I sat down with Dan in hopes to see him self-evaluate himself. He told me that he knows he can do better and promised to work harder as the season progresses. It seemed to me that he had some unfinished buisness he needed to take care of on the field and that drive and desire stood out when making this choice. Both Hanie and LeFevour are good quarterbacks, but I was very impressed with Dan's drive and performance, which is why he won the number two spot."

1st String LOLB - Hunter Hillenmeyer vs. Pisa Tinoisamoa
---> Winner: Pisa Tinoisamoa

Lovie: "For years Chicago has been know for it's linebackers and Hunter Hillenmeyer has come out everyday and practiced his *** off playing the sport he loves. Pisa is another great linebacker that hits hard and loves doing it. This was the hardest decision I've had to make this preseason, but when it came down to it I had to go with the numbers and Pisa stood above Hilenmeyer. The will both see a significant amount of playing time, but Pisa will get the start on opening day."

1st String WR - Devin Hester vs. Johnny Knox
---> Winner: Johnny Knox

Lovie: "This was another tough decision because both receivers are talented, quick and are learning this offense really well. Both had solid preseasons, but when the coaching staff and myself sat down and talked about it, we all agreed that Knox had beet hands than Hester. If we could have two number one starters it would hands down go to these guys, but with Johnny being the better catcher, we had to go with him on opening day in the number one slot."

Injury Report
LB Nick Roach - Broken Thumb - Out 1 Week
DE Mark Anderson - Dislocated Hip - Out 6 Weeks

Regular Season Schedule
Sept. 12 vs. Detroit Lions
Sept. 19 @ Dallas Cowboys
Sept. 27 vs. Green Bay Packers
Oct. 3 @ New York Giants
Oct. 10 @ Carolina Panthers
Oct. 17 vs. Seattle Seahawks
Oct. 24 vs. Washington Redskins
Bye
Nov. 07 @ Buffalo Bills
Nov. 14 vs. Minnesota Vikings
Nov. 18 @ Miami Dolphins
Nov. 28 vs. Philadelphia Eagles
Dec. 5 @ Detroit Lions
Dec. 12 vs. New England Patriots
Dec. 20 @ Minnesota Vikings
Dec. 26 vs. New York Jets
Jan. 2 @ Green Bay Packers

News from Around the NFL

4 Preseason Undefeated Teams
Minnesota Vikings (4-0)
Pittsburgh Steelers (4-0)
New York Jets (4-0)
New England Patriots (4-0)

4 Preseason 0 Win Teams
Atlanta Falcons (0-4)
St. Louis Rams (0-4)
New York Giants (0-4)
Arizona Cardinals (0-3-1)

Injury Report
KC - LB Mike Vrabel - Torn Pectoral Muscle - Out for Season
DAL - LB Keith Brooking - Broken Hand - Out 11 Weeks
IND - DE Dwight Freeney - Broken Collarbone - Out 8 Weeks
DEN - QB Kyle Orton - Fractured Foot - Out 7 Weeks
SD - LB Shawne Merriman - Herniated Disk - Out 3 Weeks
NO - TE Jeremy Shockey - Meniscus Tear - Out 1 Week

Old 09-29-2010, 07:00 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 9

Im ready for regular season now!
Im following
hey how did you do the game recap,with all the stats?
Thanks!

Last edited by thecub; 09-29-2010 at 07:03 AM.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:08 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecub
Im following
Thanks!
Hey mate, i was gonna do a Vikings franchise as well but i saw yours so looks like i'll be following yours and as for this dynasty, i'm really liking it
Division Championships
NFC North: 0
Conference Championships
NFC: 0
NFL Championships: 0
Playoff Appearances: 0
Old 09-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 17

Great job with this so far. Good luck with the season. I will be following
Old 09-29-2010, 02:35 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecub
Im following
Thanks!
I just use the standard OS generators. You can find them here. Thanks for following. I'm stoked for the regular season as well. Should have an easy time against the Lions, but hopefully I can get my ground game going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champions 27-21
Hey mate, i was gonna do a Vikings franchise as well but i saw yours so looks like i'll be following yours and as for this dynasty, i'm really liking it
Thanks man. Hope you continue to like it as the regular season comes around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgeotto
Great job with this so far. Good luck with the season. I will be following
I'm a big fan of your dynasty, so thanks for checking mine out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2010, 04:03 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champions 27-21
go ahead and do one,well see how ours turn out different

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »