Home

Motor City Mayhem: A Detroit Lions Dynasty

This is a discussion on Motor City Mayhem: A Detroit Lions Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2010, 04:11 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Motor City Mayhem: A Detroit Lions Dynasty

I'm not a lions fan so i dont know their personnel.. ive always seen them as paper champs cuz they keep getting high 1st round picks so the talent gotta be there somewhere..

i always am curious about any lions chise and one thing i can say, take a look at your Offensive Line..

if it's weak, invest some 1st/2nd round picks in some OL to give Stafford that pocket and help that run game..

it might seem/feel like wasted picks taking OL so high consecutively.. but it pays off big rewards
Old 09-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #10
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Chicago Stomps Detroit in Big Win

Detroit Lose out to Chicago 24-6

NFL Scoreboard - Detroit Lions (0-0) at Chicago Bears (0-0)
September 12, 20101234F
Detroit Lions33006
Chicago Bears0210324
Top Performers
Detroit Lions - Stats
M.Stafford - 45.8 - 17/40 - 180Yds - 42% - 1 INT
D.Levy - 9 Tackles - 1 Sack - 1 INT
Chicago Bears - Stats
J.Cutler - 100.4 - 17/28 - 281Yds - 60% - 3 TD's - 2 INT
D.Hester - 6 Rec - 113Yds - 18.8 Avg - 2 TD's
Team Stats Comparison
DETCHI
First Downs1210
3rd Down Efficiency26%38%
4th Down Efficiency0%0%
Total Yards372428
Passing Yards180278
Rushing Yards5671
Penalties-Penalty Yards1-52-20
Turnovers1 (+1)2 (-1)
Time of Possession26:5933:01

At the start of the season, expectations are always high, even if your the Buffalo Bills. But this wasn't Buffalo. So expectations for Detroit were fairly high. In the season opener against Chicago, Detroit didn't even come close to meeting expectations. Matthew Stafford played terrible, even with Calvin breaking lose for most of the game.

"It wont happen again. Im gonna come back next week more focused than ever and prove that we are not write offs already, I promise". One man who exceeded expectations was Chicago QB Jay Cutler, who thrived in Mike Martz new offense. Throwing for 281 yards & 3 TD's. Cutler could of been more accurate, but no complaints here, he got the job done.

Coach Schwartz was asked about his teams performance during the post-game conference. "I believe we could of played a whole lot better. Our offense was very shaky for most of the game. The defense didn't do too bad of a job. But we will be back next week, and we will win".

Detroit square off against the Eagles at Ford Field next week. With Jamaal Jackson & Leonard Weaver out for the season, Detroit might just be able to get more pressure on Vick, who was made starter after Kolb suffered a concussion.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #11
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
i always am curious about any lions chise and one thing i can say, take a look at your Offensive Line..

if it's weak, invest some 1st/2nd round picks in some OL to give Stafford that pocket and help that run game..

it might seem/feel like wasted picks taking OL so high consecutively.. but it pays off big rewards
Thats why I signed Jake Groove & Shawn Murphy as one year thing unless I feel they have helped being there. Im mainly looking at OL's and CB's in the draft, can pick up WR's in Free Agency so that's covered. I said I like to combine reality and madden in my franchise, so I may take a look at Mankins or McNeil, who right now are most likely going to be traded.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »