Home

Life after Ben (a Steelers Madden 11 Coach Mode Franchise)

This is a discussion on Life after Ben (a Steelers Madden 11 Coach Mode Franchise) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2010, 12:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Life after Ben (a Steelers Madden 11 Coach Mode Franchise)

A few things before we get started.

Since the ability has existed, I've put myself in the game. I like doing that. I also love the Steelers. The current situation is perfect to insert myself in. More backstory will come out as the franchise progresses. Also, I'm currently using Bill Harris Coach Mode sliders. We'll see how it goes.

News flash: May 2010. Shocking News Ben Roethlisberger traded!

After allegations of yet more 'conduct unbecoming' for embattled Pittsburgh QB Big Ben, the team trades him to the San Francisco 49ers for a 2011 first round Draft Pick. Feelings in Pittsburgh are mixed, but most agree that he didn't fit the team anymore. Let's take a look at the QB's on the roster.

Byron Leftwich. Presumably the heir apparent. He's got experience, poise, and can throw the long ball extremely well. His only fault? He's not nearly as quick or as elusive as Ben, can't get the ball off as quickly. Is he the answer? Who knows.

Dennis Dixon. Promising young QB. Great speed, great talent, but is he ready to take the reins?

Charlie Batch. Old faithful. Can't throw as far as any of the other QB's on the roster, but he has more experience and may be their most sound option.

Bill Griggs. Somewhat of an enigma. Basically a walk-on in 2006, he was on the practice squad for most of 2007 and half of 2008. He's 39 years old, but plays like he's 22. Faster, stronger, and more accurate than anybody on the team, he doesn't have much experience. But he can win games. He won 2 games from behind in 2008, actually started one game and won that. Ben came back from injury and took back over; the rest was history. Played in 8 games last year, starting 5 of them (he won 6 games including all 5 starts). His only faults? Inexperience and how long can he play at this level when he's already 39? Only time will tell.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »