Home

Rebuilding the Greatest Show on Turf | Mr.BlakeVincent's St.Louis Rams

This is a discussion on Rebuilding the Greatest Show on Turf | Mr.BlakeVincent's St.Louis Rams within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2010, 03:48 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
St. Louis Rams Team Records

St. Louis Rams Records

Single-Season Defensive Records coming soon...

Single-Season Special Teams Records coming soon...

St. Louis Rams Career Records coming soon...

Last edited by mrblakevincent; 09-24-2010 at 04:55 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:51 AM   #10
Rookie

Be A General Manager in this Franchise!

When I start my first year in Franchise mode I plan on controlling all 32 teams to make the game most realistic. With that being said, I'd like to open the door to you, the operation sports community to play a part in my madness. Any reader that would like to take Management duties of a specific team just reply below, 31 teams are available so pick who you'd most like. I will also be posting this franchise on digitalsportscene.com's forum so this will be first come, first serve.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:52 AM   #11
Rookie

OPEN for Business

All the above posts will be edited to proper format over the next 24 hours. As of now you may all post. Any questions, comments or tips are more than welcome!

Anyways, welcome to my franchise, I hope you become hooked - follow and enjoy the ride!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2010, 01:42 AM   #12
Rookie

Previewing the 2010 St. Louis Rams Season

2010 St. Louis Rams Season Preview

The St. Louis Rams hit rock bottom last season, battling injuries, and a lack of talent, and a new coaching regime. Things did not go as planned and they ended up with a 1-15 season. This was a far cry from earlier in the decade when they had the "Greatest Show on Turf".

There are always a bright side to having a bad season: Obtaining the #1 pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, and the Rams used that pick on Sam Bradford from Oklahoma. Despite missing most of the season with a shoulder injury, Bradford was the best player of his class, and was a step above his fellow highly touted quarterbacks. The Rams figured he was worth the investment: To the tune of 50 million dollars.

How will the Rams fare in the new Bradford era? That remains to be seen, but the era starts next Sunday when St. Louis hosts the Arizona Cardinals. Meanwhile, Technorati goes inside the St. Louis Rams.

Recap

- 2009 Record (1-15, 4th NFC West, missed playoffs)
- Key Additions: QB A.J. Feeley (Carolina Panthers), C Hank Fraley (Cleveland Browns), DT Chris Hovan (Tampa Bay Buccaneers), DT Fred Robbins (New York Giants), OLB Na'il Diggs (Carolina Panthers), OLB Bobby Carpenter (Dallas Cowboys), CB Kevin Dockery (New York Giants), S Kevin Payne (Chicago Bears).
- Key Departures: QB Marc Bulger (Baltimore Ravens), QB Kyle Boller (Oakland Raiders), TE Randy McMichael (San Diego Chargers), OT Alex Barron (Dallas Cowboys), DE Leonard Little (free agency), DT Adam Carriker (Washington Redskins), OLB Paris Lenon (Arizona Cardinals), CB Jonathan Wade (Detroit Lions).

Overview

Offense: When the Rams let go of Bulger, it was a clear path for Sam Bradford to take over. The debate was a matter of when. The Rams brought in A.J. Feeley, who has show he can really play well when he has talented guys around him, but conversely, if there isn't much to work with he is not as successful, and looking at the weapons that the Rams have, there aren't that many. However, Bradford played very well in the preseason, and that was more than enough for head coach Steve Spagnuolo to pencil him in as the starter for Week 1. The knock on him all along was that he is not pro-ready, since he ran under a spread offense at Oklahoma. If the preseason was an indication, Bradford has already jumped the learning curve. We will see how he progresses as the season goes along.

During the nightmare of the season a year ago, the only constant the Rams had was Steven Jackson. His work ethic and showing up every game despite the awful time allowed him to gain the respect of his teammates and other players and teams around the league. But Jackson has been a workhorse since arriving in St. Louis, amassing nearly 1700 carries in five years. At the age of 27 and coming off back surgery, people have to wonder how much more is left in the tank. The Rams do need to find some kind of continuity in the passing game, and not wear Jackson down before he reaches his prime.

Bradford does not have much to work with in the passing game. The team's leading receiver from a season ago, Donnie Avery, is done for the season, and the team's current #1 receiver, Laurent Robinson, is prone to injury. He was done after two games in 2009, and his health will be a concern. Replacing Avery is Danny Amendola, and the Rams will utilize rookie Mardy Gilyard from the slot as the #3 receiver, and Brandon Gibson will be the #4 receiver. Billy Bajema and Daniel Fells will be two alternate options at tight end. The Rams did get another set of hands in Mark Clayton from the Baltimore Ravens when the team signed T.J. Houshmandzadeh from the Seattle Seahawks.

The issue with the Rams at offensive line lies around the outer part of the line at the tackle position. Jason Smith, who was the top pick for the team in 2009's NFL Draft, lasted only five games before suffering a concussion that ended his season. With $50M invested in Bradford, Spagnuolo has place Smith at right tackle, and the team will put their second round pick, Rodger Saffold at left tackle to protect the quarterback's blind side. How he responds to that pressure will be interesting to see. The interior of the line is solid with guards Jacob Bell and Adam Goldberg and center Jason Brown. Goldberg will have to cut his penalties and the number of sacks down.

Defense: The Rams run a 4-3 defense, and they do not have much to show with it. The team only had 25 sacks in 2009, and they have finished next to last (31st) in four of the five seasons in points allowed. The sacks start on the line of course, and Chris Long has not been putting up the numbers the Rams have envisioned. He only recorded five sacks, but they came in the second half of the season. James Hall will be the new end starting across from him, after the team let go of 2009 sacks leader Leonard Little (6.5). The Rams got some veteran presence on the line at defensive tackle in Fred Robbins, who knows Spagnuolo's system from his time in New York. He should provide good run support along with tackle Clifton Ryan. The Rams will have to somehow generate a more adequate pass rush.

The linebackers are led by James Laurinitis. Laurinitis emerged as one of the teams' leaders on the defensive end, and he is the best player on this unit as a whole. He recorded 120 tackles (107 solo), an he has motor that runs on every down. Na'il Diggs and Larry Grant are surrounding him at outside linebacker, but there is not that much to say on these guys.

The secondary is led by Oshimogho "O.J." Atogwe. He was a big difference maker in the Rams' secondary, as the team allowed less than 70 yards/game, before going down with a dislocated shoulder. Aside from Atogwe, the secondary was not as effective. Craig Dahl is back at his position at strong safety and James Butler is more of a liability on defense than Dahl. The team brought in Kevin Dockery, another Spagnuolo player from the Giants to start opposite Ron Bartell, who also struggled. The team is hoping that a healthy Bradley Fletcher can bring the same impact as he did last season.

Special Teams: Josh Brown is the team's kicker, and will handle kickoffs and field goals, Donnie Jones is the punter, and Danny Amendola will handle kick returns and punt returns.

Outlook: The Rams still have a long way to go, but with a new owner in Stan Kroenke, a new quarterback, there is hope for the team to possibly get better. It will be a process, and if Bradford can hold is own, stay healthy, the Rams will have a bright future, but they should win more than one game this season.

Last edited by mrblakevincent; 09-24-2010 at 04:06 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:55 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Rebuilding the Greatest Show on Turf | Mr.BlakeVincent's St.Louis Rams

I just realized we are both running Ram's franchises and I hope it didn't bother you that I posted mine too. I think it should be interesting to see what direction we both take the team, it can wind up being totally different, which is pretty unique to get other people's perspective. But like I said I hope I didn't piss you off, I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:58 AM   #14
Rookie

2010 St. Louis Rams Preseason Position Battles

You Want a Better Depth Chart Position? Well ****ing Fight For It!

Last edited by mrblakevincent; 09-25-2010 at 03:55 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:55 AM   #15
Rookie

Re: Rebuilding the Greatest Show on Turf | Mr.BlakeVincent's St.Louis Rams

Chargers Pro Bowl Wide Receiver to Holdout; All Season if Necessary

San Diego, Ca.(AP) - San Diego Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson wants a new contract and it appears that he is ready to miss most or all of the 2010 season to get what he wants. Jackson didn't sign his one-year tender before Monday's midnight deadline, which reduced his 2010 salary from $3.268 million to $583,000. Without a new long-team deal, sources have told the San Diego Union-Tribune that Jackson is not likely to report until after the 10th week of the season. If Jackson plays six weeks, he will participate in the minimum amount of games needed to earn an accrued season toward unrestricted free agency. But that also means he will early "only" $206,000.

With that being said, the Rams could use a bolster in their wide receiving corps. What will it take for any team to pry Jackson away? What would the fans of St. Louis think about the addition of such a receiver?

[/center]

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2010, 04:09 AM   #16
Rookie

Preseason Week 1: Minnesota at St. Louis

Sam Bradford and Kenneth Darby Shine in the Rams' Victory; Lose WR Donnie Avery For Season.

On the night Sam Bradford showed his potential as an NFL quarterback, the St. Louis Rams also lost top receiver Donnie Avery to a torn ACL. He will miss the entire 2010 season, coach Steve Spagnuolo confirmed Friday.

Spagnuolo said Avery will wait for a while to let the knee calm down and then undergo surgery, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.

After the game the St. Louis Rams signed wide receiver Mark Clayton who was cut earlier in the week by the Baltimore Ravens. Basically, the Rams can thank Seattle for Clayton. Seattle cut T.J. Houshmandzadeh after issues arose between him - new Head Coach Pete Carroll and the team's general manager. Now, Mark Clayton will battle Laurent Robinson to become the Rams' No. 1 receiver. Mardy Gilyard, a 2010 pick, also is expected to move up the depth chart.

Avery, a second-round pick from Houston in 2008, had 53 receptions as a rookie and started 28 games in his first two seasons. He was the first wide receiver taken in his draft class, bolstered by a strong Senior Bowl performance.

Post Game Quote:
Head Coach Steve Spagnuolo: "We had a good showing tonight, [Sam]Bradford played well, Kenneth Darby was spectacular and I can't complain about the defense. Donnie's injury is a major blow to our team and to the development of Sam[Bradford]. We'll have to look and see what our options are going to be."

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »