Home

Reliving The Dream: St Louis Rams Franchise

This is a discussion on Reliving The Dream: St Louis Rams Franchise within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2010, 03:07 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Reliving The Dream: St Louis Rams Franchise

Feeley Will Start First Preseason Game

Steve Spagnuolo wasted little time in announcing that rookie QB Sam Bradford will not be starting, but yet veteran A.J. Feely will take the first team snaps against the Vikings.

"I don't think you can just start a rookie quarterback right away, well especially against an elite team like Minnesota." said Spagnuolo

Well maybe Spagnuolo is right, we will get to see Bradford play, albeit it will be against 2nd and 3rd teams. You can't rush things, especially a fragile rookie quarterback.

"I'm just going to go in, do my job, and help this team win," Bradford said in an interview after practice. "I just can't wait to get in there."
Old 09-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #10
Banned

Rams Start Preseason 1-1

Before it is said how Sam Bradford faired in his first two preseason games, Rams had an injury scare in the first game of the season. Star RB Steve Jackson will miss the remainder of the preseason with a partial groin tear. Surgery is not needed but Jackson should be ready for the start of the season. Hopefully this injury does not linger around. This is not what the Rams need right now.

After 2 games of seeing what Sam Bradford could do against 2nd and 3rd string players, Steve Spagnuolo and staff have seen enough. It comes announced this morning that Bradford will start game 3 at Foxboro to take on the Patriots.

The Rams put up 31 points against the Vikings who were without a couple players, namely WR Sidney Rice who is out indefinitely with a hip injury. But then came the inconsistency as the Rams were only able to score 3 measly points against the Browns.

Sam Bradford and A.J. Feeley have both been impressive but the decision comes as no surprise unless Bradford extremely struggled. Bradford completed 17 of his 28 passes, with 192 yards, TD, and INT.Feeley has completed 13 of his 21 passes, for 172 yards, and 1 TD. Brandon Gibson and Mardy Gilyard have been the most impressive thus far during preseason, new comer Mark Clayton, dropped Sam Bradford's first career pass.

Chris Chamberlain seems to have the edge on Larry Grant for the weakside linebacker job, though Chamberlain only has 3 tackles, he has a sack and 2 INT to bolster his stats. Grant only has 4 tackles. Chris Long leads the team so far with 2.5 sacks.

In further news the Rams have signed RB Anthony Alridge to a 3-year deal this morning. This could be bad news for either Kenneth Darby or Keith Totson is one of them does not dazzle in preseason.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:39 PM   #11
Banned

Rams Finish 1-3
Bradford To Take Over Week 1

St Louis - The Rams finish the preseason on a 3 game losing streak. Although there wasn't much to show, the Rams learned a few things. Sam Bradford is the future, and they have a playmaker on the offense other then Steve Jackson, his name is Mardy Gilyard. Gilyard finished the preseason with 11 catches, 168 yards, and 1 TD.

Back to Bradford, who threw only 1 TD all preseason, to go along with 3 INTs, but was more effect then Feeley. Feeley may have thrown for more TDs, 2, and less INTs, 1, but was unable to establish long drives and put the Rams in a position to score. Bradford was more efficient passing, completing 62% of his passes compared to Feeley's 48%.

Sam Bradford was announced the starter to open the season at home against divison foe Arizona. Bradford will not have to worry as he will have Steve Jackson to help him out.

"I feel like coach has given me a great opportunity to start next week against Arizona," Bradford said. "I realize there is a lot of responsibility that comes with that opportunity."

While the low-key Bradford did manage to smile when talking, he said he is ready.

"Definitely. I'm a competitor," Bradford said. "I sat on the bench last year with an injury and it's something that I did not enjoy at all. Just to have the opportunity to play football again, it's really something that I look forward to."

The Rams parted ways with RB Kenneth Darby and TE Billy Bajema.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2010, 05:53 PM   #12
Banned

Around The League

Key Injuries

Ray Lewis - Fractured Elbow Out For Season
Max Unger - Fractured Toe Out For Season
Donnie Avery - Complete ACL Tear Out for Season
Ryan Grant - Dislocated Ankle Out for Season
Connor Barwin - Dislocated Ankle Out for Season
Willie Colon - Complete Achilles Tear Out For Season
Kris Jenkins - Complete ACL Tear Out for season
Terrell Owens - Broken Femur Out For Season
Elvis Dumervil - Torn Pectoral Muscle Out For Season
Nate Burleson - Broken Forearm 9 weeks
Anquan Boldin - Torn Hamstring 9 weeks
Ben Grubbs - Broken Hand 6 Weeks
Aqib Talib - Fractured Foot 6 weeks
Brandon Graham - Herniated Disk 4 weeks
James Jones - Torn hamstring 4 weeks
Andre Johnson - Dislocated hip 2 weeks
D'Brickashaw Ferguson - Broken Thumb 2 weeks
Matt Schaub - Dislocated Ankle 1 week

QBs Who Won Their Job

QB Michael Vick - Eagles
QB Matt Moore - Panthers
QB Sam Bradford - Rams
QB Dennis Dixon - Steelers
QB Trent Edwards - Bills

Vikings vs Saints Season Opener

Drew Brees led the Saints to victory in their home opener 22-16, Thursday night. Brees passed for 253 yards to go along with his 2 TDs.

Adrian Peterson carried the ball 19 times, for 95 yards, and 1 TD. Favre didn't do much in his debut back, completing 18 of 31, 183 yards, 1 INT.

Football is back!
Old 09-26-2010, 10:44 PM   #13
Banned

Bradford Sharp In 1st Career Start

The No.1 overall pick didn't seem bothered by the huge expectations from around the league. Instead Bradford decided to start his career with a victory against the reigning division champions. Sam Bradford looked like a 10-year veteran as he completed passes to 7 different Rams players, more impressively no completions to the Cardinals defense. Bradford spread the ball around, and maybe it was due to the effect running attack of Steve Jackson, who ran for 125 yards on 28 carries. Jackson scored twice in the red zone to help Bradford's debut.

Bradford led the Rams to a touchdown on his very first drive. Surprisingly it was a on the 7-yard line, the Rams elected to throw on 1st down and it wound up as Bradford's first career TD pass to tight end Daniel Fells. Bradford finished for an efficient 16 for 25, 171 yards, 1 TD. He hit his first 7 of 9 pass attempts to start his career.

After the Rams first score, the Cardinals showed that they are the reigning division champs and will not hand over the title lightly. Derek Anderson threw a laser to Larry Fitzgerald who made an amazing one-handed catch, and proceeded to roll into the end zone. ESPN Top 10 anybody?

It was a 1-yard TD by Steven Jackson which put the Rams up by 14-7. The game was back and forth with drives, as both teams battled for field position.

The Cardinals responded right back with a 10-play drive capped off by a 14-yard post route by Steve Breaston. He was pretty well covered all the way until the final separation when Breaston jumped and landed across the goal line.

Derek Anderson's sub-par performance was no help to assure Cardinal fans that he was the answer after the team parted ways with Matt Leinart. Anderson did throw for 3 TDs, his 3rd came in the 3rd quarter on a beautiful jump ball that Fitzgerald out leaped Bartell for in the end zone to tie the game, after Steve Jackson rushed for his 2nd TD, on a 3-yard scamper.

Not sure if it was Anderson putting the ball where only the receivers can get it or if it was more of the receivers bailing out Anderson this afternoon.

All hopes of an Arizona comeback were derailed by Ron Bartelk, Arizona was down 24-21 with 5 minutes left, a screen to Fitzgerald was read perfect by Bartell as he jumped in front of Anderson's pass for his 1st interception of the season. This would be Anderson's 2nd of the game.

James Laurinaitis had a monster game, making it tough for the Cardinals all day. Laurinaitis had 6 tackles, 1 sack, 1 INT, 1 FF, by far the best defensive player on the Rams, the 2nd year player from Ohio State.

NFL Scoreboard - Arizona Cardinals (0-1) at St Louis Rams (1-0)
September 12, 20101234F
Arizona Cardinals0147021
St Louis Rams777627
Top Performers
Arizona Cardinals - Stats
Sam Bradford - 16/25, 171 yds, 1 TD
Steven Jackson - 28 car, 125 yds, 2 TD
St Louis Rams - Stats
Derek Anderson - 13/32, 210 yds, 3 TD, 2 INT
Larry Fitzgerald - 5 rec, 83 yds, 2 TD
Team Stats Comparison
ARISTL
First Downs1314
3rd Down Efficiency3=105=13
4th Down Efficiency0-10-0
Total Yards463359
Passing Yards202164
Rushing Yards111128
Penalties-Penalty Yards20
Turnovers2-103-35
Time of Possession16:2031:40
Arizona Cardinals
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
Derek Anderson13/3221032
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
Tim Hightower14805.70
Beanie Wells5316.20
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
Larry Fitzgerald58316.62
Steve Breaston33311.01
Early Doucet24924.50
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
Calais Campbell5100
KickingFGM/AXPM/APTSLONG
Jay Feely0/03/33
St Louis Rams
PassingC/ATTYDSTDINT
Sam Bradford16/2517110
RushingATTYDSAVGTD
Steven Jackson281254.42
ReceivingRECYDSAVGTD
Mark Clayton45413.50
Steve Jackson4369.00
Laurent Robinson34816.00
DefenseTKLSACKINTTD
James Laurinaitis6110
KickingFGM/AXPM/APTSLONG
Josh Brown2/23/3954

Bradford's 1st Career TD Pass
Spoiler

Larry Fitzgerald's Sick 1 Handed Grab
Spoiler

Fitzgerald Just Wants It More
Spoiler
Old 09-26-2010, 11:19 PM   #14
Banned

2SiQ2Quit's Arena

OVR: 5

Keep it up really good setup and organization. Do u think Gilyard will play a factor into the offense and some point?
Old 09-26-2010, 11:52 PM   #15
Banned

Thanks man, appreciate it. I hope Gilyard can become a consistent threat for me, but as of right now, it's hard to spread the wealth, I like Brandon Gibson in the slot and if Clayton and Robinson and be solid for No1. and No.2 even though I don't expect it to last too long, I just want Gilyard to be my playmaker. Hopefully I can get a stud WR in the draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »