Home

Becoming A Legend: A Coaching Dynasty

This is a discussion on Becoming A Legend: A Coaching Dynasty within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7
Becoming A Legend: A Coaching Dynasty

Alright I am going to try my hand at a coaching career starting in NCAA and then translating into the NFL. Im looking to spend around 30 years with NCAA and then 15 in the NFL. First thing I should tell you is I will be simulating 90% of the games. I will probably play 1 or 2 games a season just to see how my team is. I will start out with Utah State and see if I can't turn them into a solid program. If I get a better coaching job I might take it or I might just stay at Utah State. To speed things up I will do a preseason post, mid season post, a post season post and then an offseason post. I downloaded Luvtotha9s rosters too.

Starting off things might be simple but I will be trying new things as I go along. I hope you enjoy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

Re: Becoming A Legend: A Coaching Dynasty

Please help us welcome the new head coach to your Utah State Aggies....Coach Peterson!!!

Peterson: Thank you thank you. I am pleased to be here and am excited about the opportunity to coach this talented team. Now in case you don't know who I am, I will tell you a little about myself. I am 30 years old and have been coaching high school since I was 22. I have won 5 state championships and I run a tough program. On offense we will attack through the air with a 4 and 5 wide set so I need a smart quarterback. On defense we will run a 3-4 and we will bring the heat on almost every single down.

Now I am a firm believer in speed. I need speedy receivers and a quick quarterback. On defense I need speed everywhere because I want to see everyone flying to the ball. I expect this team to be very competitive this year and every year I am here. Thank you.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:25 PM   #3
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

Redshirt List

QB
Alex Hart (FR)
RB
Kerwynn Williams (SO)
WR
Mikhail Morgan (SO)
Travis Reynolds (FR)
Dontel Watkins (SO)
LE
Quinn Garner (JR)
DT
Evan Huahulu (JR)
Sean Enesi (SR)
Kamaloni Vainikoko (SR)
FS
Chris Harris (JR)
SS
Quinton Byrd (SO)

Old 10-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

Utah State Aggies - 2010 Depth Chart - Regular Offense

Starter2nd3rd4th
WRStanley MorrisonEric MoatsMatt Austin
TEKellen BartlettTarren LloydBrad Theurer
LTSpencer JohnsonTanner RichinsSteven Clark
LGTariq PolleyTanner RichinsSteven Clark
CTyler LarsonTanner RichinsSteven Clark
RGPhilip GapeluTanner RichinsSteven Clark
RTTy RogersTanner RichinsSteven Clark
WRXavier MartinKellen BartlettAustin Alder
QBDiondre BorelJeremy HigginsTJ Canales
FBTarren LloydKellen BartlettBrad Theurer
HBRobert TurbinDervin SpeightMichael SmithKellen Bartlett
Utah State Aggies - 2010 Depth Chart - Base 3-4 Defense

Starter2nd3rd4th
LDEDevin JohnsonNathan RoysterDJ Tialavea
NTDaniel GureolaNathan RoysterCasey DavisJake Doughty
RDELevi KoskanNathan RoysterDJ Tialavea
LOLBJake DoughtyJunior KeiahoJoey Shrader
LILBKyle GallagherJake Doughty

RILBJoey ShraderReuben Willis

ROLBBobby WagnerJake DoughtyJoey Shrader
CBChris RandleRashard StewartNick Vought
SSWalter McClentonNick VoughtRashard Stewart
FSRajric ColemanNick VoughtRashard Stewart
CBCurtis MarshCameron Sanders

Utah State Aggies - 2010 Depth Chart - Special Teams

Starter2nd3rd4th
KPeter Caldwell

PBraeden Loveless

H

PRChris RandleXavier MartinStanley MorrisonRobert Turbin
KRChris RandleXavier MartinStanley MorrisonRobert Turbin
LSTanner RichinsTy RodgersSteven Clark

Old 10-05-2010, 07:39 PM   #5
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

Coach Peterson: This year won't be easy but I have complete faith in this talented team. I am putting a lot of pressure on senior quarterback, Boral to lead this team to victory. He will have his first major test in week 1 when we take on the Oklahoma Sooners. I think we can come out and surpise them both on offense and on defense. I expect this team to be very competetive each and every week we take the field.

Here is our schedule for the upcoming season.
Week 1 @ Oklahoma
Week 2 Vs FCS Northwest
Week 3 Vs Fresno State
Week 4 @ San Diego State
Week 5 Vs BYU
Week 6 @ Louisiana Tech
Week 7 BYE
Week 8 Vs Hawaii
Week 9 @ Nevada
Week 10 Vs New Mexico State
Week 11 @ San Jose State
Week 12 Vs Idaho
Week 13 BYE
Week 14 @ Boise State
Week 15 BYE

BOLD= Conference Game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 09:34 AM   #6
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

Coach Peterson: Year 1

NOT THE START PETERSON HAD PICTURED!!
2-4 (1-1)

The Aggies came into the season with some pretty high hopes. They hired a fierce coach who expects his players to play with a high energy and lots of passion. Unfortunately they haven't gotten off to the start they had envisioned with a 2-4 record so far.

Week 1 they traveled to Oklahoma to take on the mighty Sooners. They put up a good fight for the first 5 minutes of the game. They even held a 3-0 lead while their defense stopped Oklahoma on their first 2 possessions. Then Oklahoma finally woke up and went on to win 48-20. The highlight of the game for the Aggies was the 92 yard touchdown run by Turbin on an option play.

Week 2 they hosted a FCS team and just dominated that game 52-7. Borel threw for 485 yards and 6 touchdowns.

Week 3 was a different story though as they hosted Fresno State. With a 7-7 tied ball game with 4 minutes left in the 1st, Fresno State went on to score 21 unanswered points. Finally with 1 minute left in the half, Borel hooked up with Bartlett for a 7 yard touchdown pass. Down 28-14 the Aggies scored on the opening drive to make it 28-20 (missed 2-pt). Fresno would go on to score the final 13 points of the game to win 41-20. Borel passed for 365 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Week 4’s matchup saw the Aggies drop another game, this time at the hands of San Diego State. This was game was as good as advertised. The Aggies were up 7-3 after the first quarter and up 14-10 at the half. However, in the second half, the Aztecs would go on to score 14 unanswered points. The Aggies did score with 2:30 left in the game but couldn’t get the ball back. The Aggies lost this one 24-21. The big star for the Aggie was Borel, who passed for 439 yards and 3 touchdowns.

The Aggies woes continued into week 5 as they lost to their arch rival BYU. The Aggies had the game in the bag with a 17-9 lead late in the 3rd, however BYU kicked a field goal and scored 2 touchdowns in the final 4 minutes of the 3rd. BYU would tack on another field goal in the 4th as they went on to win 30-17. The Aggies turned the ball over 6 times (3 fumbles and 3 interceptions). Borel only had 198 yards with 2 touchdowns and 1 interception. He was knocked out of the game during the 1st half. Backup quarterback, Higgins, went on to pass for 166 yards with no touchdowns and 2 interceptions. BYU also recorded 9 sacks in the game.

The Aggies finally got another win as they destroyed Louisiana Tech 42-14. This game was only close early in the 2nd quarter as the Aggies only held a 14-7 lead. At the half though, the lead was 29-7. Then the lead was 42-7 after the 3rd quarter. Borel had another solid game as he passed for 356 yards with 4 touchdowns. He connected nicely with receiver Morrison. He had 7 catches for 184 yards and 2 touchdowns.

They now have a BYE week before hosting Hawaii. Here is what Coach Peterson had to say about the first half of the season.

Coach Peterson: I have seen some really great things from this team so far. You take away a few mistakes and this team could very easily be 4-2. However that is football and we have to fix those mistakes pronto. I think Borel has done an excellent job so far as he has passed for over 2,000 yards this season. Now we still have some pretty tough games ahead of us this season. The three biggest games we still have left are Hawaii, Nevada and Boise State. I believe we have a great chance to beat them all and have a winning record this season.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #7
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

Coach Peterson: Year 1

Utah State Ends Season With A 5-7 (4-4) Record

Coming off their bye week, Utah State was feeling pretty confident. That all changed though when they faced off against Hawaii in Week 8. Hawaii was able to over come a 24-15 deficit and out scored Utah State 35-8 in the final 20 minutes of the ball game. Utah State turned the ball over 3 times and Borel was once again knocked out of the game. He was having a really good game as he passed for 269 yards and 3 touchdowns with ZERO interceptions. Higgins came in threw for 211 yards with 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions. I hope coach Peterson recruits a talented quarterback for next year otherwise he will have to stick with Higgins.

The Aggies faced another strong opponent as they took on Nevada in Week 9. Things looked surprisingly different for the Aggies as they were the ones overcoming a deficit late in the game. Granted it wasn't a huge deficit as they only trailed Nevada 24-21 with 9 minutes in the 3rd but it was nice to see them outscore Nevada 24-7 the rest of the game. The Aggies went on to win this game 45-21. Utah State intercepted Nevada's quarterbacks 4 times while only have 1 turnover themselves. Borel have one of the best games of his career as he passed for 470 yards and 4 touchdowns. He and Morrison had perfect timing down as they connected on 10 passes for 260 yards and 2 scores.

Week 10 is the battle of the Aggies as Utah State hosts New Mexico State. NMS gave Utah State everything they had and then some. They knocked Borel out of the game again and Utah State had to rely on the arm of Higgins in the second half. Thankfully for Utah State, Higgins delivered. He threw the game winning touchdown with 2 minutes left in the game to secure a 41-34 win. Borel and Higgins both had great games as Borel passed for 220 yards and 2 scores and Higgins passed for 300 yards and 3 scores. Maybe Higgins won't be so bad after all.

Week 11 was a brutal game all around as Utah State took on San Jose State. The game was physical on all phases of the game. Utah State escaped with a 14-9 win. Borel didn't get the start as he was still recovering from the previous week. Higgins made the most of his opportunity though by throwing a 40 yard touchdown pass to Bartlett to push the 1st quarter lead to 14-0. San Jose State would kick 3 field goals the rest of the game. Higgins didn't have a stellar performance but he got the job done with 170 yards passing and 1 touchdown. That win gave Utah state their first winning streak under Coach Peterson.

Week 12 wasn't so hot for Utah State as they took on Idaho. Without Borel in the lineup again Higgins started off very well as he threw for 3 touchdowns in the 1st quarter. Utah State led 24-7 after the 1st quarter. However as they have done in the past no lead is safe and Idaho took a 28-24 lead going into halftime. They would outscore Utah State 24-7 in the second half. Utah State lost 3 fumbles (Idaho ran 1 back for a touchdown) and Higgins was sacked 3 times. Higgins did have a solid performance as he passed for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns. Idaho's quarterback was just a little better as he passed for 375 and 5 touchdowns. The final game for Utah State is against the #2 team in the Nation, Boise State. Thankfully they have an extra week to prepare since they have a BYE week before the game.

Week 14 was no easy task for any team as Utah State went up against Boise State. The outcome was just as everyone predicted as Boise State handled Utah State pretty easily as they won 58-28. The game itself was pretty entertaining as Utah State tried to make a game of it by being down only 38-21 at the half. Boise would have none of it though as they scored 13 points in the 3rd quarter and 7 more in the 4th quarter. Borel had a great finale as a Utah State Aggie though. He passed for over 400 yards and threw for 4 touchdowns.

Here is what Coach Peterson has to say about the season.

Coach Peterson: Well this was a roller coaster type season with a lot of highs and a lot of lows. I want to tell my players how proud I am for how hard they worked this season. Especially Borel because he picked up my offense very well and had the best season ever by a Utah State Aggie quarterback. He set both the school passing yards record and the schools passing touchdown record with 3600 yards and 31 touchdowns. He is a special kid and I wish him all the luck in the world. Now some other players I want to recognize.
-Turbin (RB) had a solid year for us. He didn't have many rushing yards but he had over 1,000 total yards for us and 10 touchdowns. I can't wait to see what he can do for us next year as I try and incorperate him more in our offense.

-Bartlett (TE) had a fantastic year as he hauled in over 100 passes for 1,400 yards and 12 touchdowns. I am glad this kid is only a Junior because we will need him next season. Set the school record for receptions with 107.

-Morrison (WR) also had a great year catching the football for us. Had 80+ catches for 1,200 yards and 12 touchdowns. Can't wait to have him back next year.

I know I don't talk a lot of defense but I want to note some defensive players who will be back next season for us.

-Wagner (ROLB) had a solid season and showed why he is one of our captains. Had 113 tackles, 5.5 sacks 2 interceptions a forced fumble and fumble recovery. He will be huge for us again next season.

-Gallagher (MLB) Good performance out of him this season with 80 tackles, 1.5 sacks and an interception. Looking for him to have a big Senior season.

-Stewart (CB) This freshman cornerback has a high ceiling. Had 48 tackles, 1 interception and 3 pass deflections for us.

-Doughty (ROLB) Another freshman who I am happy to be able to spend the next 3 years with. Had 70 tackles, .5 sacks, 1 interception and a forced fumble. Finally

-Koskan (RE) A Junior who had 56 tackles, 9 tackles for loss, 3.5 sacks, and a forced fumble. I am expecting these numbers to increase his Senior season.

Last edited by billyboy316; 10-06-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:05 AM   #8
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

Coach Peterson:Offseason Year 1

Key Players Leaving
Borel-QB
Caldwell-K
Randle- CB
Johnson-LT
Coleman-FS

Transfer Players
De Von Flournoy- WR From USC (81 overall)

Recruits on next post

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »