Home

The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

This is a discussion on The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-12-2010, 01:13 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

Player Name: Shea Mengel
Height/Weight/Race: 5'9" 185 White
Hometown: Nashville, TN
Pos and top 3 # choices: RB, 11, 3, 1
3 Positive Attributes: Speed, Breaking Tackles, Elusiveness
3 Negative Attributes: Spin move, catching, trucking
Old 10-13-2010, 12:22 AM   #74
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

Thanks for all those who submitted recruits. I will create them and in the offseason and give updates on what schools are targetting them and where they are looking to sign.

Also I am going back and rewriting my story on how Coach Bryan Dodge got the job at North Texas. Instead of having his brother Todd Dodge die, he is just going to be in a accident that keeps him from coaching the 2010 season. I felt bad for killing off a real person and it now plays into where I want to take Bryan Dodge into his future role better.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:12 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

COACH BRYAN DODGE TO LEAVE DENTON?

Reported by Ryne Dezaron....

"It is learned that after leading the North Texas Mean Green to a 9-4 record including the schools 1st Bowl win in 8 years that Coach Bryan Dodge has recieved several offers to leave UNT for a permenent Head Coaching job, with the return of his brother to the helm at North Texas"

Using a Spread/Pro passing attack, established a offense that finished 9th in the Nation in Total yards and finished 12th in the Nation in scoring at 34.4 PPG.

We have learned that there are 2 schools currently on Coach Dodge's radar. Both happen to have the Cougars as their mascot. The University of Houston is looking for a new Head Coach after Kevin Sumlin to the University of Minnesota. Houston started the year ranked in the Top-25 but after losing Heisman canidate QB Case Kennum and backup QB Cotton Turner to season ending injuries, Coach Sumlin was forced to play FR Terrence Broadway and the Cougars struggled finishing 3-9 avg just 17 points per game. One of those losses came in Week 4 against Coach Dodge and the Mean Green.

The Other school vying for Coach Dodge's services is Washington State University. Once a Pac-10 Powerhouse, the WSU Cougars havn't seen success since 2003 when they beat Texas in the Holiday Bowl just 1 year after losing to Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl. Since the departure of Coach Mike Price to Alabama (short lived now at UTEP), the Cougars have gone 35-62 including a 5-32 record with Coach Paul Wulff.

Last season WSU finished just 2-10 and a disappointing 0-9 in the Pac-10. The Cougars struggled to score points as they finished with just 189 points with 69 of them coming off the leg of SR PK N. Grosa 23/26 FG's.

Here are some comments given from Coach Bryan Dodge.

"Obviously it's going to be hard to leave Denton, but this is what I have dreamed of my entire life. It's a hard choice. I have loved my time in Texas so coaching at Houston would give me the opportunity to stay, however I was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, and coaching at WSU has been a dream of mine since I was a little kid, but lets be realistic taking over at Houston even though they are in the Big 12, I still feel they give me the best chance to win now and win often. As much as I love WSU, the school is at least 3-4 years away from really making a huge move in the new Pac-10 and lets be honest it's pretty tough to get high profile kids to come to Pullman."

Only time will tell which Cougar Coach Dodge will lead out onto the field next year.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2010, 03:49 PM   #76
Wippa Zow!

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Any use of "ESPN 8: The Ocho" is a big thumbs up in my book!

And go with WSU. They are the dorky girl in school that you know you can make hot and take to the prom to make everybody jealous.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #77
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
Any use of "ESPN 8: The Ocho" is a big thumbs up in my book!

And go with WSU. They are the dorky girl in school that you know you can make hot and take to the prom to make everybody jealous.

PS5:
MLB The Show 20
Pro Yakyuu Spirits 20
NHL 21
FIFA 21

PC:
Escape from Tarkov
Call of Duty: Cold War - Black Ops
Call of Duty Modern Warfare/Warzone
Phasmophobia
The Hunt

https://www.twitch.tv/myk13
Old 10-15-2010, 01:31 AM   #78
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Well I appreciate the comments of WSU being the girl who I can make hot and everyone jealous, I am still undecided on what way I want to go. I am leaning toward WSU, but it's going to take alot of work. They are horrible.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:36 AM   #79
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Well I appreciate the comments of WSU being the girl who I can make hot and everyone jealous, I am still undecided on what way I want to go. I am leaning toward WSU, but it's going to take alot of work. They are horrible.
Continue your brothers legacy....or a better idea. Your bro is now recovered but you won't give him the coaching position back, he then takes a job at a rival school to get back at North Texas and takes some of your recruits/player transfers.

PS5:
MLB The Show 20
Pro Yakyuu Spirits 20
NHL 21
FIFA 21

PC:
Escape from Tarkov
Call of Duty: Cold War - Black Ops
Call of Duty Modern Warfare/Warzone
Phasmophobia
The Hunt

https://www.twitch.tv/myk13
Old 10-15-2010, 01:39 AM   #80
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
Continue your brothers legacy....or a better idea. Your bro is now recovered but you won't give him the coaching position back, he then takes a job at a rival school to get back at North Texas and takes some of your recruits/player transfers.

That's actually why I am leaning toward Houston. I will still be able to recruit Texas players and I can set up a home/away rivalary with N. Texas continuing from trying to make up for last year's loss, when I beat the Cougars in Denton.

I messed around with recruiting a little and was able to steal away 4 players from UNT who I orginally had soft committments, taking them to Houston.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »