Home

The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

This is a discussion on The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2010, 11:34 PM   #89
Rookie

Hogs15's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

YES! JeMarcus is going to Arkansas.
NCAA:Arkansas Razorbacks
Old 10-15-2010, 11:34 PM   #90
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

WEEK 1

@ #4

GAME PREVIEW

Even though these 2 teams havn't played each other since 2000, there is still some heated rivaly between these 2 teams, as WSU holds the honor of being one of only 2 teams to win on the "Blue" in the past 10 years. (42-35). Now the question remains can Coach Dodge pull off the Mircle in Season 2 with the Cougars on the "Blue" vs #5 BSU.

GAME RECAP

Boise State won the toss and elected to kick. WSU would strike early as Jeff Tuel hits Isiah Barton on a 60 yd bomb. Barton would run through 2 defenders on his way to the endzone as WSU goes up (7-0) The rest of the 1st Quarter would belong to Derick Martin as the HB scores 2 TD's (10 yds and 4 yds) as BSU takes a 14-7 lead.

WSU would score to tie the game as Tuel finds Barton again on a 4yd slant (14-14). Boise State however would score back to back TD's after a Tuel INT as Kellen Moore hits his brother Kirby for a 21 yd TD and TE K. Efaw on a 6 yd score (28-14) WSU wasn't ready to give up though and would score with 58 seconds to play as Tuel hits G. Simone on a 4yd pass. (28-21) However the play everyone will remember for the next several years is what happened next. Coach Dodge caught BSU off guard by going for a Onside kick in which the Cougars would recover. Again Tuell would go to the air and find I. Barton on a 12 yd pass over the middle for the TD tying the game with 9 seconds to play in the half.
(28-28) (The TD catch by I. Barton was his 3rd of the game)

Boise State would open the 2nd half with another TD pass from K. Moore (3rd TD pass) to TE K. Efaw (7 yds, his 2nd). (35-28) The 3rd Quarter would belong to BSU was they picked off J. Tuel 2 times. Derik Martin would run his 3rd TD of the game (7 yds) and J. Guidry would tack on a 38 yd FG to make it (45-28) going into the 4th.

BSU would open the 4th Quarter with another TD run by D. Martin (5 yds) as the JR dominated the Cougars run "D" (52-28), but Jeff Tuell wasn't done. Unfazed by his 3 INT performance, Tuell would continue to fire the ball down field and with SR J. Kartsetter on the sideline with bruised ribs and back spasms, Isiah Barton continued to be his favorite target. Barton would catch 2 more TD passes breaking the WSU school record (34 yds and 69 yds). WSU would go for 2pt conversions and each TD and with 1:32 to play the score as (52-44) Down by 8 the Cougars would go for the Onside kick but this time BSU was ready and recoved the kick. With no timeouts left most assumed BSU would just run the ball, but Coach Pete was fired up over the Onside kick from the 1st half and would instead have his offense go down the field and kick a 21 yd FG as time expired causing a uproar among WSU fans in the stands and laugher and cheers from the Bronco faithfull.
FINAL SCORE WSU-44 BSU-55

KEY PLAYERS

QB J. Tuell-26/48 522 yds 6 TD's 3 INT's
RB L. Mitz-12 carries 22 yds (1.8 Avg)
WR I. Barton-14 rec 378 yds 5 TD's
(2 new school records)
WR J. Kartsetter-5 rec 70 yds
WR G. Simone-5 rec 53 yds 1 TD

QB K. Moore 30/39 427 yds 3 TD's
HB D. Martin 30 carries 124 yds 4 TD's
WR K. Moore-7 rec 124 yds 1 TD
WR T. Shoemaker 6 rec 105 yds
TE K. Efaw 5 rec 54 yds 2 TD's
Bronco D-3 INT's

POST GAME INTERVIEW

Coach Dodge "We knew our pass "D" was suspect and Kellen showed why he won the Heisman last year and is a front runner to repeat. 30/39 is just amazing. I was very disappointed in our run "D" as well though. D. Martin was like a miniture bulldozer running over our LB's.

I was very proud of how Jeff played today. BSU has a great defense and even though he threw 3 picks, he still make some huge plays. I knew we had a future NFL player in J. Kartsetter but who knew that I. Barton could play like this. The kid was running past, over and through defenders!! It was a beautiful thing.. I really wish we can get L. Mitz more involved next week against Idaho. We really need to get at least 20 carries a game and a 1.8 Avg isn't going to cut it."

Old 10-15-2010, 11:37 PM   #91
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogs15
YES! JeMarcus is going to Arkansas.

I figured you would be happy. I am sad. Not only do I have zero chance of signing TJ Deuce, but he is probably going to go to Oregon State and I will have to face him every year for the next 4 years
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 11:37 PM   #92
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Make sure to go back and Read Page 9. Lot's of info including Recruit postings for those players who created recruits for this year.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:52 PM   #93
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

WEEK 1 RECAP

Most teams played against low level opponents including alot of FCS matchups. However we did see several Top-25 programs besides BSU take on a tougher opponent. In fact Week 1 gave us several exciting upsets.

For the 3rd straight year #9 Virginia Tech loses in Week 1 as Marshall pulls the upset 17-10

The Pac-10 took a huge hit as both #21 Oregon State and #4 Oregon lose their Week 1 matchups.

Nevada-31 #21 Oregon State-13
Kansas State-23 #4 Oregon-20 OT!!

#25 Arizona defeated #10 Florida State 50-10, showing they can win without QB N. Flores.

#18 South Carolina falls to ECU 31-28

#24 Georgia falls to Louisville 10-7

and #2 Oklahoma loses 24-13 to Colorado in a former Big-12 rivalary game.

(With the Oklahoma and Oregon loss, BSU moves up to #3 in the Polls behind Ohio State and Nebraska.)

OTHER KEY GAMES

#11 Iowa-28 North Texas-21
#1 Ohio State-38 Akron-7
Tulsa-38 Houston-31
USC-51 Minnesota-21
Stanford-44 San Jose State-3
#16 Texas-52 Rice-18
Old 10-16-2010, 12:26 AM   #94
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

WEEK 2

(1-0) VS (1-0)

GAME PREVIEW

It's labled "Battle of the Palouse. These 2 schools are seperated by just 8 miles of farm land. Started in 1894, Washington State has dominated this rivalary with a 70-18-3 record. Idaho's last win was in 1925, with the last meeting taking place in 2007. However with former WSU D Coordinator Rob Akey running the show at Idaho now and Coach Dodge a very public U of I ***** running the show at WSU this rivalary is back on as is the tradiation of the "Loser Walk" where the losing team must walk the 8 miles back to their campus.

GAME RECAP

Both teams would struggle to move the ball in the 1st Quarter as it ends with zero's on the scoreboard. WSU however would be the 1st to score as J. Tuell hits J. Kartsetter on a 88 yd bomb to put WSU up (7-0) Idaho would answer back with a 21 yd FG. WSU would take the field with 3:57 to play in the half and J. Tuell was looking to make something happen. Instead the JR QB would take a huge hit (late in my opinion) leaving him on the ground in serve pain. WSU would be forced to punt and with 7 seconds to play in the half, Idaho would connect on a 43 yd FG to make it (7-6)

SR QB M. Lobbestael would lead the Cougs onto the field in the 2nd half as J. Tuell stayed in the locker room. After a 3 and out, WSU would punt again. Idaho would take advantage finally getting in the endzone on a 3 yd J. Podrabsky run (13-7) Lobbestael now playing in his 3rd possession would find his groove and hit J. Kartsetter on a 32 yd TD pass as WSU retakes the lead. (14-13)

Again Idaho would go to the ground and again J. Podrabsky would find paydirt diving in from 1 yd out. Up by 6, Idaho would go for 2pt and convert to take the Touchdown lead (21-14) Quite all came, Isiah Barton finally deliever though catching a 21yd TD pass with 2 minutes to play to tie the game (21-21) Needing a huge stop, the Cougar "D" would deliver getting the stop they needed. D. Wagner would get a chance to win the game in regulation but would fail to hit a 36 yd FG as this game was going to Overtime!!!

In the OT period, the Cougars would win the toss and elect to play Defense. Againt the "D" would deliever a huge stop swatting down 2 potential TD pass's including a 4th and goal (4 yds). Not taking any chances, Coach Dodge would run the ball setting up a 24 yd FG attempt. This time Wagner would deliver as the WSU Student Body and fans rushed the field.

FINAL SCORE WSU-24 IDAHO-21

KEY PLAYERS

QB J. Tuell-7/15 191 yds 1 TD 1 INT
QB M. Lobbestael- 12/22 158 yds 2 TD's
RB L. Mitz 20 carries 45 yds (2.2 Avg)
WR J. Kartsetter- 10 rec 246 yds 2 TD's
WR I. Barton 1 rec 21 yds 1 TD
OLB A. Hoffman-Ellis 11 Tackles (7 Solo)

QB B. Reader 11/19 148 yds
QB J. Podrabsky- 7/17 102 yds 1 INT 10 carries 19 yds 2 TD's
RB P. McCarty-31 carries 108 yds
WR A. Johnson-4 carries 101 yds

POST GAME INTERVIEW

Coach Dodge "I am not going to lie. If we don't win another game all year it was worth it coming to WSU just to win this one. It was a amazing feeling watching Coach Akey and his team walk back to Moscow. I had to follow them in my car just to make sure they didn't try and hitch a ride

I talked to the trainers and right now it looks like Jeff has a severe Back sprain that will keep him out at least the next 6 weeks. Right now the plan is to go with Lobby, but we will take a look at the RS FR C. Halliday this week in practice as well. I love Mitz to death but we got to get our run game going so we will also take a look at RS SO C. Winston at HB as well. I can't say enough about Kartsetter and Barton those guys are amazing. Both have the potential to have 1000 yds season's and potentially 2000 yds if they play like they have been"

Old 10-16-2010, 10:56 PM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 5

Hopefully you can persuade my guy lol...you sure need help in the secondary

Edit: As well as RB it seems....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2010, 12:20 AM   #96
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-oss
Hopefully you can persuade my guy lol...you sure need help in the secondary

Edit: As well as RB it seems....

My team needs help across the board but yes my secondary and running backs are horrible right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »