Home

The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

This is a discussion on The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-17-2010, 11:24 PM   #105
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtackel78
not a surprise the mclaughlin brothers dont wana play with each other
I guess you would know best.. Guess Ian is tired of protecting Dave's butt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2010, 11:28 PM   #106
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloves 82
Rough start. Looks like Halliday's gonna be a good QB. Can't wait to see how the rest of the season plays out with you running the Air Raid offense.

Halliday has played well so far filling in for Tuell. It does give me hope for the future because so far I have had zero success in recruiting a QB to Pullman.

I have enjoyed playing with the Air Raid so far. It's my first attempt with it. I tried the Run and Shoot, the Spread, the Pistol, and Pro Style playbooks.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:16 AM   #107
Rookie

dtackel78's Arena

OVR: 3

lets just say the one getting the glory is the one who doesnt do the dirty work
Old 10-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #108
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

WEEK'S 4-5 RECAP

Week 4

Week 4 offered Coach Dodge and his Cougars a Bye, so they were able to use the week to continue to work on their new offensive gameplan the "Air Raid attack" With a ground game producing less then 50 yds and a 2.4 yd Avg, the Cougars were looking to change things up. With JR QB Jeff Tuel still out for another 3-4 Weeks, it would be RS FR C. Halliday leading the charge.

Week 5

(1-2) @ #19 (2-1)

OPPONENT PREVIEW

The Cardinals were blessed when QB A. Luck turned down a chance to go pro and be the possible #1 Overall Pick, instead returning to Stanford for a chance at a National Title. After staring the year with wins over SDSU and Duke, the Cardinals rose quickly moving up to #16 in the Top-25 Coaches Poll, however in Week 3 they lost a heartbreaker 43-37 to USC in Overtime to drop to #19 in the Polls. They are looking to turn things around against the struggling Cougars.

GAME RECAP

The Cougar "D" would step up huge in the 1st Quarter forcing a fumble on the opening drive. WSU would open the game completing 4/4 passes before going to the ground game which suprisingly had some success, as the Cougars scored first 7-0. Stanford's A. Luck would answer back with a 37 yd TD pass to tie the game (7-7) at the end of 1.

Neither Offense would generate points in the 2nd Q as the game went into the half still tied.

In the 3rd Quarter the new WSU Offense would explode for 21 points. RS SO C. Winston scored his 1st TD of the year on a 2 yd run, C. Halliday hit I. Barton on a 33 yd TD pass and SR RB L. Mitz broke his biggest run of his career as he scored on a 66yd!! scamper..

Again the WSU "D" would step up keeping A. Luck from doing any damage but with 2:47 to play the Cardinal D would get on the scoreboard as they recovered a Halliday fumble in the endzone for the TD. (28-14) After a 3 and Out by the Cougar "O", the Cardinals went back to work trying to get in the endzone. The "D" was ready though and did a great job until finally with only 9 seconds to play Luck found the endzone on a 21 yd TD pass, but it was to little to late as WSU got the huge upset road win!!!

FINAL SCORE WSU-28 #19 STANFORD-21

KEY PLAYERS

QB C. Halliday 24/37 357 yds 1 TD 2 INT 1 Fumble
RB L. Mitz 21 carries 113 yds (5.3 Avg) 2 TD's
RB C. Wintson 1 carry 2 yds 1 TD
WR I. Barton 7 rec 153 yds 1 TD
WR J. Kartsetter 3 rec 40 yds
OLB A. Hoffman-Ellis 10 Tackles (8 Solo, 3 TFL)

QB A. Luck 22/33 321 yds 2 TD's
RB S. Taylor 22 carries 56 yds (2.5 Avg)
WR C. Owusu 6 rec 118 yds

POST GAME COMMENTS BY COACH DOGE

"This is a huge win for us. Beating a Top-25 opponent was a goal of mine to start the year and to beat Stanford at their house is a big victory not just on the field but a moral victory for us as well. All Week we practiced the "Air Raid" so we knew that they would prepare to stop our passing attack, so it was great to see L. Mitz break some huge runs and get over 100 yds. I am really proud of the way the "D" stepped up and played against A. Luck. We have faced some tough QB's this year (K. Moore-BSU), D. Thomas-Oregon) so it was good to see us finally have a little success. I just hope we can continue this play against SDSU next week they are on a roll"
Old 10-19-2010, 01:07 PM   #109
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

WEEK 6

(2-2) VS (4-1)

OPPONENT PREVIEW

After falling 19-10 to Stanford in Week 1, the Aztec's surprised #9 Arizona in Week 2 beating the Wildcats in OT 36-30 at home. In Week 3 it was a 45-44 thriller over Army on the road, before returning home to defeat MWC rival UNLV (0-5) 37-14. The Atzecs then pulled off another upset beating Nevada 27-24 on the road. QB R. Lindley enters the game with 1342 yds 11 TD's and just 2 INT in their first 5 games.

GAME RECAP

SDSU would score early and often as they took a 24-7 lead into the locker room. Lindley threw for 200 yds and 2 TD's.

WSU would score to open the 2nd half, as C. Halliday threw his 2nd TD of the game, but then it was all SDSU as the Atzecs added 18 more points as they took a 42-14 lead into the 4th Q.

In the 4th the Cougars "O" would finally show some life as Halliday hits J. Kartsetter on a 30 yd TD Pass and, RS SO C. Winston shows his big play ability with a 64 yd TD run. But Lindley wasn't done as the SR threw his 4th TD of the game to make it (49-28) WSU would get the ball back with a minute to play but failed to move the ball down field and with 22 seconds to play, Coach Dodge would run out Kicker D. Wagner to attempt a 45 yd FG.
FINAL SCORE WSU-31 SDSU-49

KEY PLAYERS

QB C. Halliday 26/45 398 yds 3 TD 1 INT
RB L Mitz 11 carries 24 yds (2.1 Avg)
C. Winston 1 carry 64 yds 1 TD
WR J. Kartsetter 9 rec 229 yds 1 TD
TE S. Stormo 11 rec 87 yds 1 TD
WR I. Barton 1 rec 28 yds
OLB A. Hoffman-Ellis 11 Tackles (4 Solo)

QB R. Lindley 25/40 455 yds 4 TD

POST GAME COMMENTS BY COACH DODGE

"What can I say? Lindley played great today. Outplaying all of the QB's we have faced already (Moore,Thomas,Luck). I really thought we had our Offense going in the right direction after the 100 yd performance by Mitz against Stanford, but the Atzec's were ready and other then Winston's big run, they stopped us every time we tried to move the ball. I thought C. Halliday continues to play well. Obviously J. Tuell is our guy when he returns but Halliday's play gives us hope for a bright future. The opposing D has really learned to focus on Barton or Kartsetter but has failed to contain both. I was really proud of the way Halliday used Stormo today though and he came through with some big catches especially on 3rd downs.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:25 PM   #110
Rookie

vusa92troy's Arena

OVR: 36

Seriously, you beat luck, but lose to SDSU??? Must have been the Standford hangover.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:32 PM   #111
Wippa Zow!

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Yea... that was my first thought... That was the prototypical letdown game after the big win over Stanford... Altho then again, it doesn't appear as if SDSU is a slouch either... They beat a top 10 Arizona earlier in the year.

Anyways, just keep your eye on the prize. As my man Franch1se put it a few pages back.... You are Freddie Prinze Jr and you need to make WSU sexy. Nobody said it would be easy....

Last edited by Nunyerbiz; 10-19-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 05:05 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sorry Deuce, but you know I was going for the Aztecs in that game...good luck next year!
NCAAB: UC Riverside Highlanders
NCAAF: San Diego State Aztecs

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »