Home

The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

This is a discussion on The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-23-2010, 01:57 AM   #121
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ4
Don't you hate playing a game and getting so close to winning (even if you shouldn't be) and then bam... just 1 play ruins everything?

I do and I don't I enjoy the close games, but I do get fustrated when I lose on stupid plays or calls. Especially when I can't seem to win to often with these guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2010, 02:00 AM   #122
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

As far as needing a running back and a O-Line. You are both correct. I need both.. I don't get it either because I have lineman that have decent ratings and Mitz has decent skills, but neither play as well as their ratings.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:07 AM   #123
JJ4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
I do and I don't I enjoy the close games, but I do get fustrated when I lose on stupid plays or calls. Especially when I can't seem to win to often with these guys.
I dealt with that A LOT my first year with WKU. Even into the second season my WR's/TE's/RB's keep dropping easy catches. It has to be one of the most frustrating things there is. Every win you can get will go a long way... if only the team would .. you know.. do their part.

In the 'Bama game I played. It was like 3rd & 14... the QB threw a lob pass (it stayed in the air forever) way down field, next to the out of bounds line... 2 defenders there... 1 WR in between them... and yet the WR STILL caught it. At least in my case I have a weak conference to fall back on. lol.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:43 PM   #124
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

RECRUITING UPDATE

Going into the season we spotlighted 9 players around the nation following them on their recruiting trips as they narrowed down what schools they would be playing for next season.

JeMarcus Green a 6'4 WR out of Arkansas made noise in Week 1 as he signed with his hometown team the Arkansas Razorbacks. Green was Rated #119 Overall and the #18 WR in the nation.

Green wasn't the only WR to be spotlighted, as we as followed 6'3 Aaron Wheeler out of Detroit Michigan. Many thought that he like Green might stay local and play for the Spartans or Wolverines but so far Wheeler has yet to committ saying he wanted to keep his options open and so far those options look be taking Wheeler to the ACC where all 3 of his top choices play.
#1 Florida State
#2 Virginia Tech
#3 Georgia Tech

(None are offering, but FSU seems to have the inside track)

Another pass catching prospect was TE TJ Deuce out of Spokane Washington. Coach Dodge was quick to offer "The Deuce" a scholarship, but in the end TJ elected to play at a different Pac-10 school as he committs to Oregon State

On the ground RB Shea Mengel (#61 Overall/#6 RB) who caught the eye of many bigtime programs looking for a RB, but in the end it was Georgia Tech who secured the committment.

Mengal might not be the only spotlight player putting on a Yellow Jacket uniform next year, as both Left Tackle Ian McLaughlin and QB Kelsey Charles are currently being offered scholarships. McLaughlin has GT #1 on his list but both Penn State and Michigan are still fighting for the services of the big pass protector. Charles more of a protypical pocket passer still has Pitt as his #1 choice, but the Panthers have yet to offer a scholarship.

After having his brother Ian protecting his blindside and making him look good for the past 4 years, David McLaughlin will now look to someone else to do the dirty work. Rated #138 Overall and the #12 best QB in the nation, McLaughlin will be joining JeMarcus Green at Arkansas as this duo looks took make noise next season.

On the Defensive side of the ball we followed MLB Lennon Kyle of Cummins GA and Deion White of Bryan Texas. Kyle was quick to recieve scholarship offers from both Georgia and Georgia Tech, but in Week 8 choose to sign with the Florida State Seminoles. Well White elected to stay home and play for the Texas A&M Aggies.

I WILL UPDATE THE FINAL SIGNINGS AS THE END OF THE SEASON. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND ME A PM WITH SOME KIND OF MESSAGE ABOUT YOUR PLAYER AND THE SCHOOL WHERE THEY SIGNED, I will include that in my writeup.

Also I am taking applicants for next years recruiting spotlight. I will take the first 5 players who are given.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:13 PM   #125
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

(Because I have so many weeks to recap, I am just going to give scores and some stats over the past 4 weeks)

WEEK 8-12 RECAP

Week 8
vs #22

Final score WSU-45 USC-54

The Trojans fell in Week 7 falling from their #6 ranking all the way to #22. WSU looked to knock them all the way out of the Top-25, however 5 INT's by C. Halliday including 2 in the 4th Quarter stopped those hopes.

Halliday did finish the day with 468 yds and 4 TD's, I. Barton broke a schoool record with 16 catches for 224 yds and 1 TD.

M Tyler had 28 carries for 244 yds and 2 TD's including a 90 yd run after stopping the Cougars on 4th down, in the 4th Quarter.

Week 9
Bye Week

Week 9 marked the return of JR QB Jeff Tuel. Also Coach Dodge made another change on Offense as RS SO RB C. Winston replaced SR L. Mitz as the starting tailback.

WEEK 10

VS

FINAL SCORE WSU-31 CAL-17

Led 17-10 at the half. Tuel played amazing in his return going 20/33 for 259 yd and 4 TD's. TE Skyler Stormo had 8 catches for 87 yds and 3 of the TD's.

WEEK 11

@

FINAL SCORE WSU-34 OSU-10

Oregon State entered the game winless on the year. They played well in the 1st half as it was tied 10-10, but a 17-0 4th Quarter killed OSU chances for picking up their 1st win of the season.

Tuel didn't play great passing the ball 27/46 294 yds 1 TD and 2 INT's, but made some amazing plays with his feet rushing for 76 yds and 2 TD's. C. Winston had a decent game as well avg 4.0 yds per carry and finished with 70 yds and a TD. Kartsetter finished with 11 catches for 162 yds

WEEK 12

@

FINAL SCORE WSU-20 CU-15

With the win, WSU moves to .500 (5-5, 4-3 in the Pac-10), and needs only 1 more win to become bowl elgible with #24 Utah (7-2) next week and instate rival (4-7) Washington for the Apple Cup in Week 14.

The score is closer then it looks. WSU led 20-6 going into the 4th Q. Colorado scored their TD with 2 minutes to play but failed the onside kick.

J. Tuells #'s 19/35 247 yds 1 TD 1 INT, 3 carries 17 yds 1 TD
J. Kartsetter 5 rec 81 yds 1 TD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2010, 04:22 PM   #126
JJ4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Player Name: Corey Haas (Deuce knows who I'm talking about lol)
Position: WR
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 185
Hometown/State: Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Skin Color: Caucasian
3 Positive Attributes per your pos: speed, Quickness, Agility
3 Negative attributes per your pos: route running, awareness, catch in traffic

Old 10-24-2010, 04:29 PM   #127
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

Although the road ahead looks tough, I'm sure you can get at least one win. Don't be fooled by Washington's mediocre record though they are a good team. Good luck with this man I didn't think I'd like this dynasty that much but I think it's very good and you put a lot of hard work into it so 2 thumps up for you my friend. Good luck this season, hopefully Wheeler smartens up and picks Michigan State.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:39 PM   #128
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

THE COUGARS COACHES CORNER

(This is going to be a new interview segment with Coach Dodge, to give a more indepth look at the team and game's in which I don't give large writeups about)

Host (Butch the mascot)

Butch-Coach you guys went 3-1 with Jeff Tuell back at QB. You need only 1 more win to go to a Bowl game, do you think we can do it?

Coach Dodge-I think so. The games will be tough. Utah has played great so far this year and are #24 in the Coaches Poll, they would be ranked higher but are coming off a disappointing 31-30 loss to USC. Their QB J. Wynn has played amazing (2973 yds 29 TD/5 INT)

Washington has struggled this year and won't be going to a bowl game, so you know beating us and taking the Apple Cup is all they have left to play for?

Host Butch- Coach take us back to the USC game. You guys were down by only 5 points in the 4th Quarter and had a chance to win the game but Conner Halliday threw 2 INT's. Did you ever think about putting SR M. Lobbistael (Lobby), he is one of my fav players.

Coach Dodge- I know the fans and you both love Lobby, but I Conner was the reason why we were even in the game to begin with and I didn't think it was fair to pull him with a chance to win the game. Now I look back at it and wonder if I made the right call.

Host Butch-Coach right now J. Kartsetter has 66 catches for 1193 yds and 10 TD's well I. Barton has 59 catches for 1146 yds and 9 TD's. Who is the better player?

Coach Dodge- They are both amazing recievers.. We had a great WR last year at North Texas Jamal Jackson, but both these guy's makes plays I couldn't that not to many others could make. Obviously Kartsetter will be playing on Sunday's next year I just hope Barton will stick around 1 more year. If not I will be very sad.

Host Butch- You benched SR L. Mitz at RB and put in RS SO C. Winston, the running game still seems to be struggling. Can you blame either player or is the O-line to blame.

Coach Dodge-When you only rush for 719 yds in 10 games, I think everyone should take part of the blame. I take part of it because of the playing calling, but then again when you are only avg 2.2 yds a carry it's pretty hard to put your team into 3rd and long every time down the field.

Host Butch-Well Coach looks like I need to go take my cat nap and scout the campus for some lunch. It was great taking to you. I look forward to game on Sat.

Coach Dodge-Thanks Butch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »