Home

The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

This is a discussion on The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2010, 01:23 PM   #225
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

(6-3) @ (5-5)

GAME PREVIEW

It has been a crazy year for the Ducks. They started the season ranked #8 in the PreSeason Poll and climbed as high as #3, but with back to back loss's in Week 5 and 6, the Ducks flight took a huge nose dive.

The Cougars have quitely gone on to have one of their best seasons and with the win over Cal became Bowl eligible for the 2nd time in 8 seasons. A win today would tie their best record in the past 10 years.

GAME RECAP

Injuries, Missed scoring attempts and big plays highlighted this game.

FR R. Parrish failed to connect on 3 Field goals for WSU in the 1st half, but the Cougars were still able to take a 17-13 lead into the half on a 89 yd TD pass from Tuell to Barton. Barton would finish the half with 4 rec 100 yds and a TD.

In the 2nd half WSU would get a scare as I. Barton was forced to leave the game after a 17 yd catch over the middle that saw him sandwiched between 2 defenders. Barton was carted off the field and taken to the locker room never to return to action. FR T. McCoy would take his place and play well, but 3 INT by J. Tuell would spell doom for the Cougs. Oregon would score 24 unanswered points to take a 38-24 lead with less the 4 minutes to play.

With Tuell on the sideline RS SO C. Halliday looked to lead the Cougars in the 2 minute drill but instead the drive would stall at the 2yd line as the Duck "D" stopped them on 4th an 2. The next play would be the dagger to the heart as RB A. Lawerence broke through the line to go 98 yds for the victory sealing TD. Halliday would hook up with FR T. McCoy on a 64 yd TD pass with 1:25 to play but the failed Onside kick left the Cougars going home without the win.

FINAL SCORE WSU-31 OREGON-44

KEY PLAYERS

QB J. Tuell 18/41 360 yds 3 TD's 3 INT
QB C. Halliday 4/10 118 yds 1 TD
RB P. Smith-12 carries 81 yds (6.7 Avg)
WR I. Barton-5 rec 117 yds 1 TD
WR T. McCoy-8 rec 198 yds 1 TD

QB B. Bennett 21/33 278 yds 4 TD
RB A. Lawerence 21 carries 155 yds 1 TD
WR W. Murphy 8 rec 110 yds 2 TD
TE J. Huff 6 rec 95 yds 2 TD

POST GAME COMMENTS BY COACH DODGE

"Going into this game I knew it would be a battle. Oregon is a very good team. I thought our Defense play well for 3 Quarters and until that 98 yd run, we had held them under a 100 yds. Bennett made some big plays when it counted.

I know most of you want to know what happened with Tuell, well easy answer is he just ran out of gas. When a guy drops back and throws 40+ times a game and gets hit as often as he does, he needed a break. He is still our starter going up against Washington next week. Also I. Barton will be back, he had a mild concussion, but doctors have said he should be fine and I know he wants to play. I felt like FR P. Smith did a excellent job running the ball today, but when we fell behind we sorta had to abanndon the run. I hope we can get him more involved next week and keep the game close"

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2010, 09:03 PM   #226
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ4
Michigan #1, Wisconsin #3.... Alabama have any more games left they can lose?

Michigan plays Miami of Ohio (2-9)

Alabama is done except the SEC Title game against #9 South Carolina

Wisconsin still has #17 West Virginia and FAU

USF has Oklahoma State (2-9)

Texas has the Big 12 Championship game against #14 Oklahoma whom they already beat 45-24.

I have a feeling it willl be a Michigan vs Alabama showdown, but I hope SCAR can pull it off.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:17 PM   #227
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

WEEK 13 RECAP

Week 13 gave us several bigtime games with #1 Michigan beating #6 Ohio State 27-10. With the win Michigan has secured a spot in the National Title game barring a loss to Miami of Ohio (2-9). The Buckeyes drop to #12 and probably out of a BCS Bowl game.

#5 Texas should play in a BCS Bowl game after sealing up the Big 12 South with a 24-10 win over Texas A&M

#13 TCU defeats Texas Tech 21-7 and has to hope their Week 14 matchup with #19 Tennessee can push them into a Top-10 finish

#3 Wisconsin defeats Illinois 38-21 but have 2 games remaining including #17 WVU.

#2 Alabama awaits the SEC Title game to seal their fate after beating South Miss 31-13. They will have 2 weeks off to prepare for #9 South Carolina, well the Gamecock$ must still play Clemson.

#7 Penn State defeats Michigan State 35-10

#6 Washington defeats Stanford 31-25 and only a loss to the Cougars next week is keeping them from a Rose Bowl Appearence.

USC fell hard in the polls after a Week 12 loss to Oregon State and now find themselves out of the Top-25 after a 31-17 loss to Air Force, with UCLA and OSU still on the schedule they have to win out and hope UW loses for any chance at a BCS Bowl.

#11 Florida State continues their high scoring attack as they beat instate rival #10 Florida 44-39.

#15 BYU defeats Idaho 24-17 and moves up to #10 in the latest poll.

#4 USF still has a outside chance with a 44-5 win over UTEP. They face (2-9) Oklahoma State on Sat
Old 11-03-2010, 09:21 PM   #228
JJ4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Michigan plays Miami of Ohio (2-9)

Alabama is done except the SEC Title game against #9 South Carolina

Wisconsin still has #17 West Virginia and FAU

USF has Oklahoma State (2-9)

Texas has the Big 12 Championship game against #14 Oklahoma whom they already beat 45-24.

I have a feeling it willl be a Michigan vs Alabama showdown, but I hope SCAR can pull it off.
I hope So. Car. can too. I have a feeling Wisconsin is gonna lose to W. Virginia though.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #229
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

BATTLE FOR THE APPLE

(6-4) @ #6 (10-1)

GAME PREVIEW

Last Year Jeff Tuell led the Cougars to 2 4th Quarter TD's in the final 4 minutes of the game to give WSU the win in Pullman, so the Huskies would be looking for Revenge tonight. However the added fuel of knowing they could keep their instate rival out of the Rose Bowl gives WSU something to play for

Both teams enter as 2 of the Top scoring teams in the nation. UW currently is #6 in the nation Avg 36 PPG, well WSU is #10 Avg 34.1
However it's the Huskies balance attack that has Coach Dodge worried. (UW is #9 in Total Offense, #17 Rushing and #15 Passing). However one thing going in WSU favor is the blizzard coming down in Seattle. Not known for alot of snow it's been coming down since early morning leaving everyone to wonder what type of Offensive attack both teams would have.

(Injury notes. WR I. Barton is starting today, but RB R. Mayfield is questionable with a sprained ankle and with C. Winston still out for another 2 weeks, the Cougars will have to rely on FR Paul Smith to carry the load)

GAME RECAP

Two big plays gave WSU the lead in the 1st half. On a 3rd and 6, J. Tuell dropped back to pass, but not finding anyone open instead scrambled 41 yds for the TD to make it 10-7. Washington would take the lead 14-10 with a minute to play with N. Montana hit K. Smith on a 30 yd TD pass, but when J. Tuell and I. Barton hook up anything can happen. Tuell hit Barton on a 93 yd bomb as the WR goes into the endzone with :29 seconds to play to make it 17-14

With the snow falling harder and harder, WSU would look to run out some clock and keep the ball on the ground as P. Smith and R. Mayfield both score TD's. Down 31-14 going into the 4th Q, the Huskies were forced to abandon their running attack and find passing difficult in all the snow. WSU however would have their 2nd highest output on the ground since Week 1 rushing 25 times for 136 yds as they worked the time off the clock. UW would finally get back on the scoreboard but it was too little to late as Montana hits J. Johnson on a 30 yd TD pass with 9 seconds to play.
FINAL SCORE WSU-31 UW-21

KEY PLAYERS

QB J. Tuell 17/35 353 yds 1 TD 2 INT 1 carry 41 yds 1 TD
RB P. Smith 17 carries 93 yds 1 TD
RB R. Mayfield 5 carries 5 yds 1 TD
WR I. Barton 10 rec 260 yds 1 TD

QB N. Montana-20/40 281 yds 3 TD
RB C. Polk-14 carries 46 yds
WR J. Johnson-7 rec 121 yds 1 TD

POST GAME COMMENTS BY COACH DODGE

This game has to be the biggest non-bowl win in school history. To beat the Huskies on the road with them ranked #6 in the nation. Wow!!! That just makes my career. With the loss, Washington falls out of the Rose Bowl spot as USC takes over the #1 spot in the Pac-10 standings.

I thought we played one of our best games all year. Granted we still had 3 turnovers, but we had a nice balance of running and passing and what can you say about I. Barton. The kid is just amazing. He now holds every school record except career Receptions and when you consider the fact he played only 2 years here, that is pretty amazing.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:08 AM   #230
JJ4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Congrats on the big win, hopefully you can keep the momentum going.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:11 AM   #231
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ4
Congrats on the big win, hopefully you can keep the momentum going.

Well I still got Idaho in Week 15 and even though they are 6-5, I am not to worried. We are playing great and it's Idaho. I am going to them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2010, 01:04 AM   #232
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

WEEK 14 RECAP

Week 14 offered plenty of excitement besides the WSU win over #6 Washington.

#1 Michigan kicked a FG with 13 seconds to play to squeek by Miami OH 34-31

#3 Wisconsin beat #17 West Virginia 42-39 to keep the National Title hopes alive.

#4 USF dominated Oklahoma State 41-21

#9 South Carolina scored in the final minutes to beat Clemson 29-25.

Arizona defeated #11 Florida State 38-28

Tennessee defeated #13 TCU 33-13

UCLA defeated USC 23-7

Oregon defeated Oregon State-17

Stanford defeated Cal 28-20

Georgia defeated Oklahoma 31-24

FINAL STANDINGS

7-2 (7-4 Overall)
The Trojans secure the Rose Bowl with their win over Washington but have lost back to back and still have to face #10 Ohio State next week. Losing 3 straight going into the bowl game would be horrid

7-2 (10-2 Overall)

The loss to WSU will sting for a very long time as they lose their Rose Bowl spot. Instead they will face TCU in the Alamo Bowl

6-3 (8-4 Overall)

With the win over USC, the Bruins secured the #3 spot with their earlier win over WSU. Because of this they are headed to the Holiday Bowl to face Kansas State.

6-3 (7-4 Overall)

WSU goes into Week 15 playing their 4th game on the road vs rival Idaho, but has already secured the bid to the Brut Sun Bowl and will face Georgia Tech (8-4)

5-4 (8-4 Overall)

The Cardinals are headed to Vegas to face Fresno State in the Las Vegas Bowl.

4-5 (7-5 Overall)

The Ducks are flying to the Emerald Bowl, their opponent is #17 BYU who is undefeated at 11-0

4-5 (5-7 Overall)

After a 0-9 finish in the Pac-10 and a 2-10 Overall, this was a huge step back in the right direction for Coach Riley and the Beavers.

3-6 (5-6 Overall)

Their Week 15 matchup with Illinois is huge as they look to get to a Bowl game. A win and they are head to the Music City Bowl to face UNC, a loss and they sit at home watching it on TV.

2-7 (5-7 Overall)

Once a Top-25 team, the Utes season has disappointment writen all over it.

1-8 (3-8 Overall)

Disappointment doesn't even explain what the Bears are feeling.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »