Home

The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

This is a discussion on The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-06-2010, 05:52 PM   #257
JJ4
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

I've seen it all now... Kellen Moore threw an INT. (currently watching BSU vs Hawaii)

Old 11-07-2010, 01:48 AM   #258
JJ4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ4
I've seen it all now... Kellen Moore threw an INT. (currently watching BSU vs Hawaii)
I saw the box score and it said he threw 2 INTs (I stopped watching after awhile lol). Anywho:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...pat&id=5774990

I don't how many coaches would've done that if their team was in the same position.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:58 PM   #259
MVP

hockeyplaya2724's Arena

OVR: 29

Alright you got me addicted, I need an update
Old 11-07-2010, 07:43 PM   #260
MVP

Thugger Jackson's Arena

OVR: 15

what happen to our prospect, haven't been folowing in a while.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:05 PM   #261
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

I just finished creating 14 Board member prospects. Everyone is now going to start out as a 85 Overall and hopefully once signed will be a starter for their team.

I will try and get some PreSeason Updates (Interview with Butch), Top-25, 2013 Schedule, Recruiting news in the next couple of days.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2010, 09:37 PM   #262
Rookie

Lupine's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
I just finished creating 14 Board member prospects. Everyone is now going to start out as a 85 Overall and hopefully once signed will be a starter for their team.

I will try and get some PreSeason Updates (Interview with Butch), Top-25, 2013 Schedule, Recruiting news in the next couple of days.
Nice, I will be following.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:55 PM   #263
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22

COACHES CORNER

Good Evening and Welcome to "Coaches Corner" I am Butch your mascot and host. Today's guest is Football Head Coach Bryan Dodge. We will discuss last season's success and take a look at next year's hopes and dreams.

Butch-Coach Congrats on your 9-3 finish with the Bowl win over K-State. That was huge. It was our first bowl win since 2004!!!!

Coach Dodge-Thanks Butch. It was a great year. I am very proud of how our guy's played. To think that we had several games that came down to the wire, so 1 or 2 plays was the only thing that kept us from a 10 win season.

Butch-Coach you have had great success since coming to WSU. You are 25-14 lifetime (17-10 at WSU) and are a perfect 6-0 vs our Rivals (Oregon State,Idaho,Washington). However you are only 6-7 vs teams in the Top-25. Do you think you can change that this year?

Coach Dodge-I sure hope so. Playing in the Pac-10 is tough. Washington, Stanford, UCLA and Oregon are all PreSeason Top-25 teams and USC isn't to far outside of the Top-25. Plus we have a home game this year against #15 Missouri. So with 4 to 5 games against the Top-25 it could be tough. (I will have a full breakdown of the schedule in my WSU Preview)

Butch-Coach after your win over K-State, rumors are you were contacted by both Cincinnati and Nebraska about Head Coaching jobs is that true?

Coach Dodge-Cincy was a head coaching offer, but Nebraska was just a Offensive Coordinator posistion. However if you remember I signed a 3 yr contract orginally and was given a 4yr extension last season. I don't plan on leaving Pullman anytime soon.

Butch-Coach is there a dream job out there for you or is WSU it. Obviously we don't have the facilities or recruiting budget of most of the BCS programs in fact we have the lowest in the Pac-10. Does things like that effect your decision?

Coach Dodge-Not at all. Look at the success that Coach Peterson is having at BSU. Coaching a SEC school, Big Ten or Big 12 might have more national exposure, but that doesn't make it a dream job, or even a more challenging job. Like I said I like it here, and I think we got the program going in the right direction.

Butch-Speaking of that. You guys finished #16 in the Top-25 last year after the Bowl win. You are ranked #31 in the PreSeason Poll. You brought in the #65 Best Recruiting class in the nation, but the worst in the Pac-10. You lost 15 Seniors (11 of them starters) including starting QB J. Tuell, record breaking WR I. Barton and Defensive star DE R. Long. How do you plan on replacing them?
QB J. Tuell finished 206/386 (53%) 3543 yds 27 TD's and 12 INT

WR I. Barton finished with 128 catches 2361 yds 17 TD's
(Career-195 catches, 3557 yds 27 TD's)
(Tied school record for Career Receptions, missed getting Career TD's-32)

DE R. Long-62 tackles, 16 TFL, 5 sacks

Coach Dodge- Well obviously over the past 2 years we have had a chance to watch RS JR Conner Halliday start 8 games and he has played well, so he will go into the year as our starting QB
199/396 (50.3%) 3182 yds 22 TD/17 INT
As far as replacing WR I. Barton, I don't think 1 man can do it, but we have RS JR M. Wilson returning this year from sitting out last season and we have 3 other talented WR's who I think will step up.
RS JR R. Jiles-39 rec 624 yds 7 TD
RS JR B. Ratliff-25 rec 425 yds 3 TD
SO T. McCoy-33 rec 532 yds 3 TD
As far as replacing Long. I think SR Sekope Kaufusi (50 Tackles, 13 TFL, 6 sacks) and ROLB RS JR C. Mizzell (73 Tackles, 52 solo, 8 TFL) as well as transfer DE D. Camporelle (Cal) will step up to make our "D" better.

Butch-Speaking of transfers, we have HB JR Donte Williams ready to suit up in the backfield this year. Last season our RB's finished with 925 yds on the ground as 3 different guys finished with 200+ yds.
RS JR C. Winston-47 carries 232 yds (4.9 avg) 2 TD
(missed 10 games with injury)

FR P. Smith-96 carries 285 yds (2.9 avg) 3 TD

FR R. Mayfield-94 carries 272 yds (2.8 yd) 7 TD
Will we see all 4 backs get some looks this year, or has Williams showed you he can be the everydown back we were missing and a 1000+ yd rusher?

Coach Dodge-I believe Williams has the potential to be a 2000 yd rusher, but all 4 backs will see some carries. We have 2 other HB's who will redshirt this season, and I fill like Smith and Mayfield deserve a chance to continue to help us on the field. At this point I expect Mayfield to continue to get the goal looks as he did well last year scoring 7 TD's. Smith will get a chance to get 5-6 carries a game and I hope that Winston (8-10 carries) will be a nice balance inside to what I feel Williams will be able to do outside and in the passing game.

Butch-Does this mean we won't see 400+ yds through the air this year?

Coach Dodge-Not every game. I expect to see more of a balance I would love to see something more like 250 passing and 200 rushing.

Butch-Do you plan on using the same playbook? (Baylor)

Coach Dodge- I do. I feel that our playbook gives us lot's of different looks and formation packages that give us the ability to get alot of guy's into the game.

Butch-Last year you had FR J. Roland play QB in the "Pistol formation". Will he play again this year and will you use it more often?

Coach Dodge-I do plan on playing Justin again this year, and I do hope to get him more snaps a game (5-10 plays)

Butch-Besides Camporelle and Williams you also had CB A. Patterson transfer in from Oregon. Will he start this year and what other players who we might not have seen as much last year will play a bigger role?

Coach Dodge-Right now Patterson is scheduled to take D. Simmons starting CB spot opposite L. Washington. As far as other players. RS SO TE C. Jackson will start this year at TE with S. Stormo gone and converted TE A. Dunn will start at FB with A. Byers graduated. So both of those guys will see more PT. Also we have 2 new starters on the D-Line besides Camporelle, so only Kaufusi is use to starting.

Butch-Coach you have WSU now ranked as a 3* prestiage, you brought in a very good recruiting class. With your 9 win season including the Bowl win, and with your long term committment, do you plan on recruiting more highly touted players and what kind of success do you think you might have?

Coach Dodge-We will start looking at some 4* caliber players, but our success will continue to thrive off of getting 3* players who are committed to winning. I have brought in 20+ players the past 2 seasons and that is going to be a goal of mine again this year as well.

Butch-Speaking of Goals what other goals do you have this year.
Beat #15 Missouri at Home

Stay undefeated against Rivals
(Idaho,Oregon State,Washington)

Stay undefeated against Stanford

Finish in the Top-15

Win another Bowl game

Recruit a 4* player

Old 11-08-2010, 06:44 PM   #264
Pro

OVR: 5

Lookin' forward to the new season. Can't wait till that Mizzou game