Home

The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

This is a discussion on The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-15-2010, 11:28 PM   #321
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesleypro
Name/Race: Speedy Gonzales/Hispanic
Hometown/State:Brownsville,Texas
Height/Weight: 5'5, 180
Pos/Type: HB/Speed(Duh...)
Give a couple strenghts and weakness of your player:
Strength: Fast(Speed, Agility, Elusiviness)Juke Move, Spin Move
Weakness: Strength, Carrying and blocking(catching if thats too cheesy)
Also if you want to write a short bio, I will use that info when talking about your player: Born in Mexico, Jose(Speedy) Gonzales migrated to Texas in search for a better life with his family at the age of 15. He ran track in high school and is rumored to run the 40 in 3.70 seconds. Started playing football in his junior year. Led state in rushing yards, TD and plays of 50 yards or more but also due to his inexperience, tends to fumble the ball a lot(17 fumbles last season).

Player must be sent as a pm, or I will forget to go back and look for your player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2010, 11:38 PM   #322
Rookie

mnwildgophers's Arena

OVR: 9

I just read through this thing, and it is truly impressive work you done here. I really enjoyed your recaps and looks around the league, etc.

I just ordered NCAA 11 and it should be here tomorrow, I haven't played an NCAA game for a long time, so it'll be a new experience for me. What really sold me on it was all of the great dynasties around here, and yours is no exception.

Hope that Coach Dodge can keep it up and hopefully it'll work out for you!

Is Minnesota still horrible in your game? :P
Old 11-16-2010, 12:06 AM   #323
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

COUGARS WIN 3 STRAIGHT JOIN TOP-25!!!

After opening the year with a win over Idaho, WSU lost 2 straight in blowouts to Top-25 opponents (Missouri @ UCLA). The Cougars then rebounded to win 3 straight (Utah,Cal,and Oregon State) before losing in a disappointing last minute drive to Oregon at home 34-31 in Week 8.

With 2 weeks to prepare, Coach Dodge and his team took on #19 (5-1) USC at home and came away with the 1st of 3 victories in a row.

Here is a recap of the last 3 games.

(4-3) vs #19 (5-1)

USC lead 21-16 at the half, behind the play of QB J. Scroggins, but the Cougars battled back returning a INT in the 3rd Quarter to to make it 28-23. Scroggins would throw his 4th TD of the game to start the 4th, but 2 more INT's as well that would set up 2 WSU scoring drives as C. Halliday scores on a 5 yd QB keeper with 2 minutes to play to give the Cougars the 3pt lead. USC would get a chance to tie the game with 32 seconds to play, but PK J. Young would miss the 39 yd attempt giving WSU the win.
FINAL SCORE WSU-38 #19 USC-35

KEY PLAYER

HB D. Williams-22 carries 104 yds (4.7 avg) 2 TD's

(5-3) @ #24 (6-3)

For the 3rd straight year, WSU has beaten the Cardinals well ranked in the Top-25. WSU jumped out to a 14-7 lead in the 1st Quarter. Stanford battled back to take a 28-21 lead at the half on a 79 yd INT "Pick 6".

WSU would get the ball and score on a 1 yd TD run by D. Williams to tie the game, then hold the Cardinals to a 37 FG. With 2 minutes to play C. Halliday would lead the offense down the field only to throw a INT in the endzone. However the Cougar "D" would step up as SR DE D. Camporeale had a career night picking up 3 of his team/season/career high 5 sacks to help his team get the ball back with 41 seconds to play. It would take only 2 plays though has Halliday hits RB D. Williams on a screen pass, letting Williams do the rest going 51 yds for the game winning TD.
FINAL SCORE WSU-35 #24 STANFORD-31

KEY PLAYERS

QB C. Halliday 16/33 330 yds 2 TD 1 INT
RB D. Williams-26 carries 110 yds (4.2 Avg) 2 TD
1 rec 51 yds 1 TD
WR T. McCoy-2 rec 100 yds 1 TD
WR M. Wilson-6 rec 98 yds
DE D. Camporeale 13 Tackles, 12 Solo/10 TFL, 5 Sacks!!

(6-3) @ (3-7)

It was another nail biter. WSU scored 1st taking a 7-0 lead in the 1st Q, on a 43 yd pass from Halliday to Wilson, but Colorado would step up the "D" taking a 10-7 lead into the half.

In the 3rd Quarter it was Halliday to Wilson again this time from 4 yds out as WSU took the 14-10 lead into the 4th.

Colorado would kick a FG to make it 14-13, and then with 4 minutes to play score on a 5 yd run by Q. Hildreth to go up 19-14. The Buffs would go for 2pt but fail leaving the Cougars a chance to win it with a TD in the final 4 minutes. Coach Dodge not stressing would stick to the ground game that has played well of late and RB D. Williams would answer with a 4 yd score with 1:31 to play. Halliday would score the 2pt conversion on a QB Keeper to make it 22-19.

Colorado would move the ball well picking up a 1st down before CB D. Miller would get his 1st career INT sealing the victory.

FINAL SCORE WSU-22 COLORADO-19

KEY PLAYERS

QB C. Halliday-19/36 201 yds 3 TD's
RB D. Williams-22 carries 92 yds (4.1 Avg) 1 TD
WR M. Wilson-6 rec 100 yds 2 TD
TE C. Jackson-7 rec 78 yds
CB D. Miller-1 INT (Game saver)

GAME COMMENTS BY COACH DODGE

"I really like how we have played lately. The "D" has really stepped up and played well creating turnovers and putting alot of pressure on the opposing QB. Halliday has played well cutting down on INT's and RB D. Williams has been solid. Avg over 4 yds a carry and rushing for 300+ yds well also showing his ability to catch the ball as well."

Old 11-16-2010, 12:13 AM   #324
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers
I just read through this thing, and it is truly impressive work you done here. I really enjoyed your recaps and looks around the league, etc.

I just ordered NCAA 11 and it should be here tomorrow, I haven't played an NCAA game for a long time, so it'll be a new experience for me. What really sold me on it was all of the great dynasties around here, and yours is no exception.

Hope that Coach Dodge can keep it up and hopefully it'll work out for you!

Is Minnesota still horrible in your game? :P

Thanks for the the nice compliment. I really enjoy posting my dynasties. I started with College Hoops. This is my 1st year doing Football, but I am having a blast doing it.

I think you will really enjoy the game. I don't play anything else. I want to start my College Hoops thread back up, but I am having a hard time taking football out.

Minnesota has struggled I changed up the Big Ten adding Notre Dame and Nebraska, and moved Iowa to the Big 12 and Northwestern to the Big East so having 2 more tough teams in conference hasn't helped matters. Typically the Gophers battle Illinios and Indiana for last place in the Big Ten. Currently I am in Year 4 and they are 3-7 Overall and 2-6 in the Big Ten with wins over Michigan State and Indiana. They got Middle Tennessee and New Mexico State both 5-5 teams left to play, so there is a outside chance they could get to 5 wins.

I actually was given the opportunity to take over Minnesota in Year 2 after leading North Texas to a 10 win season (including my bowl game) but at the time felt like their program was to good (3* with alot of 80+ rated players) so instead I took over at WSU who was a 1* program, and I am glad, but Minnesota would one day be a possible destination for me. I have had alot of family graduated from Minnesota and enjoyed my time there in my basketball dynasty.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:30 AM   #325
Rookie

mnwildgophers's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Thanks for the the nice compliment. I really enjoy posting my dynasties. I started with College Hoops. This is my 1st year doing Football, but I am having a blast doing it.

I think you will really enjoy the game. I don't play anything else. I want to start my College Hoops thread back up, but I am having a hard time taking football out.

Minnesota has struggled I changed up the Big Ten adding Notre Dame and Nebraska, and moved Iowa to the Big 12 and Northwestern to the Big East so having 2 more tough teams in conference hasn't helped matters. Typically the Gophers battle Illinios and Indiana for last place in the Big Ten. Currently I am in Year 4 and they are 3-7 Overall and 2-6 in the Big Ten with wins over Michigan State and Indiana. They got Middle Tennessee and New Mexico State both 5-5 teams left to play, so there is a outside chance they could get to 5 wins.

I actually was given the opportunity to take over Minnesota in Year 2 after leading North Texas to a 10 win season (including my bowl game) but at the time felt like their program was to good (3* with alot of 80+ rated players) so instead I took over at WSU who was a 1* program, and I am glad, but Minnesota would one day be a possible destination for me. I have had alot of family graduated from Minnesota and enjoyed my time there in my basketball dynasty.

I've mostly been a hockey guy, as the Gophers have been really bad the last couple of years, and with the Vikings and Gophers doing so bad in football, I have to move onto something else, but I'm super excited about this game, wish I would've found out about it earlier.

Yeah, I thought the conference re-alignment was an interesting twist. It's not surprising to see the Gophers be so far back battling for the last spot, so I guess that doesn't help in their recruiting battles.

I'm actually planning on starting a Gophers franchise once I get the game and get a grasp for it.

Happy to see you get in the Top 25, hopefully you can continue to build up the program.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2010, 01:24 AM   #326
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Good Evening and Welcome to a Special Edition of Comcast Sportsnet brought to you by Fox Sports Northwest. I am you host Jason Gesser. Tonight's guest is Washington State Head Football Coach Bryan Dodge.

Gesser-Coach first let me say how proud I am that you are leading the WSU program. You have brought back some of the respectability that we once had in Pullman.

Dodge-Thanks Jason, let me say I always thought you were a great QB except when you helped lead the Cougars over my beloved Boise State Broncos on the "Blue" back in 2001.

Gesser- Thanks Coach. You know that victory didn't mean much back then, but now that the Broncos have gone on to dominate at home like they have knowing that we were the last ones to beat them on the Blue in a Regular season game is pretty amazing.

Dodge-Don't remind me. I was sitting 2 rows up on the 50 yd line watching you.

Gesser-Coach lets get right to it. You are off to another amazing season. You already have the Cougars bowl elgible picking up your 7th win. Your currently in 2nd place in the Pac-10 which means you will at worst be going back to the Holiday Bowl for a 3rd straight year or could possibily be going to the Alamo Bowl with a win over Washington this week and you have the Cougars back in the Top-25 at #18 in the BCS, with 2 games to play

Dodge-Yeah Jason it has been a great year for us. We have played very well at times, and struggled at times, but Overall I feel really good about the direction we are taking the program.

Gesser-Speaking of the program. You made a bold move in Week 10 hiring a Washington State legend in QB Drew Bledsoe, who just last year attempted a NFL comeback with the Portland Bulldogs. What exactly is going to be Drew's role with the team.

Dodge-Drew is going to be our Quarterbacks Coach. Conner Halliday came in and did a great job filling in for J. Tuell over the past 2 years, but has really struggled this year. I felt like having someone like Drew work with him would be a huge benifit. Plus we have 3 very young QB's who have very limited PT behind Conner so I thought having Drew here to mentor them would help them as well.
10 games as a FR/SO-(3182 yds 22 TD's 17 INT)
10 games as the fulltime starter JR year (2645 yds 13 TD/13 INT)

Gesser-Coach is it true that Ryan Leaf orginally contacted you about the posistion?

Dodge-He did, but I understood that he was having some legal issues and needed to go to Canada to clear some things up.

Gesser-Coach when you first took over the program, you ran a pretty pass happy Spread style offense. From looking at the game film from the last 3 games it looks like you have switched up some formations and have really focused on getting RB Donte Williams the ball.

Dodge-We have. We are still running a fast pace offense, but we have gone away from using the spread as much and gone with more of a pro style offense (I switched playbooks back to Boise State) So far it has really paid off. Williams has over 300 yds in his past 3 games and now has 204 carries for 885 yds and 10 TD's on the ground, plus another 197 yds and 2 TD recieving.
Gesser-Coach last year I. Barton broke almost all the school records for a WR yet FR T. McCoy also had a breakout year catching 33 balls for 532 yds and 3 TD's being named to the Freshman All-NCAA team. This year he really struggled to show up in the stats column (5 catches 67 yds and no TD's) through the first 8 games.

Dodge-Well again that's something that we have looked to change. Over the past 2 weeks he has 5 catches 113 yds and a TD. All year he has struggled to break threw the double coverage and alot of Halliday's INT have been balls thrown his way.

Gesser-Coach another player who has really stepped up huge the past 3 games has been DE D. Camporeale. He went from 5.5 sacks in 8 games to 10.5 sacks after the 5 sack performance against Stanford. What has been the reason for his breakout?

Dodge-I don't think he or we have done anything different, he/we took advantage to the matchup we had against the Cardinals inexperience at RT and it paid off.

Gesser-Coach you got a big game coming up against Washington. You are 2-0 against the Dawgs so far and 8-0 against WSU rivals since arriving in Pullman. What has been the key to your success?

Dodge-It's not me. It's the guys. We put in the same game plan every week, but when it comes to playing Idaho/Oregon State and Washington, everyone just seems to bring a litt more energy.

Gesser-Well Coach we are out of time, but before we leave, I want to go to the email question of the Week. It comes from Tyler Dixon of the Portland Gazette.

"Coach how soon do you think you will have WSU contending for a BCS Championship and how long do you plan on staying at WSU?"

Dodge-Well Jason as you know I since I got here, I have been offered several opportunites to leave Pullman, but I signed a 4 year extension, and I don't have any plans on leaving until that contract is up. As far as how long do I think it will take. I feel we are making progess every year I am here. Each year we do a little better in recruiting, we win more games and we are showing the nation we can win big time games. The Pac-10 is tough and until we can start landing some 4* and 5* caliber players it will be tough for us to get the National respect that gives you a opportunity to play for a BCS Title. Look at Boise State. It look them 10+ years to get to where they are, and they still havn't gotten the chance. Just because we play in the Pac-10 doesn't give us a better chance, in fact it probably makes it worse because of the tough conference schedule we face each year.

Gesser- Well thanks again for joining me, Coach and I look foward to talking to you again. I also look forward to seeing you take up the Apple Cup for the 3rd straight year and hopefully with a bowl win, we will see WSU finish in the Top-15 with a 10-3 record.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:30 PM   #327
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

BATTLE FOR THE APPLE

#19 (7-3) VS (5-6)

GAME PREVIEW

In 2011, QB J. Tuell led the Cougars to a 4th Quarter rally to beat the Huskies in Pullman 21-17. In 2012 in a freak blizzard in Seattle that saw 4 ft of snow get dumped in 1 day, the Cougars once again pulled off the victory defeating the #6 (10-1) Huskies 31-21, to keep UW from a Pac-10 Championship and Rose bow bid.

Now it is the Dawgs looking to return the favor as the shoe is on the other foot, with WSU the Top-25 ranked team and the Dawgs just looking to get that 6th win so they can go to a Bowl.

GAME RECAP

It was a cold day in Pullman with the Weather in the 30's. The Cougars would strike early and often in the 1st half as RB D. Williams had a career day rushing for 112 yds in the 1st half and scoring 3 TD's including a 52 yarder!!!, as WSU took a 28-0 lead into the locker room.

The Huskie D would step up in the 3rd Quarter limiting the Coug's to just a 26 yd FG and Nick Montana would hit A. Williams on a 7 yd TD pass to get UW on the board (31-7)

Looking to continue his career day. RB Donte Williams scored his 4th TD from 10 yds out as he carried the ball 29 times for 204 yds (7.0 avg). (38-7) However a miscue on special teams put the Dawgs back on the scoreboard as D. Cooper returns the kickoff 99 yds for the score. (38-14) With both starting units on the bench for WSU, C. Winston would score from 1 yd out after T. McCoy took a J. Roland pass 42 yds down to the 1 yd line. (45-14) Washington however wasn't ready to give up and with 24 seconds to play N. Montana would hit R. Long on a 15 yd TD pass to make it (45-21) (The TD pass gave Montana the UW record)
The Huskies would go for the onside kick but WSU would recover. Things would heat up as the Huskie D jumps offsides trying to get to J. Roland as he looked to run out the clock. So on a 3rd and 4, Roland would sent RB R. Mayfield out wide. UW would not change their coverage and Mayfield was left wide open down the sideline as Roland hit the SO RB for a 34 yd score with 8 seconds to play... Boo's would insue from the Huskie faithfull. Only time will tell if this last play will just add more fuel to a already heated rivalary.
FINAL SCORE WSU-52 UW-21

KEY PLAYERS

QB C. Halliday-15/30 234 yds 1 TD
QB J. Roland-4/4 80 yds 1 TD
RB- D. Williams-29 carries 204 yds 4 TD
RB R. Mayfield-4 carries 10 yds, 1 rec 34 yds 1 TD
WR M. Wilson-8 rec 140 yds
WR T. McCoy-3 rec 50 yds 1 TD

QB N. Montana-25/40 301 yds 2 TD 1 INT
RB D. Cooper-14 carries 57 yds, 1-99 yd KO Return TD
WR R. Long-4 rec 106 yds 1 TD

POST GAME COMMENTS FROM COACH DODGE

I don't care what the University of Washington thinks about that last play. I told Roland if they put 9 or 10 guys in the box and thought they could try and get to him to know the ball out, to make the call and throw it. They did and he did, end of discussion.

As far as how the rest of the game went. I was excited to see Donte have a breakout game. His performance today was the kind of game we expected from him all year. He proved tonight the kind of player he really is. Had I realized the school record is 5 TD's in a game I would've put him in for Winston down on the 1yd line.

I was also very proud of how our "D" played in the 1st half, and overall. They have really progressed this season and are a huge reason why we are where we are.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:05 PM   #328
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

TEAM REPORT

STAT NOTES
With their performances in the win over Washington, RB D. Williams went over 1000 yd rushing for the season, QB C. Halliday passed the 3000 yd mark, and WR M. Wilson passed the 1000 yd mark for recieving. The TD pass from J. Roland to R. Mayfield was his 1st of his career.

AWARD FINALIST

Last year I. Barton won Biletnikoff for being the best WR in College Football. This year's Cougars team has played and won as a team. So far only PK R. Parrish is the running for a trophey. The SO kicker is 14/18 on FG and a amazing 14/14 inside the 40 yd line. For his efforts he is currently 4th for the Lou Groza Award.

COUGARS ARE GOING BOWLING

With the win over the Huskies, the Cougars will finish 2nd in the Pac-10. It is their highest finish since the 2002 season where they were Co-Pac-10 Champs and lost in the Rose Bowl to Oklahoma. For their Efforts the Cougars will be playing in the 3rd straight Bowl, only this time they will be head to Texas instead of sunny San Diego, to play in the Alamo Bowl against another Cougar, the Houston Cougars.

OPPONENT (8-4)

RECRUITING RECAP

One thing that was somewhat lost this season, as the Cougars played well on the field was how well Coach Dodge and his staff did off the field as well. Last year Coach Dodge brought in the #65 Overall Class to Pullman landing 19 of his 20 recruits during inseason recruiting. Things have been no different this year as the WSU currently ranks #14 in the nation with 19 players already committed to coming to Pullman next year including Coach Dodge's 1st 4* Recruit 6'5 DE Bryan Mills (Centralia WA). Mills is the #22 ranked DE in the nation and should be a starter day 1.

[ Overall Rankings per Pos is (#) ]

Washington State Cougars Recruiting - 2013
NAMEPOSCLASSHOMETOWNHTWTCALIBER
B. Mills (#22)DEHSCentraila WA6'52304*
T. Merriman (#42)DEHSSpokane WA6'42293*
C. Wilkerson (#57)LTHSLakeland South WA6'83243*
C. Meeks (#76)WRHSBurien WA6'01913*
F. McBride (#39)CBHSSpokane WA6'21873*
M. Thompson (#44)TEHSVictoria Canda6'51893*
J. Anderson (#73)RGHSNewberg OR6'42773*
J. Malloy (#70)RTHSLongview WA6'63343*
M. Neal (#44)RTHSDes Moines WA6'62873*
J. Means (#56)ATHHSYakima WA6'11993*
M. Wright (#76)CBHSBellingham WA6'11823*
W. Jones (#66)CBHSKapolei HI6'1175 3*
J. Parham (#36)LGHSWestmont CA6'53183*
A. Jackson (#65)LGHSEast Hill-Meridian WA6'52933*
J. Jude (#51)MLBHSStockton CA6'12413*
K. Shaw (#29)MLBHSRosemead CA6'32313*
B. DeAngelis (#49)OLBHSManoa HI6'12123*
J. Gray (#13)MLBHSRupert ID6'12123*
K. Reed (#35)QBHSNorth Marysville WA6'21833*

Last edited by Deuce2223; 11-16-2010 at 02:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »