Home

The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

This is a discussion on The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-17-2010, 07:06 PM   #353
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky3
PS - Do you have any suggestions for a dynasty to run with? I was with Baylor and got really bored with the recruiting of Texas and Griffin's abilities, so I stopped posting on here. I was playing with Baylor in year 1 and didn't think that should be happening. Also, how do you recommend getting invested in the team without getting bored?

Who should I start with pretty much? I want a challenge and even Baylor due to being in Texas and Griffin made it too easy.

My suggestion would be to do more of a Coaching style dynasty like I am doing with Coach Dodge. Find a 1* team to start out with in a small conference and work your way up. I started with North Texas, because I figured I would be able to at least land some solid 2* recruits instate. I never dreamed I would get the opportunity to move to WSU in Year 2. Which was funny because I took a step back. I had turned UNT into a 2* and WSU was a 1* Now 3 years later I have WSU as a 4* and have won back to back bowl games, so my recruiting restrictions are off and I am looking to turn WSU into a powerhouse again. It's been a struggle and alot of fun.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:07 PM   #354
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se

How is SDSU doing in year 5?

They are coming off a 6-6 season that saw them lose in a bowl game to #20 Virginia Tech.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:09 PM   #355
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtackel78
so upset about being moved to right but oh well and the bledsoe addtion will be sweet

At least you are starting

I am liking having Bledsoe around. I am hoping that he can help me find a future star QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #356
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky3
What is the comparison between the 3 QBs at Ohio State? Like throw power, throw accuracy, speed, acceleration, etc.?

Mr. Ross doesn't really fit the Spread style offense of the Buckeyes, so it would be interesting to see what the comparison is. I wouldn't be suprised to see one of them either redshirt or transfer

As for Mr. Mengel at Oklahoma. Looks like he is buried on the depth chart as well for at least 2 years. Wonder how many of these guys will end up transfering with their higher rating (85) and limited patience.

Ohio State QB breakdown.

RS SO Ben Holt is 6'2 211 lbs. He is a 91 Overall, has 86 Speed 89 AGI, 8 ACC, 84 AWR 89 THP and 83 THA

So basically he is every coaches dream QB.

FR J. Ross is 6'7 275 lbs. He can throw the ball a mile with 95 THP but has only 78 THA. He is 85 Overall with 84 AWR and 80 Strength, so it takes 8 guys to tackle him.

FR A. West is only 6'1 210 lbs and is a 85 Overall as well, with 73 SPD, 80 AWR, 84 THP but 88 THA (the highest of the 3).

My guess is that Holt will bolt early for the NFL and it will come down to how Ross and West progress to see who is the starter their JR and SR year.

OSU also signed another FR QB name A. Pearson but he is only a 80 Overall, so I don't think he will overtake Ross or West.

As far as Mengal goes. He will be a starte his JR and SR year if he sticks around and should see some carries as a SO was well maybe sharing time with RS JR D. Butler. Butler is a beast a 6'6 237 lbs. I would love to have a RB that big
Old 11-17-2010, 07:20 PM   #357
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarix
Nice to see a little QB competition at Ohio State, lets see if Adam can win the #2 spot and someday be the starter, just hope he doesn't go the way of a Shane Falco :-P

Rumor is Coach Tressell loves Adam West for his Heart (a Shane Falco trait). Will be interesting to see how the competition comes out. I do hope to see 1 of them transfer out though..

By the way I created Jake West this year (more about him later in the Recruiting writeup) but it's funny righ tnow Ohio State is leading the way to signing him so he and Adam can play together again.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:25 PM   #358
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLWebb
Man... that is a wicked first three games to start the season.

It looks like you have strong skilled position guys but your Offensive Line appears around average... do you think that is going to cause you some problems deeper into the season (and even more so if the injury bug visits your campus).

Also, that Right End, Owens (Sophomore I think)... is going to be a beast as he progresses.

I am really excited about both Owens and Mills. Both look to be amazing for me, which is good because I need to put alot of pressure on the QB, because my Linebackers are not very highly rated.

As far as my Offensive Line. Avg at Best is a compliment. The Left side are both RS SR, so next year will be even worse. I sign 4 or 5 guys every year for the line, but so far I have yet to find the diamond in the rough. I am starting RS FR B. McCullough at RG because even though he is only a 60 Overall he has 94 AWR. However his PBK is only a 70 and his RBK is a 68. So if the running game starts to struggle or he is a key reason for alot of sacks, I am going to sub him out and go with Taylor or Love.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:26 PM   #359
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodshedCanine
That's going to be a tough first few weeks. Sure you can win them though.

I sent you a character a few days ago, not sure if you got it or not.

The Oregon game has been circled on the calender since last year. I don't know what the deal is, but I can't beat the stupid Ducks.

I got your player and created him for this season. I will have a recruiting recap in Week 5, where I talk about the players and what schools they are looking at.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:28 PM   #360
MVP

Assassin's Arena

OVR: 6

Are you still accepting recruits for the upcoming season?

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »