Home

The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

This is a discussion on The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-19-2010, 03:14 AM   #377
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

WEEK 2 RECAP

#23 (1-0) VS #22

GAME RECAP

After their Week 1 win over #23 Boise State, the Washington State Cougars moved up to #23 in the Top-25 Poll, well BYU takes advantage of BSU loss, they also move up 1 spot to #22.

However not all is perfect in Pullman. Star RB Donte Williams was injuried in the 3rd Quarter and reinjuried his shoulder again in the 4th Quarter on his TD run. Trainers have him listed to miss the next 3 weeks including today's game and next weeks matchup with #4 Oregon.

GAME RECAP

With Donte Williams on the sideline in street clothes, RS FR Ian Jefferson would get the start in just his 2nd game for his career, however in the 1st half he was not needs as WSU took a early 14-0 lead on 2 TD passes by Conner Halliday. The Cougar "D" would play amazing shutting down the BYU Offense as they forced 2 turnovers (1 INT and 1 Fumble) to help set up 2 FG attempts by R. Parrish. Parrish would miss from 43 yds out but connect on a 29 yd FG with 26 seconds to play to give WSU the 17-0 lead at the half.

In the 2nd half, Jefferson would show he too could help the team as he scored 2 TD's (2 yds and 4 yds) and the Defense continued to shut down BYU's scoring attack, as DE M. Owen recorded 3 sacks and forced a fumble to help WSU take a 31-0 lead into the 4th.

BYU would finally get on the scoreboard scoring 2 Touchdowns on the ground (2 yds and 13 yds after a J. Roland INT). Unwilling to wave the white flag, BYU would go for the onside kick, but WSU would recover helping set up R. Parrish's career long FG for 42 yds to make it 34-15 with less then 2 minutes play. With their starting QB forced to leave the game after being sacked twice more by M. Owen, RS SO K. Scott was left to direct the 2 minute offense, but instead Scott's pass was picked off by A. Carpenter giving the ball back to the WSU Offense. Still not willing to give up BYU would use all 3 timeouts in attempt to get the ball back, so Coach Dodge gave backup QB J. Roland the okay to pass the ball, and Roland would find R. Jiles open down the sideline for a 38 yd score with 22 seconds to play.

FINAL SCORE WSU-41 BYU-15

KEY PLAYERS

QB C. Halliday-27/42 432 yds 2 TD
QB J. Roland-3/8 59 yds 1 TD 1 INT
RB I. Jefferson-21 carries 84 yds (4.0 Avg) 2 TD
WR M. Wilson-9 rec 129 yds 1 TD
WR T. McCoy-6 rec 150 yds
WR B. Ratliff-5 rec 59 yds
WR R. Jiles-3 rec 83 yds 1 TD
WR AJ Brooks-5 rec 52 yds 1 TD
DE M. Owens-13 Tackles, 7 Solo, 5 Sacks, 1 Force Fumble, 1 Fumble Recovery.

QB E. Pittman-13/25 151 yds 1 INT
QB K. Scott-0/4 1 INT

RB Z. Mendenhall-24 carries 116 yds 1 TD

POST GAME COMMENTS BY COACH DODGE.

"I Don't care what Coach Mendenhall thinks of our last TD. He chose to have his players call the timeouts, and he was the one who called for the onside kick. If he is unwilling to wave the white flag of surrender then I see no reason to send my RB into the arms of 10 Defenders just waiting for the chance to try and knock the ball out of his hands. So yeah I told Roland to look for Jiles down the sideline. The play worked and he hit him wide open.

I am really proud of how both sides played today. Halliday had a great game and has really progress under the teaching of Drew, Jefferson ran well in his 1st career start, and all the WR's stepped up making plays. However the guy I am most proud of tonight was DE M. Owens. He was a man on a mission. I have never seen 1 guy take on the opposing offense like that and cause as much mayham an havoc as he did. He was laying out some huge hit's on both Pittman and Scott.

I really do hope Pittman isn't hurt to badly.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:17 AM   #378
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

way to smash b-y who, great game from Halliday and looks like you got everyone involved on offense for the most part

PS5:
MLB The Show 20
Pro Yakyuu Spirits 20
NHL 21
FIFA 21

PC:
Escape from Tarkov
Call of Duty: Cold War - Black Ops
Call of Duty Modern Warfare/Warzone
Phasmophobia
The Hunt

https://www.twitch.tv/myk13
Old 11-19-2010, 03:19 AM   #379
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
way to smash b-y who, great game from Halliday and looks like you got everyone involved on offense for the most part

Thank you. Yeah it was great to see all 5 WR's step up and make some nice plays and get involved. I was suprised with how well Ian Jefferson played. I actually recruited him as a Athlete and he came in as a 69 Overall, but progressed to a 71. It looks like he might actually be a decent replacement for Williams next year unless I can land a 4* RB in recruiting.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:36 AM   #380
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

WEEK 1 & 2 RECAP

Week 1 didn't offer to many games of noteworthing, other then the BSU vs WSU matchup, but Week 2 did offer some pretty good games.

#1 Ohio State struggled against Cincinnati in a instate rivalary game scoring a TD in the final minute to win 36-29

#2 Alabama destroyed a FCS Opponent 56-0 to keep their #2 ranking, well #3 LSU defeated SMU 41-14 to hold onto the #3.

Oregon kept their #4 Ranking with a 38-14 win over Iowa, well #5 Oklahoma defeated #24 Notre Dame 44-10 to keep the Top-5 intact.

In fact the Top-25 remained pretty much unchanged as only #14 UCLA suffered a huge upset losing 27-14 to Virginia.

With the loss UCLA fell from the Top-25, with their win WSU moved up from #23 to #21, and both Cal and Utah joined the Top-25 at #24 and #25
Old 11-19-2010, 03:44 AM   #381
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

So I didn't get a chance to play the Oregon game, and I am leaving straight after work tomorrow to go out of town for the a couple days will be back Sunday afternoon. Look for updates on Monday, including this year's board memember recruits

QB-Tyler Drake-(BloodshedCanine)
QB-Bryan Leaf (Me)
RB- Jose "Speedy Gonzales-(KesleyPro)
RB-Jake West-(Valdarix)
CB-Michael James-(Franchise)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2010, 06:56 PM   #382
Rookie

BloodshedCanine's Arena

OVR: 3

Can't wait to see my character. Wonder what schools he's considering. I'm fine with anyone except Alabama and Georgia Tech (I'll probably jynx myself now).
Atlanta Thrashers
Atlanta Falcons - Minnesota Vikings - New Orleans Saints
Old 11-21-2010, 07:28 PM   #383
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

COLLEGE GAME DAY IN EUGENE FOR TOP-25 BATTLE

#21 (2-0) @ #4 (1-0)

GAME PREVIEW WITH GAME DAY CREW

Lee Corso-You got to love this matchup. The Ducks are flying strong behind the play of Heisman Canidate QB Bryan Bennett and the legs of RB A. Lawernce.

Kirk Herbstreit-I agree with the level of this matchup Lee. It is bigtime!!! However I really like WSU. 3 years ago they were one of the worst teams in College Football but they made a amazing hire bringing in Coach Bryan Dodge, who has helped WSU win 27 games over the past 3 years including 2 Bowl wins!!

I don't disagree, Coach Dodge is great, but come on "Herbie". The Ducks are #4 in the nation for a reason. They are good. Very Good. Plus WSU is missing a key player in RB Donte Williams. In fact to get more on that lets go to our sideline team Erin Andrews and Desmond Howard.

Thanks Lee and Kirk. I have just talked with Coach Dodge and yes RB Donte Williams will miss this week's game with a bruised shoulder. I understand DW is very upset because this was a homecoming game for him being how he started his college career with Oregon. Also FS Tyrone Duckett will aslo miss the game as well as the next 5 weeks with a torn pectoral. CB/Safety Duane Buchannon will get the start.

Desmond Howard- Williams is a great player, but when you think WSU over the past 3 years, you think WR. First Jeff Kartsetter then record breaking Isiah Barton. Now WSU has another bigtime WR in M. Wilson. This kid is a stud and when Coach Dodge needs a big play, he calls his #. I expect a big day out of Wilson and that big day will help the Cougars get Coach Dodge his 1st win over the Ducks.

GAME RECAP

Desmond Howard called it when he said Marquess White was bigtime.

The 6'4 SR WR had another career day as he caught 10 balls for 220 yds and 3 TD's (including a 65 yd and 42 yd). Oregon's Bryan Bennett might have all the skills to be one of the best QB's in the nation, but today something was just slightly off as he throws 2 2nd half INT's to allow WSU to take a commanding lead and pull off their biggest upset win of Coach Dodge's career.

Coach Dodge "Obviously our win over #6 Wasington in the Apple cup 2 years ago was a huge victory for our program, but this just felt a little more special. When we started the year knowing we had 3 very tough games again Top-25 opponents, we talked like winning 2 out of 3 would be a huge step for us, however now that we are 3-0, the team believes anything is possible, and when the guys believe that, you become one of the most dangerous teams in the nation"

TEAM1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
#4 OREGON (1-0)3140017
#21 WASHINGTON STATE (2-0)71314034
Team Stats Comparison

WSUORE
439Total Offense347
33-110Rushing Yards32-12
18/34/329Passing Yards18/35/335
17First Downs13
-Punt Return Yards-
-Kick Return Yards-
439Total Yards347
0Turnovers2
9-173rd Down Converstion7-18
0-04th Down Conversion2-4
17:36Posession Time14:24
Scoring Summary
FIRST QUARTER SCORINGWSUORE
2:24(ORE) 43 yd FG J. Richardson03
1:32(WSU) 65 yd Pass from C. Halliday to M. Wilson37
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGWSUORE
6:42(ORE) 27 yd Pass from B. Bennett to S. Morris107
3:44(WSU) 39 yd FG by R. Parrish1010
3:16(ORE) 80 yd Pass from B. Bennett to L. Tyler1710
1:38(WSU) 22 yd FG by R. Parrish1713
:38(WSU) 15 yd Pass from C. Halliday to M. Wilson2017
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGWSUORE
5:03(WSU) 7 yd Pass from C. Halliday to T. McCoy1727
1:52(WSU) 42 yd Pass from C. Halliday to M. Wilson1734
OREGON Boxscore
PASSINGRATINGC/ATTYDSTD/INTAVG
C. Halliday18/343294
J. Roland0/4
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
I. Jefferson22712.2
C. Stewart451.2
P. Smith3258.3
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTDLONG
M. Wilson1022022.0365
T. McCoy34411.11
DEFENSETACKSACKINTPDEFTD
M. Owens62.0
WASHINGTON STATE Boxscore
PASSINGRATINGC/ATTYDSTD/INTAVG
B. Bennett18/353352/2
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTDLONG
A. Lawrence13282.1
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTDLONG
L. Tyler513426.9180
S. Morris4641
K. Lowe452
J. Wright373

(I am not sure why the background colors got switched)

Coach Dodge Comments

I am very proud of how this team is playing. We did a amazing job on Defense in the 2nd half holding Lawerence to zero postive rushes, and getting some huge sacks on Bennett.

M. Owens is playing better then any DE I have had the privledge of coaching. Even when he isn't getting credited with a sack he is putting the hurt on the opposing QB. Both Miller and Buchannon's INT were huge as well. Bennett had no choice but to throw up a jump ball and they both did a amazing job of getting posistion and coming down with the ball.

I can't say enough about M. Wilson. I made a comment earlier that he was not in the same class of J. Kartsetter or I. Barton, but I think he proved me wrong tonight. He made some amazing catches.

Last edited by Deuce2223; 11-21-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #384
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

big win over Oregon!! Good job, Halliday is the man, looks like he and Wilson have something good going.

PS5:
MLB The Show 20
Pro Yakyuu Spirits 20
NHL 21
FIFA 21

PC:
Escape from Tarkov
Call of Duty: Cold War - Black Ops
Call of Duty Modern Warfare/Warzone
Phasmophobia
The Hunt

https://www.twitch.tv/myk13