Home

The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

This is a discussion on The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-06-2010, 02:22 AM   #465
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Career of Bryan Dodge (NCAA11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbasket20
Nice win over Bama in the NC and congrats on winning the coach of the year.

Thanks. It was a great year. Next year will be interesting. I loose a ton of talent on the Offensive side of the ball, but hopefully my Defense will carry the team and guys will play better then their ranking on Offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 02:24 AM   #466
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ4
MAACO Las Vegas
Utah vs. Boise State
Dec. 22
8 p.m. ESPN

...ouch

Yeah not happy, but at least we are not playing some crappy school. A win over Utah is still something to be proud of and now that they are moving to the Pac-10 they canceled their game with us, so this will be our chance to get back at them.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:27 AM   #467
MVP

JLWebb's Arena

OVR: 13

Nice... WSU - National Champs! Congrats!
Old 12-06-2010, 07:23 AM   #468
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Wazzu and National Championship has a nice ring to it!
Old 12-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #469
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

END OF THE YEAR REPORT

MARLON OWENS TURNS DOWN THE NFL
Most assumed after leading the nation in Sacks, winning the Bedarik/Nagurski and Lombardi Tropheys, plus a National Championship ring that Owens would declare for the NFL Draft, but after a hour long meeting with the Coaching Staff, Marlon has decided to return to Pullman for at least 1 more season. Here is a look at his Ratings.
Overall-80 Speed-73 Acceleration-87 Agility-55 Awareness-46
Stength-81 Tackle-72 Power Moves-89, Finesse Move-84
Block Shedding-87 Pursuit-81 Hit Power-81 Jumping-58
Zone Coverage-57 Staminia-81 Injury-86

Coach Dodge comments "Obviously we believe that Owens has the talent to play on Sunday's but after talking to NFL Scouts across the nation and was projected as a late 1st Round/Early 2nd Round pick. We felt like if we could help him with his Awareness and maybe work on him toning up his 284 lbs on his 6'1 frame he might be even more Agile then he is now."

WSU GRADUATES 13 PLAYERS

Normally when 13 players leaving your program, you don't see a huge hit to your Overall Ranking, however when 11 of them are starters it does.
QB C. Halliday (85)
Career Stats-690/1340 10749 yds 75 TD's 47 INT Avg Game-239 yds 51.5 Comp % 220 carries 513 yds 4 TD's
Halliday Broke the Schools Season Passing Record with 3996 yds this past season.

WR M. Wilson (89)
Career Stats-234 rec 3749 yds 24 TD's
M. Wilson didn't play much his first 2 seasons with WSU (51 rec 560 yds 5 TD) but had break out years his last 2 seasons (85-1413-7, and 98-1767-12). He Also broke into the school record book with Most Recp in a Career and Most Rec Yards in a Career

HB D. Williams (96)
Career Stats-541 carries 2408 yds (4.5 Avg) 32 TD's
Williams transfered in from Oregon, but made the most of his 2 years in Pullman rushing for over 1000 yds and scoring double digit TD's in both seasons.
FB A. Dunn (79)-Starting Fullback for the past 3 years

DT X. Cooper (70)-Had 6 sacks as a Senior.

ROLB C. Mizzell (80)-Started 3 seasons Had 229 Tackles (140 Solo, 27 TFL), 5 Sacks, 5 INT, Scored 5 Defensive TD's

LG J. Rodgers (76)- 2 Year Starter gave up just 4 Sacks in his career

FS T. Duckett (79)-Never started but was a key reserve

CB D. Buchannon (77)- Played all over the field at both CB/FS/SS. had 59 Tackles (37 Solo) and 3 INT and 7 Pass Deflections this past Season

CB A. Carpeneter (80)-52 Tackles (40 Solo) and 2 INT this season

LT J. Fullington (78)- Started the past 2 years. Career 57 Pancakes and 14 Sacks given up.

WR B. Ratliff (89)-Was the #3 WR for the past 3 years but still posted big #'s with 500+ in each season. Had 98 rec 1602 yds 13 TD's for his career.

WR R. Jiles (89)-His best season was as a Soph with 39 rec 624 yds and 7 TD's. But it was his big play potential that kept him in the starting lineup. Career stats-98 Rec 1468 yds 12 TD.
Coach Dodge comments "Obviously the loss of Halliday, Williams and our Top-3 WR will take a toll on the Offense as well as 2 starting O-Lineman, and losing Mizzell/Buchannon/Carpenter takes a huge hit to our Defense, but I am excited to see who can step up and replace them."

WSU LANDS #10 CLASS IN THE COUNTRY

Coach Dodge made the most of his National Championship win, but bringing in the #10 Class in the Nation, highlighted with the signing of 23 Players (7-4* and 16-3*) Here is a look at some of the Key signings.
4* ATH (#12) B. Wade-5'11 192 lbs-Hanford CA
4* DE (#24) A. Dunbar-6'3 249 lbs-Lakeland WA
4* WR (#43) N. Fagan-6'1 183 lbs-La Puente CA
4* WR (#30)-C. Patterson-6'2 200lbs-Santa Monica CA
4* WR (#37)-J. Spencer-6'2 183 lbs-Centrallia WA
4* WR (#38)-W. Wall-6'0 174 lbs-Richland WA
4* HB (#40)-J. Bain 5'9 209 lbs-Bellevue WA
3* QB (#22)-C. Mason-6'3 194 lbs-Marshall TX
3* QB (#26)-M. Rowe-6'4 187 lbs-Aiea HI
3* QB (#30)-J. Mason-6'4 209 lbs-East Hill WA
3* QB (#25)-D. Williams-6'5 190 lbs-Spokane WA

Coach Dodge- "Obviously we felt like finding a future QB was important so hopefully of the 4 we signed 1 will step up as a future Starter. We already have 3 returning QB's as well, so my guess is 1 or 2 will be cut or moved to a different posistion and those who stay will redshirt. We are very excited about our WR core. B. Wade (ATH) looks to be a speed WR capable of replacing R. Jiles on the outside and the other 4 will battle for who plays this year and who redshirts next year. We do have 4 returning WR but only SR T. McCoy and A. Brooks has much PT.

On the Defense side of the ball, Dunbar was our biggest signing. We came on to him late (Off Season), but are glad to have him he looks like a capable replacement for Owens. With Owens and Mills locked into the starting roles, we will probably Redshirt him. The rest of the signings on Defense were all 3* Players and none are expected to start next year.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #470
Rookie

mnwildgophers's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce2223
Yeah I am staying. My issue is I don't want to leave and have WSU be horrible again. I have them up to a 5* prestige, but they are only a C- Overall in talent. Hopefully after the National Championship win and my recruiting class I have yet to post (#13 in the nation) I will gradually improve the Overall talent. I have 2 years left on my contract, so at this point I will probably stay until it's time to renew. There isn't really a list of schools I am looking to go to, at this point I am thinking somewhere in the Big Ten or SEC. I wouldn't mind taking over a school like Auburn now that they are not very good, or maybe Michigan State.
Yeah, that's awesome what you were able to do. I'm sure that they will stay up there for a little while since their prestige is so high, and now that you own the #10 recruiting class is huge. I'm excited to see how you do next year trying to repeat.

Big Ten or SEC would be cool, go to a bottom feeder and try to build them up is your philosophy? How is Indiana doing? That would be a tough sell in the Big Ten, or somebody like Northwestern even maybe. Auburn would be fun too, lots of possibilities there.

Also, I've been looking for a response to this, but how long does dynasty mode go (anyone can answer, don't mean to hijack thread)?
Old 12-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #471
Hall Of Fame

Deuce2223's Arena

NATIONAL RECRUITING SPOTLIGHT

TEXAS LANDS #1 CLASS

The Texas Longhorns finished the year Ranked #2 in the Nation with a perfect 13-0 record and for that landed the #1 Class with the signing of 8-5* Recruits including the #1 Overall B. Baker a 6'4 231 lb (ATH) from Farmers Branch TX and the #6 Overall/#4 HB Jose "Speedy" Gonzales (K-Pro Recruit)-a 5'5 180 lb Speed Back out of Odessa TX

MICHIGAN LANDS #2 CLASS

Last year the Wolverines landed 3 very talented players in QB K. Charles (K-Pro), #1 Overall WR A. Wheeler (HockeyPlaya) and WR C. Haas (JJ14). This year they signed 4-5* Players including the #1 QB-6'1 T. Rutledge.

OREGON LANDS #4 CLASS

The Ducks finished the year ranked #8 in the Final Polls, losing just 1 game (WSU) However it was their success over WSU which has made them happy. Landing 6-5* prospects including QB Bryan Leaf (Created Prospect by ME) (#13 Overall/#2 QB), and CB Michael James-5'11 180 lbs-San Diego CA (Created by Franchise)

OHIO STATE LANDS #7 CLASS INCLUDING JAKE WEST

Last year the Buckeyes landed QB Adam West, QB Jordan Ross and MLB L. Kyle. (All Board Member Recruits) Now they have added RB Jake West the brother of Adam. Jake is a 5'11 230 lbs Power Back ranked #2 Overall and the #1 HB in the nation.

ALABAMA LANDS #9 CLASS

The Tide might have lost the National Championship to WSU, but they beat them off the field, finishing 1 spot higher in Recruiting, highlighted by the signing of 6-5* prospects including #17/#3 QB Tyler Drake (Board Memember). He will join TE TJ Deuce, RT Ian McLaughlin and SS J. Matthews on a very talented team.

OTHER NOTEABLES

Texas A&M-Finished #3
Florida-#5 (5-5* Recruits)
#6 Miami FL
#8 Oklahoma
#11 UCLA
#12 Virginia Tech
#13 South Carolina
#14 Penn State
#15 Arkansas

#21 USC
#45 Utah
#46 Oregon State
#51 Colorado
#53 Cal
#65 Washington
#79 Stanford

#82 Boise State
#117 North Texas

If there is a team that you follow and want to know how they do in Recruiting Please let me know, Also I already started the new season, and so I am not taking any boardmembers this year. I will try and open in up for more guys next year as the 19 we already have get's closer to graduating.

Last edited by Deuce2223; 12-06-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 02:41 PM   #472
Rookie

BloodshedCanine's Arena

OVR: 3

Nice win in the National Championship. Hope you can repeat.

So, Tyler Drake is going to 'Bama? Nice. At least it's in the SEC. Who does Alabam have a QB right now (or who are the other QBs on the team)? Again, great victory in the NC.
Atlanta Thrashers
Atlanta Falcons - Minnesota Vikings - New Orleans Saints

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »